Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes

Saoshyant posted:

Also, Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker has a date for NA: May 5th.

Super excited for this. Been playing through the first one and really enjoying it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

Fuzz posted:

Snake Eater doesn't run any better on the N3DS, does it? I had heard the framerate on it is garbage, and I assume they will never actually patch it to take advantage of the extra cores, but the new system has twice the RAM so maybe it performs slightly better? Maybe? :pray:

I was worried about the framerate but it's fine. It's a little low, but it's consistent and the game stays responsive so I stopped noticing almost immediately.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

8-bit Miniboss posted:

If you need to, you can get replacement white cases from Nintendo themselves.

Thanks for this, owns.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

My n3DS order from Best Buy's been shipped, but the shipping seems to be delayed because of inclement weather. gently caress this storm.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

ChaosArgate posted:

My n3DS order from Best Buy's been shipped, but the shipping seems to be delayed because of inclement weather. gently caress this storm.

MM or regular?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

ChaosArgate posted:

Had this happen to me. Same reason too, cause of the snow and all. UPS came through today though and I got my N3DS.

Hoping yours comes in tomorrow.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ChaosArgate posted:

At the very least there's a very real possibility of finding your package with the delivery guy's frozen hand still clutching it, so you won't be able to say you didn't get your pound of flesh in compensation.

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

ChaosArgate posted:

02/18/2015 5:49 P.M. An emergency situation or severe weather condition has delayed delivery.
02/18/2015 4:54 P.M. Severe weather conditions have delayed delivery. / Your delivery has been rescheduled for the next business day

And it was overnighted early on the 16th from one state away :argh:

All we got was like, an inch of snow and some ice. Do couriers completely shut down for the winter in the northeast or something?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Any idea when the next round of in stock will be for these? I'm kind of scared to trust a goon for a beef jerky sale. Just want a black one :(

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
A Nu3DS Xenoblade plate is getting released alongside the game in Japan.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Champeenship posted:

Oh yeah, there we go. Not getting the regular sized model is starting to hurt now. Oh well, at least I got my Monster Hunter bundle!

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Nintendo will bring out a bundle that includes the black regular new 3DS, that faceplate, and the game for $250.

:negative:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Champeenship posted:

Given the massive cult following behind the "Rainfall" games, I'd actually be quite surprised if we don't see a newXL Special Edition out in the US/PAL regions.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I still feel pretty sure there'll be a Xenoblade XL released in North America. It'd be weird to miss that opportunity with the first New-exclusive game.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Champeenship posted:

god DAMMIT

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Champeenship posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that's good.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

Champeenship posted:

gently caress this planet.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

how do i take pics in MH4? Or say anything.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Junkie Disease posted:

how do i take pics in MH4? Or say anything.

When you want a screenshot, hit the home button, then either go to Miiverse or go to Nintendo 3DS Image Share (in the Home menu), and upload the screenshot.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Canned Panda posted:

When you want a screenshot, hit the home button, then either go to Miiverse or go to Nintendo 3DS Image Share (in the Home menu), and upload the screenshot.

Sweet Jesus. Thank you.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Griffin McElroy brought it up today, but did Nintendo not see how god drat insane people went over Amiibo? What in the god drat world were they thinking not putting out a version of the new one where they can charge you fifteen loving dollars for a negative ten cents piece of plastic with Yoshis god drat face on it?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

greatn posted:

Griffin McElroy brought it up today, but did Nintendo not see how god drat insane people went over Amiibo? What in the god drat world were they thinking not putting out a version of the new one where they can charge you fifteen loving dollars for a negative ten cents piece of plastic with Yoshis god drat face on it?

Have you seen the amount of Skylanders and Disney Infinity toys that gets stuck on most shelves? A soft launch was a really smart idea in the face of that.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
Of all the features of the New 3DS the best one is faceplates

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I can change my plates? I'd like that as I prefer the matte on my old one more than the slick on the new. Just in terms of how it feels to hold.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Champeenship posted:

Nintendo this is what I want. Why can't I have this nintendo

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

greatn posted:

They have a ton of sales data that shows the US market was overwhelmingly uninterested in the OG 3DS when faced with both the XL and the 2DS and they didn't think they could get away with introducing two new iterations, so they settled for the one that seemed best suited to the market.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Waltzing Along posted:

I can change my plates? I'd like that as I prefer the matte on my old one more than the slick on the new. Just in terms of how it feels to hold.

Not on the XL. Only the regular new3DS has interchangeable Faceplates.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Not on the XL. Only the regular new3DS has interchangeable Faceplates.

Darn. Maybe I could just put a few strips of tape on there or something a little more grippy.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Why the gently caress would they not make xl faceplates? It makes no sense.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Bombadilillo posted:

Whenever they offer both a small and a large iteration the large one sells way better, so they added the faceplates to the small one as a point of differentiation.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Bombadilillo posted:

Because otherwise there is no reason to buy the small one

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Canned Panda posted:

This seems to not take a screen shot at all when I hit home then select twitter. It just looks at what photos I already have.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Wait, that Kirby Rainbow Curse game isn't coming out for 3DS? Dammit Nintendo.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"

Saoshyant posted:

Also, Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker has a date for NA: May 5th.
Ugh, I was really hoping it'd be sooner. Early 2015 my rear end :argh:

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Bombadilillo posted:

To do that, they would either have to sell two sizes of faceplates in regions where both models are available, or they'd have to create a different XL design just for the US.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Faceplates will be available on the New 3DSi XL

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
It'll be called the New 3DSu and it'll link up with the Wii U directly.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Because otherwise there is no reason to buy the small one

so why make the small one?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

DoctorWhat posted:

so why make the small one?

Everywhere else but 'merica don't like fat things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Policenaut posted:

Oh yeah, there we go. Not getting the regular sized model is starting to hurt now. Oh well, at least I got my Monster Hunter bundle!

That's a really cool faceplate, and I love me some Xenoblade, but in all honesty... I couldn't go back to a smaller 3DS after using an XL for so long.

I just couldn't. The XL is just so drat nice... Here's hoping they make a Xenoblade special edition XL!