Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

HAHAHA oh my god this is so pathetic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZrgTBEfS4Y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

sold

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This actually owns.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I still don't get why it's called Grimm Avengers. Is it something like there be some sort of way Disney could go after them because that title would indicate that this is like the Avengers but Grimm, so they ordered it in the other more nonsensical way so that claim can't quite be made?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

axleblaze posted:

I still don't get why it's called Grimm Avengers. Is it something like there be some sort of way Disney could go after them because that title would indicate that this is like the Avengers but Grimm, so they ordered it in the other more nonsensical way so that claim can't quite be made?

I think it's so the movie shows up near the top in alphabetical lists. Full Moon used to do that poo poo and I'm pretty sure it's the reason the two Marvel shows out right now are both named Agent [something].

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Baron von Eevl posted:

I think it's so the movie shows up near the top in alphabetical lists. Full Moon used to do that poo poo and I'm pretty sure it's the reason the two Marvel shows out right now are both named Agent [something].

I'm not sure how true that is in the case of the Marvel shows. Both of them have 'Marvel's...' as part of the official title. My media centre grabs info off the TVDB and both shows come under M.

But in the case of Full Moon and companies like that it's often the case. They want their knockoff to appear first.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

An alarming number of people would actually fall for The Asylum releases when I worked in a video store. I remember War of the Worlds (since they could use the actual title) being particularly trap worthy, and Snakes on A Plane.

Snakes on a Train being their version.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

If there is anything I learned from when I worked in retail it's that a lot of people have basically no reading comprehension. So the Asylum's gimmick working doesn't surprise me at all.

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?

axleblaze posted:

Brothers Grimm to Avengers Grimm? Makes sense to me. Still sounds stupid, but it makes sense. Also probably a bit of all those other things people said.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Confusion is a very undesirable thing when selling movies. That's why DVDs manufactured for the Netherlands + Belgium have both the original and French title on the cover (although in a smaller font).

I am totally not confused by the French titles, working as intended!

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Feb 18, 2015

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Between the darkened skin, the baseball cap and the bandanna around the neck for a split second I thought Attack The Block was getting a weird, sexy sequel.

Wanna buy this and frame it on my wall.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Each character seems to have a somewhat appropriate gimmick (Rapunzel using her hair like a whip, bwahaha), and then Cinderella is just kind of Black Widow in Hawkeye's outfit. She could smash glass slippers in her enemies' eyes.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

InequalityGodzilla posted:

Wanna buy this and frame it on my wall.

The designers have a store here, but it looks like they're sold out. Might be worth an email to see if they're planning on restocking.

They have a few other interesting designs:

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

morestuff posted:

The designers have a store here, but it looks like they're sold out. Might be worth an email to see if they're planning on restocking.

Kind of digging that The Warriors/Streets Of Fire poster. But ten I did just rewatch The Warriors a few days ago so I've probably just got it on the brain.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I still think it's really funny every time someone doesn't get that Avengers Grimm is a Brothers Grimm joke.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

I don't really see what's pathetic about it? It actually makes sense on several different financial points, piggybacking off the current trends of superhero team films, "adult" princess films, and female action protagonists, and it appears to actually be an original effort on their part (unless it turns out that it's actually a stealth Charlie's Angels ripoff, which would be pretty amazing).

If it were being made by anyone other than the Asylum goons would be pretty hype for it.

[Fake edit: Hah, it's actually basically the plot hook from Enchanted.: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4296026/]

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

What's wrong with his head?

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Interesting that the heroes are all women because that's something that Marvel will never, ever do.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

lelandjs posted:

I don't really see what's pathetic about it? It actually makes sense on several different financial points, piggybacking off the current trends of superhero team films, "adult" princess films, and female action protagonists, and it appears to actually be an original effort on their part (unless it turns out that it's actually a stealth Charlie's Angels ripoff, which would be pretty amazing).

If it were being made by anyone other than the Asylum goons would be pretty hype for it.

[Fake edit: Hah, it's actually basically the plot hook from Enchanted.: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4296026/]

It looks fun to me. Asylum has done some fun stupid movies, and I don't mean the "ironic" deliberately lovely Sharknado movies. Usually they're poo poo, of course, but not always!

On the other hand, the last ALL WOMAN action flick they did was Mercenaries...

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Noxville posted:

Interesting that the heroes are all women because that's something that Marvel will never, ever do.

Probably because The Avengers aren't all women?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Yeah if Marvel were to deviate from the comic books they would get shocked with a cattle prod I guess ?? Their hands are tied.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I'm not sure of what the problem is.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:
Lou Ferrigno is the Hulk's grunting-and-breaking-things voice in the upcoming real Avengers movie, so it's extra-hilarious that he's also in this Avengers knock-off movie. He plays "Iron John".

I was going to say that it's also nice to see guys like Casper Van Dien getting work, but holy poo poo the guy is in 10 films this year including Sharktopus vs. Mermantula.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Meatwave posted:

Lou Ferrigno is the Hulk's grunting-and-breaking-things voice in the upcoming real Avengers movie, so it's extra-hilarious that he's also in this Avengers knock-off movie. He plays "Iron John".

I was going to say that it's also nice to see guys like Casper Van Dien getting work, but holy poo poo the guy is in 10 films this year including Sharktopus vs. Mermantula.

Casper Van Dien married a princess, Catherine Oxenberg, so he's doing okay.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

morestuff posted:

I like that godzilla concept, but it looks like he's got little stubby arms/hands in the details of the graph.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

CelticPredator posted:

Probably because The Avengers aren't all women?

They did just announce an all-woman Avengers comic.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Well, there you go I guess.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Meatwave posted:

I'm pretty sure Eric Roberts holds the title of most movies in some level of production for 2015.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000616/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Swabbleflange
Apr 18, 2008

And 13 and 14...

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Harlock posted:

I'm pretty sure Eric Roberts holds the title of most movies in some level of production for 2015.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000616/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

I thought you were kidding around but then I kept scrolling and.... :aaaaa:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I think it was on the podcast Radiodrome where the lead guy described Eric Roberts being on set for some lovely film for a day. Evidently the dude is totally willing to drop in for a day to do some bit part for pretty much anything, and is never arrogant or elitist about it.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

CelticPredator posted:

Well, there you go I guess.

They've also had an all female X-Men comic going for over a year now, and despite lovely sales have kept on truckin' with the new female Captain Marvel. Not to mention Thor is now a woman. They might not be doing this level of thing with their movies (yet), but it's not like they're some regressive boys club either. Their new show stars a woman, the new Captain Marvel is going to be their first female led movie, etc. Compared to DC, both comics and film, they're basically radical feminists burning bras in the town square.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

MisterBibs posted:

I think it was on the podcast Radiodrome where the lead guy described Eric Roberts being on set for some lovely film for a day. Evidently the dude is totally willing to drop in for a day to do some bit part for pretty much anything, and is never arrogant or elitist about it.

He can't afford to be elitist, he's Eric Roberts.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

TheJoker138 posted:

They've also had an all female X-Men comic going for over a year now, and despite lovely sales have kept on truckin' with the new female Captain Marvel. Not to mention Thor is now a woman. They might not be doing this level of thing with their movies (yet), but it's not like they're some regressive boys club either. Their new show stars a woman, the new Captain Marvel is going to be their first female led movie, etc. Compared to DC, both comics and film, they're basically radical feminists burning bras in the town square.

Bingo. Feel free to knock Marvel for not having many lady heroes in the cinema sphere yet, but when you pull back and look at the big picture they're clearly laying down a lot of seeds in the comics and they're at least trying. Meanwhile DC's only breakout lady character of the last 30 years has been Harley Quinn, which is just plain depressing when you think about it on multiple levels, and they've actively gone out of their way to marginalize any non-Silver Age characters despite several giant universe reboots both hard and soft.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

DrVenkman posted:

I'm not sure how true that is in the case of the Marvel shows. Both of them have 'Marvel's...' as part of the official title. My media centre grabs info off the TVDB and both shows come under M.

But in the case of Full Moon and companies like that it's often the case. They want their knockoff to appear first.

I'm just saying, on the OnDemand listings they're definitely back-to-back under A, at least with Comcast.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

mind the walrus posted:

Bingo. Feel free to knock Marvel for not having many lady heroes in the cinema sphere yet, but when you pull back and look at the big picture they're clearly laying down a lot of seeds in the comics and they're at least trying. Meanwhile DC's only breakout lady character of the last 30 years has been Harley Quinn, which is just plain depressing when you think about it on multiple levels, and they've actively gone out of their way to marginalize any non-Silver Age characters despite several giant universe reboots both hard and soft.

Not to mention that DC took Harley Quinn, who used to dress like this:

And made it so she now dresses like this:

Along with what they did to Starfire, the New 52 should have been called the New 52DDs.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

TheJoker138 posted:

Not to mention that DC took Harley Quinn, who used to dress like this:

And made it so she now dresses like this:

Along with what they did to Starfire, the New 52 should have been called the New 52DDs.

I can see why the comic relief clown lady would need a giant knife and some guns, yeah

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

corn in the bible posted:

I can see why the comic relief clown lady would need a giant knife and some guns, yeah

They also made her into a child murderer! And not just one child either, but a MASS child murderer!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

TheJoker138 posted:

They also made her into a child murderer! And not just one child either, but a MASS child murderer!

Oh Harley Quinn you're so wacky