Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!
I wonder if people having issues with the super stable 3D and glasses have fancy coatings on their lenses that's loving up the infrared LED that's illuminating your ugly face for the New 3DS to see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHouseofM
Feb 13, 2012
Slightly off topic but for the Club Nintendo rewards if I pick a Wii reward can I play it on my Wii U correct? I have Majora's Mask for 3DS and was thinking of picking it up as one of my rewards.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

TheHouseofM posted:

Slightly off topic but for the Club Nintendo rewards if I pick a Wii reward can I play it on my Wii U correct? I have Majora's Mask for 3DS and was thinking of picking it up as one of my rewards.

Yes but only through the Wii channel, which means you'll need a Wii remote and classic controller to play it.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

io_burn posted:

I wonder if people having issues with the super stable 3D and glasses have fancy coatings on their lenses that's loving up the infrared LED that's illuminating your ugly face for the New 3DS to see it.

It seems any glasses are affected

I got LASIK last year however for some reason I still have all my glasses :iiam:

These are all varying levels of glasses, polarized 3d, not polarized sunglasses, coated/uncoated lenses and all of them have issues where the 3d is lost as the head is rotated however screwing around I did notice ambient light plays a huge role in it working. With my window open using these glasses 3d was flickering like crazy probably due to light reflection from the window in the glasses. Once I closed that it got much more stable as there was less IR interfering with the mechanism. This is probably also why it works great for people at a demo unit and come home to find it flickering.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I have glasses and zero issues

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

12 more Curtain Call songs :shepspends:

Seiken Densetsu 3 - Swivel (BMS)
Nier - Kainé / Salvation (FMS)
Legend of Mana - Echoes of the Spiral (FMS)
Chrono Trigger - Frog's Theme (BMS)
SaGa Frontier 2 - Misgestalt (BMS)
Final Fantasy IX - Vamo' alla flamenco (BMS)
Nier - Song of the Ancients/Devola (FMS)
Live A Live - Megalomania (BMS)
Romancing SaGa 2 - The Ultimate Confrontation (BMS)
Romancing SaGa - The Conflict (BMS)
Final Fantasy XIV - Nemesis (BMS)
Final Fantasy V - The Dawn Warriors (BMS)

And Kirby's Adventure Wii on the Wii U eShop, this is a bad day for my wallet.

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

So I was doing a system transfer to my new 3ds xl and got confused during the steps and put my new 3ds into a glass of water. Easy steps my rear end.

Stay salty, faggots

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Buying all Nier songs that are ever released.

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

KennyMan666 posted:

12 more Curtain Call songs :shepspends:

Seiken Densetsu 3 - Swivel (BMS)
Nier - Kainé / Salvation (FMS)
Legend of Mana - Echoes of the Spiral (FMS)
Chrono Trigger - Frog's Theme (BMS)
SaGa Frontier 2 - Misgestalt (BMS)
Final Fantasy IX - Vamo' alla flamenco (BMS)
Nier - Song of the Ancients/Devola (FMS)
Live A Live - Megalomania (BMS)
Romancing SaGa 2 - The Ultimate Confrontation (BMS)
Romancing SaGa - The Conflict (BMS)
Final Fantasy XIV - Nemesis (BMS)
Final Fantasy V - The Dawn Warriors (BMS)

God dammit, I want some more classic XI.

Legend of Mana and Chrono Trigger songs are instant buys for me, in any case. :retrogames:

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

Bread Set Jettison posted:

I have glasses and zero issues

Same, wonder if it's something way crazier that's going on like this- http://gizmodo.com/5431190/hp-face-tracking-webcams-dont-recognize-black-people

...As the glasses Flyboi posted all look pretty normal. Strange.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

KennyMan666 posted:

I've been hovering over the purchase button on Kirby's Adventure 3D for a while. Maybe next paycheck..

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Face plates: Too cool for the US.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Strange Quark posted:

I hate that I like it much more than Trozei.

I'm glad I'm not the only one, this is all I've been thinking about... If I could do it over I would have not bought Trozei and put money into Shuffle.

Just captured Mew a little while ago!

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

I have created this to depict my relation to Curtain Call

timg'd for grey mutant penis

Detective No. 27 posted:

I've been hovering over the purchase button on Kirby's Adventure 3D for a while. Maybe next paycheck..
Kirby's Adventure 3D is pretty drat excellent. Of all the 3D Classics, it's by far the best game - the original NES game holds up even today. The 3D is great. I figured it would be my only 3D Classic, then I ended up getting Kid Icarus too, but yeah, Kirby's Adventure is fantastic. Get it.

KennyMan666 fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Feb 19, 2015

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
My guess is that anti-reflective coating may be partially to blame in some cases

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

come post with us, forever and ever and ever

KennyMan666 posted:

I have created this to depict my relation to Curtain Call

timg'd for grey mutant penis

99c per song god drat

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Rexroom posted:

Face plates: Too cool for the US.

Why does Nintendo always use such weird language for things like this. It's never clean cut and understandable.

io_burn posted:

Same, wonder if it's something way crazier that's going on like this- http://gizmodo.com/5431190/hp-face-tracking-webcams-dont-recognize-black-people

...As the glasses Flyboi posted all look pretty normal. Strange.

I wear normal glasses and have light brown skin, so what is life

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
When I was setting up my N3DS I was also getting the error when it was trying to setup 3D and I don't wear glasses. I just skipped it and the 3D tracking still works perfectly.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

glassyalabolas posted:

Use the bathroom after a hot shower.

This suggestion is presuming a lot.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

noirstronaut posted:

I wear normal glasses and have light brown skin, so what is life

Does your N3DSXL acknowledge you as a person?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Wireless transfer just does everything with no mucking about right? Just takes a long time.

How long is 'long time'. I can setup at lunch then go back to work for some hours.

I don't have a micros adapter is the annoying bit.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Someone said about an hour per gig. Probably depends on connection. Do the computer transfer if at all possible. It's infinitely faster.

Boy am I glad I didn't play the entirety of Kirby Triple Deluxe on my 2DS. It's absolutely gorgeous on the New 3DS XL. I think I can wait a few more days for Kirby's Adventure 3D. I have a feeling they might put it on sale in the next few days.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Bombadilillo posted:

Wireless transfer just does everything with no mucking about right? Just takes a long time.

How long is 'long time'. I can setup at lunch then go back to work for some hours.

Depends. It took 15 minutes for me. But I had nothing on my old DS.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Bombadilillo posted:

I think I had about 4 gigs to transfer and it took about 2-2.5 hours. I would highly suggest you delete demos and games you can easily re download and won't mind losing the save files.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Detective No. 27 posted:

Someone said about an hour per gig. Probably depends on connection. Do the computer transfer if at all possible. It's infinitely faster.

Boy am I glad I didn't play the entirety of Kirby Triple Deluxe on my 2DS. It's absolutely gorgeous on the New 3DS XL. I think I can wait a few more days for Kirby's Adventure 3D. I have a feeling they might put it on sale in the next few days.

drat that's slow. You can wireless load the data from pc to the n3ds correct?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Hey guys, tomorrow is the week anniversary of me and my MMN3DSXL being together. How should we celebrate

Also, system transferring, including MicroSD content, takes forever and six days. It does give you the option to use a computer though, and if you can do that, do that.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

noirstronaut posted:

Hey guys, tomorrow is the week anniversary of me and my MMN3DSXL being together. How should we celebrate

latex gloves are involved

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

noirstronaut posted:

latex gloves and some slim jim

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

Bombadilillo posted:

drat that's slow. You can wireless load the data from pc to the n3ds correct?

No, not for a system transfer.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
Turns out the repair center is <5 miles from here. I drive by it twice a week. Ahhhhh

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Bombadilillo posted:

it's fast if you are only transferring ID and saves; if you send the actual downloaded games it's slooooow

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Bombadilillo posted:

It will be a million times faster to do the minimal computer-less transfer option (where it transfers your save games and licenses, but not the actual downloaded games) and then redownload them from the eshop on your new 3DS once you're done. I did this and it kept all my old saves and stuff no problem -- just remember what games you've bought because as far as I could see there's no easily accessible list of purchased titles on the eshop, you have to go redownload them one by one

edit: even just transferring licenses and saves took about an hour for me, I can't imagine transferring 12~ gigs of games over. And you better have an extra charger because no way are both systems staying charged that long

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

noirstronaut posted:

noirstronaut posted:

Suck a dick you dumb human being.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Great news, when I found where I had stored my microSD adapter, I found 3! At least Im consistent.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That guy offering 5 was retarded I live in the 94550 zip though and was winding what a good price for that would be? I'm thinking 50?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

katkillad2 posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one, this is all I've been thinking about... If I could do it over I would have not bought Trozei and put money into Shuffle.

Just captured Mew a little while ago!

That's nothing to be ashamed of, Trozei is a boring garbage game.
Of course, I'm not going to be putting any money into Candy Crush Pokemon though.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

FYI, 3 Target stores near me restocked this morning. Got a black, they had 3 red and 3 black.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

KennyMan666 posted:

Kirby's Adventure 3D is pretty drat excellent. Of all the 3D Classics, it's by far the best game - the original NES game holds up even today. The 3D is great. I figured it would be my only 3D Classic, then I ended up getting Kid Icarus too, but yeah, Kirby's Adventure is fantastic. Get it.

There's a 3D Classics of Kirby's Adventure? Man, now I have to spend money. :(

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

raditts posted:

There's a 3D Classics of Kirby's Adventure? Man, now I have to spend money. :(

I think I got it from Club Nintendo for some coins or some poo poo. Got Triple Deluxe yesterday and switching between their icons and hearing the same music in the different styles amused me a bit too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Nintendo confirmed that the N3DS shortages in the United States are due to the West Coast port strikes (which are also affecting shipments of amiibo). Software is unaffected as it can be flown to the US more easily than hardware.