Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Well, in all seriousness, perhaps not the bridge, but a DROPS truck would likely work well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Dog: anti road-rage device.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Picturing this but with an MJ carrying the world's smallest Cat from that video in the Alternative Insanity thread. You'd be unstoppable.

That is basically what I got mine for, but then it turned into a project.

Also, I fully intend to put the Economy Jim Dandy tractor in the back of the MJ in the back of the 5 ton. It's like automotive turducken.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

So this is a hell of a thing... :fap:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

I'm not sure what i'm seeing there, but I like it :sbahj:

Extreme aero stuff ala World Time Attack cars is fan-loving-tastic.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
MY LOINS

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

"Yep, we're gonna spend hours handcrafting this hood so it's perfectly smooth for perfect aero. But that front grille and headlights? Don't you loving dare touch those, they have to stay."

The best kind of car.

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011
I saw the beginnings of that car, there's a lot of documentation and I hadn't made it through all of it yet. Incredible work.

For those that don't know: MGB GT, prepared for FIA GT3 racing. Unf

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Neptr posted:

I saw the beginnings of that car, there's a lot of documentation and I hadn't made it through all of it yet. Incredible work.

For those that don't know: MGB GT, prepared for FIA GT3 racing. Unf

Got a link perhaps?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Twin turbo 26B (4 rotor)

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Feb 19, 2015

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

When it comes to the law, just how much of a 'car' do you actually legally require to drive it on the road?

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Also did someone say time attack cars?

(it's actually a drift car but DOWNFORCE)

Zeether fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Feb 19, 2015

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Time attack is the best thing. They look like full size toys.

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011

88h88 posted:

Got a link perhaps?

http://www.speedhunters.com/2014/09/im-sorry-youre-going-mgb/

And then there's a link to their facebook page for the day to day stuff.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Some of my favorite time attack cars:

And two that were a major pain in my rear end:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Zeether posted:

(it's actually a drift car but DOWNFORCE)

Ah, looks like they found the test mule for the new Chevy Indycar!

(New one on top, 2012-2014 Indycar on the bottom.)

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Neptr posted:

http://www.speedhunters.com/2014/09/im-sorry-youre-going-mgb/

And then there's a link to their facebook page for the day to day stuff.

Awesome, thankyouverrrrrrrymuch.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

IOwnCalculus posted:

Ah, looks like they found the test mule for the new Chevy Indycar!

(New one on top, 2012-2014 Indycar on the bottom.)

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

jamal posted:

Some of my favorite time attack cars:

And two that were a major pain in my rear end:

You work on these right? How crazy can you go with the cars? Is the "unlimited" class anything goes?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

The rear aero on this one is especially insane, it's probably my favorite bit about his S15:

The MCA S13 is also pretty fuckin' rad:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Lairy aero is best aero. Time attack is just cars you'd draw as a kid so how can they be anything other than awesome?

Also this is pretty ballsy a move.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire

Human Grand Prix posted:

You work on these right? How crazy can you go with the cars? Is the "unlimited" class anything goes?

Yeah, I had a lot to do with those last two I posted. Funny thing is that they were competing cars and I was working on them both at the same time. Out at robi's on the weekend and at Harman/AQ a few days during the week. Then I ended up at AQ full time and didn't want to drive out to robi's every weekend and then the owner of the car went to jail so that program went away. We ended up going pretty fast with the Subaru. I even got in a magazine when we won the modified tuner shootout:

(I'm in the middle, and also the guy driving on the cover)

Crazy and unlimited is really a budget thing, and paying the suspension and aero guys to design one-off poo poo, so there are very few cars really pushing the limits of the rules and what is possible. Nemo and Under's S15 are really the only two cars in the world that are close to as far as you can go with aerodynamics. Nemo is probably still the fastest TA car in the world, but they did not run last year and had issues the year before. PMQ has done some really nice stuff as well. They are the next class down at WTAC but managed to go 3rd overall, and probably had some time left in it. Even though tilton won and went faster again I wasn't impressed. Car was falling apart and scraping on the ground, which is due to them still using pretty much stock suspension geometry which is not suited to the huge amount of downforce. That's the same problem with the FXMD nsx, plus the syncro'd stock transmission is leaving a lot on the table.

jamal fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Feb 20, 2015

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

This is probably the greatest thing I've ever seen in all my life.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
I remember seeing one of those when I was like 14 or 15 and (1994, 1995) thinking I totally wanted one when I could actually drive a car.

I promptly forgot about it until now, good nostalgia.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Raluek posted:

"real" as in a real CSX chassis road car, or an actual race car from the 60s?

60s csx chassis road car.

Awesometime
Jan 18, 2009

BlackMK4 posted:

Twin turbo 26B (4 rotor)

Can't wait to see the finished product... :dance:

http://www.redbull.com/nz/en/motorsports/stories/1331706095479/the-making-of-radbul-episode-5

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Anybody need a track car? holdbrooks. I'm not trying to push anybody into something crazy. holdbrooks. I'm just saying this is for sale in california, so if someone in or near california has some money sitting around and likes fast things, they should look into it holdbrooks.

https://ww2.copart.com/us/Lot/14525315?searchId=14847211

It would probably look good in orange, being towed behind a big orange truck.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA

Powershift posted:

Anybody need a track car? holdbrooks. I'm not trying to push anybody into something crazy. holdbrooks. I'm just saying this is for sale in california, so if someone in or near california has some money sitting around and likes fast things, they should look into it holdbrooks.

https://ww2.copart.com/us/Lot/14525315?searchId=14847211

It would probably look good in orange, being towed behind a big orange truck.

Too bad it's a targa and I just paid off the fiat with all my extra cash. I will keep an eye on it however since I will be getting a huge rear end check on the 4th with the addition of all my 125 hours of PTO cash out.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

There are companies that make carbon fiber fixes for that

That wing looks your style too.

The auction ends on the 5th, you can live on ramen for a month.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
My favorite time attack car is the Garage Revolution RX7.

http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticles/ID/2311/Garage-Revolutions-Time-Attack-FD3S-RX-7-Part-1.aspx

Wonder what happened to it

I like rx7s.

Thelonious
Jul 16, 2005

I'd like to imagine that this is somehow synced up with throttle input.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Those things were everywhere at a certain point of my childhood, I want to say a good 22 years back at least. I went to Blackpool for a day on a coach trip (Blackpool is like a super low rent Vegas, really cheap, tacky and full of terrible people) and bought one similar. It was a guy in a dirty beige mac and when you squeezed the air bulb he opened his coat and flashed his weirdly shaped plastic cock at passing cars.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

With even more weight in the back I'm slightly amazed that it was a front impact. This thing has got to be scary at the limit.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
What the gently caress @ that cage :psyduck:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Thelonious posted:

I'd like to imagine that this is somehow synced up with throttle input.

IIRC, it was hooked to throttle. Definitely the best part of that documentary...other than Audi just absolutely loving everyone's poo poo up.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

T1g4h posted:

Speaking of Jay Leno's Garage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmfdNrolRDg

:sbahj:

Baja vehicles are fantastic, modelling one after an Olds Cutlass is even better.

It's also a '69, by the front and rear bumpers (with a '70 W-25 OAI hood). :spergin:
But yes, that car in incredibly awesome. There were '70 and '71-2 versions as well, though.
Notice the shortened wheelbase (2/3-scale body)? Also, front-mid-engine. And I love the giant turf tires in some of the old pictures.

I actually prefer Garner's Grabber Olds:
http://bringatrailer.com/2012/03/04/james-garner-baja-rig-1970-oldsmobile-442/
It's a bit closer to the street car.

Deeters posted:

I have good news:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_u1yuZK0ww

Skip to about 3:05

Ah, so they're *professional* idiots

88h88 posted:

I've just finished watching the latest episode of regular car reviews (and it's great) and in the background about 13 and a half minutes in I spot what I think is one of these...

...and the entire page where I found this picture is FULL of amazing pieces of art of 50s-70s Pontiac cars. http://www.carstyling.ru/en/entry/Art_Fitzpatrick_and_Van_Kaufman_Jet_Age_Glamour/images/4069/

I don't think I've ever seen a Bonny wagon. I've always loved those 10-bolt wheels. For those that don't know, that finned bit in the middle of the wheel? that's the brake drum. The wheel is king of like a early vee-dub or wide-5, but ten lugs, really close to the rim.

kastein posted:

That is basically what I got mine for, but then it turned into a project.

Also, I fully intend to put the Economy Jim Dandy tractor in the back of the MJ in the back of the 5 ton. It's like automotive turducken.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smj6BceU0u0

88h88 posted:

So this is a hell of a thing... :fap:

They fitted Lotus twin-cam heads to a Rover V8, in case anyone missed that.
Let me say that again: they fitted Lotus twin-cam heads to a Rover V8!

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Darchangel posted:

They fitted Lotus twin-cam heads to a Rover V8, in case anyone missed that.
Let me say that again: they fitted Lotus twin-cam heads to a Rover V8!

"only the bore spacing was vaguely similar"

This is lunacy on par with project binky. :awesome:

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
Before anyone else goes to go check, no, there's no new Project Binky videos (since December 24).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

IOwnCalculus posted:

With even more weight in the back I'm slightly amazed that it was a front impact. This thing has got to be scary at the limit.

Scary AWESOME. I'm guessing he floored it going into a corner, and the car did a rolling wheelie and plowed strait off the road.