Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

PCOS Bill posted:

gently caress you gently caress you gently caress you gently caress you what the gently caress gently caress you you gently caress.

So I'm getting on the highway this morning after stopping at Home Depot. The on-ramp is decently long and two lanes, bottom of the ramp is at a four way intersection with a red light that I turned right at, I can get up to about 75 in my little hatchback before we hit the highway without trying. I'm half-way up it at about 60-65 and still accelerating when a Brodozer comes up behind me, passes me on the right, then cuts me off with about 2' to spare and stands on his brakes.

I get on the highway, move to the far left lane, he comes flying up around me again and does it again. I slow, move to the right lane, HE MOVES OVER AGAIN AND STANDS ON HIS BRAKES AGAIN. Just loving repeats it every time I move out from behind him (Because gently caress if I'm sitting behind him) and then after about eight times decides he's going to go do it to someone else in a sedan instead so I took the opportunity to get around a semi, one of like three vehicles around us, and disappear.... well... move up to the next cluster of traffic at any rate. My exit was coming up in a half mile at this point. I've never seen this pickup before, he was coming from the opposite direction and just happened to get a left turn arrow a few seconds after I was up the on-ramp so there was nothing I could have done to make him rage other than "being there."

What a morning to forget to plug my dash cam in and leave my cell phone at home on my desk charging. Didn't even think to write his plate down, ugh.

Brutal. This happened to me once, except it was a young guy my age in a C-class. He then proceeded to throw a McDonalds bag at my car. He pulled up beside me at a light swearing at me and smiling like a lunatic, so I told him to gently caress off and that was that. Some people have bad days at work I guess? It's utterly baffling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I just had to ride with my boss for about a 50 minute round trip, during which he was on his phone about 20 minutes, used his turn signal zero times, and had his seatbelt buckled for none of it. I don't understand how that intermittent dinging doesn't annoy people. That's specifically what it's designed to do.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

a primate posted:

Some people have bad days at work I guess? It's utterly baffling.
It's nearly always utterly baffling. I'm no angel and I know I have stuffed up three or four times, and vice versa people have done me wrong but we all get on with our day and no big deal.
But some out there do the wrong thing themselves and take offence and road rage upon others. It's incredible that often the wrong doer is the biggest road rager. I guess we have larger vehicles to thank for that, people feel safer to be the arsehole they are inside.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
It's like John Gabriel's Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory, but SUVs.

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.

davebo posted:

I just had to ride with my boss for about a 50 minute round trip, during which he was on his phone about 20 minutes, used his turn signal zero times, and had his seatbelt buckled for none of it. I don't understand how that intermittent dinging doesn't annoy people. That's specifically what it's designed to do.

People can tune out the intermittent dinging. We don't seem to be too good at tuning out random patterns, which is why lots of new car alarms honk the horn wildly.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

EightBit posted:

People can tune out the intermittent dinging. We don't seem to be too good at tuning out random patterns, which is why lots of new car alarms honk the horn wildly.

When my Crown Vic's door sensor was broken, the constant dinging made my head hurt.

Deedle
Oct 17, 2011
before you ask, yes I did inform the DMV of my condition and medication, and I passed the medical and psychological evaluation when I got my license. I've passed them every time I have gone to renew my license.
Dear HGV driving fuckwit,

I understand that you would like to go 85 when the HGV in front of me is doing 83, but flashing high beams and honking at me isn't going to make that other HGV go faster.

I don't get why you think it's okay to drive your 40 tonne piece of poo poo Volvo less than 5 metres from my rear bumper.

It's perfectly okay for me to do 83 in the slow lane and keep 40 or 50 metres distance between me and the HGV in front of me.

Thankfully I did write down your license number and after a bit of searching for the name on your truck I found the contact information of your employer.
Your head of HR is a very nice man and I hope you enjoy explaining this incident on your performance review.

Sincerely,
The driver of the tiny blue car in front of you.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jan 4, 2020

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Extra posted:

Had a question for ye goons after observing this:

For reference the vehicle the video was taken from was traveling at ~35 MPH. The BMW was speeding but the Nissan driver changed lanes without signaling. If these two vehicles were to collide who would you find at fault?

The Nissan driver couldn't be arsed to move his finger half a inch. gently caress him.

bigman.50grand
Mar 31, 2007
no
They would both be at fault. Nissan for "failure to observe right of way" or however it's written, and bimmer for careless driving.

Who's more at fault would be determined by blood-sucking lawyers in a court of competent jurisdiction.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

ratbert90 posted:

The Nissan driver couldn't be arsed to move his finger half a inch. gently caress him.

Agreed. 99% Nissan's fault, BMW gets 1% for speeding.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Depends on the state. Some of them, the person who makes the collision (BMW in this case) is 100% always at fault.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

In Florida the BMW would be pretty much hosed because AFAIK, rear-ending someone else is always your fault.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
I love love LOVE when some fuckstick swerves into a lane without signaling only to have another car ALSO swerve into the same spot without signaling either. It's a great little bump of scoodenfrood to brighten my day.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Deedle posted:

I understand that you would like to go 85 when the HGV in front of me is doing 83, but flashing high beams and honking at me isn't going to make that other HGV go faster.

I don't get why you think it's okay to drive your 40 tonne piece of poo poo Volvo less than 5 metres from my rear bumper.

It's perfectly okay for me to do 83 in the slow lane and keep 40 or 50 metres distance between me and the HGV in front of me.

Thankfully I did write down your license number and after a bit of searching for the name on your truck I found the contact information of your employer.
Your head of HR is a very nice man and I hope you enjoy explaining this incident on your performance review.

Sincerely,

It's more than a bit puzzling how badly people drive when there are phone numbers and vehicle identification numbers all over their company vehicle. Makes you wonder how much attention employers really pay to those reports.

Long Francesco
Jun 3, 2005

davebo posted:

That's like the loveline callers that somehow tune out their smoke alarms beeping every 29 seconds for months from a low battery. Surprisingly they were always the dumbest callers.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

The Locator posted:

It's more than a bit puzzling how badly people drive when there are phone numbers and vehicle identification numbers all over their company vehicle. Makes you wonder how much attention employers really pay to those reports.

White van man is such an rear end in a top hat and he is always advertising his company's plumbing/hvac/locksmith service. I was cut off by a Brinks truck with a "how's my driving?" tag and I filled it out online, I have no idea if it will do anything but it at least felt satisfying to fill it out. What I find really stupid is seeing a beater with "Sally's Makeup Sales" with a website, e-mail address, and phone number on the back so I that I can skip the manager and directly contact Sally for cutting me off, I'm just not confrontational enough to do that.

SanitysEdge
Jul 28, 2005

Extra posted:

Had a question for ye goons after observing this:

For reference the vehicle the video was taken from was traveling at ~35 MPH. The BMW was speeding but the Nissan driver changed lanes without signaling. If these two vehicles were to collide who would you find at fault?

If there was a collision I would consider the BMW at fault. Its a right hand turn with the truck moving left. The truck driver likely had enough time to check all of his mirrors and look over his shoulder and complete the turn before he ever saw the BMW. The BMW was carrying way too much speed differential though that turn - drive to be seen and not pop up on someone in the last second.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Not only is this car parked in the middle of the lot where there isn't a spot, they're parked diagonally across the back of the only handicap spot in the parking lot, completely blocking access (you can see the handicap sign in the background).

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Crotch Fruit posted:

I was cut off by a Brinks truck with a "how's my driving?" tag and I filled it out online, I have no idea if it will do anything but it at least felt satisfying to fill it out.

I had a nondescript armored truck try to merge into me recently. He completely ignored me and merged into my lane from the on-ramp, nearly hitting me, even though the onramp lane continued for another 1/4 mile. I was able to swerve out of his way into the other lane, luckily there was nobody there. He then proceeded to cut off a minivan who was driving with their high beams on, and every time the minivan would try to pass him he would deliberately cut them off and brake. He was still doing this 10 miles later when I got off the highway, and the minivan still had his high beams on.

Sadly, he did not have a "how's my driving?" sticker.

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

The Locator posted:

A guy I worked with got the "demo" company van one day. The lettering idiots had put the phone number on the van wrong. So when we drove a bit agressively in traffic and someone yelled "I'm calling your boss!" my coworker yelled "do it. Call him right now and tell him he's an rear end in a top hat, I quit, and I'm stealing his van!"

Absolutely priceless look on the rager's face. My coworker took that specific van A LOT after that.

Also, anecdotal, but I rear-ended a car in California and was found not-at-fault by the police and both insurance agencies. The other guy had put his car in park in the middle of an offramp.

krnhotwings
May 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

I park with both wheels up all the time, but that looks less than intentional.

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy

Got a problem with how I park my rental?

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.
Some schadenfreude for you guys:

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

babyeatingpsychopath posted:

A guy I worked with got the "demo" company van one day. The lettering idiots had put the phone number on the van wrong. So when we drove a bit agressively in traffic and someone yelled "I'm calling your boss!" my coworker yelled "do it. Call him right now and tell him he's an rear end in a top hat, I quit, and I'm stealing his van!"

Absolutely priceless look on the rager's face. My coworker took that specific van A LOT after that.

Also, anecdotal, but I rear-ended a car in California and was found not-at-fault by the police and both insurance agencies. The other guy had put his car in park in the middle of an offramp.

Yes but was the easily googleable company name spelled correctly?

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

EightBit posted:

Some schadenfreude for you guys:

This is a thing of beauty.

Snapped this when I nipped to the local Tescos.

There is some consolation that people who do poo poo like this in council run car parks that have a fee will usually get a parking ticket for using two spaces when they only paid for one.

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!
Linking because it's a WebM -

Your daily reminder to not drive like an rear end
http://imgur.com/gallery/HuumtMR

Guy lane splits at high speeds between slow moving cars, eats it rather dramatically.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

Ludicro posted:

There is some consolation that people who do poo poo like this in council run car parks that have a fee will usually get a parking ticket for using two spaces when they only paid for one.

BMW drivers in the US also feature "alternative parking" on all models.

Murphys Law
Nov 1, 2005

Uthor posted:

I don't know, but I do giggle when traffic is flowing properly (slower traffic on the right) and the red car gets jammed up in the right lane and ends up back behind the blue car before passing on the left like they're supposed to.

Even more amusing is when I'm cruising along with the rest of the traffic in the left lane, and one of these idiots shows up changing lanes and darting past everybody only to hit the wall of slower traffic and slowly fall back, then find an opening and change lanes and dart ahead of everybody only to hit yet another wall and slowly fall back again. I always laugh at the guy who passes me 4 or 5 times only to end up 1 or 2 car lengths ahead of me, or even behind me when I finally reach my exit.

Deedle posted:

Sincerely,

Crotch Fruit posted:

White van man is such an rear end in a top hat and he is always advertising his company's plumbing/hvac/locksmith service. I was cut off by a Brinks truck with a "how's my driving?" tag and I filled it out online, I have no idea if it will do anything but it at least felt satisfying to fill it out. What I find really stupid is seeing a beater with "Sally's Makeup Sales" with a website, e-mail address, and phone number on the back so I that I can skip the manager and directly contact Sally for cutting me off, I'm just not confrontational enough to do that.

I actually called somebody's company to report their driving for the first time a few months ago. I'm in the left lane starting to pass some utility truck when he starts drifting over. No signal or anything, just started merging into me. I'm leaning on the horn as a brake and veer toward the shoulder and it doesn't phase him. A few miles later when he finally drifts back to the right, also without signalling, and I pass him, he's kind of leaning on his door with his hand up to the side of his head.

So when I got to the office I called the number on his truck and told them they needed to talk to their drivers about not driving distracted and explained what happened. Not 30 minutes later the guy I talked to called back, even though I'd left no number, to ask where exactly the incident took place. He was trying to narrow down which driver was the likely culprit.

I can't speak for Brinks, but at least some companies out there care about this sort of thing.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
My girlfriend's dad is a truck driver. According to her, they take calls about that very seriously. I think I've seen a truck driver post on AI so maybe they can weigh in on the issue.

0rganDonor
Jan 19, 2007

mariooncrack posted:

My girlfriend's dad is a truck driver. According to her, they take calls about that very seriously. I think I've seen a truck driver post on AI so maybe they can weigh in on the issue.

They do take this sort of thing very seriously, FMCSA tracks safety information for all U.S. carriers and Mexican and Canadian carriers that do business here. That information is available here: http://safer.fmcsa.dot.gov/CompanySnapshot.aspx You've just got to be very specific about the nature of the complaint as a lot of road ragers call in fraudulent claims (Going slow up hills is not a safety violation, accidentally swerving across the lanes due to pavement angle or wind, also not violations.) Hell, I call bad drivers in all the time and provide dash cam footage when I do.
Be sure to get the unit number, record the time of day, name of the road, direction and milemarker (Unit 33710, Northbound, I65 MM 54 Alabama, 1300) so that they know the exact where/when. Some companies, like the one I contract to can pull up speed and directional accelerometer information based off GPS and other truck mounted sensors, other companies are equipped with side-facing and forward facing radar systems and can be read back at safety as well.

If you're going to make complaints against drivers I cannot stress to be specific more, some companies like SWIFT have 17,989 drivers operating 21,026 power units so saying "Your driver did this" is a little too vague.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Bumming Your Scene posted:

Why the gently caress do people do this? I see this regularly.

It's always funny because I'm the blue car and the yellow car is going 10mph slower than I am. By the time they pass me the yellow car is blocking them. I dunno why they don't just go left :psyduck:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Best case is maybe they want to exit in the next mile or so but don't want to slow down yet?

They're still a dick because I'm not sure how they couldn't see green and yellow were clearly moving slower, but maybe they sort of had a theory going into it.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

CharlieWhiskey posted:

I think the worst thing about this photo is that some rear end in a top hat was too lazy to walk that shopping cart 10 feet over to the holder.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Ludicro posted:

There are times when I can understand why people do this. (Not that I would do it myself).

I took my new car out shopping at the weekend. I didn't want to get a door ding, so I parked it aaaallll the way back in the car park. No cars in my row, or the ones before or after it. Longer walk to the shops, but I was happy to do that.

I was only in the shop for 20mins, came back and there were two cars in the spaces either side of. All the other spaces were still empty.

It's like they were scared to leave their cars on their own, in case they got lonely or something.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

spog posted:

It's like they were scared to leave their cars on their own, in case they got lonely or something.

I think it's because they know you're more likely to be careful when opening your doors if you already went to the trouble of parking far away.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

CharlieWhiskey posted:

I watched a guy in a truck park like that once. He pulled in the wrong way in an aisle of slanted spaces and parked over three spots. Makes sense: it's hard to park between the lines if you approach them from the wrong direction. Then he backed up, straightened out, and parked over four spots on the second attempt.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Uthor posted:

I watched a guy in a truck park like that once. He pulled in the wrong way in an aisle of slanted spaces and parked over three spots. Makes sense: it's hard to park between the lines if you approach them from the wrong direction. Then he backed up, straightened out, and parked over four spots on the second attempt.

brozoder.exe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Speaking of brodozers, I got irrationally angry at this truck I saw pull into a handicap spot at Target. Lifted, huge tires, stacks, smoked lights. Guy steps out and walks completely fine into the store. The gently caress do you need a handicap plate for if you can walk? Is your wiener that small that it's considered a disability?