Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

raditts posted:

There's a 3D Classics of Kirby's Adventure? Man, now I have to spend money. :(

Wait til Friday. Since Rainbow Curse is coming out on Wii U, something tells me they'll have a Kirby sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

katkillad2 posted:

When I was setting up my N3DS I was also getting the error when it was trying to setup 3D and I don't wear glasses. I just skipped it and the 3D tracking still works perfectly.

Same here, I was getting error during setup but have been playing since launch without a problem.

IRSmurf
Mar 27, 2010

majormonotone posted:

Nintendo confirmed that the N3DS shortages in the United States are due to the West Coast port strikes (which are also affecting shipments of amiibo). Software is unaffected as it can be flown to the US more easily than hardware.

Muh vidya! loving proles better get in line.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Brightman posted:

I think I got it from Club Nintendo for some coins or some poo poo. Got Triple Deluxe yesterday and switching between their icons and hearing the same music in the different styles amused me a bit too much.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Wait til Friday. Since Rainbow Curse is coming out on Wii U, something tells me they'll have a Kirby sale.

...gently caress. Although I guess that's not a sure thing, but still, lesson learned.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Look at all of those N3DS's stuck in traffic :(

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Those are all Amiibos. N3DSXLs have sold out entirely.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

noirstronaut posted:

Those are all Amiibos. N3DSXLs have sold out entirely.

n3DSes are held up by that strike too.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

ChaosArgate posted:

n3DSes are held up by that strike too.

ACTUALLY IT'S ALL AMIIBOS

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
I'm having fun finding people trying to scalp new 3ds' for $600 on craigslist and telling them I'll meet them somewhere to buy it and then I never show up

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
There's 4 black and 2 red at the local Toys R Us along with the $10 Majora game bundle discount. Where's the beef jerky dick sucking line?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

African AIDS cum posted:

I'm having fun finding people trying to scalp new 3ds' for $600 on craigslist and telling them I'll meet them somewhere to buy it and then I never show up

could you like stand on one leg and hop around so I know it's you

thnx buddy

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

This just arrived today lmao

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

majormonotone posted:

Nintendo confirmed that the N3DS shortages in the United States are due to the West Coast port strikes (which are also affecting shipments of amiibo). Software is unaffected as it can be flown to the US more easily than hardware.

Maybe someone with some experience in how freight shipping works can answer this, but the west coast of the United States is filled with ports. A drive up the PCH (and whatever it's called north of California) has you driving through tons of different towns which seem to exist solely because of the massive sea ports. If you have a boat filled with cargo, you're making money by shipping cargo not sitting around. Is there something logical that's preventing all these ships from being like "Well gently caress it, Seattle port is screwed over because of strikes, let's just go to whatever the next port north or south is."? Are these cargo unions that vast that the entirety of the western seaboard is hosed? I just don't get it. The fuel costs of diverting your load have to be less than the loss of sitting around for weeks waiting to unload and reload.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It's a lot of ports, not just Seattle.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
it's the righteous fury of organized labor bringing capitalist hegemony to its knees

workers of the world, unite

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

io_burn posted:

Maybe someone with some experience in how freight shipping works can answer this, but the west coast of the United States is filled with ports. A drive up the PCH (and whatever it's called north of California) has you driving through tons of different towns which seem to exist solely because of the massive sea ports. If you have a boat filled with cargo, you're making money by shipping cargo not sitting around. Is there something logical that's preventing all these ships from being like "Well gently caress it, Seattle port is screwed over because of strikes, let's just go to whatever the next port north or south is."? Are these cargo unions that vast that the entirety of the western seaboard is hosed? I just don't get it. The fuel costs of diverting your load have to be less than the loss of sitting around for weeks waiting to unload and reload.

Just about all the ports are backed up and there are lines of semis with cargo boxes that sit for hours waiting to unload their cargo but can't:

http://www.npr.org/2015/02/14/386199926/west-coast-port-closures-are-hitting-several-industries-hard

It's ALL ports across the west coast. Some companies (like Subaru) have a Plan B where they're flying their cargo to wherever they need but it's extremely expensive.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

My area has n3DS back in stock. Got the dark greyish/black version. :sun:

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Got my system transfer done at lunch. Took longer then expected, but went fine.

#followthefuckingvideo

Had just enough time to boot up MM and shoot some arrows to confirm that stable 3d and gyro aiming is the best thing loving ever.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Bombadilillo posted:

Had just enough time to boot up MM and shoot some arrows to confirm that stable 3d and gyro aiming is the best thing loving ever.

It's sooooo goooooood

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

gyro aiming + stable 3D feels like it's the future. if they actually COMBINED them to, say, alter the HUD perspective in real-time based on face-tracking... can you imagine???

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

It should be possible for games to change their camera angle on the fly based on head tracking and give you a diorama effect, IF games have access to that tracking data. Hopefully something comes along that does it.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

DoctorWhat posted:

gyro aiming + stable 3D feels like it's the future. if they actually COMBINED them to, say, alter the HUD perspective in real-time based on face-tracking... can you imagine???

Can they do this? I assume the face tracking is a higher lever hardware function that the games don't have access to. But maybe on the 4ds.

wintermuteCF
Dec 9, 2006

LIEK HAI2U!
I got bored at lunch today and figured I'd drive to the Toys R Us a few miles down the highway, and they had exactly one Nu3DS, and it was in black!

They don't have any Nu3DS's anymore.

Lots of stores are genuinely out of stock, but I'd say that most of what we see are the parent websites (target.com, gamestop.com, toysrus.com) reporting none in stock because it's actually very LOW stock, and want to keep people from getting their hopes up. But if you have no hopes and are just stopping in on a whim, you may be surprised.

Now to figure out how to break it to the wife that I just dropped $200 on a mobile gaming system that I probably don't need.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Supercar Gautier posted:

It should be possible for games to change their camera angle on the fly based on head tracking and give you a diorama effect, IF games have access to that tracking data. Hopefully something comes along that does it.

well, games have access to the inside camera and the gyro. all the IR light does is allow the inner camera to work in low-light conditions, it doesn't handle any special sensing, so there's no real reason why n3DS games couldn't implement face-tracking either via Nintendo's internal systems or via their own parallel interpretation.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Bombadilillo posted:

Can they do this? I assume the face tracking is a higher lever hardware function that the games don't have access to. But maybe on the 4ds.
There's an IPC interface for talking to the headtracking system, but who knows if anyone will ever use it.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

homeless snail posted:

There's an IPC interface for talking to the headtracking system, but who knows if anyone will ever use it.

how do you know this?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

DoctorWhat posted:

how do you know this?
Homebrew people picked apart the firmware for the New 3DS before it even came out http://3dbrew.org/wiki/QTM_Services

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

How hard is it for someone new to get into Monster Hunter?

Also how grind is it, I know you gather stuff to make potions and such.

I will play solo if that matters.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Most of the grinding for those sorts of consumables gets factored out by midgame (you can just buy most stuff) but it's still about constantly re-fighting bosses for drops.

play multiplayer tho, it owns

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Bombadilillo posted:

try the demo on the eshop

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Bombadilillo posted:

Its easy and MH4 has the best tutorial out of all of them. And if you want you can play MH never doing the same quest twice for dozens of hours, drop rates and armor recipes in the beginning are forgiving enough that you'll get all the parts you need just playing naturally, grinding is totally unnecessary until high rank.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

When I did my system transfer, I found out that I had filled 22.5/32 gb on my SD Card. Needless to say, it took a while to copy all of that to a computer then to the micro SD card.

I dunno how I have that much poo poo, but I do!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

SperginMcBadposter posted:

My area has n3DS back in stock. Got the dark greyish/black version. :sun:

Nooo you got the baaad oooone.

Although my red already has some paint scuffed off of it, on this inside on the hinge. Whatever they use to powder coat or w/e the inside isn't terribly wear resistant.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Yeah, the interior matte plastic isn't that robust; a bump with my fingernail put a lil baby dent in the side.

DoctorOfLawls
Mar 2, 2001

SA's Brazilian Diplomat
Has anyone tried using a 64gb SDXC card in their new Nintendo 3DS? If so, is there a specific brand/model that is guaranteed to work?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

homeless snail posted:

Its easy and MH4 has the best tutorial out of all of them. And if you want you can play MH never doing the same quest twice for dozens of hours, drop rates and armor recipes in the beginning are forgiving enough that you'll get all the parts you need just playing naturally, grinding is totally unnecessary until high rank.

Cool. Is it like ffx where you could beat the game and then do 200+ hours of grinding to fight the insane bonus bosses? Or just fight poo poo until you've had your fill. Is there plot?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

DoctorOfLawls posted:

Has anyone tried using a 64gb SDXC card in their new Nintendo 3DS? If so, is there a specific brand/model that is guaranteed to work?

you need to format it to fat32 and then anything should work

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Bombadilillo posted:

Cool. Is it like ffx where you could beat the game and then do 200+ hours of grinding to fight the insane bonus bosses? Or just fight poo poo until you've had your fill. Is there plot?

there is a sort of plot, which strings the single-player content together and gives you tutorials of various types. the multiplayer is plotless and just has you kill poo poo to get higher numbers

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

homeless snail posted:

And if you want you can play MH never doing the same quest twice for dozens of hours, drop rates and armor recipes in the beginning are forgiving enough that you'll get all the parts you need just playing naturally, grinding is totally unnecessary until high rank.
you can certainly play for dozens of hours without repeating a quest or monster but you probably won't be making much new gear in that time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

KennyMan666 posted:

Live A Live - Megalomania (BMS)

Holy poo poo what!! :woop: