Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

Rerolling for an infinite recharge setup didn't take that long actually. Just start a game with either fetuses or ipecac or pyromaniac and reroll each shop with your D6 for the sharp plug.

Once you hit the chest you're basically guaranteed to land on monster manual or pyromaniac/fetus/ipecac eventually. Keep rerolling for the wafer and it's a walk in the park to spam the manual enough for the achievements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
There are a few setups to more or less generate infinite health in other ways. I've done this with Mom's Purse, Bloody Penny, and Counterfeit Penny and a room with a greed head in it and it could probably also be done with Life Savings and Bloody Penny with maybe Wafer or something. I've also done it with Bloody Penny, Pyromaniac (the 99 bomb item), and a nearly full donation machine.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Jibo posted:

There are a few setups to more or less generate infinite health in other ways. I've done this with Mom's Purse, Bloody Penny, and Counterfeit Penny and a room with a greed head in it and it could probably also be done with Life Savings and Bloody Penny with maybe Wafer or something. I've also done it with Bloody Penny, Pyromaniac (the 99 bomb item), and a nearly full donation machine.

I hate Counterfeit Penny because it always pops out of a golden poop when I need the money. Swallowed Penny works well with Sharp Plug, too.

I think the ultimate setup would be: Mom's Purse, Bloody Penny, Swallowed Penny, Sharp Plug, Habit, Fanny Pack, Life's Savings, Midas Touch, E. Coli, and Wafer. Good luck getting all those in one run though.

Waffle! fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Feb 18, 2015

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Taratang posted:

I thought you had to actually use the book of rev on that floor to guarantee a horseman? Looks like he found the boss before it was fully charged.

This is a myth, just an fyi, there is no way to guarantee you will get a horseman.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

CJacobs posted:

This is a myth, just an fyi, there is no way to guarantee you will get a horseman.

Uhh, except that's one of the main functions of the Book of Rev, is switching the boss out for a Harbinger. It only seems to not work 100% in the womb.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

It generally seems to not have a 100% chance of working in my experience, Womb or no Womb.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

YF-23 posted:

It generally seems to not have a 100% chance of working in my experience, Womb or no Womb.

http://bindingofisaacrebirth.gamepedia.com/Book_Of_Revelations

I've never seen it fail to work outside of the exceptions listed in the wiki.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
On the one hand, my "proof" is a mixture of personal experience and peoples' methods being akin to that kid on the playground whose uncle works at Nintendo. On the other, if it's documented, then maybe I have run into some very incredibly specific problems which is definitely not unique in Binding of Isaac.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

With the amount of poo poo in Isaac, I'm sure there are countless edge cases that come within a bit of breaking the game. So if an item fails to spawn a boss 1 in 100 times, then that's still better than a CTD

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Finally got some ridiculous Godhead stuff. Including Sacred Heart, Guppy, Chocolate Milk, Death's Touch, Rubber Cement, Parasite.

Seed: AF48 RNJB (played as Isaac)

omeg fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Feb 19, 2015

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

I lost a suicide king run in Cathedral to isaac . Had brimstone, transcendence and other goodies but I made too many devil deals and had only one heart. I died to that crack the sky attack that he does at low HP. One more laser and I would have won too aghhhhhh

Can't even blame the challenge this time, it was poor planning on my part.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

bucksmash posted:

I lost a suicide king run in Cathedral to isaac . Had brimstone, transcendence and other goodies but I made too many devil deals and had only one heart. I died to that crack the sky attack that he does at low HP. One more laser and I would have won too aghhhhhh

Can't even blame the challenge this time, it was poor planning on my part.

If you can get Magic Fingers with Suicide King it becomes pretty manageable.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
If you can't find a way to override the reflection tears, a key thing to keep in mind is that the hitbox on all of Isaac's tears are the shadows, which is really important to know when handling stuff like IPECAC.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Been a long time since I played this game (The Lost really killed my enthusiasm), start playing again and right out the gate I get an unwinnable situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOpSaO3U5Mo

Oh well. At least I've already cut the items I was missing in half. And all but maybe one were in one run, that was really nice. Are SMB and Bandage Girl still as much of a pain to get? I gave up after a while when I was playing before.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Manatee Cannon posted:

Been a long time since I played this game (The Lost really killed my enthusiasm), start playing again and right out the gate I get an unwinnable situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOpSaO3U5Mo

Oh well. At least I've already cut the items I was missing in half. And all but maybe one were in one run, that was really nice. Are SMB and Bandage Girl still as much of a pain to get? I gave up after a while when I was playing before.

You can get out of that room with the dead cat you just have to be a bit careful of how you do it. The trick is to make sure that it's the spikes inside the curse room that kill you that way you can spawn outside of it. If you rush through you'll leave the curse room and spawn back in it once the outside spikes kill you. Just slowly nudge up against them until you get hit.

Taratang
Sep 4, 2002

Grand Master
The star of my Suicide King run was whip worm of all things.

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT

omeg posted:

Finally got some ridiculous Godhead stuff. Including Sacred Heart, Guppy, Chocolate Milk, Death's Touch, Rubber Cement, Parasite.

This was a blast. One of the highest DPS runs I've ever had. Thanks.

Nyx
Mar 24, 2006

Like some cat from Japan

Taratang posted:

The star of my Suicide King run was whip worm of all things.

Seconding this. It really helps to make the shots quicker and more direct.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

I hate myself and I want to die!

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

Ixjuvin posted:

I want to die!

You picked the right way to go about it :v:

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

I average one successful run every 60 attempts.

I've had 2 successful runs.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Eden run last night: Minimum stats. 0 Red Hearts. 2 Soul Hearts. Items: Goat Head, Yum Heart

:cmon:

Archenteron fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Feb 20, 2015

Hyphen-ated
Apr 24, 2006
Not to be confused with endash or minus.
Hello Isaac Players. Brett824 and I made an item tracker that tells you item stats when you pick them up, and you can also click on the items to open the platinumgod page about them. Check it out: https://github.com/Hyphen-ated/RebirthItemTracker

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

Nyx posted:

Seconding this. It really helps to make the shots quicker and more direct.

I've noticed trinkets are godsends in challenges. I was having the hardest time with the Head Trauma challenge until I picked up the pinkeye trinket. That little bit of poison damage helped out a lot. Well that and the blue candle and dead cat, heh.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Hyphen-ated posted:

Hello Isaac Players. Brett824 and I made an item tracker that tells you item stats when you pick them up, and you can also click on the items to open the platinumgod page about them. Check it out: https://github.com/Hyphen-ated/RebirthItemTracker

Just did a couple runs with this. Great tool.

Any way you could make it (or put in options to make it/not make it):

-Go to a second line after X itemsAlready does this if you make the window bigger :doh:
-Display mod totals for each stat(Maybe not with multipliers because I have no idea how they stack)
-Are pills trackable?

And I'm guessing food is supposed to not show up because it's just health and nobody cares?

Hyphen-ated
Apr 24, 2006
Not to be confused with endash or minus.

Gibbo posted:

Just did a couple runs with this. Great tool.
Thanks!

quote:

-Display mod totals for each stat(Maybe not with multipliers because I have no idea how they stack)
This is planned, but it's a lot of work to do it properly, since there are so many weird interactions and edge cases

quote:

-Are pills trackable?
Not with the method this tracker uses (reading log.txt)

quote:

And I'm guessing food is supposed to not show up because it's just health and nobody cares?
Right. If you really want to see EVERY item you can edit items.txt and change '"shown": false' to '"shown": true' everywhere it appears

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Ixjuvin posted:

I hate myself and I want to die!

Mine got to -450 or worse before I just said gently caress it and abused the alt-f4 for the last 2 runs I needed.

Photux
Sep 3, 2012

Funny then, that such darkness gives me hope
What's the best way to find secret room items?

I've gotten every achievement except Platinum God and the Lost-related achievements. I'd like to get Platinum God, but there are a few items I've never picked up, and most of them are only found in the secret room. I've been bombing the wall in the room where I spawn and immediately restarting if I don't find a secret room. Is there a better way to find secret room items? It seems like secret rooms hardly ever even have items, so it's taking forever to do it this way.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Photux posted:

I've gotten every achievement except Platinum God and the Lost-related achievements. I'd like to get Platinum God, but there are a few items I've never picked up, and most of them are only found in the secret room. I've been bombing the wall in the room where I spawn and immediately restarting if I don't find a secret room. Is there a better way to find secret room items? It seems like secret rooms hardly ever even have items, so it's taking forever to do it this way.

How many hours have you played? If it's under 200 go play more.

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

Photux posted:

You can make item pedestals in secret rooms via beggar or slot machine cards and D6 them into secret room items.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Welp, it seems Death's Touch makes Tammy's Head + Ipecac useless since the shots apparently collide with themselves before doing anything :(

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
There's definitely some funky poo poo that goes down with Death's Touch and Ipecac. I feel like 90% of the time that I get the two together I end up with insanely weak tears. I just a couple of minutes ago finished a run with them and in a double Mega Fatty room I had 3 spiders instantly kill one of them and lobbed more than a dozen shots into the second before he died.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
I have a nice breaking run as Hard Lost going. Death's Touch + Cricket's Body and some good damage boosts means plenty of killing power with some indirectness for safety. It's kinda easy to lose track of enemy bullets in all the chaos, though.

All I gotta do is beat this Boss Rush and I should be able to steamroll Isaac and ???. It's taking a few tries, though.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

god drat but I hate getting 48-hour energy pills with a lovely item

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Hyphen-ated posted:

You are a hero.

It doesn't show spacebar items, does it? I think that could be handy.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug

Hyphen-ated posted:

Any Linux support?

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Chin Strap posted:

Any Linux support?

As a linux user isn't it supposed to be your job to take stuff and make it work on linux?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

omeg posted:

Where is all this ridiculous stuff? I got Rubber Cement on Basement 1 but everything after that was crap.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Here's why Cain (and Luck Up in general) is the best:

Three red chests in a room. Three Guppy items.

:woop:

strangemusic fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Feb 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
That has nothing to do with the luck stat, but it's still pretty cool.