Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

pillsburysoldier posted:

Coca JoePa should exist
JoePa Cola, you mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

D.N. Nation posted:

Georgia and North Carolina will open 2016 at the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game in Atlanta.

why

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Because we've already seen Clemson and VT play in that game enough.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Emron posted:

My coworker gave me a cool thing

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Because we've already seen Clemson and VT play in that game enough.

Yeah aren't they trying to rotate though the entire ACC, or at least the schools within decent driving distance. Didn't NC State play in it a few years back?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Emron posted:

I hear the bottle with Beamer on it has an extra wide neck...

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Komet posted:

It's a good hire, and I'm glad that Tom Bradley was able finally land back on his feet. Sure, it was frustrating to see our secondary get sliced and diced by any competent passing game. Maybe he'll be a horrible DC for a PAC team, going up against USC and Oregon, but maybe also Bradley was hamstrung by Paterno. I wouldn't be surprised if he was more aggressive under another coach. Ultimately, his stats speak for themselves. Penn State was able to put together top 10 defenses nationally in most categories from 2004-2011. He's a pretty good recruiter too.

Yeah I'm liking the hire on paper. As a bonus his potential hiring is making the idiots on Bruinsnation fight with each other and race to see who can have the hottest take or come up with the most hyperbolic condemnation, which is always entertaining.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

As someone who grew up an Arizona fan and attended UH, I have a special hatred of ASU fans throwing the cougar paw/the shocker.
Not to mention the legion of idiot ASU fans who think UH stole the cougar paw from them.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

drunk leprechaun posted:

Yeah aren't they trying to rotate though the entire ACC, or at least the schools within decent driving distance. Didn't NC State play in it a few years back?
NC State lost to Tennessee in the '12 kickoff game on a Friday followed by Clemson over Auburn on Saturday.

Auburn and Louisville are the '15 game.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I just remembered Rutgers is in the Big Ten. Still makes me laugh every time.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Thoguh posted:

I just remembered Rutgers is in the Big Ten. Still makes me laugh every time.

They beat Michigan and only lost to Penn State by 3 lmbo

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Detroit_Dogg posted:

They beat Michigan

Who didn't?

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Penn State!

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Third Best QB In The Big Ten Gary Nova threw for like 400 yards.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Emron posted:

I've got 2 6-packs of those that my grandfather gave to me. I am (was) under strict orders to never sell them or give them away.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
1)Christian
2)Hacken
3)Berg

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

MourningView posted:

Third Best QB In The Big Ten Gary Nova threw for like 400 yards.

Ohio State's depth chart would like a word.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I am all for ACC vs SEC in Atlanta to start the season though so thanks to the gay hatin chicken for that.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Dango Bango posted:

Ohio State's depth chart would like a word.

Only one of them played any decent amount of time in the Big Ten. Barrett was better but All Big Ten Contender Gary Nova had way more yards and TDs than the rest of those scrubs.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

MourningView posted:

Only one of them played any decent amount of time in the Big Ten. Barrett was better but All Big Ten Contender Gary Nova had way more yards and TDs than the rest of those scrubs.

So those years of watching Braxton Miller play were all a dream, huh. :smith:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Auburn and Louisville are the '15 game.

Game's gonna own. Todd Grantham vs. Gus Malzahn, the sequel!

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Motherfuck Todd Grantham all the way to hell. I hope he gets rear end cancer.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

I'm excited about Heels vs. Dawgs, that could be fun. Makes me continue to wonder what SC has to do to get a spot in this game, though. It feels like the same four or five teams are always in it.

RumbleFish fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Feb 20, 2015

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
The opening weekend of 2016 is gonna be so cool.

Notre Dame at Texas
Alabama vs USC at Jerry World
LSU vs Wisconsin at Lambeau
Clemson at Auburn
UCLA at Texas A&M
UGA vs UNC at the Georgia Dome

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

What whole weekend line up is boss as hell

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

KKKLIP ART posted:

What whole weekend line up is boss as hell

And the following week we'll get VT vs UT in Bristol in front of some assumedly huge crowd! 2016 is gonna be a good one.

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

The Notorious ZSB posted:

And the following week we'll get VT vs UT in Bristol in front of some assumedly huge crowd! 2016 is gonna be a good one.

Start prepping your liver for that weekend now buddy. You know that poo poo's gonna get messy.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

D.N. Nation posted:

Game's gonna own. Todd Grantham vs. Gus Malzahn, the sequel!

Eh, gus wil be fired and Todd will be promoted by then

Fussy Dutchman
Jul 29, 2008

Thermos H Christ posted:

Notre Dame at Texas
Clemson at Auburn
UCLA at Texas A&M

So uh.. what are the expectations for Texas this year? I'm thinking ND should win that considering this team is 100 percent Kelly's, but first week games have some weird poo poo happen, especially if you're not playing a patsy.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Fussy Dutchman posted:

So uh.. what are the expectations for Texas this year? I'm thinking ND should win that considering this team is 100 percent Kelly's, but first week games have some weird poo poo happen, especially if you're not playing a patsy.

Still rebuilding. Probably gonna lose to ND unless one of the young QBs can take over for Swoopes and turns out to be a prodigy.

Fussy Dutchman
Jul 29, 2008
Well, ND could be starting Malik Zaire instead of Golson, depending on how the spring shakes out... Zaire looked pretty good against LSU in the bowl game, but a lot of that success was Kelly finally deciding to Run the Dang Ball.

I think this might be the earliest I've become anxious about football.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Fussy Dutchman posted:

That lineup isn't this year. Next year. If we can find any kind of solution to our QB woes I think we might really start to turn the corner in '16. Strong built an NFL factory at freaking Louisville, so I think he can make stuff happen if given time, but he shook the etch-a-sketch pretty hard when he came in here and this was his first real recruiting class. I really hope it comes together because I think he's gone if we're not somewhere in the conference/national title picture by the end of the '17 season.

Unless Jerrod Heard is the truth ND is gonna beat us in '15.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Unless UNC becomes a powerhouse in a year I don't think that kickoff game will be watchable.

Then again it's Georgia on national TV.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
VT/UT will be...interesting. With a competent QB it'll probably be the best O at VT since Tyrod Taylor was a senior but the D is going to lose a lot across the line and Kendall Fuller in the secondary(unless for some reason he comes back as a senior). Still, I'd rather replace on D than O, Foster knows how to make things work.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

On the subject of non-conference games, Auburn and Cal just moved their series formerly scheduled for '19-'20 back a year because I guess something's gonna come up in like four years. Lowers the already probably not great chance that will be a sweet Malzahn/Dykes matchup.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

C2C - 2.0 posted:

I've got 2 6-packs of those that my grandfather gave to me. I am (was) under strict orders to never sell them or give them away.

Mine is getting a place of honor for sure.

Thermos H Christ posted:

Notre Dame at Texas
Clemson at Auburn
UCLA at Texas A&M

And this has me excited already.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

rk Long (@APMarkLong)
NCAA says it will release details of the infractions regarding Gators at 1 pm. No idea if it's hoops or football

Mark Long (@APMarkLong)
The NCAA infractions are definitely football related. Not sure who they involved yet. #Gators

Bring back Muschamp >:[

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Unless UNC becomes a powerhouse in a year I don't think that kickoff game will be watchable.

Then again it's Georgia on national TV.

I dunno, didnt uga with AJ Greene and Moreno and Aaron Murray lose to UCF?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

It's from Joker Phillips doing whatever he did to get fired.

I doubt it will be major.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Ehud posted:

It's from Joker Phillips doing whatever he did to get fired.

I doubt it will be major.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--possible-recruiting-violation-preceded-joker-phillips--resignation-at-florida-204421481.html

It's a "major" violation but I doubt it will have major effects.

• Locked thread