Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

polar
Nov 3, 2003
So this is kinda a noobie question. I tried to build a fuzz circuit and it didn't work (some fancy one).
so to the noob questions.

Does the tip of the jack provide the signal? I'm thinking yes.

Do I have to ground the input and output jacks?

sorry for the silly questions, I just pulled the board back out and was looking at it. I realized I wired a few things wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

Declan MacManus posted:

It's Japanese. As it turns out the Boss ACA adapters take a 12V supply and convert it down to 9V for the pedal's supply purposes, but if you daisy chain it and short the input/output by connecting it to another pedal in the same daisy chain, it bypasses the converter and runs off the 9V supply just fine.

Alternatively if you run it off of a standard isolated 9V supply it makes some really cool dying battery sounds.

That would explain why I thought I remembered running mine off 9V but then having it not work next time I used it, and the shop telling me I needed it modded so it would behave. Huh. Well, now it works regardless. Thanks. I always wondered what the hell happened there.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
It's not that much of a pain to use a PP2, and run power from a jack you set to 9.6v to the pedal that needs it or a daisy chain if you have several. If you don't feel like that, there are still 9.6v power supplies out there, and you could daisy chain one of them to all your pedals - the standard 9v ones don't care.

(There are some pedals that will hum if you run them from the 9.6v jack on a PP2, but not from a 9v standalone power supply.) :iiam:

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL
Modifying the old Boss pedals to run off 9V is very simple. It takes longer to unscrew the base plate than to short out the diode.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Can anyone give any recommendations for a first time DIY pedal kit? I found a few sites but figured I'd check here first. Just looking to do something basic like a fuzz.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

What do y'all think about the Boss AC-3? I've been eying one for a while now but didn't think it was a top priority or anything. But after rewatching one of the Porcupine Tree live DVDs (Arriving Somewhere) last night, I'm pretty sure they were using that or something like it at times when I didn't see an acoustic on stage and it sounded dope, so now I'm considering getting one of those and then calling it quits with buying new pedals for a while :haw:

I used to have an acoustic electric and liked it, but I was using the electric I had at the time more than I was using the acoustic electric, so I ended up selling it to pay for the Tele I have now. So now I have no acoustic guitar, but I figured that'd be an easier solution than picking up an entire separate guitar and would sound pretty close too. Do any of you guys own it? And if so, how's it sound?

I figured it might be cool to use the AC-3 with my other pedals too, so I could make it sound like an acoustic with delay or reverb or whatever.

Ferrous Wheel
Aug 18, 2007

"This is not only a security risk but we occasionally get pigeons roosting in the space as a result."
If their acoustic sound is any good there's probably a piezo pickup involved instead of or in addition to the pedal.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ferrous Wheel posted:

If their acoustic sound is any good there's probably a piezo pickup involved instead of or in addition to the pedal.
Is that to imply that the pedal on its own doesn't sound all that good, though?

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Is that to imply that the pedal on its own doesn't sound all that good, though?
Meh, it's just a drastic mid scoop more or less. I was once given one that I later gave away.

polar
Nov 3, 2003

polar posted:

So this is kinda a noobie question. I tried to build a fuzz circuit and it didn't work (some fancy one).
so to the noob questions.

Does the tip of the jack provide the signal? I'm thinking yes.

Do I have to ground the input and output jacks?

sorry for the silly questions, I just pulled the board back out and was looking at it. I realized I wired a few things wrong.

To answer my own questions.

yes the tips and yes the jacks on a pedal have to be grounded.

I wired allot of stuff up wrong the first time. Had my trim resistor in wrong. think I had the EBC on the transistors wrong . Also no ground for the jacks. Once all that was fixed The fuzz worked. Still cant figure why I put a 3rd knob on a fuzz. Should have put a pot in place of the trim resistor. Still not sure its the same quality as a store bought box..

mono posted:

Can anyone give any recommendations for a first time DIY pedal kit? I found a few sites but figured I'd check here first. Just looking to do something basic like a fuzz.

I figured out what I wanted to build and started looking. There are allot of places. I sourced all the parts myself. Build your own clone is one place. Mammoth electronics is another. there are lots of schematics on http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/ I built a sunface clone. The hard part of looking on tagboard effects was finding the board. I got a few off tayda electronics(prototyping board). Think I got the components from pedal parts plus. Just google DIY guitar pedal. The pedals are just the start. You can build amp clones. After the issues with my first pedal I am not interested in a amp anytime soon. Also the amps get close to the price of retail.

Captain Apollo
Jun 24, 2003

King of the Pilots, CFI
Well - for the last 15 years ive played nothing but a guitar and an amp. Really just never used effects.

I went into the store the other day and walked out with a TC Flashback with the toneprint. I'm in love - especially with its included looper.

Now: I am thinking about building a nice gigging/FUN pedal board.

I was really impressed with the TC Electronics brand. Is it dumb to buy the :
Hall of Fame Reverb
Ditto Looper
MojoMojo Overdrive

Instead of getting a EHX Cathedral and a TS9 or something along those lines?

For reference, I play an Eric Clapton Strat, and a Fender amp. I play mainly blues and classic rock sounds..... I'm just afraid if I go 'all' TC eletronics I'll be missing out on the bigger picture, but I like their price point and how versatile they all seem to be while giving out great sound.

I'll take other fuzz/overdrive pedal recommendations if you have them. I saw a 'muffn' was recommended not too far back.

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006

Captain Apollo posted:

I'll take other fuzz/overdrive pedal recommendations if you have them. I saw a 'muffn' was recommended not too far back.
Moog MF Drive.
Moog MF Boost.
Moog MF Trem.
Zvexx Fuzz Factory.

Those will keep you busy and happy for a long long time.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

To be completely honest with you I think TC is making the best pedals right now if your goal is good quality sound plus versatility. I'm a complete butt about MY TONE and their pedals are dead quiet, very neutral to your dry tone, and are generally hard to get bad sounds out of. I used to be the type of person who wanted every pedal to have one exact role but the Hall of Fame in specific threw me for a loop and made most one trick pony pedals boring to me.

So yeah, go for it. They're good pedals and while they might not beat some of the boutique pedals out there for certain uses you're going to struggle to find anything that versatile in the price point of their current line.

Bruce Boxliker
Mar 24, 2010
Yo, so I've got my pedals together for my bass rig for one of my bands now but I'm fairly ignorant on proper pedal order. This is what I'm using:

-Boss tuner
-A clean boost
-TC Corona Mini Chorus
-Boss RV-3
-Boss ODB-3
-EH Bass Big Muff
-Boss NS-2
-EHX Dyna Comp with the Ross mod from JHS

This is for my modern prog metal band. Right now I keep the clean boost on at all times and the ODB-3 on for most of the time (basically almost all heavy parts). My goal is to have a heavy, distorted bass sound with a strong fundamental signal. I'm mainly posting this cause I just got the comp and suppressor and am pretty ignorant on their use/placement. Right now I'm running those pedals in the order listed above (minus the comp and supp) and am happy with it but from my understanding it's a fairly unconventional order. Also not entirely sure on how to incorporate the suppressor? Do I run my dirt pedals through the send/return loop?

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006

Bruce Boxliker posted:

Yo, so I've got my pedals together for my bass rig for one of my bands now but I'm fairly ignorant on proper pedal order. This is what I'm using:

-Boss tuner
-A clean boost
-TC Corona Mini Chorus
-Boss RV-3
-Boss ODB-3
-EH Bass Big Muff
-Boss NS-2
-EHX Dyna Comp with the Ross mod from JHS

This is for my modern prog metal band. Right now I keep the clean boost on at all times and the ODB-3 on for most of the time (basically almost all heavy parts). My goal is to have a heavy, distorted bass sound with a strong fundamental signal. I'm mainly posting this cause I just got the comp and suppressor and am pretty ignorant on their use/placement. Right now I'm running those pedals in the order listed above (minus the comp and supp) and am happy with it but from my understanding it's a fairly unconventional order. Also not entirely sure on how to incorporate the suppressor? Do I run my dirt pedals through the send/return loop?
Generally dirt/fuzz, boost and comp would go in front of the preamp with time/pitch pedals (chorus, delay, reverb, etc) going into the F/X loop (is your loop series or parallel, and if it's parallel does it have a mix control?).

That Boss NS-2 can actually be used in both positions simultaneously (and this is based on a quick Google, I've never used that one, but I've used others and it seems similar), by using the '4 cable method'.

As far as individual order, I'd probably start off with:

Guitar -> Tuner -> Fuzz (although some fuzzes would prefer to be in FRONT of the buffer in the tuner, so try both ways) -> Boost -> Comp -> ODB-3 -> NS-2 -> Amp Input -> F/X Send -> Chorus -> Delay -> Reverb -> NS-2 -> F/X Return -> Make Noises Happen.

DO experiment, keep some notes handy, see what works for you of course, but that's generally how I run things, anyway.

If you're interested in my theory on WHY:

Tuner acts as a buffer for a long cable run, that early in the chain it's irrelevant whether it's in front of, or behind the fuzz (other than how the fuzz itself reacts to the placement) plus there's no effects-based fuckery to deal with when you're tuning.

Fuzz and boost before comp to allow for greater pre-compression dynamics (in my opinion much MUCH more important with the fuzz due to their inherent fuckability with volume knobs on the guitar to make a wider variety of weird poo poo happen).

Comp before drive to add a bit of variety to the types of dirty poo poo that happens. You've got a couple of woolier options with the fuzz and boost, throwing the comp before the drive lets you smooth out things a bit and tighten up the crunch somewhat. Plus at this point, having the comp behind the fuzz and boost lets you gently caress around with them and do a bit of volume leveling going into the rest of your chain and then the preamp. I'm looking at the comp as more of an effect here, rather than a simple bit of compression on the chain itself.

ODB-3 after the boost especially lets you use the boost in conjunction with the drive to get some weirder sine wave poo poo going on.

NS-2 at the end of the chain to clamp down on the hiss and poo poo you're going to have to deal with as it goes into the preamp.

ALTERNATIVELY: Put the comp at the end of your EFFECT chain immediately before the NS-2. This is personal preference. Try it both ways.

In the F/X chain I generally like chorus/flanger/phaser first (in no particular order for those 3) feeding delay that feeds into the reverb before returning to the power amp. That's for no really good reason other than I like the sound of reverb applied to my post-delay signal rather than delay added to my post-reverb signal (and I prefer delay and reverb BOTH to be applied to my post-chorus/flanger/phaser signal).

Hopefully that helps you out some and feel free to utterly disregard everything (I'm not being snippy, seriously, it's music, don't paint by numbers here), but DO experiment and DO take some notes as to what works for you and what doesn't.

Also, try to experiment at something close to whatever volume you'll be normally playing at. I'm not sure how big a deal it is for bassists, but I know things can change pretty drastically going from bedroom to Spinal Tap levels.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

polar posted:

I figured out what I wanted to build and started looking. There are allot of places. I sourced all the parts myself. Build your own clone is one place. Mammoth electronics is another. there are lots of schematics on http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/ I built a sunface clone. The hard part of looking on tagboard effects was finding the board. I got a few off tayda electronics(prototyping board). Think I got the components from pedal parts plus. Just google DIY guitar pedal. The pedals are just the start. You can build amp clones. After the issues with my first pedal I am not interested in a amp anytime soon. Also the amps get close to the price of retail.

I found Mammoth in my searches and they seem great so far. I'll probably get something from them. I got ahead of myself yesterday and started looking at DIY amps but don't want to drop the cash and risk blowing myself up, so I'll start small.

Bruce Boxliker
Mar 24, 2010

iostream.h posted:

Generally dirt/fuzz, boost and comp would go in front of the preamp with time/pitch pedals (chorus, delay, reverb, etc) going into the F/X loop (is your loop series or parallel, and if it's parallel does it have a mix control?).

That Boss NS-2 can actually be used in both positions simultaneously (and this is based on a quick Google, I've never used that one, but I've used others and it seems similar), by using the '4 cable method'.

As far as individual order, I'd probably start off with:

Guitar -> Tuner -> Fuzz (although some fuzzes would prefer to be in FRONT of the buffer in the tuner, so try both ways) -> Boost -> Comp -> ODB-3 -> NS-2 -> Amp Input -> F/X Send -> Chorus -> Delay -> Reverb -> NS-2 -> F/X Return -> Make Noises Happen.

DO experiment, keep some notes handy, see what works for you of course, but that's generally how I run things, anyway.

If you're interested in my theory on WHY:

Tuner acts as a buffer for a long cable run, that early in the chain it's irrelevant whether it's in front of, or behind the fuzz (other than how the fuzz itself reacts to the placement) plus there's no effects-based fuckery to deal with when you're tuning.

Fuzz and boost before comp to allow for greater pre-compression dynamics (in my opinion much MUCH more important with the fuzz due to their inherent fuckability with volume knobs on the guitar to make a wider variety of weird poo poo happen).

Comp before drive to add a bit of variety to the types of dirty poo poo that happens. You've got a couple of woolier options with the fuzz and boost, throwing the comp before the drive lets you smooth out things a bit and tighten up the crunch somewhat. Plus at this point, having the comp behind the fuzz and boost lets you gently caress around with them and do a bit of volume leveling going into the rest of your chain and then the preamp. I'm looking at the comp as more of an effect here, rather than a simple bit of compression on the chain itself.

ODB-3 after the boost especially lets you use the boost in conjunction with the drive to get some weirder sine wave poo poo going on.

NS-2 at the end of the chain to clamp down on the hiss and poo poo you're going to have to deal with as it goes into the preamp.

ALTERNATIVELY: Put the comp at the end of your EFFECT chain immediately before the NS-2. This is personal preference. Try it both ways.

In the F/X chain I generally like chorus/flanger/phaser first (in no particular order for those 3) feeding delay that feeds into the reverb before returning to the power amp. That's for no really good reason other than I like the sound of reverb applied to my post-delay signal rather than delay added to my post-reverb signal (and I prefer delay and reverb BOTH to be applied to my post-chorus/flanger/phaser signal).

Hopefully that helps you out some and feel free to utterly disregard everything (I'm not being snippy, seriously, it's music, don't paint by numbers here), but DO experiment and DO take some notes as to what works for you and what doesn't.

Also, try to experiment at something close to whatever volume you'll be normally playing at. I'm not sure how big a deal it is for bassists, but I know things can change pretty drastically going from bedroom to Spinal Tap levels.

Wow, thanks for the big write up. I use three different heads depending on the band/occasion so I'll check if they all have F/X loops. One thing I should've mentioned is that after I go through my pedals, I run into a radial DI box to send my signal to the PA (only one of my three heads has a built-in XLR out). If I use that NS-2 X method, would I lose any of my effects going to the PA? I could just drop the radial after the whole kitten caboodle, right? (Sorry, still just wrapping my head around your post.)

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
so other than recording when is it an apt time or when is compression a good idea in a pedal? I am thinking of grabbing one cause my high e kinda falls in the mix a but and not sure if it'd be a old investment or not

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I've been listening to too much Nai Harvest and reading this all these posts about multi amp setups. I'm thinking of using my Supernatural to split between my Orange and my Aguilar amp to get a huge sound. Let the OR15 handle the highs and some dirt and have the TH500 bring the low end and low mids. The SN is in my fx loop. Is it as simple as plugging the cable into the stereo input and then running another cable from the 2nd output into the bass? Dumb question but I've never tried anything of the sort.

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006

Smash it Smash hit posted:

so other than recording when is it an apt time or when is compression a good idea in a pedal? I am thinking of grabbing one cause my high e kinda falls in the mix a but and not sure if it'd be a old investment or not
It just depends on how you dig it. I like it a lot on clean/ish sounds to get a nice round tubular kind of sound, and a little bit of comp on a lightly overdriven tone gives a nice liquid flowing effect.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Smash it Smash hit posted:

Other than for making stuff super country or crazy sustain, compression is really good for bringing out harmonics and also percussive noises and other non guitarry poo poo that you might play. Basically anywhere you would use distortion to make a part jump out, you could use a compressor for the clean version of that same effect

You can also crank them and use them as a boost

For what you're describing, they'd probably be good although you'll probably end up giving up something in the way of dynamics

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

If:

You play a lot of percussive music and you want a nice clicky attack

You play a lot of clean guitar leads and want every note to ring out even

You change pickups a lot and want to match volume

You play in an ensemble and dont want any peaks in volume jumping out of the mix.

You want more sustain but dont want to add more gain.

You might want a compressor.

If

you play with a fair bit of gain

you play stuff where the guitar is loose and upfront

you probably don't want a compressor, it might actually just take some life out of your sound and add noise.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

e: wrong thread

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I had a random thought. Are there any phasers that have built in stereo panning? So as it phases it pans across two outputs. I thought that'd be a cool thing to get recorded automatically (Rather than pan yourself) and it seems like it'd be wicked live if you had a stereo rig.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
you probably dont really need panning on a stereo phaser, the outs should be dry + wet and dry - wet, so it moves around within the stereo field already.

Captain Apollo
Jun 24, 2003

King of the Pilots, CFI
So: got the TC
Hall of Fame Reverb
Corona Chorus
Ditto x2 Looper
MojoMojo Overdrive

- I LOVE them. Obviously like I mentioned earlier, I have been effects less for a long time, but I am really pleased with the quality of sounds.

Also : I bought a BeatBuddy. I can do a small review if anyone wants. It's a drum pedal. BUT, it's not a digital drum track. They actually recorded real humans drumming and made them into beats. You can also build your own backing track. It sounds phenomenal and is so easy to make it do fills,cues, and accents.

My wife hates our bank account right now.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

I bought a Yamaha FX500 for like 50 bucks from glorious Nippon. I haven't figured out how to incorporate it into my setup yet but there are some glorious 80s cheese tones on here to go with

the soft focus

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

Declan MacManus posted:

I bought a Yamaha FX500 for like 50 bucks from glorious Nippon. I haven't figured out how to incorporate it into my setup yet but there are some glorious 80s cheese tones on here to go with

the soft focus

I have one, and soft focus is my favorite thing. The only problem is that o some amps it has a horrible gain cut that makes it unusable, so I never use it anymore. Shame because I love it so much.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Mr. Wiggles posted:

I have one, and soft focus is my favorite thing. The only problem is that o some amps it has a horrible gain cut that makes it unusable, so I never use it anymore. Shame because I love it so much.

Seems easy enough to get a true bypass looper, a cheap clean boost, and just use the boost as a buffer to protect you from volume drops.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

Declan MacManus posted:

Seems easy enough to get a true bypass looper, a cheap clean boost, and just use the boost as a buffer to protect you from volume drops.

I see that you posted words, and that they're in English, but they're not actually coming across as sensical speech.

What kind of bypass looper and clean boost could even do that, and then how would I route that into my current chain?

Ferrous Wheel
Aug 18, 2007

"This is not only a security risk but we occasionally get pigeons roosting in the space as a result."
Put the fx unit and the boost together in their own loop (almost any will work — Road Rage, Voodoo Labs, One Control, whatever), adjust the boost to make up any lost volume, leave both on and use the switch on the looper to bring them in and out together.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Oh, you mean a looper and not a looper.

We really need to come up with a term for one of these that isn't overloaded.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Schpyder posted:

Oh, you mean a looper and not a looper.

We really need to come up with a term for one of these that isn't overloaded.

I say looping/looper pedal since it creates loops vs loop pedal
cause itself is a loop.

this is my decree

Captain Apollo
Jun 24, 2003

King of the Pilots, CFI
Well I got my MojoMojo overdrive in from TC Electronics today. I've played with it all day: Verdict?

Man. I really love this pedal company. This pedal, analog, really keeps my original, true guitar tones (American strat)

For playing blues solos and adding just enough drive, it's exactly what I wanted.
There is a toggle switch in the center, Voice mode and Regular mode. Voice helps bring out some of the more vocal qualities of the guitar towards the mid range. Regular adds just a touch more of the lower side.

For 100 bucks, easy, done.

I was really thinking I wanted a tube screamer, but with this OD I got the tube breakup sounds I want, without all the gain to make it miserable.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I'm planning on getting the TC Viscous Vibe and maybe the Phaser as soon as they're out. If TC makes a pedal there's a good chance I can get exactly what I want out them vs the competition. It's kinda boring sometimes but they have so much to offer. Like I've been curious about the Mr Black Supermoon for a while and even though it definitely has its own thing going and is more tweakable, there's a setting on the TC T2 that gets me 90% there and sounds amazing. They all run dead silent during operation + switch quietly and never alter my base tone unless I'm running really crazy reverb.

Sorry to keep making TC salesman posts here but I can't say enough good about them and I wish I could've started guitar when they had these swiss army knife pedals out.

////////

Question for anyone who owns an EHX B9/C9. How quickly do they track? I've always loved those kind of effects and these in particular sound very good but I've had zero luck with similar effects when it comes to the timing.

Kilometers Davis fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Mar 1, 2015

JohnnySmitch
Oct 20, 2004

Don't touch me there - Noone has that right.

Kilometers Davis posted:

Question for anyone who owns an EHX B9/C9. How quickly do they track? I've always loved those kind of effects and these in particular sound very good but I've had zero luck with similar effects when it comes to the timing.

My C9 actually surprised the hell out of me with how well it tracks. I've had a hard time TRYING to get it to loose tracking - really aggressive bending seems to be the only thing that throws it off, though it still recovers pretty well. It likes a clean clear signal into it too, so make sure to keep it in front of your dirts. I don't shred or play anything super fast/widdly, so YMMV.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."
I just got to play with the Seymour Duncan Vapor Trail at guitar center and it exceeded my exceptions. I've been wanting a delay pedal for awhile since the band that I'm currently playing with is into playing a lot of New Wave kind of stuff and I've been looking at the MF-Delay and the Memory-Man (both kind of out of my budget tbh).
Do any of you have any experiences with the Moog/Electroharmonix Delays and what do you think about them/ do you think they're worth the price? Should I check either of them out or should I just go ahead and order the vapor trail?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

A few random opinions incoming. The MF Delay is the best dark analog delay for the price point. It's absolutely stunning and has a sound you won't get anywhere else. Now you might find this strange considering you just asked about buying mine in the gear trades thread but realize I had issues with it not liking my setup. It's the hardest pedal I've had to sell. There's nothing I didn't like about the pedal. It has this meaty percussive delay sound that sits under the dry tone so that there's zero mud from the combined sounds and it somehow manages that while sitting in a mix nicely.

On to the Vapor Trail. I haven't played it but I listened to too many demos recently and nearly bought one. To my ears it's a MXR Carbon Copy killer to the max. Same general idea, slightly darker and more musical to my ears. The ability to control the modulation on the front is nice too. You can with the CC but the trim pots are inside. I've heard it's built well and I really like what SD has done with their pedals so I wouldn't have any worries about owning one.

Ferrous Wheel
Aug 18, 2007

On the subject of delays, does anyone make one that has trails and a momentary switch? Or a switch that can be set up to act as momentary?

I know a custom bypass looper could do this, but I've never seen a delay with the capability built in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
Welp I am trying my hand at building stupid pedals. Going to make a flip flop thing and turn my current looper into a ritual fuzz or something stupid like that. Dont really expect to keep either, just want to try my hand at both. Spending only like 23 bux ontop of the stuff I already have to build both so, why not?

Might just give both away to friends, I just cannibalized a bunch of electronics for some discrete parts and just going to plug them in until it works.