Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Vassals cannot declare war at all on high crown authority.

Then it was the level below that I guess. Whichever one lets them beat up on people still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I was wrong. Medium prevents them from declaring war within the realm and absolute prevents extra realm wars. High prevents titles from passing outside the realm through inheritance.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I like Absolute to make sure my bitches stay in line.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I'm running the game on fast speed and my dude is literally 60 and his mum is 77 and won;t die. The game is trolling me.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

She finally died and I can't start a faction for myself to be Doge.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
You should use absolute crown authority so you can switch to Imperial Administration and put the game on easy mode.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I'm running the game on fast speed and my dude is literally 60 and his mum is 77 and won;t die. The game is trolling me.

Prince Charles knows that feel.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
The scholarship focus decision also guarantees brave and cynical as well as shitloads of learning and tech points. It rules.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Average Bear posted:

The scholarship focus decision also guarantees brave and cynical as well as shitloads of learning and tech points. It rules.

when i think of scholars the word "brave" just pops into my head.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

GreyPowerVan posted:

when i think of scholars the word "brave" just pops into my head.

You defy the church and that makes you brave. You can also be the medieval worlds best heliocentrist and tell the pope/EUoC to gently caress his gay hat

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I said gently caress you to the Amalfi Rome game and just did the trick to turn Byz into a republic.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Average Bear posted:

You defy the church and that makes you brave. You can also be the medieval worlds best heliocentrist and tell the pope/EUoC to gently caress his gay hat

makes more sense

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I'm never going to pick learning focus unless my leader also has trait homosexual.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Pewdiepie posted:

I'm never going to pick learning focus unless my leader also has trait homosexual.

Lmao.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
oh yeah this is what i need this is intensely my poo poo

ERE lead by the EPoC and the HRE about to be lead by the Pope. Fantastic. Those Aztecs can't come south fast enough.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Page 69 bahahahahahaha

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Page 69 bahahahahahaha

That's the sex number.

Dec 30, 2008

Average Bear posted:

oh yeah this is what i need this is intensely my poo poo

ERE lead by the EPoC and the HRE about to be lead by the Pope. Fantastic. Those Aztecs can't come south fast enough.

pretty sure when he becomes pope he doesn't keep the hre

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I said gently caress you to the Amalfi Rome game and just did the trick to turn Byz into a republic.

Was your dude Content? I dunno, maybe that's why you couldn't start a faction for yourself but could for everybody else. I think something like that happen to me once.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Disco Infiva posted:

Was your dude Content? I dunno, maybe that's why you couldn't start a faction for yourself but could for everybody else. I think something like that happen to me once.

He was ambitious.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Why do I always have more fun playing these when I play as some pissant tiny country with no interest in global domination?

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Why do I always have more fun playing these when I play as some pissant tiny country with no interest in global domination?

These games are really easy once you understand how they work, world conquest is basically a slog with a bunch of repetition, and more modern games have added things to do that aren't painting the world.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

OPMs and struggling regional powers that try to survive against invaders are super ftw

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's really easy to blob up, so the way to add challenges to the game is to play as extremely weak or otherwise handicapped nations and play around their weaknesses.

Also in EU4 and a few edge cases in CK2, a extremely weak starts have the potential to be amazing once they get a good core of a few strong provinces. Like some of the OPMs in EU4 that you have to release or get conquered almost immediately have great ideas. And das juden or most pagans in CK2 look real bad and gay but are strong once they get big.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Subjugation CB is extremely good.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have a Reformed West African republic with half Berber and half Mande dudes... but the best part is everyone in my family has the ooga booga face paint until they inherit the republic, and then they immediately look like a 1400's trader. They should make reformed west africans wear like, the orthodox clothes or something. This is ridiculous.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

I have a Reformed West African republic with half Berber and half Mande dudes... but the best part is everyone in my family has the ooga booga face paint until they inherit the republic, and then they immediately look like a 1400's trader. They should make reformed west africans wear like, the orthodox clothes or something. This is ridiculous.

Pdox wants respectable noble savages

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

well now we know why the ck2->eu4 converter is poo poo trash

Groogy posted:

I put my heart and soul into it. Heck, I still do.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
i've never had a fun game as poland in any paradox game, gently caress this poo poo

I should've never accepted a call to arms against france and russia

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

KoldPT posted:

i've never had a fun game as poland in any paradox game, gently caress this poo poo

I should've never accepted a call to arms against france and russia

I did Poland-Prussia-HRE and it was awesome.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I did Poland-Prussia-HRE and it was awesome.

It was awesome because you became Prussia

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The traits make sense.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

He should be a genius with 30 diplomacy.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

but also with the insane trait

edit: and probably arbitrary.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Why is Hitler cruel. He was never known for cruelty. His love of animals is testament to that.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

how many jews would hitler have to have killed to get diligent instead of slothful

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Durr dur hur. Hitler should be insane and cruel and lustful and be middling at all the things he was a genuine master of. By the way, I believe that combusting jet fuel is hot enough to melt steel construction girders.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

whoa is imp zone the unironic hitler appreciation station?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hmm *pulls open Genetic Cleansing The Video Game THread* WTF people like hitler?