Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
lol diamond

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

Slaapaav posted:

why is press r comp coming back?

They quoted Dexter yesterday saying that it was because press R teams are much easier to run for teams with bad communication/shotcalling, which is frequently the case early in the year while people are still finalising rosters/going through sub turmoil/whatever. No idea if that's actually true, but it seems plausible I guess

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I love watching Reignover's Olaf. I wish he just played that poo poo all the time.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I dread Elements v. Roccat.

Roccat is Roccat and no doubt Elements will be playing absurdly safely after yesterday.

Naturally I will watch every minute of it.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Oh boy Yellowstar is playing Thresh :allears:

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Flameingblack posted:

Fredy won a game as Kennen so whether a champion is viable in a situation isn't as important as "Can he carry" and the answer is in most cases yes. Maybe not against FNatic in that match but just in general. It's not like he's an AD Carry trying to play Urgot.

Speaking of Urgot, I have an extremely stupid question about him: why isn't he ever played in top lane? I really like the ugly motherfucker and love his swap mechanic and heat seeking missiles.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Kibner posted:

Speaking of Urgot, I have a extremely stupid question about him: why isn't he ever played in top lane? I really like the ugly motherfucker and love his swap mechanic and heat seeking missiles.

Even with someone playing him 100% optimally his numbers still blow. He's not advantageous in any situation and picking him in competitive (or really ever) is just openly arrogant.

Like for example, if you wanted to play someone who throws projectiles and enters into melee range for a team fight do to things that help win fights, picking Gnar or Kennen would easily surpass Urgot's performance in every possible way.

e: Really dumb decisions by Fnatic in this game. Full :riot:

Bankerfox
Oct 11, 2012
When did Gambit become entertaining to watch again?

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

Gambit... good? (Okay it's mostly Fnatic being bad but let me have this until it all comes crashing down in 15 minutes)

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Libertine posted:

Even with someone playing him 100% optimally his numbers still blow. He's not advantageous in any situation and picking him in competitive (or really ever) is just openly arrogant.

Like for example, if you wanted to play someone who throws projectiles and enters into melee range for a team fight do to things that help win fights, picking Gnar or Kennen would easily surpass Urgot's performance in every possible way.

Well, dang. I wish they would adjust/rebuild him so that he can play in top and/or jungle (but not be good at bot lane). Of the champs that never see play at any level, he's my favorite.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Bankerfox posted:

When did Gambit become entertaining to watch again?

It feels like they gained a lot of confidence off of their wins and are starting to actually play better as well. I just hope this isn't just me projecting because I'm a Gambit fan.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

... yessssss :getin:

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass
This game is not going as I expected it to.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Heavens to betsy :stare:

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
diamond and edward are some of the best players to ever play the game imho.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

A 3v3 over a tier 2 and a 2v2 over dragon simultaneously :pwn:

Bankerfox
Oct 11, 2012
Where has this Gambit been?! This is amazing!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

GMB had double zhonyas + QSS at 20 minutes

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
gambit dont play safe so they are fun to watch. they always take the risky option when it is availible

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Wow Febiven is looking like crap this game. Of course since he can't assassinate anyone he is going to, but getting caught like that was bad.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Slaapaav posted:

gambit dont play safe so they are fun to watch. they always take the risky option when it is availible

"See hero, kill hero" is the most entertaining strat.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I missed draft phase, but what did FNC first pick? They drafted a mostly AD comp and let GMB get Ahri & Reksai.

And went back to Zed.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

What the gently caress is Huni doing? Why does Fnatic have 2 frozen hearts against Double AP?

I have questions.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I am so happy that Diamond is crushing again.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

:lol::lol::lol: Huni?!?

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Real obvious that fnatic prepared heavily for SK and didn't even think about Gambit

Bankerfox
Oct 11, 2012
Huni has cracked under the pressure; that or nobody is communicating at this point on that team.

jinpachistar
Dec 25, 2012

Jerkface posted:

I missed draft phase, but what did FNC first pick? They drafted a mostly AD comp and let GMB get Ahri & Reksai.

And went back to Zed.

I'm pretty sure they first picked Zed.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Yellowstar has mobi boots, I think fotm, and upgraded sightstone. That's it.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

That was a terrible engage but they're just too far ahead for it to matter I guess

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Gambit looks impressive. Cabochard has been the only consistently great player since IEM but consistent play in the midlane make them an interesting dark horse.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I appreciate how good Betsy is doing, but if I hear "Heavens to Betsy" one more time I may murder quickshot. He's said it at least 5 times in this single game.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Libertine posted:

What the gently caress is Huni doing? Why does Fnatic have 2 frozen hearts against Double AP?

I have questions.

Holy poo poo these item choices. I, too, have questions.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Cabochard was amazing that game.

Mr. Sickos
May 22, 2011

Quickshot is really on point today

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
i loved that they just went mid and engaged under the tower instead of killing the inhibs with baron like a sane team

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Febiven is a pretty good mid, he should really start playing something other than Zed.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

as a Gambit fan: :)))))

Even Edward played really well that game, drat

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

another heavens to betsy

thanks casters your days are numbered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

gently caress you Gambit, you're just going to do good for a few weeks then start breaking hearts again.

• Locked thread