Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Guys, I'm beginning to suspect we're not going to get that PC release of WWE 2K15 :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Great White Hope posted:

I've seen so many teams with three low-level Legendary VII golds online that I now understand how all of these Mobile games make tons of money.

For those who haven't done the numbers, a Legendary VII gold costs about 1.6 million WWE money, so a trio costs 4.8 million.

At 100 bucks for about a million, a team of three Legendary VII golds costs 500 bucks, and even more if they upgraded moves/gear to max.

There was a glitch at some point where you could fudge with the loading screen and get multiple copies of any character card while only being charged once, and it's not too difficult to earn the 200K needed in 2 or 3 days of regular playing. I never did it because I assumed it'd be real easy to tell who did if they ever decided to crack down on it, but I figured that's why so many players have level VII golds.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

triplexpac posted:

Guys, I'm beginning to suspect we're not going to get that PC release of WWE 2K15 :ohdear:

I never really expected it.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Just wrapped another KOTR quarterfinal, and I now have a duplicate Survivor diva. It's Cameron, so not great, but a step up regardless.

EDIT: Looks like she's the second-worst Survivor Pro, above only Eva Marie. Better than nothing!

ZDar Fan fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Feb 18, 2015

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

ZDar Fan posted:

Just wrapped another KOTR quarterfinal, and I now have a duplicate Survivor diva. It's Cameron, so not great, but a step up regardless.

EDIT: Looks like she's the second-worst Survivor Pro, above only Eva Marie. Better than nothing!

With low tier survivor pros its best to only level them to 'will beat all legend pros+RtG singles' level. I maxed my crow Sting and Jericho, but Roman, Summer and Mizdow are staying at the legend pro +1 level. Can't quite decide whether to keep my RTG pro sting at ~3k all stats to beat up on survivor pros or max it to compete with the other pro RTG stings

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

how does this even happen? this is from wwe 14 by the way

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Bard Maddox posted:

the Survivor Pros aren't fully leveled because they're at the perfect sandbag level in KOTR to get a Survivor card with minimal effort

I have quite some ways to go but getting there slowly, I'm starting to win legendary KOTR's easily now so I can start to build a legendary pro team in order to try and break into winning Survivor KOTR's.

The new Fusion cards may actually help.

And on Fusion cards there are several people with 3 pro fusion cards, I imagine these are two fusion cards pro'ed together like normal. If this is the case thats a hell of alot of money spent.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
OK, according to 2K15, Punk should still be WWE champion, because I sure as gently caress can't beat him as the Rock in this story mode. Mostly because the game is really, really finicky about where you can do the People's Elbow from.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Blasmeister posted:

With low tier survivor pros its best to only level them to 'will beat all legend pros+RtG singles' level. I maxed my crow Sting and Jericho, but Roman, Summer and Mizdow are staying at the legend pro +1 level. Can't quite decide whether to keep my RTG pro sting at ~3k all stats to beat up on survivor pros or max it to compete with the other pro RTG stings

Thanks for the pointers; I've been thinking about how to game this for maximum benefit. I overleveled my Survivor Pro Orton to level 45 before I stopped, but now I know for the next Pro I can pick up.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Got the Hall of Pain DLC and finally beat Randy Orton with Mark Henry. Quite a struggle.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Just encountered a very strange enemy character in an Immortals pvp match. Name was Randy Orton Alt, title was Age of Orton. Appearance is just silver Lesnar. Names for all abilities are just variations of "Randy Orton Placeholder". Talent enhancements also have placeholder names, but the art assets are already there - left one is him doing the release the doves pose, middle one is him with Evolution, and right one is just him looking angry. He's got greenish areas of skin in these pics, suggesting they're going with a viper-man aesthetic. Dunno what his passive is since the description just says placeholder, but he looks like he has impressive base stats.

Looks like we know who the next challenge reward is!

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Gaz-L posted:

OK, according to 2K15, Punk should still be WWE champion, because I sure as gently caress can't beat him as the Rock in this story mode. Mostly because the game is really, really finicky about where you can do the People's Elbow from.

The engine's been really, really finicky about that for like ten years.

This series is never going to get better until Yuke's gets kicked to the curb.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Jonny Angel posted:

Just encountered a very strange enemy character in an Immortals pvp match. Name was Randy Orton Alt, title was Age of Orton. Appearance is just silver Lesnar. Names for all abilities are just variations of "Randy Orton Placeholder". Talent enhancements also have placeholder names, but the art assets are already there - left one is him doing the release the doves pose, middle one is him with Evolution, and right one is just him looking angry. He's got greenish areas of skin in these pics, suggesting they're going with a viper-man aesthetic. Dunno what his passive is since the description just says placeholder, but he looks like he has impressive base stats.

Looks like we know who the next challenge reward is!

I'll be surprised if the next challenge reward isn't The Rock, since he's now the only person released with only one character.

rare Magic card l00k fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Feb 19, 2015

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
There's also Kane.

When I fought the "Orton" he behaved just like a CyBrock. The art assets for Orton were definitely there, but maybe it was just a glitched CyBrock showing assets for an Orton that was supposed to get released but got scrapped / delayed.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Daniel Bryan posted:

Got the Hall of Pain DLC and finally beat Randy Orton with Mark Henry. Quite a struggle.

Was it worth it at all? Did you play the Christian one?

I'm contemplating whether to get the season pass now that 2 are out or just wait to buy the Warrior one separately because it has the best roster additions.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I find it kind of crazy that THQ would decide that a Mark Henry storyline mode is something that people would pay for.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Everyone here seemed to be very up on the Hall of Pain as it was happening.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

projecthalaxy posted:

Everyone here seemed to be very up on the Hall of Pain as it was happening.

Oh yeah it was a good angle and a high point in Mark Henry's career for sure. Just when I think of "storylines I would want to pay money for in a video game" I don't think of anything involving Mark Henry.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

triplexpac posted:

I find it kind of crazy that THQ would decide that a Mark Henry storyline mode is something that people would pay for.

2K. The Christian one is worse and more repetitive than the Henry one I'm sure and actually has you play as the title character of the Showcase unlike Christian's.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Blast Fantasto posted:

Was it worth it at all? Did you play the Christian one?

I'm contemplating whether to get the season pass now that 2 are out or just wait to buy the Warrior one separately because it has the best roster additions.

Christian was okay. Starts hot and then goes out in a whimper.

Mark Henry one is also okay. The big lumbering guys aren't very fun to play with in these games.

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit
Both Showcases are 9 matches each and should only take an hour and a half tops to finish. I cannot wait for the Warrior one for the best additional characters.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Daniel Bryan posted:

Christian was okay. Starts hot and then goes out in a whimper.

Mark Henry one is also okay. The big lumbering guys aren't very fun to play with in these games.

You're playing it on PS4/Xbone right? They are probably much more weak with their mobility compared to PS3/360's stamina system.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

KungFu Grip posted:

You're playing it on PS4/Xbone right? They are probably much more weak with their mobility compared to PS3/360's stamina system.

Yes.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Timby posted:

The engine's been really, really finicky about that for like ten years.

This series is never going to get better until Yuke's gets kicked to the curb.

Which is true, but how hard can it be to arrange it so the spinebuster leaves you in the exact position to do the move?

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

As someone who sandbags the poo poo out of KOTR, holy poo poo SuperCard needs to do something about matchmaking in KOTR.

I went from a KOTR where 4 people (besides me) were running RTG Sting, Batista & Nikki to one where only 2 people even have a survivor pro in their hand. One person has survivor pro Eva Marie, the other a Survivor pro Miz. Other than that it's all legendary pros or single survivors.

There's no way I should be teamed up against a bunch of people I can just walk over. It's disheartening to 15 other people who just get crushed. At least in the other KOTR 30% of the people had the same cards as me and the vast majority of others were running a bunch of pro survivors.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Now I haven't played SuperCard in a while but are you complaining that when you manipulate the rules to gain an advantage (that's what sandbagging is right? Getting higher tier cards into a lower tier?) you then have an advantage against people who haven't done that? Seems like an evident solution.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
How does one obtain the purple crafting material in Immortals? I need one to unlock the 30% crit chance on Face Paint, but haven't obtained any through scrapping yet.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Jonny Angel posted:

How does one obtain the purple crafting material in Immortals? I need one to unlock the 30% crit chance on Face Paint, but haven't obtained any through scrapping yet.

According to the forums, you need to scrap 3-star gear for that, but it's not possible to get 3-star gear yet.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Strange. Why do I see people in PvP with crit chance all the time, then?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Jonny Angel posted:

Strange. Why do I see people in PvP with crit chance all the time, then?

It's possible I'm wrong and/or those people are dirty, dirty cheaters.

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

projecthalaxy posted:

Now I haven't played SuperCard in a while but are you complaining that when you manipulate the rules to gain an advantage (that's what sandbagging is right? Getting higher tier cards into a lower tier?) you then have an advantage against people who haven't done that? Seems like an evident solution.

Because the system is inherently broken in that in that you shouldn't be able to do that. And no, I'm not sandbagging into a lower tier. I'm just not running a full survivor team in survivor KOTR. Hence why I'm saying they need to rework their matchmaking.

Me, who's running a team of RTG cards, should not be getting matched up against 15 people are are solely running legendary pros/single survivor teams, even if I'm sandbagging. Others running RTG cards, full Survivor pro teams, PCC pros, and fusion cards? Yes, I should be getting paired with those people. Not people who are trying to work their way through survivor level, or only have a couple survivor cards.

The current KOTR system is broken in how it matches people up, and the only way people currently advance is 1) get good enough cards to sandbag 2) Sandbag the poo poo out of KOTR. That shouldn't be the case. As it stands is the only means of steady advancement, so I do it (well I'm going to stop after the current KOTR, but only because I'm purposely going to throw the next few for fusion fodder). But that doesn't mean it's fair, or how it should be. It's just the way it is because they don't want to fix the matchmaking system to function better.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Haha yeah my last KOTR had me running a team of just Legendaries, sandbagging a bit with common tag teams.

I got ran over in the first round by someone running Survivor Pros, not sure how he got down to my bracket.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
New Immortals update:

quote:

Get ready for a RKO out of nowhere as Randy Orton joins WWE Immortals! And fire up for the Daniel Bryan Evolved Challenge. We’ve also added 3-star Gear to the game, and did someone say bug fixes? Bug Fixes! YES! YES! YES!

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Just got my first Legendary VII through daily packs and wow is Show a tank that takes a billion years to kill anything :(

E: Stats from the gold packs I've pulled:

8 Show
4 Bryan + BM5 reward
2 Cena
6 Reigns
4 HHH
3 Trish
4 Taker + BM6 reward

CubsWoo fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Feb 20, 2015

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

CubsWoo posted:

Just got my first Legendary VII through daily packs and wow is Show a tank that takes a billion years to kill anything :(

Big Show is great to have come in and take signatures if you have something else good at killing.

He is the most annoying thing in the world to have as your one good character.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Heeeeeeeeeere'a Randy

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

oh boy a bronze

E: Gold Randy may only be available in the $10 starter pack

CubsWoo fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Feb 20, 2015

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding
Does he have a special "poo poo in a diva's bag" move?

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Daniel Bryan posted:

Heeeeeeeeeere'a Randy

That's an awfully fancy way to describe restholds...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Evolved Bryan challenge is up, tiers are:

- Bronze only
- Sheamus must be on team
- Bronze/Silver only
- Reigns must be on team
- HHH must be on team