Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Here, look at this Gelé instead!

That cat got some mighty fine biscuits baking, right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon
From Nemi a page or two ago, but the in-comic caption just really resonated:

NO!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that was horrified by that industrial accident.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

He's the guy with the rifle, and he's been lying throughout this whole goddamn mishmash of a story to make himself look better. This raises the question of why and how the story is being relayed solely through a guy who either wasn't present (this accounts for over 90% of the 15 months of meandering horseshit on display) or tells self-aggrandizing lies that make no actual sense and contribute nothing to the tale of Brain-Damaged Bill, i.e. what she is supposed to be actually loving trying to find out.

But considering that Brooke has her still talking to this idiot hell geezer, odds are good that she'll come home somehow knowing the true story, or at least facts that she couldn't possibly know because he couldn't possibly know them either. Because why waste such a masterful story on an unreliable narrator??

I don't even remember what she is trying to find out. I don't remember why it's been in WWII for a year and a half now, aside from the fact Brooke has been meandering about nothing. I don't remember anything. Perhaps I am blessed.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Mehuyael posted:

Why is Reply All woman dating Zed from DbD?

I can't unsee him as the dad from Heavenly Nostrils.

Also, sign me up for Jungle Patrol, they got quite the selection of cakes in that cafeteria!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Indolent Bastard posted:

Intelligent Life

That's a lot more than Skip's ever loving done.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I'd just like to say that It's All Right Chief Dharma is sorely missed.

I may or may not have named a cat I adopted "Chief" because of that comic.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

What's with that look on her face? Is she going to break up with Mr. Gray now so that she can make peace with the ding dong?

Sally Forth

The Amazing Spider-Man

"Thank goodness he 'accidentally' murdered that man. Oh, poo poo! He's trying to save the man's life! Peter, you dumbshit!"

Juliet Jones

What an odd thing to promise yourself.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Good Listener posted:

I don't even remember what she is trying to find out. I don't remember why it's been in WWII for a year and a half now, aside from the fact Brooke has been meandering about nothing. I don't remember anything. Perhaps I am blessed.

Yeah, who cares? This Axis and Allies snoozefest has never made any sense.

What was all that stuff about the homage to that one movie with the hitchhiking? Months and months of that goddamned standing by the side of the road trading halfwit barbs about nothing.

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

What's with that look on her face? Is she going to break up with Mr. Gray now so that she can make peace with the ding dong?

Evans isn't that great at matching expressions to the tone of the writing.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I was going to say something about Spidey being able to take punches from superhumans, a bit of a fall won't hurt him, but his weakness is masonry and there might be a paved floor.

goatface fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Feb 21, 2015

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Really Pants posted:

That's a lot more than Skip's ever loving done.

And what's wrong with being stationed in Pensacola even? Haha, Skip Barry isn't a badass SEAL that shot Bin Laden, what a loser!

e; getting the characters confused

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Feb 22, 2015

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

MariusLecter posted:

And what's wrong with being stationed in Pensacola even? Haha, Skip isn't a badass SEAL that shot Bin Laden, what a loser!

Saying that he tasted the world implies that he went places, but ha ha he was just stationed in the US!!

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I'm too nice of a guy to be a soldier.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Pajama Diaries

Quincy, 1975-12-08.

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon
Classic Funky

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Don't "shhh!" me, you rich bastard!

Tiggum posted:

Pajama Diaries

Hey. Arlo & Janis wants you out of their territory.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hahahahah :3:

Also this prompted me to go read up about this strip and its creator. It had a good long run from the 40s!

quote:

By the time her children became adults, Links felt the strip no longer represented teens, as she told columnist Caen, "Everything I know about teenagers today is unprintable." Thus, she brought Emmy Lou to an end in December 1979.

Hell of a run.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

SynthOrange posted:

Hahahahah :3:

Also this prompted me to go read up about this strip and its creator. It had a good long run from the 40s!

Hell of a run.
Good on her for ending it instead of just having it slowly morph into bizarre out of touch "KIDS THESE DAYS" stuff.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Dustin

Just a friendly reminder that both the writer and artist are in their 50s.

Bleeker

Skip is going to grow up to be an old-school purist.

On the Fastrack

Like bait is weaker than click bait

Safe Havens

So... what's it like losing to mass carriers (of pathogenic disease)?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

I think the main drawback to this is if you got gas your head would start to smell like farts.

Mary Worth

Rex Morgan MD

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Zereth posted:

Good on her for ending it instead of just having it slowly morph into bizarre out of touch "KIDS THESE DAYS" stuff.

Taffy talking to truckers on her CB radio, SOME GIZMO punchline...

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Howard Beale posted:

Taffy talking to truckers on her CB radio, SOME GIZMO punchline...
Actually I sort of want to see that now. SOME GIZMO about stuff that's horribly archaic by our standards, etc.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hahahah their mugs have the Phantom's mark on it. :allears:

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (December 24, 1927)

Peanuts (Februrary 24, 1968)

Funky Winkerbean

Popeye

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (September 3-4, 1926)

Hmmm, maybe he is going to work in a machine shop.

For what it's worth, I looked up "degloving" after the horror from Friday's machine shop panel. And that's why I'm up at 3 in the morning. :stonk:

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

Rape culture! Ha ha!

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Yup. It's a fix to force the sister to marry him. I'm looking forward to how it plays out!

quote:

Big Ben Bolt

I'm not exactly sure how Ben beat this jerk to the Dean's Office, since he didn't know where he was going.

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom

Colonel Weeks is just Captain Weeks with a fake mustache on, isn't he?

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Feb 21, 2015

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big :tinsley:

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

Good Listener posted:

I'm starting to think this story line is going to be longer than World War II ever was. Much like M*A*S*H and the Korean War.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

EasyEW posted:

Out Our Way (September 3-4, 1926)

That is a fine dorg. :3:

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin And Hobbes

Ripley's

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Reply All

Pearls Before Swine

Pros & Cons

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

EasyEW posted:

For what it's worth, I looked up "degloving" after the horror from Friday's machine shop panel. And that's why I'm up at 3 in the morning. :stonk:

Ya just had to, didn't you? Told ya! Stuff like not wearing loose clothing, or not wearing gloves does seem counter intuitive, especially when working with grinding or wire wheels (where your hands are really close to the spinning element), but it's standard practice. It does tend to make you more nimble, though -- you only have to accidentally wire brush the top of your index finger once for that to happen.

Non Sequitur

IDGAF if it's healthy or not. If it tastes great, I'll eat it.

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

9 Chickweed Lane 2/21/2004

Wow, Juliette, I'm surprised you allowed such an apparently massively defective set of genes that are your brother or sister even exist. See what happens when you don't kill them off when they're young?

Zits

Kevin & Kell

He's right. I get all my garden seeds from Burpee, and I'm usually deluged this time of year with tons of catalogs from other seed places that Burpee apparently sold my address to.

BlankIsBeautiful fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Feb 21, 2015

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

9 Chickweed Lane 2/21/2004

Wow, Juliette, I'm surprised you allowed such an apparently massively defective set of genes that are your brother or sister even exist. See what happens when you don't kill them off when they're young?

Hey, I remember that uncle! He's the one that got diagnosed as gay by Ghulk! Brooke taught us three very important lessons in that arc:
1. The concept of "gaydar" is vulgar and offensive. Gay people do not have gaydar, they merely have the ability to identify other gay people on sight, as if by magic.
2. If you suspect a happily married acquaintance of gayitide, the proper action is to break up his marriage.
3. One easy way to identify gay men is to evaluate their family situation. Have they been married for many years and has this marriage produced numerous children? Sounds like a flaming homo trying to over compensate to me! Nobody but the gayest of gay men would have so much sex with a woman.

Thanks for your contribution to society, Brooke!

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Brooke is awful, always has been, always will be.
Cul-de-sac is always amazing though.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set engages in some class warfare.

Working Daze is apparently designing a kitchen simulation app.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

SynthOrange posted:

Hahahah their mugs have the Phantom's mark on it. :allears:

Branding is very important.

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that
I vote Mother Goose & Grimm for worst comic in thread. Worse than Kevin and Kell, worse than Brookemaw, worse than Foob. Possibly the worst comic of all time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Is Mother Goose and Grimm even worse than Luann?

(Yes, it is.)
Luann

Sally Forth

The Amazing Spider-Man

Aww. :3:

Juliet Jones

• Locked thread