Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

It would help if Dan would describe how the 3-day thing is a cool feature that expands gameplay options, or how densely populated the world is with tons of unique sidequests, instead of just saying "But it's so weird and dark!" over and over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Dan goes on an awful lot of first dates and I think the reason is because he keeps taking them to wrestling events and video game theme bars.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

Oxyclean posted:

Dan defending Majora's Mask :patriot:

How can these people hate Majoras Mask so much.

some people are too stupid to slow down time

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Verisimilidude posted:

Dan goes on an awful lot of first dates and I think the reason is because he keeps taking them to wrestling events and video game theme bars.

The same bar over and over again, the staff are starting to place bets every time

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Liquid Penguins posted:

some people are too stupid to slow down time

lol

HeyCrapOnThis
Jul 3, 2002

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Wow Dan reaaaally hates the new Kirby game. Two stars.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

this hurts my eyes, stop it right now, fiend

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

I don't want to go on living the boring life of a celestial forever.

katkillad2 posted:

I've never even heard of this Dan Ryckert guy, personally I don't trust anybody at Giant Bomb with Nintendo stuff except Patrick Kelpick.

And yea, after they moved into a proper place and Ryan passed away I haven't been much of a GB fan anymore.

lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

that's a pretty normal thing to think, idgi

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

A Spider Covets posted:

this hurts my eyes, stop it right now, fiend

The picture's color is really saturated, too.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
How has Dan never eaten mustard?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

EPIC DAN: wtf is this? [kicks over a vacuum]
2014 GB Audience: LMAO! ohhh daaaan!! [installs Gone Home]

spacebrospiff
May 2, 2013

what would the 2015 audience do?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Watch a gone home lets play.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Dan is epic but why that is, seems to be lost on most of the people in this thread, so I don't like to talk about him here.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

the look on drew's face on Eye of the Ryckert

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I thought he did that with Game Informer already.

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

http://www.polygon.com/2015/2/18/8065965/tim-schafer-says-negative-reaction-to-molyneux-was-way-out-of

lmao

just

lmao

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Dan beat up something that was giving him legit anxiety attacks. :bahgawd:

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tender Bender posted:

It would help if Dan would describe how the 3-day thing is a cool feature that expands gameplay options, or how densely populated the world is with tons of unique sidequests, instead of just saying "But it's so weird and dark!" over and over.

Asking anyone at GiantBomb to get into any sort of analysis on a game deeper than "oh yeah it's neat" or the "this looks pretty good" or the best "the grind in this game is pretty good" is asking a lot apparently.

For people that play games for a job they sure don't know much about what makes a good one.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They're smart enough to know that nobody wants to listen to that crap, and wants to hear Jeff just raise his voice and get angry about 30 year old video games and stuff.

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.
For all of the bar-lowering these chuckle-fucks have done to the words "Premium" and "Podcast" lately, I would legit re-up for an all retro game podcast with Jeff and person other than Brad or Dan.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

i'd watch a weekly thing where drew plays il-2 and talks aboutjoysticks for 2 hours

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

They're smart enough to know that nobody wants to listen to that crap, and wants to hear Jeff just raise his voice and get angry about 30 year old video games and stuff.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Wow everyone on staff hates brad wow

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
evolve ql was funny
*brad runs off and dies alone*
"play your loving class, jesus christ"
*rest of staff nervously laughs*

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

StabMasterArson posted:

i'd watch a weekly thing where drew plays il-2 and talks aboutjoysticks for 2 hours

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011

Copper Vein posted:

For all of the bar-lowering these chuckle-fucks have done to the words "Premium" and "Podcast" lately, I would legit re-up for an all retro game podcast with Jeff and person other than Brad or Dan.

I like their retro game quick looks for this reason. Jeff sure can go on about those old games/systems. Dunno if a podcast would work with the staff they have.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

I want a podcast where all the wrestling fan bombers do commentary about a match and if you play the match at the same time the audio syncs up a la darkside/oz

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I think if Ryan was alive he could do it. They always seemed to go off about older games together.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Copper Vein posted:

They did like 20 hours of this with the arcade room series

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Shoehead posted:

I think if Ryan was alive he could do it. They always seemed to go off about older games together.

Yeah Jeff + Ryan was always a winning combination if you just wanted dudes shooting the poo poo about retro games, I don't really know what the closest comparison is now though

I love Brad because he's like the wildcard of the bunch, even if you know everyone on the Giant Bomb team and the games they like/are good at, Brad will always surprise you with what he's good and bad at

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I, for one, am never surprised to see that Brad is bad at a video game. In fact I'm not sure what he's actually good at.

Rannos22
Mar 30, 2011

Everything's the same as it always is.
Yes when I think "wildcard" Brad Shoemaker is the first thing that pops into my mind as well. Also I've finally regained the ability to walk after my lobectomy.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Funnily enough the lady in the Evolve video called him a wildcard too right after I made that post, I wonder if we all got our lobectomies at the same place

Rannos22
Mar 30, 2011

Everything's the same as it always is.
Oh well if a woman said it it must be true

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Rannos22 posted:

Oh well if a woman said it it must be true

She's the only person on the staff that's any good at the game so.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Big fat guy w/head so big and fat it makes his glasses look tiny: Gee I wonder why Dan only goes on first dates, couldn't be related to him always taking them to bibeo james or wrestling events, right? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Big fat guy w/head so big and fat it makes his glasses look tiny: Gee I wonder why Dan only goes on first dates, couldn't be related to him always taking them to bibeo james or wrestling events, right? :v:

lol