Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

At the very least they need to get logos like that ready for the current guys the next time they do an Old School Raw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Thauros posted:

At the very least they need to get logos like that ready for the current guys the next time they do an Old School Raw.

If they do this, I hope Erick Rowan's has a little wine glass

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Cena SOLD for the spider!

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

ZDar Fan posted:

Of all the people to show up for that spot I was shocked it was him.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Germ Incubator posted:

Awesome, I just made an account with Tenso to try and order through the njpw site but this is even easier

MiketheGreat posted:

I just ordered it from Amazon's Japanese site. Total came to about $25 CAD with shipping to Canada.

Ordering anything from Japan is kind of a mistake if you're hoping to get it anytime in the near-to-mid future. There have been serious delays at West Coast ports due to labor and equipment issues for the past six months. Stuff that was expected to arrive in September / October was getting offloaded and distributed in January.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

OK this is bugging me, that Rockers logo on the middle-right is wholesale ripped off from something else, font and all, and I can't think of what. Maybe I just had a Trapper Keeper that looked exactly like it.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

sticklefifer posted:

OK this is bugging me, that Rockers logo on the middle-right is wholesale ripped off from something else, font and all, and I can't think of what. Maybe I just had a Trapper Keeper that looked exactly like it.

It makes me think of the opening to

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Feb 18, 2015

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Well it's basically cliche late 80s/early 90s style, but yeah, I feel like there was a teen sitcom or Nickelodeon cartoon with the same thing at the time. Wouldn't surprise me if whoever did the WWF logo art at the time was just taking influence from pop culture.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

sticklefifer posted:

Well it's basically cliche late 80s/early 90s style, but yeah, I feel like there was a teen sitcom or Nickelodeon cartoon with the same thing at the time. Wouldn't surprise me if whoever did the WWF logo art at the time was just taking influence from pop culture.

It was bugging me now too so I found another

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

looks like Goosebumps to me

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

sticklefifer posted:

Yeah, I think it's just an example of the style of the time, much like the "grunge fonts" later that decade. Dont' necessarily think it's based on any one exact thing.

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*

Mr. Carlisle posted:

It was bugging me now too so I found another

Yep, Rockers Modern Life was the first thing I thought of too!

Timby posted:

Ordering anything from Japan is kind of a mistake if you're hoping to get it anytime in the near-to-mid future. There have been serious delays at West Coast ports due to labor and equipment issues for the past six months. Stuff that was expected to arrive in September / October was getting offloaded and distributed in January.

I'm in the UK also it's only a couple of magazines so it's cool I don't need them urgently :)

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Germ Incubator posted:

Yep, Rockers Modern Life was the first thing I thought of too!

Turn the page, Superkick.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

Your Bob Seger impression sucks

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
ESTO ES LUCHA

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

lucha is cool because this is the second time in a couple months i've seen someone toss a full case of beer at someone

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
http://i.imgur.com/psyxaMS.jpg

Mayweather/Paquiao is on for May 2, Motherfuckers!

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
So who zip tied who around a corner of a ring to get that done?

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Forceholy posted:

http://i.imgur.com/psyxaMS.jpg

Mayweather/Paquiao is on for May 2, Motherfuckers!

Should I still care about this? Like, it would have been cool in 2008.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

ZDar Fan posted:

Alright I need some context for this, it looks amazing :allears:

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

parks and rec is the best

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
That Legion of Doom logo looks like the Raw is War logo from the attitude era.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

Alright I need some context for this, it looks amazing :allears:

one of the characters has his own pee wee's playhouse show and he thought john cena stole his guitar (when john cena found the guitar and brought back to him) so he forced him to the dunk tank where an escaped spider sat.

NotQuiteQuentin fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Feb 21, 2015

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

DEAR RICHARD posted:

It's going to break the all-time PPV buys record. Mayweather's sitting at -275 right now or something, but I'm reminded of the South Park episode where Satan throws the boxing match against Jesus because of those odds.

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

DEAR RICHARD posted:

Its less exciting now I guess but man when those two touch gloves at the fight's start its going to be an unreal feeling

Plus you know Floyd is going to do some legendary promotion work for this one

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

PRIDE, eh?

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014

dsriggs posted:

PRIDE, eh?

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
In honor of WWE's hilariously petty video against CM Punk, let's take a look back at another bully :qq: moment.

"This advertisement was rejected by the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal. However a modified version will be published in New York Times financial section this Wednesday" - Vince McMahon at the end of Raw 02/05/1996

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

What is this about?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

joshtothemaxx posted:

What is this about?

If I had to guess I'd say Kenta came out?

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Heh, I literally had the exact same idea about a year and a half ago when I was at a different job.

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

I think Willie is just as disgusted with that stain streak as I am.

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!

joshtothemaxx posted:

What is this about?

Top: "PRIDE is a man's job, Q&A with Kiyoshi Tamura"
Middle: "In the "Matsuzaka Generation" of the puroresu world, there is one more from NOAH, KENTA"
Bottom: "The long-awaited COMING OUT"

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Clearly it's a reference to a cotillion. KENTA makes a lovely debutante.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Don Fujii is mister steal ya girl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Internet Cool Dude Jeevesmeister made this in honor of the Shinsuke/Tharpe twitter feud: