Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Fuzz posted:

For those looking for a grip for their New XL:

http://www.eachmall.com/goods-43600-51876.html

Worth a shot, for me it ended up being just over $7 for shipping to NJ, so I'm gonna try it out and see if it's a flimsy piece of poo poo or actually pretty good. We'll see!

Quoting from the Monster Hunter thread, gonna see how it pans out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

Liquid Penguins posted:

and I thought my mm edition was hosed

And here I was, freaked out that I dropped my MM N3DS down the stairs while it was in it's slim hard case. It's rather amazing, really, how sturdy those things are. The console fits so snugly and has about 15+ games cart worth of cushion that I don't think it even got damaged at all.

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

I have this. It's awesome but a little short compared to the one in the picture. I think they may have sent me one cut for the old XL. Not a big deal, though.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

The Duck of Death posted:

I have this. It's awesome but a little short compared to the one in the picture. I think they may have sent me one cut for the old XL. Not a big deal, though.

Does it actually feel like leather or is it that super cheapy "suede" material they make those janky screen wipe cloths out of?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

io_burn posted:

Does it actually feel like leather or is it that super cheapy "suede" material they make those janky screen wipe cloths out of?

I reviewed the 3DS one for a site awhile ago. It's good.

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

It's ultrasuede so not real leather, but it doesn't feel like cheap junk. The construction is generally solid. Also works pretty well for cleaning the screen and outer surface.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!
Welp gently caress it, $17 down the drain. I could've had people scout three 3DS's for that and had some leftover for jerky. :mad:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Still waiting for my SFbags suede sleeve to show up. I figured today... :negative:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

io_burn posted:

Welp gently caress it, $17 down the drain. I could've had people scout three 3DS's for that and had some leftover for jerky. :mad:

Do you not own a phone? I mean, clearly you have the internet, so that could have helped.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Fuzz posted:

Do you not own a phone? I mean, clearly you have the internet, so that could have helped.

This quote is funny because he works for a site that is dedicated to mobile.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Is there any particular reason why Song of Storms is the E Shop music right now?

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo
I ordered this one, but that is because I wanted a Zelda themed case to go with my MM 3DS.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Raserys posted:

Is there any particular reason why Song of Storms is the E Shop music right now?

Majora's Mask just came out.

e. https://www.etsy.com/listing/215387733/legend-of-zelda-majoras-mask-3ds-xl-case?ref=shop_home_active_5 That is a good case if you want to match your MM 3DS

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

Fuzz posted:

I actually live in squalor and am using the library computer right now.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
I've got a bunch of old things to register with Club Nintendo, but I'm in the UK. It says US/Canada only, and there's a UK store... but the offerings on the UK store aren't nearly as nice. Can I register cross-region or is it gonna kick me out and eat my codes if I try?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Enallyniv posted:

I've got a bunch of old things to register with Club Nintendo, but I'm in the UK. It says US/Canada only, and there's a UK store... but the offerings on the UK store aren't nearly as nice. Can I register cross-region or is it gonna kick me out and eat my codes if I try?

Give them to me and I will test them out.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
The code I tried (before I could register) does get recognised by the US site, but I've just realised that the game I'm registering is a US import. :v:

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

KillGizmo posted:

Finally picked one up. What case are you guys using to keep this baby safe?

PDP makes a "Pull & Go Folio" case that is great... here is a link to their garish NSMB2 version:

http://www.amazon.com/Super-Mario-B...words=3ds+folio

Why it is better than other cases:

1. No chance for metal zipper pulls scratching or rubbing off the finish on your 3DS (the outer cased has a zipper, but your 3DS is inside a velcro pocket)
2. Removable "pocket" sized case for when you want to get coins or whatever
3. Holds 29 games
4. Holds the charger
5. Has space enough space to also house one 3DS 18 card game case (or one regular DS case, but what the gently caress would the point of that be) thus upping your total on hand physical games to 47 games

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Where do I buy a hori, amazon is sold out.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

probably ebay or just wait on amazon

not sure if any big box retailers carry them

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Awesome! posted:

not sure if any big box retailers carry them

Toys R Us carries them.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Etrips posted:

Toys R Us carries them.

Sweet. 3dsxl work for n3dsxl I assume.

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Feb 20, 2015

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

That's nice, thanks. My old 3DS picked up a ton of fine scratches from being in my bag.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Bombadilillo posted:

Sweet. 3dsxl work for n3dsxl I assume.

yea the screens are the same size

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
iFixit got a teardown video up of the New XL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnvHYuWGQJU

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

I am loving the poo poo out of my N3DS. Since I never had the system I always figured Fire Emblem: Awakening was a standard JRPG (of which I'm not into that genre) so I downloaded the demo because everyone says how good it is and wow was I wrong. I picked the full version up today and it's amazing. It's like Advance Wars with a fantasy setting, cool story and deeper strategy. Good poo poo.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
so i guess i need to call nintendo and get this thing replaced. anyone know how long that takes?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

corn in the bible posted:

so i guess i need to call nintendo and get this thing replaced. anyone know how long that takes?

Couple weeks I figure.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

corn in the bible posted:

I was told my repair will take 10-14 business days. It's been 2 and it suuuucks.

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

I am loving the poo poo out of my N3DS. Since I never had the system I always figured Fire Emblem: Awakening was a standard JRPG (of which I'm not into that genre) so I downloaded the demo because everyone says how good it is and wow was I wrong. I picked the full version up today and it's amazing. It's like Advance Wars with a fantasy setting, cool story and deeper strategy. Good poo poo.

Wait, this is your first exposure to FE? Have you been living under a rock, son? Wait til you find out that the formula hasn't changed a whole lot from when the series was on the DS, GBA, Wii, Gamecube...

IRSmurf
Mar 27, 2010

That looks ideal. But I wouldn't recommend WaterField's flashier case. I bought the Vita version of this one: http://www.sfbags.com/products/nintendo-3ds-xl-gear-pouch-pro

IRL, it looked like a hooker's sequin clutch.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

This would be nicer if it had some sort of flap with a button or latch to prevent the thing from sliding out.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

IRSmurf posted:

IRL, it looked like a hooker's sequin clutch.
so it's fabulous?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

My MM n3DS has finally arrived. :toot:

Too bad it showed up the day after I beat the game depicted.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
The moon looked really cool on my way home from work tonight so I bought Majoras Mask. Guess I'll finally see what all this fuss is about. Goodbye weekend!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wildtortilla posted:

The moon looked really cool on my way home from work tonight so I bought Majoras Mask. Guess I'll finally see what all this fuss is about. Goodbye weekend!

Day of the first day. 72 hours remain.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

I know I've seen a lot of people confidently saying "this is what Nintendo thinks" but I just can't recall any statements out of them.

I mean, I'd believe it if there were technical issues but some of the ones people bring up don't seem like massive obstacles. Don't downloadable Wii games on the WiiU function similarly, with an actual Wii chip taking over the system and turning off some console functions?

That's right, but the Wii at least natively had a Home menu. The GBA hardware in the original DS was designed to just run the cartridge from a slot, and then turn off when done so there's at least some work to be done to make it able to call out to the operating system properly.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I read for a few weeks before release about the new 3ds coming out, I hadn't bought a nintendo item since the first wii, I forgot that there always seems to be a shortage of nintendos latest hardware on release day, so on Wednesday, 5 days after release, I looked at the closest Target and Best Buy stores, definitely all sold out. Today, looked at Target's website after work, found out they had some red ones in stock at the San Rafael store in California, went there straight after work and found they one last red one sitting in the case, found the closest electronics guy and said i'd take it, picked up a copy of Pokemon too, Monster Hunter out of stock, guy at register said they only had 2 copies since release WTF. Of course I just realized the DSi charger works for it, but not my old DS, guess it's off to Target to grab the charger and check for Monster Hunter.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
I was out of country on launch day so I've been waiting for my local Gamestop to get more N3DSes in. What do I need to bring to the store in order to do a system transfer? Does the system transfer include saved games? Should I just buy an N3DS from Wal-Mart, do all the transfer stuff at home, and sell my Link Between Worlds XL on Craigslist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Volcott posted:

I was out of country on launch day so I've been waiting for my local Gamestop to get more N3DSes in. What do I need to bring to the store in order to do a system transfer? Does the system transfer include saved games? Should I just buy an N3DS from Wal-Mart, do all the transfer stuff at home, and sell my Link Between Worlds XL on Craigslist?

The System Transfer is everything on the console itself, not the SD card. You'll get a prompt to make that switch during the process. If you haven't done so already, replace the SD card in your current 3DS with a micro-SD card. Most come with an adapter for full-size SD slots, and you can just copy/paste the SD card contents onto your PC and then onto the new micro-SD card before slotting it back into your console.