Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

SaltLick posted:

traveling is one of those things affluent people are able to do so by saddling that on i appear to be better than i am

My cousin is one of those types of girls. Like, her dad's the richest person in the family and she constantly does things with that money and throws it in faces. Like no lie, this was a conversation at thanksgiving:

:j: So, I'm so excited, I'm going to australia to see my new boyfriend! We met climbing Mt Kilamanjaro last summer!

:geno: I uh, went to McDonald's the other day....

:j: So anyways, I recently got to go party in Ibiza, it was so epic...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Male Tears posted:

"No need to be shy, ladies; just line up right here. I can try to make room for you in my busy loving schedule ~~"

that guy could be pretty decent looking if he gave a poo poo and got a decent haircut and lost weight

edit: lol it looks sorta like he photoshopped his balding away or something wtf is w/ the lighting on the top of his hair and the contrast

also i cannot unsee Tim Curry (STEM Curry)

anime was right fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Feb 21, 2015

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Choco1980 posted:

My cousin is one of those types of girls. Like, her dad's the richest person in the family and she constantly does things with that money and throws it in faces. Like no lie, this was a conversation at thanksgiving:

:j: So, I'm so excited, I'm going to australia to see my new boyfriend! We met climbing Mt Kilamanjaro last summer!

:geno: I uh, went to McDonald's the other day....

:j: So anyways, I recently got to go party in Ibiza, it was so epic...

No joke, most tedious date I've had in my entire life was with a travel agent. Not because she went on and on about her own travel (which her position certainly afforded her given the discounts she could wrangle), but because she went on and on and on about the travel that she had arranged for other people. It was the Coffee Date of Pure Vicarious Bragging that was always at least one degree separated from anything interesting about her as a person, and every single effort to deflect the conversation elsewhere was masterfully deflected into another spiel about her work and how good she was at arranging a good time for others. :irony:

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Dr. Snuggles
Dec 3, 2012

Tbh some of us (Pick) use this website more than others and I feel that I am unfairly subsidizing picks posting. Unless some kind of fee by post usage is enabled were basically instituting a forced welfare state of posting.
I think people who have stories are pretty neat and interesting.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Breetai posted:

No joke, most tedious date I've had in my entire life was with a travel agent. Not because she went on and on about her own travel (which her position certainly afforded her given the discounts she could wrangle), but because she went on and on and on about the travel that she had arranged for other people. It was the Coffee Date of Pure Vicarious Bragging that was always at least one degree separated from anything interesting about her as a person, and every single effort to deflect the conversation elsewhere was masterfully deflected into another spiel about her work and how good she was at arranging a good time for others. :irony:

Yeah but how were her titz

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

toggle posted:

--> crippling low self esteem
--> loneliness
religious
fat mum with diabetes
--> trust issuses

take your pick

oooh....maybe I should start an okcupid profile?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

opus111 posted:

Yeah but how were her titz

Not worth the time, effort, and boredom.

Also she mentioned being sarcastic and had a photo of her hugging a tiger in her profile so welcome to the stopped clock being correct twice a day of goon dating advice.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Everyday Lurker posted:

oooh....maybe I should start an okcupid profile?

join the most popular message ignoring site on the web

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lK8lgBCLX8

wet it up

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Wet

It

Up

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

very giood tips thank you for positng this tut

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Chomp8645 posted:

Ok goons, got some brainstorming to do on this one. I found a girl who is attractive and has a reasonably well written profile that shows off her interests and isn't generic or a dumb rant (evidence below). She mentions she's in grad school so she's probably doing something right, and she's the right kind of nerdy that is fun instead grognardy. Then halfway through the profile she drops this bomb.

She is 27 years old. How does someone that seemingly has a lot going for them reach that age without ever having a date? Taking bets on what her dark, terrifying secret is. I sent her a message so maybe I'll find out.

Exhibit A: part of the decent profile

Exhibit B: the picture

What is she hiding you think?

i dont know but it doesnt matter because you're already just as creepy and hosed up as she is because you obviously want to date this chick and posted her profile on a forum

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
"This chick looks cool but THERE' S obv something wrong with her"

Yeah. That's what first dates are for: to find out if her something wrong jibes with your something wrong

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
gently caress, now I want to register on OKCupid and date that woman just to spite the guy who posted about her.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

i dont know but it doesnt matter because you're already just as creepy and hosed up as she is because you obviously want to date this chick and posted her profile on a forum

:eyepop:

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

gently caress, now I want to register on OKCupid and date that woman just to spite the guy who posted about her.

Dude he totally ONLY posted it as a joke, haha, her profile and a picture of her, haha, what a great joke right guys

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Breetai posted:

Not worth the time, effort, and boredom.

Also she mentioned being sarcastic and had a photo of her hugging a tiger in her profile so welcome to the stopped clock being correct twice a day of goon dating advice.

if there's one thing goons know it's the ins and outs of okcupid psychoanalysis

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

probably a good opener

"so i posted your profile on an online forum asking for advice..."

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

"no but it's a GOOD thing it shows i was taking it seriously!"

like a doctor with a second opinion

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
it doesn't matter that she's a virgin, all that pent up sexual frustration will probably go pretty far

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

she's gonna end up a lesbian on a kibbutz

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Paineopticon posted:

Dude he totally ONLY posted it as a joke, haha, her profile and a picture of her, haha, what a great joke right guys

I'm confused about why people keep saying I "posted her profile" like I've done something past the pale when as far I can tell I've only done what happens in this thread constantly. It's not like there was any personal info or way of identifying her. I just screencapped part of the text instead of putting it in a quote bubble.

I don't get it.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Chomp8645 posted:

I'm confused about why people keep saying I "posted her profile" like I've done something past the pale when as far I can tell I've only done what happens in this thread constantly. It's not like there was any personal info or way of identifying her. I just screencapped part of the text instead of putting it in a quote bubble.

I don't get it.

the problem is that you cared

and also all the othe profiles are crazy people while this one seems normal

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Chomp8645 posted:

I don't get it.

the goon protective instinct has been roused by this particular profile out of all the others. their waddles are swelling.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

well friend...

what happened here is some crossed wires

everybody else is posting poo poo in this thread to mock it

you are posting asking what could be wrong with this woman with the obvious intent of asking her out

i won't wait to ask and will just tell you: there is a difference

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

nomadologique posted:

well friend...

what happened here is some crossed wires

everybody else is posting poo poo in this thread to mock it

you are posting asking what could be wrong with this woman with the obvious intent of asking her out

i won't wait to ask and will just tell you: there is a difference

Lot of assumptions being made about me and my motives itt.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

oh sorry, i guess i made an rear end

??

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Chomp8645 posted:

i would try to date that girl for sure

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Chomp8645 posted:

considering all your posts in the E/N online dating thread, I don't think they're really assumptions

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

i would try to date that girl for sure

It wouldn't even be close to the crazies prospect I've had on OKC.

That honor would have to go to someone who was a Combat Robot Pilot turned Pro Gaming girl (or someone pretending to be her for laughs). Never found because either she has no charisma/wasn't interested or it was a fake profile run by the least ambitious troll of all time because while she kept responding to my messages it was always just responses to whatever I said and never anything to drive a conversation forward or initiate anything. After four or five back and forths I just decided to leave well enough alone and move on.

Still curious if it was a fake or not.

e: decided to remove her gaming handle given the circumstances!

I don't know what specific point your trying to prove other than yes I post in another thread that has a related topic.

Meme Poker Party fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Feb 21, 2015

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Chomp8645 posted:

It wouldn't even be close to the crazies prospect I've had on OKC.

That honor would have to go to someone who was a Combat Robot Pilot turned Pro Gaming girl (or someone pretending to be her for laughs). Never found because either she has no charisma/wasn't interested or it was a fake profile run by the least ambitious troll of all time because while she kept responding to my messages it was always just responses to whatever I said and never anything to drive a conversation forward or initiate anything. After four or five back and forths I just decided to leave well enough alone and move on.

Still curious if it was a fake or not.

e: decided to remove her gaming handle given the circumstances!

dude

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

What?

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Please post your okcupid profile. Because. poo poo will be fun for all

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Paineopticon posted:

Please post your okcupid profile. Because. poo poo will be fun for all

I don't need help with it but thanks for offering.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

already prnited out her photo and jacked on it. i claimed her lol owned

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

toggle posted:

Cucked again!

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Chomp8645 posted:

Cucked again!

:slick:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I feel like you're the only one who gets me toggle.

Stay with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

toggle posted:

king of the hill tribute i blew a bigger load shes mine

• Locked thread