Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unoriginal
May 12, 2001

TheHouseofM posted:

I recently bought a Nintendo Club code for a game off of eBay. The seller sent me the code and it asking me to promptly leave positive feedback after I've downloaded it. I decided to check his feedback and the majority of the positive feedback is from people who also bought Nintendo Club codes. Any chance this seller is using not-so-legit coins to get these codes?

I'd say there's a very good chance of that, yes. Nintendo is probably going to delete your game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

TheHouseofM posted:

I recently bought a Nintendo Club code for a game off of eBay. The seller sent me the code and it asking me to promptly leave positive feedback after I've downloaded it. I decided to check his feedback and the majority of the positive feedback is from people who also bought Nintendo Club codes. Any chance this seller is using not-so-legit coins to get these codes?

You're confusing terms here. If you bought an eShop code for a game, then there is a chance it was bought with not-so-legit Club Nintendo coins. If you bought a Club Nintendo code to add coins to your account, probably not as those codes from card inserts.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Bombadilillo posted:

Vita has some bad shooters, and rogue legacy, binding of Isaac, and crap like that. Might be a better fit for your bad game tastes. More bro console then 3ds despite it also being super anime. But honestly no handheld seems like a good choice based on your preferences.

How's fire Emblem strike you? It's mission based and can be as light or heavy strategy as you want. Might be the one thing 3ds has for you.

Yeah he said he likes light-weight shooters and action games, why not spring for a heavy, boring, lovely strategy game?

Real answer is what this dude said in his first part, despite the fact that he used the term "bro console" and also that I think he was trying to say that Binding of Isaac and Rogue Legacy are bad games. In actual fact they are good games and probably exactly what that guy was looking for. As someone that is pretty ok with both systems, you probably want a vita.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Bombadilillo posted:

Vita has some bad shooters, and rogue legacy, binding of Isaac, and crap like that. Might be a better fit for your bad game tastes.

The vita is really good, actually. As is the 3ds

Also yeah the vita sounds like a better portable for him than the 3ds

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Unoriginal posted:

I'd say there's a very good chance of that, yes.

Agreed.

Unoriginal posted:

Nintendo is probably going to delete your game.

Disagreed.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Saagonsa posted:

The vita is really good, actually. As is the 3ds

Also yeah the vita sounds like a better portable for him than the 3ds

Are any shooters good? BL2 is a joke, and the 2 I got with my used vita sucked.

Just want the guy to know vita is not a good Console for his fps itch.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

There is all of one actually good shooter on Vita and it's Killzone: Mercenary. Probably one of the best looking games on the system but uh don't go online because the 6 remaining human beings playing it are essentially robots at this point.

edit: Maybe Freedom Wars counts as a third person shooter? I dunno, there's not a whole many actual TPS/FPS games on the platform so if you're buying one just for that genre it's probably a bad idea.

Policenaut fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Feb 21, 2015

TheHouseofM
Feb 13, 2012

8-bit Miniboss posted:

You're confusing terms here. If you bought an eShop code for a game, then there is a chance it was bought with not-so-legit Club Nintendo coins. If you bought a Club Nintendo code to add coins to your account, probably not as those codes from card inserts.

The game was Starfox 64. The seller stated the the code was an eshop code/700 coins. I'm assuming he redeemed 700 coins via Club Nintendo and then gave me the eshop code to use. Has anyone had a game removed by Nintendo?

TheHouseofM fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Feb 21, 2015

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

TheHouseofM posted:

The game was Starfox 64. The seller stated the the code was an eshop code/700 coins. I'm assuming he redeemed 700 coins via Club Nintendo and then gave me the eshop code to use.

He used a Club Nintendo exploit to get 700 coins and then turned it into a redeemable award, then sold that to you.

You got a code that someone essentially "stole" from Nintendo (and some group of kids and/or grandmas by association) but the code works and Nintendo has no way of "deleting" it from you. The guy who made the account will probably be banned unless Nintendo decides that they give negative fucks about Club Nintendo anymore.

Mr SoupTeeth
Jan 16, 2015

Bombadilillo posted:

Vita has some bad shooters, and rogue legacy, binding of Isaac, and crap like that. Might be a better fit for your bad game tastes. More bro console then 3ds despite it also being super anime. But honestly no handheld seems like a good choice based on your preferences.

If you want the best approximation of a crap modern console experience, the Vita is it. Outside of stripped down recent console ports it doesn't have poo poo for must have exclusive titles, but the glut of PSP and PSOne games available make it pretty compelling if you have no other gaming options. I only used mine when the alternative was a phone. That said, I still sold it for a New 3DS and regret nothing now that I can play shootmans and racing games on a PC that wasn't built during the Bush administration. The Vita is seriously a slick handheld that makes the 3DS seem crude, it just doesn't supplement anything terribly well, or have 3D Sega arcade games (get them).

Mr SoupTeeth fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Feb 22, 2015

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

noirstronaut posted:

He used a Club Nintendo exploit to get 700 coins and then turned it into a redeemable award, then sold that to you.

You got a code that someone essentially "stole" from Nintendo (and some group of kids and/or grandmas by association) but the code works and Nintendo has no way of "deleting" it from you. The guy who made the account will probably be banned unless Nintendo decides that they give negative fucks about Club Nintendo anymore.

Nintendo absolutely can delete games from your eShop account.

From someone on 4chan that did the exploit:

Every time you access the eShop on 3DS or Wii U, it checks the rights of your games and they will be gone when you return to the home screen if they've been deleted from your account. I had it happen to me from a Wind Waker code I got on eBay from someone that apparently just stole from a Wii U box.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Feb 22, 2015

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

You already said you play "online Survival type games".

Get a 3DS or go to hell.

seeing you post is starting to make me hate owning a 3DS.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

SeANMcBAY posted:

Every time you access the eShop on 3DS or Wii U, it checks the rights of your games and they will be gone when you return to the home screen if they've been deleted from your account. I had it happen to me from a Wind Waker code I got on eBay from someone that apparently just stole from a Wii U box.

Huh; interesting. Well, maybe you're just hosed, THoM.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

SeANMcBAY posted:

I appreciate that your post is literally your 2 cents. :v:

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

You already said you play "online Survival type games".

Get a 3DS or go to hell.

I have a large amount of disposable income and I wish to purchase a handheld gaming console, but I'm really leaning towards a PS Vita over a 3DS. Why is the 3DS better?

Doorselfin
Dec 18, 2004

You broke my sitar, motherfucker.
Is there a shortage of New Nintendo 3DS units in the States or something?

I'm trying to track down an online retailer that'll ship a unit to Australia (have a US eShop account), but they're nowhere to be found.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Doorselfin posted:

Is there a shortage of New Nintendo 3DS units in the States or something?

I'm trying to track down an online retailer that'll ship a unit to Australia (have a US eShop account), but they're nowhere to be found.

Something about ports, strikes, etc etc. They're a lot easier to find now, though. So, maybe wait a few days and see what's up.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

quick ds cart question:
i found a cart labeled "final fantasy III" for DS

is it japan FFIII or US FFIII? i can't check on my own because my wife is playing pokemon conquest for the rest of the night.

Leo Showers posted:

I have a large amount of disposable income and I wish to purchase a handheld gaming console, but I'm really leaning towards a PS Vita over a 3DS. Why is the 3DS better?

because it has new games that come out for it and isn't mainly a ps4 peripheral. I love my vita more than my 3ds but i also tolerate anime games and remote play my ps4 all the time.

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Feb 22, 2015

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Leo Showers posted:

This is a hosed up question solely because the Vita only has Persona, but the 3DS has Persona Q + a sea of excellent games.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Leo Showers posted:

Especially with the new 3ds face tracking, 3d is amazing and a experience you cannot get anywhere else.

Many good fun games, unless you really like anime....

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

noirstronaut posted:

This is a hosed up question solely because the Vita only has Persona, but the 3DS has Persona Q + a sea of excellent games.
The Vita also has 3 better versions of Monster Hunter but nobody cares because either you play Monster Hunter or you play nothing.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Well anime is pretty important to me, so I guess the 3DS isn't as strong in this regard?

Sorry for the dumb questions, the last game boy I owned was an Advance

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

quick ds cart question:
i found a cart labeled "final fantasy III" for DS

is it japan FFIII or US FFIII? i can't check on my own because my wife is playing pokemon conquest for the rest of the night.

because it has games and isn't mainly a ps4 peripheral. I love my vita more than my 3ds but i also tolerate anime games and remote play my ps4 all the time.

It's Japanese III, the proper III. US III is finally VI as of like the 2000's when they brought over the PS1 ports.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Leo Showers posted:

Well anime is pretty important to me, so I guess the 3DS isn't as strong in this regard?

tons of anime on the ds dude, it's just that the vita has little else but anime

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Bombadilillo posted:

Especially with the new 3ds face tracking, 3d is amazing and a experience you cannot get anywhere else.

Many good fun games, unless you really like anime....

It's really depressing to be stereoblind sometimes :smith:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Leo Showers posted:

the 3ds has anime games too. if you don't have a ps4 or a ps+ back catalog of games, don't get a vita, unless you want to play ps1 and psp games, those are pretty good i guess.

if you do have a ps4 vita becomes a much better buy but we're talking about a system that is losing its google apps in april because no one can be assed to make new ones for a platform that doesn't sell.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

8-bit Miniboss posted:

It's Japanese III, the proper III. US III is finally VI as of like the 2000's when they brought over the PS1 ports.

balls i was hoping it was the one with the robot pants.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Ciaphas posted:

It's really depressing to be stereoblind sometimes :smith:

At least you aren't a dumb idiot and you own a 3DS. You could be a dumb idiot without a 3DS. But you are not.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

balls i was hoping it was the one with the robot pants.

Unfortunately on the Nintendo side, it's only the SNES and GBA version of VI we get.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

forbidden lesbian posted:

seeing you post is starting to make me hate owning a 3DS.

:qq:

Leo Showers posted:

Because it has a lot of really good games and isn't a peripheral for a console with no games

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

noirstronaut posted:

I mean Persona Q is fine for what it is, but let's be honest, it doesn't hold a candle to Persona 4 Golden. That being said, I'll take the system with a wide selection of good-to-amazing games over one with a single stellar game anyday.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

The vita has many good games, as does the 3ds

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

The vita has many good games such as where is your vita after not having used it in over a year

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Is Ironfall not out in the US yet? Otherwise I don't understand the complaint about no shooters on the 3DS.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

The vita has many good games such as where is your vita after not having used it in over a year

Then when you find it, you can use Sony's clone of Art Academy:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Saoshyant posted:

Is Ironfall not out in the US yet? Otherwise I don't understand the complaint about no shooters on the 3DS.

No not yet. I'm eager to try it out too despite the collective "meh" from people who've played it.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Cless Alvein posted:

I ordered this one, but that is because I wanted a Zelda themed case to go with my MM 3DS.

Wow, $25 is a hefty bit to spend on a case, don't you think?
This one is apparently also a Hori, I picked it up a few weeks ago at Toys R Us on clearance for like $9:
http://www.amazon.com/HORI-Retro-Mario-Hard-Pouch-Nintendo/dp/B00DWXUYN0/ref=pd_sim_vg_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=066YT9MDY7EA722X59BM

Sadly they did not have the Luigi version, I totally would have bought that one instead.

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo

raditts posted:

Wow, $25 is a hefty bit to spend on a case, don't you think?
This one is apparently also a Hori, I picked it up a few weeks ago at Toys R Us on clearance for like $9:
http://www.amazon.com/HORI-Retro-Mario-Hard-Pouch-Nintendo/dp/B00DWXUYN0/ref=pd_sim_vg_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=066YT9MDY7EA722X59BM

Sadly they did not have the Luigi version, I totally would have bought that one instead.

It is $16 from Amazon, but I think they're temp out of stock. Which admittedly is still kinda expensive, but I like it.

Cless Alvein fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Feb 22, 2015

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS
I know it's probably been groaned about 100000 times here, but I went and picked up a new 3ds today and it doesn't come with a loving power adapter? That was a surprise when I got home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

BGrifter posted:

Going away on a trip and I've settled on Link Between Worlds for a Zelda game, but I'm still on the fence about a Mario title. I know Super Mario 3D Land is the more popular title, but I hated Mario 64 and haven't touched a 3D Mario since. NSMB2 looks more like Super Mario World, my favourite Mario title.

Anyone want to take a stab at convincing me to go with 3D Land despite hating Mario 64 and loving Super Mario World?

I hated Mario 64 and Sunshine and have always thought they were overrated poo poo. I love Mario 3D Land, it's a well-done transition of the 2D formula into 3D and the hype is well deserved.