Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Howard says a lot of stupid poo poo, usually when he's fighting with Gary, but I absolutely agree with him when he refers to how important keeping a great job is (as most people would). His interview with Billy Corgan a few years ago is an example of that, when he asks Billy about the other members of the band, why they had to go and lose a great thing (not exactly what happened, but close enough)... I feel the same way with Artie. Why the gently caress would you rock the boat with stupid poo poo and get yourself fired from the greatest job in the world? Seriously, I'd be horrible at it but in some universe where I'm not, I would kill for the chance to go into the studio every day and just joke around with Howard and everyone.

It feels like Fred is the only one who REALLY gets that. I know he quit in the past, but that's old news. Robin knows she's (somehow) integral to the show, and Gary has been doing little things on the side, like the book and the tech show ("Sonos, boff."), but Fred has the show, that's his only job, I don't think he thinks he's absolutely 100% necessary, but is he going to do something stupid to test that now? Absolutely not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

AxeManiac posted:

I think he is upset he had the dream and lost it, while most people never get the dream.

It's similar to what the poster above me mentioned: how many times has Artie talked fondly of his time on the Howard Stern show? He doesn't seem like he'll ever get over that, and it leads to this shame spiral of depression.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

JB50 posted:

How can you feel bad for Artie when hes had fame riches and women and just continues to make the same mistakes over and over again?

Robert Downey Jr figured it out eventually why cant Art?

Because bad choices are a symptom of addiction man. It's not like it's just easy enough to "Oh I'm gonna quit." Addiction leads to bad choices.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Howard says a lot of stupid poo poo, usually when he's fighting with Gary, but I absolutely agree with him when he refers to how important keeping a great job is (as most people would). His interview with Billy Corgan a few years ago is an example of that, when he asks Billy about the other members of the band, why they had to go and lose a great thing (not exactly what happened, but close enough)... I feel the same way with Artie. Why the gently caress would you rock the boat with stupid poo poo and get yourself fired from the greatest job in the world? Seriously, I'd be horrible at it but in some universe where I'm not, I would kill for the chance to go into the studio every day and just joke around with Howard and everyone.

It feels like Fred is the only one who REALLY gets that. I know he quit in the past, but that's old news. Robin knows she's (somehow) integral to the show, and Gary has been doing little things on the side, like the book and the tech show ("Sonos, boff."), but Fred has the show, that's his only job, I don't think he thinks he's absolutely 100% necessary, but is he going to do something stupid to test that now? Absolutely not.

You're right. And what's funny is Fred could have a fairly lucrative career doing voice over work, I'm sure. Hell, that's what I'd do when the show ends. Small home studio, voice over work, and just relax.

Moniker fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Feb 21, 2015

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
Edit: sorry for double posting

Moniker fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Feb 21, 2015

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Moniker posted:

Because bad choices are a symptom of addiction man. It's not like it's just easy enough to "Oh I'm gonna quit." Addiction leads to bad choices.

I mean I get that it's incredibly frustrating watching someone with talent and wealth absolutely waste it but some of you guys sound like Howard asking Artie why he can't just play chess instead of doing heroin in the middle of his withdrawls.

Addiction is a lovely disease that ruins people's lives if it's not constantly managed. You'd think Artie would have hit rock bottom with the suicide and losing the Stern job but who knows what it'll take or if he'll ever get to a point where he wants to be sober. It's pretty loving sad.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Moniker posted:

You're right. And what's funny is Fred could have a fairly lucrative career doing voice over work, I'm sure. Hell, that's what I'd do when the show ends. Small home studio, voice over work, and just relax.

That would be a dream career for me, as well. Sadly, I don't think I have the voice for it. Or maybe I do, I don't know.

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

Riosan posted:

Taken from Reddit, I'm on mobile and can't listen either.
In true Artie fashion, put a loud obnoxious "WAH!" at the end of each of these.

quote:

*He rants about how prostitutes are better than other women because prostitutes are upfront about what it takes to gently caress them.
WAH!

quote:

*He reminiscences about his time on Stern, and how he lost it all and is forced to suck up to third-rate radio hosts to plug his appearances now.
WAH!

quote:

*He says that people who say that he's a loser are right. If he was a winner he'd be at home, with a wife and kids, rather than performing at comedy clubs and whoring himself out on third-rate radio shows for plugs.
WAH!!

quote:

*He complains about how his drug use cost him everything and that he's forced to do a podcast ("who even knows what that is?") and beg for subscribers. Says he's 47 and he doesn't know how long he might live.
WAH!!

quote:

Honestly, the whole thing just seems like him complaining about his drug use and getting fired from the Howard Stern Show.
WAAHHH!!!

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

That would be a dream career for me, as well. Sadly, I don't think I have the voice for it. Or maybe I do, I don't know.

I honestly wonder how much is voice and how much is just pronunciation and a good mic/preamp.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
There are reports that Jon Hein removed all mentions of THSS on his website and from his Twitter bio. After he was asked about it on Twitter, he added it back and responded that "he's live every morning."

Some poo poo is going down and I wonder what it is.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
His bio says Live on Howard 100/101 :confused:

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Ribsauce posted:

His bio says Live on Howard 100/101 :confused:

I just said "After he was asked about it on Twitter, he added it back and responded that "he's live every morning." "

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Outside of being the blowjob king of Michigan (or where ever) what has Jon Hein provided the show outside of the bj stories and his disgusting diet

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

CortezFantastic posted:

Outside of being the blowjob king of Michigan (or where ever) what has Jon Hein provided the show outside of the bj stories and his disgusting diet

That's not the point. The point is that two staff members got fired/left and now he is being mysterious. Who knows what is happening?

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Moniker posted:

I just said "After he was asked about it on Twitter, he added it back and responded that "he's live every morning." "

I'm a dumbass

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

CortezFantastic posted:

He flipped out on Ralph one time on the Friday show, Jonny boy Hein is good by me. even if I am jealous of all the blowjobs he got.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Doesn't Jon Hein critique fast food burgers? If that's not a warning sign for a sociopath I don't know what is.

Also, in regards to Artie, I had a very close friend that I'd known since middle school who's life was eerily similar to Artie's. He always drank and did drugs but at one point he got super hooked on heroin. Bad. It ended with a failed suicide attempt, just like Artie. He managed to clean up for a bit and get a job but he eventually slipped back into his old ways and OD'd a few months back. lovely stuff. I can understand how strong the pull of addiction is so part of me feels like an rear end in a top hat for judging Artie. There's also a part of me who knows he'll never really get clean and will die young.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Feb 21, 2015

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Moniker posted:

That's not the point. The point is that two staff members got fired/left and now he is being mysterious. Who knows what is happening?

There were a few rumors going around that Howard was offered another contract, found it unsatisfactory, declined, and has since called it a day. So instead of being "let go" at the end of the year, the news team, Riley, and other staff members have been trying to make quiet exits.

Coheed and Camembert fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Feb 21, 2015

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

His contract is up at the end of 2015, correct? I know this sounds selfish, but I'd be pretty irate if he didn't re-up, just because the guy gets $80 million a year to barely show up. (On topic, how many days in 2014 did he actually show up at SiriusXM?)

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I wonder what Eric the Actor would have ended up doing if he had been alive after the end of the show. Probably nothing.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I know this will be like the twentieth time Howard's been on the verge of hanging it up for good, but this feels like it might actually be the end of an era. I haven't even been a listener for a few years, but it'll still be a weird feeling not having Howard anymore, if it's really all done.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.

Sasquatch! posted:

His contract is up at the end of 2015, correct? I know this sounds selfish, but I'd be pretty irate if he didn't re-up, just because the guy gets $80 million a year to barely show up. (On topic, how many days in 2014 did he actually show up at SiriusXM?)

I agree you should re-sign if only to help the fewer and fewer people who work for him to keep their jobs. Howard doesn't owe anybody anything but he barely works as is. Why not keep the gravy train rolling?

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
Is riley still on? Has he said anything about wrapping it up, working less hours? Him and the best of shows are honestly the only thing from 100/101 I miss, but really ToddPacker is just as good if not better.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

haljordan posted:

Doesn't Jon Hein critique fast food burgers? If that's not a warning sign for a sociopath I don't know what is.

Also, in regards to Artie, I had a very close friend that I'd known since middle school who's life was eerily similar to Artie's. He always drank and did drugs but at one point he got super hooked on heroin. Bad. It ended with a failed suicide attempt, just like Artie. He managed to clean up for a bit and get a job but he eventually slipped back into his old ways and OD'd a few months back. lovely stuff. I can understand how strong the pull of addiction is so part of me feels like an rear end in a top hat for judging Artie. There's also a part of me who knows he'll never really get clean and will die young.

Ummm hes 47, a little too late to die young.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Two Kings posted:

I agree you should re-sign if only to help the fewer and fewer people who work for him to keep their jobs. Howard doesn't owe anybody anything but he barely works as is. Why not keep the gravy train rolling?

Everybody makes their own deal right Robin?...Robin?, Fred whats this commercial?

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

I wonder what Eric the Actor would have ended up doing if he had been alive after the end of the show. Probably nothing.

Eric the Show Killer strikes again :rip:

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

He would have finally agreed to perform his long awaited acting roles that Artie suggested, like playing a cockroach in a Raid commercial, or an ottoman in a furniture commercial.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Moniker posted:

There are reports that Jon Hein removed all mentions of THSS on his website and from his Twitter bio. After he was asked about it on Twitter, he added it back and responded that "he's live every morning."

Some poo poo is going down and I wonder what it is.

Moniker posted:

Didn't O&A mention once that a lot of Stern show people had second jobs because they could get away with it due to the schedule Stern had? If Howard's going to end his contract, maybe a lot of them have found new jobs and are just bowing out now.

That would have killed him. In a way, it's good he went when the show was still going, so he didn't just perish of loneliness. It's not like his acting career was going to go anywhere without the show using it for material. It was better this way.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

JB50 posted:

Ummm hes 47, a little too late to die young.

47 is still considered pretty drat young in 2015.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

CortezFantastic posted:

I'm not sure, but Howard loves the poo poo out of him for some reason. I never really got that. I don't get why Howard respects him so much for basically making a TV guide website and selling it as soon as he could. I met the guy, he is super nice and an all around regular dude. But Howard just breezes past stuff he would annihilate anyone else with.

Also 47 is dying young. A fair shake should be at least 60, but Artie has a lot of years knocked off his life with all the demons he has to fight. You don't usually get "hilarious stories" and "good, long healthy life".

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

Two Kings posted:

I'm agreeing with you, but I even more meant that it can't taking a lot out of the guy to show up 3 days a week with 8 (I think?) of those weeks entirely off. I totally get that he doesn't want to be an old relic like Imus, but he already IS a has-been...the chance to "leave on a high note" has long passed.

Plus, those $10 million closet renovations have to get paid somehow.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Didn't O&A mention once that a lot of Stern show people had second jobs because they could get away with it due to the schedule Stern had? If Howard's going to end his contract, maybe a lot of them have found new jobs and are just bowing out now.

I believe it, honestly. But Hein has money doesn't he? Everyone talks like he's rich but I don't think he's worth millions. I think he's got a nest egg but is smart enough to also have other sources of income.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Moniker posted:

I believe it, honestly. But Hein has money doesn't he? Everyone talks like he's rich but I don't think he's worth millions. I think he's got a nest egg but is smart enough to also have other sources of income.

Hey, blow jobs don't pay as much as they used to

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

AxeManiac posted:

Hey, blow jobs don't pay as much as they used to

Don't I know it. :(

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

haljordan posted:

To be fair I agreed with his insane list of reasons Burger King is horrible. The fact that he has it chambered and ready to list at any time makes him wacko.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Spacemonkey57 posted:

To be fair I agreed with his insane list of reasons Burger King is horrible. The fact that he has it chambered and ready to list at any time makes him wacko.

Is there a clip from the show that includes this stuff?

Edit: nm, googled. And Google gave me this...

Jon Hein is a pop culture guru and burger-and-fry aficionado who hosts the The Fast Food Show

What the gently caress does that mean?

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Feb 22, 2015

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Is there a clip from the show that includes this stuff?

Edit: nm, googled. And Google gave me this...

Jon Hein is a pop culture guru and burger-and-fry aficionado who hosts the The Fast Food Show

Couldn't get a real job.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
One time like 8 years ago, he went crazy on JD because they went to Wendy's without him. Apparently, originally the plan was JD and the other back office guys were going to McDonalds, but they changed their mind and went to Wendy's and Hein went nuts. Something like "You know I don't do McDonald's on Wednesday, but if you would have said Wendy's you know I would have gone, did you do this to not got to lunch with me?"

I swear it was pretty much that crazy. I might have the restaurants wrong as it was like 8 years ago. I just remember thinking anyone who gets this worked up over which fast food restaurant you eat at on X day probably has at least 9 bodies in barrels in his basement.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Jon Hein doesn't like half the toppings on an average hamburger so of course he gets this TV show where he eats burgers with tons of toppings that he has to pretend to like.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Here, John shows you the complexity of how a drive thru works

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s9W_Am_vQ0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

He founded Jump the Shark which, believe it or not, was a big deal 15 years ago.