Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HP Artsandcrafts
Oct 3, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentmassen
Oct 17, 2012

FredMSloniker posted:

I was recently reminded of a certain series of commercials:

Did you know that thing was made by this hero to humanity?

Let the myth buster gifs BEGIN!

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Finally, a reason for google glass to exist.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

*Blink to shoot*

Fox News posted:

Man arrested for massacre at a NRA meeting blames allergic reaction

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Fox News posted:

Man arrested for massacre at a NRA meeting blames allergic reaction. The ghosts of the dead still empathize with the shooter and see their deaths as necessary to protect against the potential evils of a government run amok.

You forgot something.

Rick_Hunter has a new favorite as of 01:22 on Feb 21, 2015

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Rick_Hunter posted:

You forgot something.

Emphasize?

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

It's been done.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Suspicious Cook posted:

It's been done.

Is that Aatrek?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

I always lose my poo poo at the parts in the sequel video where you can hear Lowtax mimicking Shmorky from another room.

(ruined my life!)

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

beato posted:

Is that Aatrek?

"He's gonna take you back to his shack"

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Rick_Hunter posted:

You forgot something.

You're right! This is definitely the right thread for that!

actually guns are pretty cool, never mind

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

Raising Arizona

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy

Crossfit Boston Chapter chairman on his way to work.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Internet Wizard posted:

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

Boogie Nights

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

beato posted:

Is that Aatrek?

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Internet Wizard posted:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

:bustem:

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Source on this please.

Steve Holt!
Aug 28, 2006

STEVE HOLT!

College Slice

spookygonk posted:

Source on this please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Izh0cvR1jKg

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Forgall posted:

Three month rule is no longer in effect actually.

Yeah, he just didn't want to do the LP anymore.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
Trigger warning for nutshot

http://i.imgur.com/XFxFxF5.gif

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

That is the weirdest stance I've seen. What's he doing with his left hand? Isn't it getting in the way of his sight picture?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

hooah posted:

That is the weirdest stance I've seen. What's he doing with his left hand? Isn't it getting in the way of his sight picture?

C-Clamp grip, widely popularized by Chris Costa as seen in the gif

Works well for having a good solid shooting platform, while working around a bunch o' poo poo stuck on the end of the riffle (flashlights, lasers, etc) Opinions are divided based purely on it coming from Magpul (Dat stupid Magpul poo poo why I never :911:!)

You might see just the edge of a thumb creep into the bottom of the reticle, but I think it's mostly non-existent unless you have super huge hands

More stupid poo poo

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Sappo569 posted:

Works well for having a good solid shooting platform, while working around a bunch o' poo poo stuck on the end of the riffle (flashlights, lasers, etc) Opinions are divided based purely on it coming from Magpul (Dat stupid Magpul poo poo why I never :911:!)

It was around for a long time before Chris Costa made it popular in the Magpul Training videos. Military and competition shooters have been using it for some time.

To answer why people use that stance, squaring off to your target puts your body armor plates between you and whoever you're shooting at, and it lets you move while shooting a lot easier than the older bladed stance does. Holding the rifle at the end of the barrel like that gives you better control, it brings more of the weight inside of your grip. Take a broom or something, put both hands at the very end and swing it around. Now put one hand farther down and swing it around, you have better control. It's why hockey players don't hold their sticks like golf clubs.

Back to the gifs

Outtakes from a Magpul training video (can't remember which)

Generation Kill

Attack the Block

Internet Wizard has a new favorite as of 17:11 on Feb 21, 2015

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Internet Wizard posted:

It was around for a long time before Chris Costa made it popular in the Magpul Training videos.

To answer why people use that stance, squaring off to your target puts your body armor plates between you and whoever you're shooting at, and it lets you move while shooting a lot easier than the older bladed stance does. Holding the rifle at the end of the barrel like that gives you better control, it brings more of the weight inside of your grip. Take a broom or something, put both hands at the very end and swing it around. Now put one hand farther down and swing it around, you have better control. It's why hockey players don't hold their sticks like golf clubs.

Isosceles provides all the same benefit if done properly, except the tendency is for people to grip the mag/magwell

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Grip and stance are two different things :ssh:

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Fridtjof Nansen
Jun 12, 2013

People find it difficult to resist your persuasive manner.

Internet Wizard posted:

Generation Kill

Generation Kill is great.

Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

subtitles

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Love how he just goes limp there at the end and really a trigger warning?

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Haruharuharuko posted:

Love how he just goes limp there at the end and really a trigger warning?

I don't like seeing people hurt/cripple themselves, no matter how much they deserve it, so I appreciate the thought.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Chard posted:

I don't like seeing people hurt/cripple themselves, no matter how much they deserve it, so I appreciate the thought.

While I get the sentiment I don't think a nutshot really qualifies. Life if it could have been on Americas funniest home videos I don't think it needs a trigger warning or link. (Just me totally willing to be wrong but yeah)

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I've been watching Kamen Rider W.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Internet Wizard posted:

It was around for a long time before Chris Costa made it popular in the Magpul Training videos. Military and competition shooters have been using it for some time.

Internet Wizard posted:

Grip and stance are two different things :ssh:

So which is it, a grip or a stance? :laugh: