Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Pukestain Pal posted:

I know it's probably been groaned about 100000 times here, but I went and picked up a new 3ds today and it doesn't come with a loving power adapter? That was a surprise when I got home.

It's on the box. Front and back.

Though if you don't follow game console news like an aspie sperg then yeah, you wouldn't know any better. (It's me. I'm the :spergin: )

Instruction Manuel fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Feb 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
3D Land is more like a 2D platformer than the generational 3D games we get.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS

Wamdoodle posted:

It's on the box. Front and back.

Though if you don't follow game console news like an aspie sperg then yeah, you wouldn't know any better. (It's me. I'm the :spergin: )

People read the box when they already know what they are buying? I've never bought an electronic product like this that didn't come with any kind of power source.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Pukestain Pal posted:

People read the box when they already know what they are buying? I've never bought an electronic product like this that didn't come with any kind of power source.

I read the box of everything I buy.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

noirstronaut posted:

I read the box of everything I buy.

Dude, I've got enough anxiety over whether my screw practice will pay off or if I can even fit this thing into the pockets of my JNCOs, and now you're expecting me to read poo poo? What the gently caress man.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Suspicious Cook posted:

Then when you find it, you can use Sony's clone of Art Academy:

Oh hey, you found mine, thanks.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ugh, my nu3ds won't show up until Wednesday by 8pm.

Why does walmart have to ship it from New Jersey of all places?!

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Turtlicious posted:

Honestly, Walmart shipping from New Jersey makes more sense than a lot of things. I can't think of a more apt place for Walmart to have a warehouse.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

precision posted:

A $5 eShop game called Excave came out yesterday. It's basically an action roguelike, surprisingly good looking/fun.

e: Well, the one review I found makes it sound a lot less fun. In my defense I haven't played it much so if it's super boring I hadn't noticed yet. drat. :\

When you get a chance to play it more I would be interested in hearing what you think of the game and if it's worth buying. I watched a few minutes of game play on youtube though and it looks like maybe I should just finish my 40-60 hours left of Fantasy Life instead.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Anyone have any experience with the new mario golf? Does it have the rpg mode Camelot used to do on the gba or is it stripped down like mario tennis 3ds was?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Haruharuharuko posted:

Anyone have any experience with the new mario golf? Does it have the rpg mode Camelot used to do on the gba or is it stripped down like mario tennis 3ds was?

It's in-between. It has a mode where you play as your Mii and can walk around the club and talk to NPCs/buy gear. It's not nearly as in-depth as the older ones but it's still fun. The game itself is awesome and worth just for the online tournaments.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

SeANMcBAY posted:

It's in-between. It has a mode where you play as your Mii and can walk around the club and talk to NPCs/buy gear. It's not nearly as in-depth as the older ones but it's still fun. The game itself is awesome and worth just for the online tournaments.

Thanks I'll pick it up tomorrow

Ps it's $25 at best buy right now

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

The funniest scene in House of Cards was when Kevin Spacey was like "Oh is that a P S Vita? I have one and love playing it."

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Tender Bender posted:

The funniest scene in House of Cards was when Kevin Spacey was like "Oh is that a P S Vita? I have one and love playing it."

Did he turn to the camera and wink?

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Tender Bender posted:

Seriously, what game on the Vita would the president actually play?

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Turtlicious posted:

Because the west coast port is on strike and nothing's going through.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

BisterdDave posted:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BisterdDave posted:

Metal Gear Solid. :patriot:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The President actually enjoys Anime and will legalize Anime in Real Life as his final order.

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo

BisterdDave posted:

Criminal Girls and Monster Monopiece. Duh.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

DaveKap posted:

Because the west coast port is on strike and nothing's going through.

I believe they have now reached a settlement and cargo should be good to begin unloading soon.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Tender Bender posted:

There is a scene in the first season where he is literally playing Call of Duty as well. So his role in Advanced Warfare is extra ironic or something. Also he doesn't say he HAS a Vita, he says he has "a system at home" and that he should get a Vita "for car rides". :v:

IIRC Sony gave them a poo poo ton of money for product placement, but in the script there were always scenes where Frank is playing a video game so it's OK. The "is that a PS Vita?" line is the only time it's really cringeworthy and obvious. I'm pretty sure he never actually says he has a PlayStation 3(tm) and I just rewatched the first two seasons. There's just a couple times he plays one and you can see it's obviously a PS3 controller.

Anyway I traded up from a 2DS to a Nu3DS and holy poo poo, the 3D is so good. I had tried looking at the 3D on my gf's regular 3DSXL and it was awful.

But goddamn I hate where the stylus is now, it's much worse for games where you want to put the stylus away often than having the slot on the side. :mad:

Also is there a list of good eShop games somewhere? It's so weird that the better games are randomly hard to find (like Crimson Shroud which I had never even heard of and is like, pretty amazing).

edit: VVVV Conception 2 is also on 3DS if you really want to sex all your classmates :v:

precision fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Feb 22, 2015

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo
Being serious both the Vita and 3DS are great systems. Although, this comes with the caveat that you enjoy all the niche weeaboo games that come out on Vita. I personally like and enjoy stupid poo poo like Neptunia, Conception 2, and Akiba's Trip. I'm actually bummed because my Hyperdevotion Noire LE was supposed to show up today and it didn't. I'm assuming it'll be here Monday with my htoL#NiQ LE. So ymmv on how useful or fun the vita is for you.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

precision posted:

But goddamn I hate where the stylus is now, it's much worse for games where you want to put the stylus away often than having the slot on the side. :mad:

I really think they hosed up the N3DS by moving the cartridge slot, power button, and stylus all to the bottom of the console. The placement of everything on the 3DS XL is perfect in my opinion and shouldn't have been messed with.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

In the commentary for House of Cards, the Vita scene is vigorously defended on the grounds that in a real conversation people will mention real products, but the problem is that no one on earth says "Pee Ess Vita" out loud.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I would vote for a president that had a 3DS. "I love the Kirby" Got my vote, bud.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cless Alvein posted:

Being serious both the Vita and 3DS are great systems. Although, this comes with the caveat that you enjoy all the niche weeaboo games that come out on Vita. I personally like and enjoy stupid poo poo like Neptunia, Conception 2, and Akiba's Trip. I'm actually bummed because my Hyperdevotion Noire LE was supposed to show up today and it didn't. I'm assuming it'll be here Monday with my htoL#NiQ LE. So ymmv on how useful or fun the vita is for you.

I agree the Vita's a really nice piece of hardware, it just doesn't have the push for good software that it needs to stay afloat in the mainstream market.

BisterdDave posted:

I really think they hosed up the N3DS by moving the cartridge slot, power button, and stylus all to the bottom of the console. The placement of everything on the 3DS XL is perfect in my opinion and shouldn't have been messed with.

I've just put it down to them shuffling everything about to get the most out of increased specs, including the switch to micro-SD cards. It's a jumble puzzle of "how can we make everything fit in the same frame?"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

BisterdDave posted:

The position of the Power button along with how awkward it is to actually press makes me think they put it there to encourage people to literally never turn their 3DS's off, which makes sense for Japan but the only StreetPass's I have ever gotten have been from my gf or one of her friends, and we live in town with a college that has an anime club!

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

precision posted:

The position of the Power button along with how awkward it is to actually press makes me think they put it there to encourage people to literally never turn their 3DS's off, which makes sense for Japan but the only StreetPass's I have ever gotten have been from my gf or one of her friends, and we live in town with a college that has an anime club!

If the 3DS had the same battery life as the Vita does while in sleep mode then I'm pretty sure I'd never turn mine off.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I've mistaken the power button and the stylus on a few occasions now and it feels like a bit more effort to get the stylus back into the slot but I guess I'll just deal with it.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Does streetpass work across regions? I am moving back to Japan soon and I need more people to beat the stupid mini games. I won't have a japanese 3ds though.

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

SeANMcBAY posted:

Online play is worthless because there are people who eagle literally 75% of holes. That's a hole in one on all but one or two par 3s out of the whole 18 holes. I'm already a +9 handicap and I've gotten one hole-in-one ever, and never an eagle on a par 4.

I don't even see how it's possible unless you can max all the stats. But so far after 40 coins the gear doesn't seem any better than most of the stuff at the beginning.

Still a fun as hell game. Online play is just the last reason on the list IMO.

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

Does streetpass work across regions? I am moving back to Japan soon and I need more people to beat the stupid mini games. I won't have a japanese 3ds though.

It sure does! You can get streetpasses from any region 3DS as far as I know.

Also, I don't have a N3DS yet, but I don't think the power button placement will be a problem as I almost never use it :v:. I literally can't remember the last time I actually powered the system off.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Fryhtaning posted:

Online play is worthless because there are people who eagle literally 75% of holes. That's a hole in one on all but one or two par 3s out of the whole 18 holes. I'm already a +9 handicap and I've gotten one hole-in-one ever, and never an eagle on a par 4.

I don't even see how it's possible unless you can max all the stats. But so far after 40 coins the gear doesn't seem any better than most of the stuff at the beginning.

Still a fun as hell game. Online play is just the last reason on the list IMO.

Make some goon friends and play with them? If I am near Best Buy, I will pick it up for 25 bucks.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

BisterdDave posted:

If the 3DS had the same battery life as the Vita does while in sleep mode then I'm pretty sure I'd never turn mine off.

I'm pretty sure all the 3DS models can stay in Sleep Mode for like, literally a week?

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

precision posted:

I'm pretty sure all the 3DS models can stay in Sleep Mode for like, literally a week?

I've heard less than that, I really should run a test myself. I know at one point I pulled my Vita out from my drawer after having not used it for at least 2 weeks and I guess I had left it in sleep mode the whole time. drat thing still turned on. Color me impressed.

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!

BGrifter posted:

Going away on a trip and I've settled on Link Between Worlds for a Zelda game, but I'm still on the fence about a Mario title. I know Super Mario 3D Land is the more popular title, but I hated Mario 64 and haven't touched a 3D Mario since. NSMB2 looks more like Super Mario World, my favourite Mario title.

Anyone want to take a stab at convincing me to go with 3D Land despite hating Mario 64 and loving Super Mario World?

raditts posted:

I hated Mario 64 and Sunshine and have always thought they were overrated poo poo. I love Mario 3D Land, it's a well-done transition of the 2D formula into 3D and the hype is well deserved.

Echoing as someone who didn't like Super Mario 64 for a long time (but I've started liking it a bit while playing the DS version recently) 3D land is a great game, even if I did trade it in once I completed it.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

BisterdDave posted:

I've heard less than that, I really should run a test myself. I know at one point I pulled my Vita out from my drawer after having not used it for at least 2 weeks and I guess I had left it in sleep mode the whole time. drat thing still turned on. Color me impressed.

Its easy to test this out on the vita since there is nothing to play.

No one knows how long the 3DS can last because people actually play it regularly.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Any goon favorites for a case of some kind?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Its easy to test this out on the vita since there is nothing to play.

No one knows how long the 3DS can last because people actually play it regularly.

As someone who has both I can tell you the 3DSxl lasts for about 3-4 days in sleep mode if wifi is turned on and around a week if its turned off. The Vita in sleep mode can last for weeks like really I left it in sleep mode for 3.5 weeks and it still had like a quarter life that thing is incredible.