Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Etrips posted:

Any goon favorites for a case of some kind?

I splurged a bit and bought this one:

http://www.sfbags.com/collections/nintendo-3ds-cases/products/nintendo-3ds-xl-cityslicker-case

Looks ridiculously nice, though. Otherwise the hori dura flex seems to be a popular option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Etrips posted:

Any goon favorites for a case of some kind?

I have this one because it's cute and I, too, am cute. Also it has two pockets - one for the 3DS XL itself, and one that can easily fit one of these game cases and a USB charge cable.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
I'm finding it hard to locate a new (small) 3ds case, it seems like nobody has made any yet. I have my eye this one but it doesn't come out until March 6th.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Cless Alvein posted:

Being serious both the Vita and 3DS are great systems. Although, this comes with the caveat that you enjoy all the niche weeaboo games that come out on Vita. I personally like and enjoy stupid poo poo like Neptunia, Conception 2, and Akiba's Trip. I'm actually bummed because my Hyperdevotion Noire LE was supposed to show up today and it didn't. I'm assuming it'll be here Monday with my htoL#NiQ LE. So ymmv on how useful or fun the vita is for you.

I already feel embarrassed by the amount of anime poo poo on the 3DS so if I could vote to make the vita illegal I would.

Also if I never played the original Majora's Mask would I love the remake? I'm guessing everyone complaining is just being a nerd and reminding us all they liked a dark purple game about being dead or whatever even way back when they were 11.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

extra stout posted:

I already feel embarrassed by the amount of anime poo poo on the 3DS so if I could vote to make the vita illegal I would.

Also if I never played the original Majora's Mask would I love the remake? I'm guessing everyone complaining is just being a nerd and reminding us all they liked a dark purple game about being dead or whatever even way back when they were 11.

Yes, you'll like the Majora's Mask remake, unless you just plain wouldn't like Majora's Mask anyway. It has a lot of improvements and the bulk of the complaints are "it's different" rather than "it's worse."

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

ImpAtom posted:

Yes, you'll like the Majora's Mask remake, unless you just plain wouldn't like Majora's Mask anyway. It has a lot of improvements and the bulk of the complaints are "it's different" rather than "it's worse."

I think I'll pick it up, everything different about Ocarina 3D actually just felt better to me.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

motherfucking beaver race is pissing me off. I'm peeved the camera doesn't follow you when you're swimming. Also why the hell does Link turn like a goddamn tank underwater.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

glassyalabolas posted:

motherfucking beaver race is pissing me off. I'm peeved the camera doesn't follow you when you're swimming. Also why the hell does Link turn like a goddamn tank underwater.

New Nintendo 3DS Chat: motherfucking beaver race is pissing me off. DO A SYSTEM TRANSFER!!!!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

glassyalabolas posted:

It's worse in the original because Zora Link only had two speeds of 0 and :rice:. Be thankful for what you have.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's worse in the original because Zora Link only had two speeds of 0 and :rice:. Be thankful for what you have.

did the camera work better?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there a handle thing for the nu3ds that holds cartridges?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

glassyalabolas posted:

did the camera work better?

Let me put it this way; Missing a ring in the 3D version is something you might actually recover from. Missing one in the N64 version is a complete race-ender because you'll spend far too much time trying to circle around into the one you missed.

And no, no it didn't.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Vegastar posted:

Looks ridiculously nice, though. Otherwise the hori dura flex seems to be a popular option.

Any idea if it will fit on the new 3ds?

Edit: nevermind it doesn't come out March 3rd. Guess I'll use a sock for now

Etrips fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Feb 22, 2015

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

precision posted:

There is a scene in the first season where he is literally playing Call of Duty as well. So his role in Advanced Warfare is extra ironic or something. Also he doesn't say he HAS a Vita, he says he has "a system at home" and that he should get a Vita "for car rides". :v:

IIRC Sony gave them a poo poo ton of money for product placement, but in the script there were always scenes where Frank is playing a video game so it's OK. The "is that a PS Vita?" line is the only time it's really cringeworthy and obvious. I'm pretty sure he never actually says he has a PlayStation 3(tm) and I just rewatched the first two seasons. There's just a couple times he plays one and you can see it's obviously a PS3 controller.

I just hope there's an upcoming scene where he slowly strangles someone to death over an Amiibo.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The worst I saw was on agents of shield last year, Patton Oswalt excitedly asks agent Coulson if he plays Call of Duty and Coulson goes "... of... Course... I... Do... But that's not important right now" add if it's physically paining Clark Gregg to say it.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

So I'm looking online for a N3dsxl case and I have a walmart gift card and I found kind of the most insane thing I've ever seen. A combination 3dsxl case and two way radio

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Cane-Wireless-Chat-Pak-CPK2201-XL-Protective-Case-with-Radio-Talk-Feature-for-Nintendo-3DS-XL-Black/37841436

IRSmurf
Mar 27, 2010

Leo Showers posted:

I have a large amount of disposable income and I wish to purchase a handheld gaming console, but I'm really leaning towards a PS Vita over a 3DS. Why is the 3DS better?

Navigating the OS and launching games is so much faster on the n3DS than the Vita. It's easier to pick up and go on the 3DS than the Vita. Subjectively, I'd say 3DS has more good games. You can't get anything like *.Mario.* games, Phoenix Wright, or other Nintendo classics on Vita. There's no substitute. I just sold this Vita for $270 on eBay: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3699474

If you've got a large amount of disposable income, you shouldn't waste your time asking for advice on which console to buy. It costs $400 for both. I've spent that much on drinks and sushi in a single date. Only poors buy and stick to one console. [Disclosure: Am currently a poor, awaiting visit from job fairy.] Buy both and you can enjoy Hotline Miami AND Super Mario 3D Land; Killzone Mercenary AND Monster Hunter 4; Persona 4 AND Bravely Default.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

Haruharuharuko posted:

So I'm looking online for a N3dsxl case and I have a walmart gift card and I found kind of the most insane thing I've ever seen. A combination 3dsxl case and two way radio

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Cane-Wireless-Chat-Pak-CPK2201-XL-Protective-Case-with-Radio-Talk-Feature-for-Nintendo-3DS-XL-Black/37841436

Its about time we got back to the weird as gently caress accessories from the GBC era.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Haruharuharuko posted:

thats for parents who want to talk to their kids playing 3ds in the woods maybe

IRSmurf posted:

Navigating the OS and launching games is so much faster on the n3DS than the Vita. It's easier to pick up and go on the 3DS than the Vita. Subjectively, I'd say 3DS has more good games. You can't get anything like *.Mario.* games, Phoenix Wright, or other Nintendo classics on Vita. There's no substitute. I just sold this Vita for $270 on eBay: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3699474

If you've got a large amount of disposable income, you shouldn't waste your time asking for advice on which console to buy. It costs $400 for both. I've spent that much on drinks and sushi in a single date. Only poors buy and stick to one console. [Disclosure: Am currently a poor, awaiting visit from job fairy.] Buy both and you can enjoy Hotline Miami AND Super Mario 3D Land; Killzone Mercenary AND Monster Hunter 4; Persona 4 AND Bravely Default.

have both. would recommend.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

IRSmurf posted:

It costs $400 for both. I've spent that much on drinks and sushi in a single date. Only poors buy and stick to one console. [Disclosure: Am currently a poor, awaiting visit from job fairy.]

What the gently caress

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I'm more confused by the first half of that line than the second half. What the gently caress kind of overpriced booze did you blow $400 on anyway?

EDIT: I consider most wine to be overpriced, for the record.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

vita is also less than 200 dollars so you got crazy ripped off on your 3ds

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Does N3DS stand for New 3DS or Nintendo 3DS and, when the next one comes out will it be the NU3DS? What about New U3DS.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Nolgthorn posted:

Does N3DS stand for New 3DS or Nintendo 3DS and, when the next one comes out will it be the NU3DS? What about New U3DS.

N3DS and Nu3DS are being used interchangeably for the New 3DS, at least in this thread.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Was N3DS also used for the old 3DS?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Nolgthorn posted:

Was N3DS also used for the old 3DS?

Not that I recall here. Maybe some people are.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
New Nintendo 3DS Chat: They Named the Sixth DS the New 3DS

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

I actually kind of think calling it the New 3DS is a bit of marketing genius, the point of which is getting people to talk about literally "the new 3ds" to which someone will respond "but that's old" etc. It's a much better name than Wii U for example.

If Wii U was called the New Gamecube people would at least have known it was a new system.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nolgthorn posted:

I actually kind of think calling it the New 3DS is a bit of marketing genius, the point of which is getting people to talk about literally "the new 3ds" to which someone will respond "but that's old" etc. It's a much better name than Wii U for example.

If Wii U was called the New Gamecube people would at least have known it was a new system.

wii u should have been called the Ultra Nintendo Entertainment System and come preloaded with virtual console mario/duck hunt

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

On the other hand its very confusing to people who don't follow every Nintendo iteration. Which is probably a good chunk of parents that will want to buy your shiny new toy but will probably just get an older one cause it's cheaper.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Nolgthorn posted:

On the other hand it doesn't give any indication as to what new features it offers or if it's just a Gameboy Pocket kind of thing, and also when googling it you'll find a bunch of results for a brand new "old" 3ds.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah try googling for "New 3DS games" for example. Is Xenoblade the only one announced already? I wouldn't know, because it's loving impossible to Google.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I just realized that it's very likely Nintendo went with "New" 3DS because of the confusion caused by naming the successor to the Wii the Wii U. We need a name that says, this is NOT just an accessory for the 3DS! It's an all new vers-- got it! Good job, Nintendo.

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

glassyalabolas posted:

You can turn on a dime underwater. You just have to stop for a second and you can swim around like you were on the surface. They give you enough time that stopping for a second won't screw you over. Also if you just use L to fix the camera it should follow you. The second you use the right thumb nipple, the camera will cease to follow you at all until you press L again. The right stick functionality definitely feels like it was hacked in at the last minute for the N3DS.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

glassyalabolas posted:

Yes it does? No he doesn't? :confused:

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014
drat.... the last few special worlds in 3D land are a nightmare to 100%.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

Does streetpass work across regions? I am moving back to Japan soon and I need more people to beat the stupid mini games. I won't have a japanese 3ds though.

Can I use you as a proxy to fund my retarded retro system collection? poo poo's beyond retarded in pricing to import from ~glorious nippon~ anymore

IRSmurf
Mar 27, 2010

precision posted:

Yeah try googling for "New 3DS games" for example. Is Xenoblade the only one announced already? I wouldn't know, because it's loving impossible to Google.

Xenoblade is the only officially announced exclusive. The lead designer of Pinball Arcade stopped just short of announcing a n3DS-only release: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpsCDkM7OMo&t=197s

Monster Hunter looks and runs better on n3DS: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=993833

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

precision posted:

New Nintendo 3DS Chat: They Named the Sixth DS the New 3DS

New Nintendo 3DS Chat: They Named the Eighth DS the New 3DS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Haruharuharuko posted: