Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Fryhtaning posted:

I had 3 unique parties saved, but each party was only different by 1 or 2 slots. Two full parties would have been nuts.

It's me, I'm the dude who's nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i 100%ed eo4 without changing my party. switched out the medic during post game though since they are boring

Bird Law
Nov 5, 2009

Hummingbirds are a legal tender.
drat, missed the GameStop extra $30 while snowed in I guess, thanks for the info though. I'll still go with the trade to avoid craigslist weirdos AND get my super stable 3D.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I haven't had any luck selling my 3ds xl here (HINT HINT) so I'm going the craigslist weirdo route this week to see if I can sell it

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I haven't had any luck selling my 3ds xl here (HINT HINT) so I'm going the craigslist weirdo route this week to see if I can sell it

Nobody wants your sweaty, disgusting old3DS.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Fuzz posted:

Nobody wants your sweaty, disgusting old3DS.

The hand sweat acts as a natural polish, rear end. If anything, it's worth more!!

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
Okay well now Link between worlds is just difficult, I was totally chilling out on that game now it expects me to do like focussed work in order to beat it.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

precision posted:

It's really good if you like that kind of oldschool PC dungeon crawl updated with 1000% more anime.

The only thing about the game that I can truly say I hate is that it's basically required that you use more than one party (you need one for "farming") and it is just annoying.

did you play a different EO and just assume this always holds true because it's not the case at all in 4.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Bird Law posted:

drat, missed the GameStop extra $30 while snowed in I guess, thanks for the info though. I'll still go with the trade to avoid craigslist weirdos AND get my super stable 3D.

You know, there is the SA Mart

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Nolgthorn posted:

Okay well now Link between worlds is just difficult, I was totally chilling out on that game now it expects me to do like focussed work in order to beat it.

If you are saying Link Between Worlds is hard, and you are not playing on Hero mode, I have no words.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Cake Attack posted:

did you play a different EO and just assume this always holds true because it's not the case at all in 4.

Yeah it's not really a thing in the remake of 1, either-- I think they've moved past that in the 3DS generation of EO games. They're seriously both two of the best RPGs I've ever played, but I guess it depends on what you're into -- they're very crunchy, mechanic-oriented games and very light on skill and dialogue. Grinding is always an option, just like in any game where you can level dudes up by fighting endless random encounters, but if you play smart it's never necessary in the main game

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Ragequit posted:

If you are saying Link Between Worlds is hard, and you are not playing on Hero mode, I have no words.

Help me hardcore gamer you're my only hope.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Nolgthorn posted:

Help me hardcore gamer you're my only hope.

Use gamefaqs, get good, give the game to a child, kill yourself.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Use gamefaqs, get good, give the game to a child, kill yourself.

It seems what I wasn't doing was examining the door to the thieves hangout because it looks like one of those doors you can only open with a switch. I've been struggling to just do other things instead, which is hard because I can't move big rocks. Hold on my carpel tunnel is acting up I'll have to get back to you later.

Call your grandparents they miss you.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Wow. I was pricematching 3DS XLs on Craigslist to see how much to try and sell mine for, and found this guy selling a Pokemon X 3DS XL with 5 games for $90. No idea what the fifth game is (Pokemon X?), but the four pictured are Pokemon Y, Bravely Default, Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, and... Ocarina of Time 3D. Should I e-mail him and tell him he could get way more if he sold OoT3D on its own, or offer him $80 for the bundle?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

enojy posted:

Wow. I was pricematching 3DS XLs on Craigslist to see how much to try and sell mine for, and found this guy selling a Pokemon X 3DS XL with 5 games for $90. No idea what the fifth game is (Pokemon X?), but the four pictured are Pokemon Y, Bravely Default, Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, and... Ocarina of Time 3D. Should I e-mail him and tell him he could get way more if he sold OoT3D on its own, or offer him $80 for the bundle?

Do nothing and let me handle this.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

enojy posted:

Hmmm, should I do the smart thing and make money or be an idiot and tell someone to charge more for something? Real tough question

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Actually I'm betting the games aren't the ones pictured, like every Game Box is just gonna have a copy of Jeff Gordon Racing or something.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I'd consider paying $80 for a Pokemon X 3DS XL and at least one copy of Jeff Gordon Racing just to check it out and see how lovely it is.

Shards of Fate
Apr 19, 2002

They look like monsters to you?
I just got myself a black new 3ds. Did anyone add screen protectors or is it not necessary.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Well, the only problem I see with that plan is that Jeff Gordon Racing was a Gameboy Game, so it will be a little hard to play on the 3DS.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

forbidden lesbian posted:

Hmmm, should I do the smart thing and make money or be an idiot and tell someone to charge more for something? Real tough question

Why would you waste your time buying and reselling unless your time is literally worthless?

Either don't do anything or give the dude a heads up.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Shards of Fate posted:

I just got myself a black new 3ds. Did anyone add screen protectors or is it not necessary.

Some people did and some people didn't. That's all I'll say because the argument that stems from this is dumb.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

enojy posted:

He's in Orlando, it's almost certainly stolen goods. Or a very, very, very stupid person.

RE: Etrian Odyssey 4: Yeah I played it like 3 and had a separate party (well, just two members switched out) for farming because it didn't even occur to me to try it any other way. :shobon:

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

precision posted:

He's in Orlando, it's almost certainly stolen goods. Or a very, very, very stupid person.

"Or"?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
The ad is fake.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
I'm currently working through Majora's Mask and Monster Hunter 4 plus a bit of Layton and the Azran Legacy for when I want to feel smart. I love Persona 4 and the SMT games, should I get Persona Q? Or should I wait until it's inevitably on sale? I am terrible with dollars.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

persona q isn't worth full price, i'd say, wait till it gets put on sale like all atlus games eventually dp

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
What's the cheapest way to pick up Kid Icarus Uprising?

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

Shards of Fate posted:

I have them on both screens, but I think it's only necessary for the touch screen. The one on my old XL got a few scratches from Kid Icarus.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I've had a hard time selling it on Craigslist and don't want to sell it less for $150 since I'm including Mario 3D Land and SMT4. Still no takers.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Etrips posted:

What's the cheapest way to pick up Kid Icarus Uprising?

Either digitally via the eshop, or your local Gamestop might have a physical copy if you don't mind cart-only.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
I've got a 50 dollar Gamestop gift card. Surprisingly few games ship new on their website. Should I get Majora's Mask or Persona Q? I never played MM on the N64, so nostalgia wouldn't come into play.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Volcott posted:

I've got a 50 dollar Gamestop gift card. Surprisingly few games ship new on their website. Should I get Majora's Mask or Persona Q? I never played MM on the N64, so nostalgia wouldn't come into play.

If you have a prior relationship with Etrian Odyssey and liked it, then maybe Persona Q. If not, go with Majora's Mask.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

precision posted:

RE: Etrian Odyssey 4: Yeah I played it like 3 and had a separate party (well, just two members switched out) for farming because it didn't even occur to me to try it any other way. :shobon:

It was a pull. They emailed me back right away saying they already met up with someone and sold it (3 hours after listing, really?) But they were happy to let me know I could get a cheap 3DS on beezid with a referral link!

noirstronaut posted:

The ad is fake.

Haha yeah I got that exact copypasta email.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Volcott posted:

Majora's Mask, Persona Q is fairly mediocre but MM is great

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

I am Leto, Lion of Atreides
Why do all those goofy scam emails have weird extra spaces in between words?

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Did I completely mess something up? Please help.

I bought a New 3DS. Since my 3DS XL had an SD card and the new a 32gb microsd, I cut and pasted all of the files from the SD to the microSD.

I booted the new 3ds, played some of my Zelda OoT cart (didn't even connect it to online) and decided to return it because I really couldn't justify the $200.

Anyway I cut and pasted the files from the microSD to my SD for use in my regular XL.

None of my games show up. None of my downloads. It's like nothing is on the SD card.

When I right click the "Nintendo 3DS" folder on my computer, it has over 8GB of files so I have no idea what the hell could have happened.

Obviously I screwed something up but I don't know what it could be. I am tearing my hair out over here. he;lp

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I bought a New 3DS. Since my 3DS XL had an SD card and the new a 32gb microsd, I cut and pasted all of the files from the SD to the microSD.

I booted the new 3ds, played some of my Zelda OoT cart (didn't even connect it to online) and decided to return it because I really couldn't justify the $200.

Anyway I cut and pasted the files from the microSD to my SD for use in my regular XL.

None of my games show up. None of my downloads. It's like nothing is on the SD card.

When I right click the "Nintendo 3DS" folder on my computer, it has over 8GB of files so I have no idea what the hell could have happened.

Obviously I screwed something up but I don't know what it could be. I am tearing my hair out over here. he;lp

The files are keyed to the new system now and they no longer work on the old system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

You needed to do a system transfer, but since you didn't when you switched consoles initially, I dunno what the problem could be. If you did a system transfer at first and didn't do one back, all your licenses are on that new 3DS you returned.