Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

It's the perfect title for PS4 owners.

that's not even considering how disastrously anime the whole series is but yeah perfect title for the ps4 owner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Yeah lemme just buy something that wasn't readily available and I have to solder it like a pleb instead just picking it up at the store and plugging it in.

I'd ask if you're retarded but you literally bought an X1 just to stream "how bad" it is to internet strangers for hours.

losonti tokash
Oct 29, 2007

I'm so pretty, oh so pretty.
Dude it's totally easy to replace the PS2's power supply, just buy a new one from Rich's PSX Parts, open the thing up and teach yourself how to replace a bunch of poo poo in a console older than the person selling you popcorn at the theater. Just as easy as going down to a pawn shop or whatever and buying something you plug a power cord into.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Yeah lemme just buy something that wasn't readily available and I have to solder it like a pleb instead just picking it up at the store and plugging it in.

I'd ask if you're retarded but you literally bought an X1 just to stream "how bad" it is to internet strangers for hours.

lol soldering

the ps2 power supply is about as hard to replace as the power cable is, if you can change an n64 cartridge you can fix your dead ps2

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

losonti tokash posted:

Dude it's totally easy to replace the PS2's power supply, just buy a new one from Rich's PSX Parts, open the thing up and teach yourself how to replace a bunch of poo poo in a console older than the person selling you popcorn at the theater. Just as easy as going down to a pawn shop or whatever and buying something you plug a power cord into.

if you screw up don't worry you should have four more ps2s to work with, if you don't you aren't a true gamer

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

ethanol posted:

if you screw up don't worry you should have four more ps2s to work with, if you don't you aren't a true gamer

I have two PS2s!! In addition to my two Gamecubes. I am at least half a true gamer. What's the exchange rate for GameCubes to PS2s?

That generation was the worst in terms of broken consoles for me. My fat white 360 still works Actually it can't read discs anymore.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

ethanol posted:

Well yeah, every time my 360 external brick failed I said "I can take this money and either replace it, or do the smart thing and spend less money on an entire PS2."

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

I really should have held out for $750k from Microsoft like Polygon did. :smith:

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Yeah that's great that this exists now 10 years after the PS2 was relevant idiot and not in a store you could actually just buy it from.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
$41 is my right price for Evolve (GameStop frequent flyer discounts), so I bought it for Xbone today. I'm SA Soul Glo on Live if anybody else has it.

Wheany posted:

I wish I had a six figure salary.

Or a salary.

Crafty lives in the UK, so it only translates to about $17,500 USD

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Soul Glo posted:

$41 is my right price for Evolve (GameStop frequent flyer discounts), so I bought it for Xbone today. I'm SA Soul Glo on Live if anybody else has it.

Crafty lives in the UK, so it only translates to about $17,500 USD

Our money is actually worth more than yours so a decent 6 figure burn would have been to point out he's including the pennies after the decimal point.

Exchange rate chat in the bone thread.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

Our money is actually worth more than yours so a decent 6 figure burn would have been to point out he's including the pennies after the decimal point.

Yeah, it's almost like I was joking. Weird.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

i was under the impression all serfs in the uk receive bread, water, and a pleasant domicile for their services, and that all the tangible currency (gold bullion) is handled by the lords so the lowly commoners don't go out and buy stupid needless things like playstation 4s

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

Soul Glo posted:

Yeah, it's almost like I was joking. Weird.

idgi

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

tbh that was a super weak joke. You could have said "I can't believe how many figures are in Crafty's salary" and it would have tied back into the thread pretty much perfectly.

I can't believe the amount of salary chat in the xbox one thread.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

tbh that was a super weak joke. You could have said "I can't believe how many figures are in Crafty's salary" and it would have tied back into the thread pretty much perfectly.

I can't believe the amount of salary chat in the xbox one thread.

take your jokes to the shark tank

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Weighing 600 pounds is not the same as a 6 figure salary.

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006
You can be a winner at the game of LIFE!

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Herr Direktor posted:

You can be a winner at the game of LIFE!

I call being a cop.

Cop's coolest job in LIFE.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nobody here gives a gently caress how much money you make.

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.

marauderthirty posted:

Nobody here gives a gently caress how much money you make.

I thought that was the point of this thread. Make fun of all the rich repressed boners

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

lol look how much more money they make than us welp off to go work retail

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Yeah, 1 GPB is about 1.5 USD, so a 6-figure salary in the UK would be a 9-figure salary in the US.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
the ladies love my 6 and 9 figures if you know what i mean

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Wheany posted:

Yeah, 1 GPB is about 1.5 USD, so a 6-figure salary in the UK would be a 9-figure salary in the US.

100k gbp is not 100 million dollars?

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Xbox One value bundle for those of us without six/nine figure incomes

Three games, two controllers, one The One, $350

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Chairman Wao posted:

Just imagine, if MS had gotten their way you wouldn't even be able to play any games at all on it right now.

I can't play Titanfall or Destiny. It's weird that only my Xbox won't connect to my network.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I liked how the only first party title in microsofts big sale was the steaming turd that is MCC.

Like they really think anyone who was gonna pay for Ryse or Sunset Overdrive hasnt bought it yet.

I looked at the list of games and was made content with my purchase of other games at full retail because there was gently caress all enticing poo poo on that list.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Bass Bottles posted:

Xbox One value bundle for those of us without six/nine figure incomes

Three games, two controllers, one The One, $350

Weird that they'd offer 3 cheap PC games with it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Okay, dumb joking stuff aside I actually do need to upgrade my video card.

Am I 'safe' buying a 970 today or are we looking at new stuff around the corner or something? I haven't been paying attention.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Buy a 970 or go to hell.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Just buy an xbone and then the headset adapter and then some rechargeable batteries, and then a battery charger and then a year of gold and then the tv tuner and then the tv remote. Make sure you pay extra for a kinect too. Use your falsetto.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

For real 970s own and are cheap

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Okay I ordered one.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Glad you finally listened to me :). Having a fun PC rig allows you to play all the best X1 and PS4 games

Get a wii u as well and you're set

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I have everything, except a New 3DS because I'm waiting for Xenoblade.

I have what was a good videocard 2 years ago.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I have a huge boner

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
X-boner was a short-lived member of the X-Men. He got redacted after just one issue.

MrBond
Feb 19, 2004

FYI, Cheese NIPS are not the same as Cheez ITS

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

For real 970s own and are cheap

Isn't that the one where people aren't actually able to use all 4GB of RAM at full speed? I suppose that's one reason why they're getting cheap.

Also I can't believe this thread was actually trying to defend proprietary external power bricks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

MrBond posted:

Isn't that the one where people aren't actually able to use all 4GB of RAM at full speed? I suppose that's one reason why they're getting cheap.

The sad thing is that this doesn't really move it out of its place atop the price/performance curve any. That's just how big the gap between the 960 and 980 is on both metrics and how bad AMD's dropped the ball (and the R300s are yet another refresh!).

• Locked thread