Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
So does Sting main eventing Wrestlemania get him in the Observer Hall of Fame?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.
Anyone know how to add the Observer shows to the Overcast app?

I've tried using the following: http://username:password

But that doesn't seem to work. I get a download failed error. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

EDIT: Never mind. Overcast doesn't support password protected feeds. loving ridiculous.

Viper_3000 fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Feb 23, 2015

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Dave has one hell of a coughing fit right now

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
hahah

"He's got a great point Sting!!!"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

LordPants posted:

hahah

"He's got a great point Sting!!!"

"A bunch of people started up a chant."
"Well... it was one guy."

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Jerusalem posted:

"A bunch of people started up a chant."
"Well... it was one guy."

hahaha

Shows with Bryan's friends that don't really watch wrestling are the best, for some reason.

A lot of it is Bryan and Vinny having to explain this ridiculous bullshit.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Also for the one guy's hopeful attempt to identify Michael Elgin.

".....and he's black, right?"

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
:stare:

That burial on the WOR.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
"last time i thought it was gonna be ray stevens and it ended up being rikishi, so, y'know" lmao

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Also I want to nominate "you could buy tna if you bet on the favorites" as a super sick burn.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Dave burying Vince like crazy holy poo poo

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Oh man, should I listen to B&V first on my hour-long commute or Dave burying everybody? :supaburn:

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Daniel Bryan posted:

Dave burying Vince like crazy holy poo poo

Details man, details!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Details man, details!

Pretty much says Vince is so outta touch the only people who would book better would be "stupid people" and that it's getting so bad he's embarrassed.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

LordPants posted:

Pretty much says Vince is so outta touch the only people who would book better would be "stupid people" and that it's getting so bad he's embarrassed.

Worth subscribing to hear?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
"Vince McMahon, last to the curve, not even in the game with dumbshits." - Dave Meltzer

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Worth subscribing to hear?

Only if you get the $3.99 deal otherwise it's nothing he hasn't said before

Daniel Bryan posted:

"Vince McMahon, last to the curve, not even in the game with dumbshits." - Dave Meltzer

I must have missed this though so maybe it is :stare:

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
It's not some great Vinnie vs TNA rant, but it's a pretty cutting put down of how Vince is pushing someone to the main event of Mania that isn't over. The most telling part is when Dave drops the dumbshits line, Bryan responds along the lines of "wow, that's a bit harsh don't you think?" and Dave does his pause, "ehhhh," pause, continue on response which means "I don't think it's harsh, but I don't want to push it too hard" thing he does sometimes.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
I can't get much into any Dave burial of WWE because the fact is they're going to make money regardless of how stupid the booking is so what does it matter anyway

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Spermgod posted:

I can't get much into any Dave burial of WWE because the fact is they're going to make money regardless of how stupid the booking is so what does it matter anyway

Well it matters in making a good product that's enjoyable to watch, and one that could maybe stave off the slow decline they've been in for many years.

Obviously it's a company that's not going to die. It doesn't make their decisions less infuriating to someone like Dave.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

That was the worst I've heard Dave bury anyone since he went on a 10 minute rant about Cena after a particularly bad Cena match on Raw some time last year.

But Bryan phrased it most succinctly when he said something to the effect of, look, your choice is between the right guy who will have a great match but Vince doesn't support, and the wrong guy who will have a bad match but Vince supports him. Ugh.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Spermgod posted:

This was actually one of his major points.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Did Vinny flip his poo poo about the Ambrose/BNB finish or was he too exhausted to care?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Dave's burial of Vince wasn't one of the funny ones, it was more sad like putting down Old Yeller or something.

Meltzer always had a lot of respect for Vince and would cut him slack, but he clearly can't do it anymore.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

triplexpac posted:

Dave's burial of Vince wasn't one of the funny ones, it was more sad like putting down Old Yeller or something.

Meltzer always had a lot of respect for Vince and would cut him slack, but he clearly can't do it anymore.

Yea I agree with this.

It came across more sad than anything.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

sportsgenius86 posted:

Yea I agree with this.

It came across more sad than anything.

Probably with good reason. Here's the biggest player by far in the industry you've spent upwards of three decades covering, making booking decisions that a clueless oil baroness would make.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

Daniel Bryan posted:

Well it matters in making a good product that's enjoyable to watch, and one that could maybe stave off the slow decline they've been in for many years.

Obviously it's a company that's not going to die. It doesn't make their decisions less infuriating to someone like Dave.

Yeah but it's not remotely cathartic to listen to when you know it isn't actually going to hurt them in any significant way. The total destruction of WCW over a short period was a lot more satisfying to witness in the sense that there were actual catastrophic consequences for all those terrible decisions. It's a lot less fun to berate someone for their stupidity when they experience little in the way of negative consequences.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Did Vinny flip his poo poo about the Ambrose/BNB finish or was he too exhausted to care?

Flipped his poo poo.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Spermgod posted:

Yeah but it's not remotely cathartic to listen to when you know it isn't actually going to hurt them in any significant way. The total destruction of WCW over a short period was a lot more satisfying to witness in the sense that there were actual catastrophic consequences for all those terrible decisions. It's a lot less fun to berate someone for their stupidity when they experience little in the way of negative consequences.

oh dude, are you listening to the Wrestling Observer Podcast for catharsis? I am so sorry.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Figured I'd get in on this $4 for a month of observer thing - where do I stop it auto-renewing? I see there's a 'payment history' section in the Your Account that shows the $4 thing with a cancel link, is that it? Or will I be cancelling my payment or something stupid.

Also, any recommendations of older stuff would be cool.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I've never actually been automatically billed by the Observer. I don't know whether that's just my account or what.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

flashy_mcflash posted:

oh dude, are you listening to the Wrestling Observer Podcast for catharsis? I am so sorry.

I think a lot of people get that out of hearing them tear apart the lovely booking, idk

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Blasmeister posted:

Figured I'd get in on this $4 for a month of observer thing - where do I stop it auto-renewing? I see there's a 'payment history' section in the Your Account that shows the $4 thing with a cancel link, is that it? Or will I be cancelling my payment or something stupid.

Also, any recommendations of older stuff would be cool.

That cancel link cancels the auto renewal

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Spermgod posted:

Well they did just have to make huge budget cuts this year to avoid catastrophic losses because they dramatically overestimated how many people would subscribe to the Network. Or lied about how many people they thought would subscribe to the network in order to artificially inflate stock prices.

It's sad that with the WWE I'm not sure which of these is actually true. I suppose the question is whether better booking and a better product would actually create more subscribers. I'd think so. Not that I expect another Attitude Era boom, but even 150k more serious fans would make a huge difference for the company.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Daniel Bryan posted:

That cancel link cancels the auto renewal

did this, thanks.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
The interview with Jason Hervey on the LAW, along with the way they were hyping it up all through the show was very annoying. Not sure what I was expecting but it was really dumb and they were acting like it was the pinnacle of wit.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Karmine posted:

The interview with Jason Hervey on the LAW, along with the way they were hyping it up all through the show was very annoying. Not sure what I was expecting but it was really dumb and they were acting like it was the pinnacle of wit.

I usually turn it off after Meltzer. Might have to listen to that now.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Dunbar posted:

That was the worst I've heard Dave bury anyone since he went on a 10 minute rant about Cena after a particularly bad Cena match on Raw some time last year.

The Cena match that led to Dave's meltdown was mediocre at worst.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

loving died at Bryan's friend calling the New Day "The Black Spirit Squad"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Marquis de Pyro posted:

It's sad that with the WWE I'm not sure which of these is actually true. I suppose the question is whether better booking and a better product would actually create more subscribers. I'd think so. Not that I expect another Attitude Era boom, but even 150k more serious fans would make a huge difference for the company.

The people who run WWE as a business still don't understand that they can't bait and switch shareholders and generally run a publicly-traded company like a rigged carny sideshow. The people who run WWE creative are either pants-on-head stupid or so invested in backstage politicking that they can't put a cohesive show together anymore.

• Locked thread