Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

drat it, I really want to play Link Between Worlds and Majora's Mask, but every time I boot one up I just think

"You're almost done with that MH armor set, Ciaphas, just one more hunt"

help me :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Don't upgrade if you can because then there's no way to downgrade back to 4.2. Maybe just call Nintendo and ask them to do the system transfer so you don't have to upgrade your original one?

No no, I had two 3DS XLs. One to be upgraded forever, then a 4.5 XL. I system transferred from the forever one to my new and keep my 4.5 XL around. I used Cubic Ninja one my forever one, but then upgraded beyond 9.2 to do the system transfer. I can still use Blarg on my 4.5 XL, but it'd be a hassle to carry around one for SNES emulation and another for 3DS games when i could, ideally, get a DSTWO and manage to do both.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Hey Square please stop everything you're doing and give me Final Fantasy Tactics. Thanks!

xoxoxo

ps WiiU version would also be acceptable.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

noirstronaut posted:

No no, I had two 3DS XLs. One to be upgraded forever, then a 4.5 XL. I system transferred from the forever one to my new and keep my 4.5 XL around. I used Cubic Ninja one my forever one, but then upgraded beyond 9.2 to do the system transfer. I can still use Blarg on my 4.5 XL, but it'd be a hassle to carry around one for SNES emulation and another for 3DS games when i could, ideally, get a DSTWO and manage to do both.

Oh yeah, I hear ya. I know what you mean, lugging around both would be ridiculous.
Why do you think I'm so interested in the 3DS having GBA hardware inside? :v:

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

My New 3DS should arrive tomorrow (god help me) and I am PUMPED.

I've found a guy selling (UK) Link Between Worlds codes on eBay for ~£20 - is there any chance that these aren't legit/have beeen acquired through dishonest means? He seems to have been trading for a while and his feedback is largely positive. Just a little worried that he's Up To No Good somehow.

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

Martytoof posted:

Hey Square please stop everything you're doing and give me Final Fantasy Tactics. Thanks!

It's been "coming" to Android for like, 2 years now

:negative:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Why am I on level 57 of Pokemon Candy Crush

At least I haven't spent any money on it I guess

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Flint_Paper posted:

I've found a guy selling (UK) Link Between Worlds codes on eBay for ~£20 - is there any chance that these aren't legit/have beeen acquired through dishonest means? He seems to have been trading for a while and his feedback is largely positive. Just a little worried that he's Up To No Good somehow.

If you find Starfox 64 3D, DKCR, Super Mario 3D Land, Sticker Star, Kid Icarus, and NSMB2 download codes for cheap and someone selling multiples, they are, without a hint of doubt, obtained through the Wii Mini Club Nintendo exploit.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

Flint_Paper posted:

I wouldn't buy it because unless something has changed, most of the eBay and PayPal anti-fraud stuff revolves around shipping, tracking numbers, and stuff like that. In reading about people who have been burnt buying digital codes, you get in this weird state of limbo where they did technically ship you the code, it just wasn't valid. So the seller can be like, "I don't know what happened, I shipped it, here's the tracking number," and you're kind of boned. Maybe I'm just jaded from over a decade of dealing with weird bullshit trying to save money here and there online, but is saving a couple bucks worth the potential hassle of losing ~£20 and needing to get into the PayPal dispute pissing match?

I mean it's probably fine, but, whatever.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

I thought that only gave codes for the stars catalogue? I don't think the EU/UK stars wossname has ever had games as rewards, or am I completely misunderstanding something?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Fryhtaning posted:

It's been "coming" to Android for like, 2 years now

:negative:

Is this the hold-up? gently caress you Square, drop that android port and get to work on the goods! :mad:

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

noirstronaut posted:

Stemming from this, what's a really good RPG that I can easily sink my teeth into and waste hours on?

I got the RPG bug recently too, so I picked up FFIV for the DS and it seems pretty good so far. I've never ever played FFIV though so I don't know how this remake compares to the original. I also have Chrono Trigger on standby because I've watched someone else play that so I'm playing something new to me first.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS

Flint_Paper posted:

Link Between Worlds

First 3DS game I'm playing and I love it. Challenging too.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

What if Pikmin 3D had Olimar discover Nintendo's next system and it was a detachable handheld/console - actually, that's how Nintendo should reveal every new console. Where's Iwata's # again?

Did Rusty's Real Deal Baseball already spoil us on the next gen?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Anyone know of a cradle for the Nu3DS XL, don't see any 3rd party ones on Amazon. Or will the XL ones still fit? Saw the dimensions were slightly off.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Anything made of moulded plastic won't quite fit right, and will probably block stuff like the game card slot. The only accessories I can think of that would definitely work for both are screen protectors and soft cases.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Flint_Paper posted:

The Link between Worlds bundle(EU) has a code instead of the pre-installed game on its handheld, which can be sold separately.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Nephzinho posted:

Anyone know of a cradle for the Nu3DS XL, don't see any 3rd party ones on Amazon. Or will the XL ones still fit? Saw the dimensions were slightly off.

The official Nintendo one retails for ~$20 on the bay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Nintend...=item4ae5767ee8

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

io_burn posted:

I wouldn't buy it because unless something has changed, most of the eBay and PayPal anti-fraud stuff revolves around shipping, tracking numbers, and stuff like that. In reading about people who have been burnt buying digital codes, you get in this weird state of limbo where they did technically ship you the code, it just wasn't valid. So the seller can be like, "I don't know what happened, I shipped it, here's the tracking number," and you're kind of boned. Maybe I'm just jaded from over a decade of dealing with weird bullshit trying to save money here and there online, but is saving a couple bucks worth the potential hassle of losing ~£20 and needing to get into the PayPal dispute pissing match?

I mean it's probably fine, but, whatever.

On the other hand maybe that's why totally legit codes go so cheap. :keke:

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Nephzinho posted:

Unfortunately, the old3DS XL cradle does not work. The metal contact pins are in a completely different area.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
I'm stranded at DFW all day so I'm just riding the Skylink train in circles.

I can't keep up with all these streetpasses long enough to play a real game!

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Just coming in to report that A Link Between Worlds is loving fantastic. I got it on Friday and finished it yesterday. I haven't had a game that I powered through like that in probably 15 years.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
LBW is a must-own on the 3DS unless you absolutely loathe 2D top-down Zelda games (you monster)

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Fremry posted:

Just coming in to report that A Link Between Worlds is loving fantastic. I got it on Friday and finished it yesterday. I haven't had a game that I powered through like that in probably 15 years.

Do hard mode. It's what the game should be.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Fremry posted:

Me too! Last game I could think of was Max Payne 1 back in like 2001. Before that it was sometime in 1995.

I loved it. I wish Nintendo would make DLC that is the SNES game with that engine.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Link Between Worlds is literally the best 3D Zelda game to date.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Saagonsa posted:

Bravely Defualt was insanely good, actually

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Link Between Worlds is literally the best 3D Zelda game to date.

I'd argue that it's not even 3-d at all. I know it uses 3-d characters but the gameplay was 100% 2-d which I feel is no coincidence why I loved it so much.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'd argue that it's not even 3-d at all. I know it uses 3-d characters but the gameplay was 100% 2-d which I feel is no coincidence why I loved it so much.

You don't say! Huh!!

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

Nolgthorn posted:

On the other hand maybe that's why totally legit codes go so cheap. :keke:

I mean, maybe. They're definitely few and far between though. I've been ripped off close to 50% of the time buying super-cheap keys on the PC software swap subreddit. :shrug:

When I say "ripped off" I mean getting a dodgy key that works for a while then gets revoked, getting MSDN bulk keys which similarly end up getting revoked, keys that have been claimed, or other weird poo poo that happens in the pursuit of $2 Windows keys.

io_burn fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Feb 23, 2015

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Didn't you return a N3DS because your eyes and brain are broken?

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Flint_Paper posted:

I'd rather pay Amazon £25 for a physical copy that you could resell (if you are a monster) than some guy on ebay with a possibly dodgy code.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
It is the most anticlimactic and "womp womp wommmmp" thing when (Bravely Default Ending Spoilers) There's a huge multi-phase boss battle, a giant cutscene where all your friends and alternate dimension you's blow the villain the gently caress out, you get into the last phase...and he gets off a lucky Divergence/Armageddon combo and oneshots your entire party

There's always Youtube, i guess.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

eddiewalker posted:

Last time I was stuck in DFW I did the same thing, minus the 3ds.

Nothin better to do, may as well ride the train in a circle

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

eddiewalker posted:

This is what it's like being at E3, by the time you go in to clear your existing street passes you've hit the limit on ten new ones.

Mortley
Jan 18, 2005

aux tep unt rep uni ovi
I've got a 3DS and a 3DSXL, and I'm wondering which games (from whichever version of the DS) are best for local, simultaneous multiplayer for two relatively casual gamers. My girlfriend things New Super Mario Bros U is too hard to control, so I dunno if NSMB2 in co-op is the way to go?

Neither one of us are Pokemon people but we could give it a shot; it'd just be expensive to get 2 copies. Unless there's an older, just-as-fun-for-non-fanatics version that I could pick up 2 copies of for cheap? Children of Mana for the original DS sounds legit, but again, 2 copies, right? I'm open to 3DS games as well, but I am not as familiar since I haven't been around other people who had them much.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!
Animal Crossing? Fantasy Life?

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Mortley posted:

I've got a 3DS and a 3DSXL, and I'm wondering which games (from whichever version of the DS) are best for local, simultaneous multiplayer for two relatively casual gamers. My girlfriend things New Super Mario Bros U is too hard to control, so I dunno if NSMB2 in co-op is the way to go?

Neither one of us are Pokemon people but we could give it a shot; it'd just be expensive to get 2 copies. Unless there's an older, just-as-fun-for-non-fanatics version that I could pick up 2 copies of for cheap? Children of Mana for the original DS sounds legit, but again, 2 copies, right? I'm open to 3DS games as well, but I am not as familiar since I haven't been around other people who had them much.

-edit- that's what I get for turtle typing onto phone.

Take a look at Animal Crossing and Fantasy Life. Both are casual games that are great him/her coop. Neither are super cheap but I got like 125 hours out of Animal Crossing before it was too boring to continue.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Anyone use Decalgirl skins? Might think of picking one up since the gloss is driving me bonkers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Etrips posted:

Anyone use Decalgirl skins? Might think of picking one up since the gloss is driving me bonkers.

Aren't DecalGirl skins just shiny vinyls anyway?