Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Ninja Pangolin posted:

Welcome to Lady Heather's world of curiosities!

Honestly I kind of like her profile. At least is shows some energy and creatively, which I'll take over the bog standard crap you see repeated over and over again any day. Really I think her fatness is working against her more than anything she wrote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Chomp8645 posted:

Honestly I kind of like her profile. At least is shows some energy and creatively, which I'll take over the bog standard crap you see repeated over and over again any day. Really I think her fatness is working against her more than anything she wrote.

Are you kidding me? That sort of poo poo wouldn't pass even if she was actually hot. Unless you like people who are tryhard and forcibly quirky.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Ninja Pangolin posted:

My self-summary
Welcome to Lady Heather's world of curiosities! On the main stage today is a woman who is unlike any you have ever laid eyes on. She is cut from a cloth all of her own. If you have stumbled here expecting to view the, ever so boring, prissy, pumpkin spice latte drinking, Ugg boot wearing, no carb eating, reality tv watching, top 40 listening, Cosmo reading, kind of girl, you have come to the wrong place. She marches to the beat of a much different drummer.

She has come here to kick rear end and chew bubblegum, and she's all out of bubblegum...

Quirky, sassy, feisty, silly, and a bit of a smart rear end. She's a free thinker and opinionated. An independent woman who doesn't let anything stand in her way.

An elusive female nerd, rarely seen in the wild. She own's $1500 worth of board games and loves to play video games. A regular attendee of the Renaissance Festival. She can often be found perusing her way around local record stores on the hunt for great albums on vinyl. Museums call to her. Her Netflix history is filled with documentaries, Doctor Who, and Star Trek. She attended Convergence 10 years in a row. Former WoW, D&D, and Magic player.. Cheesy, over the top, horror movies, and guys who appreciate them the way she does, are the way to her heart. Nothing makes her quite as happy as a night of ordering a pizza and cuddling on the couch while watching something like "Dead Alive". :)

But wait there's more! She's so much more than you're average geek. She's teaching herself how to play the guitar. Loves karaoke. She will never turn down going to a bonfire. She loves roller derby and has dreams of becoming a roller girl.

Ok, enough silliness for tonight. I will finish trying to sell myself later, when I have more time. [editorial note: she has answered over 2000 questions] For those of you still reading here's a taste of what I'm looking for from this site...

I'm not here looking for a knight in shining armor, however, I hope to find my dork in tin foil. :P I've been single for over a year and it has given me a lot of time to grow as a person and discover what I really want out of life. I'm looking for someone who knows how to enjoy life and doesn't take it too seriously. Someone I can geek out and be silly with. Someone who will go on random, goofy, adventures with me but will also be ok cuddled up on the couch watching movies or entire seasons of TV shows. I'm hoping to find a partner and an equal, someone I can connect with and build a meaningful, real, relationship with. When I am with someone it is because I want them, not because I need them, and I am looking for the same in return.

I'm also looking for some cool people to expand my social circle. You can never have too many friends. :)

What I’m doing with my life
Other than being awesome and kicking life's rear end, I'm a paraprofessional. I'm currently in my 12th year of working with special needs students. I spent 8 years working with the developmentally disabled, 2 years working with kids with emotional and behavioral disorders, and I'm starting my 2nd year working in an autism program.

I love my job. I love kids and can't imagine doing anything else. It really is a wonderful thing to know that I am making the little slice of the world I was put on a better place for those around me. In turn they have made that little slice of the world a much better place for me. I have learned so much about life from them. They've taught me how to be a much better person and not take anything for granted.
I’m really good at
Being a smart-rear end, cooking delicious food, retaining useless (yet interesting or entertaining) facts and information, getting sunburned, building Ikea furniture, being a klutz, and laughing at myself.

The first things people usually notice about me
I'm smokin' hot!!! Duh! :P

I have more curves than a Mazda commercial. :P

I have my own sense of style and a pretty big personality, so I tend to stand out from the crowd.

Depending on what I'm wearing, my tattoos. I have 5 of them and plan on getting more. My biggest one takes up almost the entire lower half of my left leg. (I still have another 6 hour session left to do on it. Anyone want to keep me company at the end of March? ;) )

I've been told that I remind people of Garcia from Criminal Minds.
Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
I love to read and I'll read just about anything. My favorite genres are horror/suspense, Sci Fi, and fantasy. Stephen King is one of my favorite authors. Some of my favorites include The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon, Blaze, and The Talisman. IT and The Stand are next on my list to read. Some other favorites are American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis, The Hunger Games trilogy, Harry Potter series, Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert Heinlein, Let the Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist, Heart Shaped Box by Joe Hill.

I love movies and especially love watching them with good company. Most of my favorites are either Sci Fi or fantasy, but I'll watch just about anything especially anything quirky or outside of the box. I also love cheesy 80's horror films! They will always have a soft spot in my heart.

Here are a few I would rather not live without. Wrath of Khan (I was lucky enough to see a showing of it in the theater a few summers ago. Absolutely amazing!), Wristcutters: A Love Story, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, The Goonies, Silence of the Lambs, Princess Bride, Anything by Hayao Miyazaki, They Live, Labyrinth, Gremlins, Lars and the Real Girl, Clue, The Shining, Saved!, Documentaries (Really like Werner Herzog's stuff.), Dead Alive, The Wall, Mrs. Doubtfire, The Apple, Forbidden Zone, Phantom of the Paradise, Street Trash, Night of the Creeps, Brazil, Suspiria, Blue Velvet, American Psycho, Eraserhead, A Clockwork Orange.

TV:
Doctor Who, Game of Thrones, Sherlock, The IT Crowd, Orange is the New Black, Freaks and Geeks, Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, The Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, American Horror Story, Firefly, Star Trek (TOS and TNG)

Music:
It would take far too long to list everything. I can't really function without music. I listen to a bit of almost everything. Just to give you an idea, here are a few of my staples.

Pink Floyd, Pavlov's Dog, Mumford and Sons, Foo Fighters, Tegan and Sara, Mayer Hawthorne, Genesis (more of the Peter Gabriel era stuff though), Fitz and the Tantrums, Jethro Tull, The Spill Canvas, The Black Keys, Arctic Monkeys, Rise Against, Blink 182, old Green Day

Food:
I'm not very picky. I'll try just about anything. I have yet to have tried Indian food, but I want to.

The six things I could never do without
1. Good conversation/good company
2. Laughing so hard that I snort
3. Spending time with the people I love
4. My kitties
5. The "little things"
6. My guitar
7. Adventure of some kind
8. Cuddling

I know, that's more than six. What can I say? I'm a rebel. :P

I spend a lot of time thinking about
How many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop, or what I would do for a Klondike Bar. :P

Honestly, my mind never stops. I am constantly thinking about something.
On a typical Friday night I am
Usually I'm just relaxing. Chilling with my cats looking for something ridiculous to watch on Netflix. Learning new songs on my guitar. Having some wine and playing records. Hanging out with friends. Stuff like that.

The most private thing I’m willing to admit
I'm a hopeless, bleeding-heart, romantic.

You should message me if
If you made it through that wall of text without "Run to the Hills" by Iron Maiden blaring in your head. Or after reading the previous sentence that song got stuck in your head.

I don't know how selectively it says I respond. Don't let that deter you. You wouldn't believe the amount of messages I get that are completely inappropriate or are so riddled with such bad spelling and grammar that I need a decoder ring to decipher them. :P

If you want to go to Ikea and play hide and seek, before or after getting some delicious Swedish meatballs.

If you want go to The Chatterbox and play some board games. Or if you want to get drinks at Psycho Suzi's, Grumpy's, Donny Dirk's, or any other cool place, with an awesome girl. Seriously, I know one. Maybe I could introduce you to her.

If you know how to play cribbage and want to get your butt kicked by a girl.

If anything in my profile interests you don't be afraid to say "Hi". I don't bite... usually. ;)

In all seriousness, DON'T message me if:
~You are looking for a hookup, one night stand, fwb, etc. It's not going to happen.
~You are poly or in any sort of open relationship. Nothing against you, I'm just very monogamous and know that it wouldn't work. I failed the sharing part of kindergarten.
~You are homophobic or believe that being gay is a sin. My best friend is gay and I can't be with someone who can't accept him fully.

I don't know where to begin with this photo...there is too much to describe. But this is me and my best friend. Yes, he is wearing a Star Trek uniform... (Don't worry guys, he's gay. Obviously.)

The obligatory black and white "Why yes, I do play the guitar" photo. :P

There's just too much awesome going on here to put into words. So I won't. It's funnier that way. Taken October 2012. (If you really want to know what's going on you'll just have to message me! Buahahahaha...) :P

She also has another album titled "Crazy cat lady."

Is this person from Canada?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I find her excessive use of :P to be bothersome

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Nirvikalpa posted:

Are you kidding me? That sort of poo poo wouldn't pass even if she was actually hot. Unless you like people who are tryhard and forcibly quirky.

All I'm saying is that's it better than a safe, boring profile in my book. I'll take a little tryharding quirkiness over "loves to laugh, looking for my partner in crime, 'enjoys hiking', I have a kid and he is my world" profile #1000.

I just think weird is better than boring.

Hella Paunchy
Jul 25, 2007
More fun than a stick in the eye.
I guess what stood out to me is that for all the words and energy she spends to say "I'm weird and unique" her profile is just the same poo poo as everyone else. Oh, you have cats and love Dr Who? She's like every boring nerd cliché.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Ninja Pangolin posted:

I guess what stood out to me is that for all the words and energy she spends to say "I'm weird and unique" her profile is just the same poo poo as everyone else. Oh, you have cats and love Dr Who? She's like every boring nerd cliché.

But she doesn't listen to Top 40 music! *watches most popular TV shows instead*

She is exactly as boring as everyone else. Everyone does the same stupid poo poo the skill is to try and make it seem like you aren't dreadfully uninteresting.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.

Lee Harvey Oswald posted:

what's with the people who stop responding to your like 2nd or 3rd message exchange but keep visiting your profile?

My guess is that okcupid keeps suggesting your profile to them in places like "You might like" and they are clicking through those without really looking at them. Okcupid has a cruel habit of sending me "This week's matches" emails that include people I already sent a message and didn't get a reply from. :smith:

Nic Cage dick cage
Jun 23, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Ninja Pangolin posted:

My self-summary
Welcome to Lady Heather's world of curiosities! On the main stage today is a woman who is unlike any you have ever laid eyes on. She is cut from a cloth all of her own. If you have stumbled here expecting to view the, ever so boring, prissy, pumpkin spice latte drinking, Ugg boot wearing, no carb eating, reality tv watching, top 40 listening, Cosmo reading, kind of girl, you have come to the wrong place. She marches to the beat of a much different drummer.

She has come here to kick rear end and chew bubblegum, and she's all out of bubblegum...

Quirky, sassy, feisty, silly, and a bit of a smart rear end. She's a free thinker and opinionated. An independent woman who doesn't let anything stand in her way.

An elusive female nerd, rarely seen in the wild. She own's $1500 worth of board games and loves to play video games. A regular attendee of the Renaissance Festival. She can often be found perusing her way around local record stores on the hunt for great albums on vinyl. Museums call to her. Her Netflix history is filled with documentaries, Doctor Who, and Star Trek. She attended Convergence 10 years in a row. Former WoW, D&D, and Magic player.. Cheesy, over the top, horror movies, and guys who appreciate them the way she does, are the way to her heart. Nothing makes her quite as happy as a night of ordering a pizza and cuddling on the couch while watching something like "Dead Alive". :)

But wait there's more! She's so much more than you're average geek. She's teaching herself how to play the guitar. Loves karaoke. She will never turn down going to a bonfire. She loves roller derby and has dreams of becoming a roller girl.

Ok, enough silliness for tonight. I will finish trying to sell myself later, when I have more time. [editorial note: she has answered over 2000 questions] For those of you still reading here's a taste of what I'm looking for from this site...

I'm not here looking for a knight in shining armor, however, I hope to find my dork in tin foil. :P I've been single for over a year and it has given me a lot of time to grow as a person and discover what I really want out of life. I'm looking for someone who knows how to enjoy life and doesn't take it too seriously. Someone I can geek out and be silly with. Someone who will go on random, goofy, adventures with me but will also be ok cuddled up on the couch watching movies or entire seasons of TV shows. I'm hoping to find a partner and an equal, someone I can connect with and build a meaningful, real, relationship with. When I am with someone it is because I want them, not because I need them, and I am looking for the same in return.

I'm also looking for some cool people to expand my social circle. You can never have too many friends. :)

What I’m doing with my life
Other than being awesome and kicking life's rear end, I'm a paraprofessional. I'm currently in my 12th year of working with special needs students. I spent 8 years working with the developmentally disabled, 2 years working with kids with emotional and behavioral disorders, and I'm starting my 2nd year working in an autism program.

I love my job. I love kids and can't imagine doing anything else. It really is a wonderful thing to know that I am making the little slice of the world I was put on a better place for those around me. In turn they have made that little slice of the world a much better place for me. I have learned so much about life from them. They've taught me how to be a much better person and not take anything for granted.
I’m really good at
Being a smart-rear end, cooking delicious food, retaining useless (yet interesting or entertaining) facts and information, getting sunburned, building Ikea furniture, being a klutz, and laughing at myself.

The first things people usually notice about me
I'm smokin' hot!!! Duh! :P

I have more curves than a Mazda commercial. :P

I have my own sense of style and a pretty big personality, so I tend to stand out from the crowd.

Depending on what I'm wearing, my tattoos. I have 5 of them and plan on getting more. My biggest one takes up almost the entire lower half of my left leg. (I still have another 6 hour session left to do on it. Anyone want to keep me company at the end of March? ;) )

I've been told that I remind people of Garcia from Criminal Minds.
Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
I love to read and I'll read just about anything. My favorite genres are horror/suspense, Sci Fi, and fantasy. Stephen King is one of my favorite authors. Some of my favorites include The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon, Blaze, and The Talisman. IT and The Stand are next on my list to read. Some other favorites are American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis, The Hunger Games trilogy, Harry Potter series, Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert Heinlein, Let the Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist, Heart Shaped Box by Joe Hill.

I love movies and especially love watching them with good company. Most of my favorites are either Sci Fi or fantasy, but I'll watch just about anything especially anything quirky or outside of the box. I also love cheesy 80's horror films! They will always have a soft spot in my heart.

Here are a few I would rather not live without. Wrath of Khan (I was lucky enough to see a showing of it in the theater a few summers ago. Absolutely amazing!), Wristcutters: A Love Story, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, The Goonies, Silence of the Lambs, Princess Bride, Anything by Hayao Miyazaki, They Live, Labyrinth, Gremlins, Lars and the Real Girl, Clue, The Shining, Saved!, Documentaries (Really like Werner Herzog's stuff.), Dead Alive, The Wall, Mrs. Doubtfire, The Apple, Forbidden Zone, Phantom of the Paradise, Street Trash, Night of the Creeps, Brazil, Suspiria, Blue Velvet, American Psycho, Eraserhead, A Clockwork Orange.

TV:
Doctor Who, Game of Thrones, Sherlock, The IT Crowd, Orange is the New Black, Freaks and Geeks, Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, The Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, American Horror Story, Firefly, Star Trek (TOS and TNG)

Music:
It would take far too long to list everything. I can't really function without music. I listen to a bit of almost everything. Just to give you an idea, here are a few of my staples.

Pink Floyd, Pavlov's Dog, Mumford and Sons, Foo Fighters, Tegan and Sara, Mayer Hawthorne, Genesis (more of the Peter Gabriel era stuff though), Fitz and the Tantrums, Jethro Tull, The Spill Canvas, The Black Keys, Arctic Monkeys, Rise Against, Blink 182, old Green Day

Food:
I'm not very picky. I'll try just about anything. I have yet to have tried Indian food, but I want to.

The six things I could never do without
1. Good conversation/good company
2. Laughing so hard that I snort
3. Spending time with the people I love
4. My kitties
5. The "little things"
6. My guitar
7. Adventure of some kind
8. Cuddling

I know, that's more than six. What can I say? I'm a rebel. :P

I spend a lot of time thinking about
How many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop, or what I would do for a Klondike Bar. :P

Honestly, my mind never stops. I am constantly thinking about something.
On a typical Friday night I am
Usually I'm just relaxing. Chilling with my cats looking for something ridiculous to watch on Netflix. Learning new songs on my guitar. Having some wine and playing records. Hanging out with friends. Stuff like that.

The most private thing I’m willing to admit
I'm a hopeless, bleeding-heart, romantic.

You should message me if
If you made it through that wall of text without "Run to the Hills" by Iron Maiden blaring in your head. Or after reading the previous sentence that song got stuck in your head.

I don't know how selectively it says I respond. Don't let that deter you. You wouldn't believe the amount of messages I get that are completely inappropriate or are so riddled with such bad spelling and grammar that I need a decoder ring to decipher them. :P

If you want to go to Ikea and play hide and seek, before or after getting some delicious Swedish meatballs.

If you want go to The Chatterbox and play some board games. Or if you want to get drinks at Psycho Suzi's, Grumpy's, Donny Dirk's, or any other cool place, with an awesome girl. Seriously, I know one. Maybe I could introduce you to her.

If you know how to play cribbage and want to get your butt kicked by a girl.

If anything in my profile interests you don't be afraid to say "Hi". I don't bite... usually. ;)

In all seriousness, DON'T message me if:
~You are looking for a hookup, one night stand, fwb, etc. It's not going to happen.
~You are poly or in any sort of open relationship. Nothing against you, I'm just very monogamous and know that it wouldn't work. I failed the sharing part of kindergarten.
~You are homophobic or believe that being gay is a sin. My best friend is gay and I can't be with someone who can't accept him fully.

I don't know where to begin with this photo...there is too much to describe. But this is me and my best friend. Yes, he is wearing a Star Trek uniform... (Don't worry guys, he's gay. Obviously.)

The obligatory black and white "Why yes, I do play the guitar" photo. :P

There's just too much awesome going on here to put into words. So I won't. It's funnier that way. Taken October 2012. (If you really want to know what's going on you'll just have to message me! Buahahahaha...) :P

She also has another album titled "Crazy cat lady."

She has too much face.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
as a dude librarian who met his current sex-crazed doctor girlfriend off of okcupid, just lol @ pages 18 through 20

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

whatis posted:

as a dude librarian

Thank you for returning the lolz as well, friend.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Chomp8645 posted:

All I'm saying is that's it better than a safe, boring profile in my book. I'll take a little tryharding quirkiness over "loves to laugh, looking for my partner in crime, 'enjoys hiking', I have a kid and he is my world" profile #1000.

Her profile uses every cliche that you see in alternative people's profiles: more than 6 things she can't live without because she's 'a rebel', spends a lot of time thinking about : some dumb bullshit that isn't actually a real answer, 'I don't bite... usually ;) '.

Once you've seen that poo poo a hundred times it's hard to get excited about another tubby rockabilly girl who wants to do roller derby and loves British TV shows.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

cyberia posted:

Her profile uses every cliche that you see in alternative people's profiles

What is an "alternative person", is it like "alternative rock"?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

whatis posted:

as a dude librarian who met his current sex-crazed doctor girlfriend off of okcupid, just lol @ pages 18 through 20

Lol you're a librarian

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Chomp8645 posted:

What is an "alternative person", is it like "alternative rock"?

Pretty much.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

fuckn car selfies

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

toggle posted:

fuckn car selfies

Even better than car selfies is when they take like eight different car selfies and upload all of them even though they may as well be the same picture.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Chomp8645 posted:

Even better than car selfies is when they take like eight different car selfies and upload all of them even though they may as well be the same picture.

album: car seflies

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I know this is the wrong thing to point out in that profile but god drat it drives me up the wall when people misuse the word "peruse."

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/peruse

??? :confused: ???

Apparently a good antonym for peruse is...peruse.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

pwnyXpress posted:

Peruse is not browsing

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

pwnyXpress posted:

It's like "literally" or "non-plussed" in that so many people use it as its own antonym it's becoming acceptable usage. "To examine or read (something) in a very careful way" is the original definition.

quote:

Middle English, to use up, deal with in sequence, from Latin per- thoroughly + Middle English usen to use
First Known Use: 1532

LITERALLY A BIRD fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Feb 23, 2015

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Although clearly I do not feel the same way about misusing "literally"

LITERALLY A BIRD fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Feb 23, 2015

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Although clearly I do not feel the same way about misusing "literally"
Explain

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Chomp8645 posted:

I guarantee you that this person spends all of her social time around other people desperately trying to be The Wackiest oval office In The Room, and that by the 50th time she interrupts a natural lull in conversation by shouting "SPORKS! SPORKS! I ARE TEH PENGUIN OF DOOOOOM" or loving meowing you'll want to hit her with a brick.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Breetai posted:

I guarantee you that this person spends all of her social time around other people desperately trying to be The Wackiest oval office In The Room, and that by the 50th time she interrupts a natural lull in conversation by shouting "SPORKS! SPORKS! I ARE TEH PENGUIN OF DOOOOOM" or loving meowing you'll want to hit her with a brick.

IM SO RANDOM XD

cant imagine why moonface wacky grrl is single.

Aphelion Necrology
Jul 17, 2005

Take care of the dead and the dead will take care of you

Ninja Pangolin posted:

My self-summary
Welcome to Lady Heather's world of curiosities!

God, this is some tryhard poo poo. And yet every single one of these ~quirky curvy girl~ profiles read exactly the same.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I blame the popularity of wacky random cartoons for this behavior

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Honestly "elusive nerd girl" was red flag enough because you know that she's had her ego puffed up by an array of nerdy sadfats orbiting her.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Breetai posted:

Yeah if it's like that then probably.

I don't think we have much of her type around my area because most of her style was new to me. Is this what hipsters are like? If she is typical of a certain group then that group is not represented very much in my area.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Chomp8645 posted:

I don't think we have much of her type around my area because most of her style was new to me. Is this what hipsters are like? If she is typical of a certain group then that group is not represented very much in my area.

"Those who play board games"

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Hood Ornament posted:

God, this is some tryhard poo poo. And yet every single one of these ~quirky curvy girl~ profiles read exactly the same.

Not going to lie, I'd still bang each and every one of them unapologetically.

chickie nugs for brekkie
May 17, 2010
C.P.A.N. hates it when people refer to themselves in the third person.

Does anyone else's eyes just glaze over at these wall of text profiles? I end up not reading any of the content in this thread because I default to my okc behavior of just skipping over these kinds of profiles.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Chomp8645 posted:

They're not hipsters, they're the kids who did drama and poetry and poo poo in highschool and got bullied by the jocks so they retreated to the internet and spent their formative years on livejournal or tumblr where they discovered Dr Who and 1950s rockabilly / pinup fashion and use those things as a replacement for any sort of personality. How have you been on the forums since 2006 and not have been exposed to terrible ~quirky~ nerd culture?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

cyberia posted:

They're not hipsters, they're the kids who did drama and poetry and poo poo in highschool and got bullied by the jocks so they retreated to the internet and spent their formative years on livejournal or tumblr where they discovered Dr Who and 1950s rockabilly / pinup fashion and use those things as a replacement for any sort of personality. How have you been on the forums since 2006 and not have been exposed to terrible ~quirky~ nerd culture?

I don't know man sorry. There's so many subsets of nerdery out there I guess this one just slipped through the cracks. I mean you got your gamers, larpers, trekkies, techies, WoWers, bronies, tumblerites, roleplayers, anime lovers, Apple fetishists, these "rockabillies", and everything else imaginable. It's a lot to keep track of.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Chomp8645 posted:

It's just as much as a cliche though.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Quirky is one of those words you can only use to describe other people, not yourself. Its peak show don't tell situation, actually interesting and quirky people don't need to mention that about themselves its something you'll pick up by interacting with them.

I really don't get why goons are always so upset about generic profiles. Are you really not going to message a cute girl just because her profile says that she loves to laugh and tries not to take life too seriously? To me that just comes across as "hi I'm a normal person with dating options in the real world, if you'd like to get to know me better we can do it in person".

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Breetai posted:

loving meowing you'll want to hit her with a brick.

why is this a thing. i know multiple girls who meow/think they're cats and all of them are crazy

naem
May 29, 2011

It's just a fat girl swipe left and move on

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Profondo Rosso posted:

why is this a thing. i know multiple girls who meow/think they're cats and all of them are crazy

well there ya go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Chomp8645 posted:

No, hipsters are much more socially aware.

• Locked thread