Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slackerish
Jan 1, 2007

Hail Boognish

tnimark posted:

New episode is Farts and Pro 4.....:smith:

Scott's intro broke me, a lot. It was kind of a perfect eulogy.

when he said he enjoyed Phish it was so :) but :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Creek. Slam. Sit.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Oof

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Segway Rave posted:

I started listening to it on a bus and it was a mistake

From sadness or laughter?

Unmerciful
Sep 14, 2008

I just got to when the Bom Betty bit completely breaks down and it's loving hysterical - they can't stop themselves from completely derailing the show over and over again. It's kind of an eerie episode to listen to but its weird Scott was so concerned about the quality because I haven't stopped laughing. And fittingly, just about everything from Harris - esp. the blowjob interrogation - is absolute gold

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The first straw bit was amazing.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah I was torn when I saw it was Farts and Pro 4, it's kinda eerie that this is the episode that would have gone out anyway. On one hand I knew it would be funny, on the other hand I wasn't sure if I could find it funny given the circumstances, but I wanted to hear Scott's intro (which was great, poor dude clearly doing his best not to break).

I'm glad I'm listening though, all sadness is gone and I'm just laughing. The stuff about the theater blowjob is just hilarious while being really 'oh poo poo' at the same time. Gonna be a lot of people jerkin' it in Harris' memory tonight... it's what he would've wanted.

CherryDoom
Jul 5, 2005

SIGH
Listened to this at work, which was a mistake. The intro had me tearing up. But I gave myself a stomachache trying not to laugh during the Ice Chris pitch when Harris was trying in vain to get Scott to establish his character. Great Epp all around.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Oh man, the intro :smith: .

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
That was like Omar or Mike taking out the trash. Seriously, the theatre blowjob/death discussion was incredible.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

GraPar posted:

That was like Omar or Mike taking out the trash. Seriously, the theatre blowjob/death discussion was incredible.

I feel like the girl's friend is down to clown.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

"Which one died?"
"...The blowjob one"
*everyone gasps*
"Not during!"

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

At least we got one more disgusting teen sex story for the road. Somewhere, a ghost MILF is giving ghost Harris a through-the-pants not-to-completion HJ at a ghost Cowboy Mouth concert.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
"What?"

"Who are you?"

"Whaat?"

EDIT: The outro is really good :unsmith:

Missionary Positron fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Feb 23, 2015

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
The part where Scott seems genuinely happy that Harris listens to the show is really bittersweet.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
I haven't finished the episode yet, but my favorite part so far has to be Harris' joy on learning that Adam's first girlfriend has since passed away.

"See! That poo poo happens... it happens in threes!"

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
Adam Scott is still a rad, funny dude:

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
So, I guess Harris wants us to honor his memory by jerking off to him.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Poopy Palpy posted:

So, I guess Harris wants us to honor his memory by jerking off to him.
This is the biggest takeaway from this podcast. He would want us to jerk off to his memory.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

listened to the holiday special with him and lord ALW, and the very end where Paul yells "Harris i'll miss you most of all!" stood out

LockHeart
Apr 8, 2005

I'll make Coach Haribo proud!

Eel hovercraft posted:

"What?"

"Who are you?"

"Whaat?"

EDIT: The outro is really good :unsmith:

Seriously, the Phish song riding through out it and the solid edit job on the cuts worked so well.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

That outro was sad as gently caress.

If you feel so inclined, Mike Schur posted a link to a donation page in his honor raising funds for the public high school for the arts he attended. https://hspvafriends.wufoo.com/forms/the-harris-wittels-fund/

cams
Mar 28, 2003

I'm glad that podcast existed, it was a worthy farewell to one of the funniest people I've had the pleasure of listening to over the past few years.

Great intro and outro. Harris will be missed.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
Others have commented better than I could about how weird it is to be so affected by a stranger's death. All I want to add is that I have laughed so goddamn much these past few days remembering things that Harris said.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I was giggling like an idiot at the outro. It was great.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

WoodrowSkillson posted:

listened to the holiday special with him and lord ALW, and the very end where Paul yells "Harris i'll miss you most of all!" stood out

Do you think he knew?

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules
Is her Dad Tom Betty? Goddamn Harris that made me crack up.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Harris, Harris Wittles, I hate you, you're a piece of poo poo!

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
THis episode is hard for me. The intro had me really emotional, Scott's eulogy felt really raw and not like him at all. I love Harris and Adam but I have always found Chelsea Peretti to be unbearably unfunny so listening to this episode is just not very entertaining and I so dearly want it to be. :( Harris is killing it though, as usual.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Didn't they announce Reggie's replacement, like the day before Harris dying? If so, Scott thanking for the messages was a funny view into how they fudge the recording-to-air timeframe.

e: Hot Tub Time Machine Two too. That was released last weekend and it sounded like they were jibing Adam about the box office like it had happened yet.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Feb 23, 2015

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I'm sure he did get tons of messages about Kid Cudi, but yeah, I thought it was kind of funny that we know they recorded it over a week before that news was actually announced.

kidsam
Aug 12, 2007

YES
the intro was uncharacteristically sincere (and appropriately so) and the outro was perfect and really touching.
it's really sad we'll never get that episode of them all sitting around reading out their printed scheduling e-mails, what a concept.
Really great episode.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

Jesus that outro was hilarious and heartbreaking. RIP Harris Wittels, you made a lot of motherfuckers laugh.

bowser fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Feb 24, 2015

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Knifegrab posted:

THis episode is hard for me. The intro had me really emotional, Scott's eulogy felt really raw and not like him at all. I love Harris and Adam but I have always found Chelsea Peretti to be unbearably unfunny so listening to this episode is just not very entertaining and I so dearly want it to be. :( Harris is killing it though, as usual.

I'm kind of in the same boat. I'm actually a fan of all three, but for some reason F&P always left me a little cold. But whatever, it's a little more Harris than we would've gotten otherwise, and I can't be mad about his final appearance being something most of the fans love.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Cloks posted:

The part where Scott seems genuinely happy that Harris listens to the show is really bittersweet.

Makes for a nice final episode... same with Scott admitting he enjoyed Phish on that Hollywood Bowl episode. :unsmith:

Reformed Pissboy posted:

"Which one died?"
"...The blowjob one"
*everyone gasps*
"Not during!"
That made me lose it. God, Harris is so quick.

Edit: was :smith:

Slackerish
Jan 1, 2007

Hail Boognish

Teenage Fansub posted:

Didn't they announce Reggie's replacement, like the day before Harris dying? If so, Scott thanking for the messages was a funny view into how they fudge the recording-to-air timeframe.

e: Hot Tub Time Machine Two too. That was released last weekend and it sounded like they were jibing Adam about the box office like it had happened yet.

HTTT2 came out on the 20th.

Which was also his sister's birthday :smith:

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I never thought an episode of CBB would make me cry.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
A great end to a great ep.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Conduit for Sale! posted:

I never thought an episode of CBB would make me cry.

I've heard of CBB episodes inducing tears of laughter, but tears of sorrow?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

I just realized that the guest spot on the Parks premiere that Harris and Adam couldn't tell Scott was Werner Herzog.