Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
Jeb's apparently 6’3”.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Here's Bush-hood, if you haven't seen it yet today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WGYEtKrzXU

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Worth noting the photographer was Jeb's brother, Marvin.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

ErIog posted:

Wedding photographer was probably more pissed than they were that he ruined his sweet stills from the Zappa concert.

Joementum forgot to add the punchline: The wedding photographer was Jeb's brother Marvin.

quote:

Every single photo of the Bush and Garnica families had either a photo of Frank Zappa and/or members of his band, the Mothers of Invention, superimposed onto their own images. I remember thinking to myself that a Frank Sinatra photo may have been acceptable, but not Frank Zappa!

Marvin later won third place in a photography contest with one of the photos which he entitled "Zappa's Bride".

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Joementum posted:

This is a good thing and I thank you for bringing it to my attention.

I however, can not even begin to imagine what it is like to be born into that type of world.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Joementum posted:

oh my god I'm new to D&D and your in-jokes but holy crap this could really be a Linklater movie

and I would watcht he poo poo out of it

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The guy who did that Bush-hood video did some great work in 2012. This was my favorite of his.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQx3qWL43Qo

His channel is worth clicking around in if you're bored.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

bpower posted:

I'll like to see the wording on the climate question. Do they actually claim to believe its not happening at all? I thought the deniers had given up that hill and are holding out on the "Its happening but...." hill

It's probably worded in regards to manmade climate change, but really "it's a completely natural process that humans had no impact over" isn't much better.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

miniature American flags for some,

seriously J you are too real and good to be hanging out with this bunch of wannabes

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Joementum forgot to add the punchline: The wedding photographer was Jeb's brother Marvin.

Marvin later won third place in a photography contest with one of the photos which he entitled "Zappa's Bride".

This is the greatest loving thing.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
Bush-hood owns.

ErIog posted:

You're assuming they have "a department." A lot of places I think don't force you to declare a major and let people take 100-level courses in drat near anything as elective credits. So I have no doubt there are people who meet with an advisor once before their first semester, learn you need X number of credits to graduate, say "peace out", and basically fill their schedule with electives for 4 semesters before they realize what they've done.

My uni had a nice tool where you could run a report through their website, and basically get a report back telling you which classes you needed in which major to graduate. It probably doesn't help in the above situation, though, because I bet a lot of those people are like, "I got this poo poo on lock, <signs up for a 3rd fitness walking course>"

Yeah, maybe it was just my experience of having the university bang you over the head about graduation and degree requirements and people being incredibly open with talking about academics during my undergrad. From that perspective it just seems impossible to not realize an open major isn't an actual degree, but alas.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Hell, unis even offer "university studies" these days designed to increase their %graduation within 4 and 6 year metric by giving you a degree at 120 hours no matter where they came from.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

There are some people who should never take selfies

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

who is that kid, anyway

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

PupsOfWar posted:

who is that kid, anyway

His son

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

'The wheels on the bus turn round and round'

Alternatively, his hostage.

Flobbster
Feb 17, 2005

"Cadet Kirk, after the way you cheated on the Kobayashi Maru test I oughta punch you in tha face!"
I could never vote for someone who doesn't even understand something so basic as you never take selfies in a way that has the camera pointing up at you. Nobody looks good at that angle.

I think he needs to go back and finish college so he can learn these valuable skills from his classmates :smug:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Every image of this man needs a soundtrack of Cecily Strong saying DUHHHH.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

gnarlyhotep posted:

oh my god I'm new to D&D and your in-jokes but holy crap this could really be a Linklater movie

and I would watcht he poo poo out of it

youre encroaching on my territory as the Gbs mod who posts in d&d

i must break you

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

forbidden lesbian posted:

youre encroaching on my territory as the Gbs mod who posts in d&d

i must break you

crap, I'm sorry :(

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
oh wait if something happens to you we'd have to find a new mod again again, crap i gotta tell romanov to cancel the hit

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

His lunches are as bland as he is

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I guess they were out of lunchables.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

You don't have Jelly Bellies, Scotty, I don't think you're a convincing second coming of Reagan!

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

At least he didn't cut the crust off.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Who is less charismatic: Romney or Walker? Whenever I hear Walker speak the word dull comes to mind. Circus music should play behind him when he speaks

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Romney is entertainingly dull, Walker's just boring.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Joementum posted:

The Romneybot was at least programmed to smile.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Joementum posted:

Romney's campaign gave us pictures of a guy ironing a suit he was wearing. Sorry, that beats Walker's by default.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Joementum posted:

I would respect Walker if he just held a press conference and said, "Yes, everything I do is for my corporate masters."

I had forgotten I made this during the 2011 protests:

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Walker is too middle-class to make an amusing Rust Baron

I need my yankee republican candidates to ramble off on bizzare anecdotes about their stableboys, or swiving the local maidens.

Romney was the perfect Rust Baron.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Walker is a soulless puppet which in itself isn't a deal-breaker for President but he's not smart or charismatic enough to be able to convincingly pretend not to be.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Romney's campaign gave us pictures of a guy ironing a suit he was wearing. Sorry, that beats Walker's by default.

You're aware that Walker took a prank call from a fake Koch brother, kissed the ring and then promised to bust the unions up good for him? With planted agitators among other things.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Feb 24, 2015

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Intel&Sebastian posted:

You're aware that Walker took a prank call from a fake Koch brother, kissed the ring and then promised to bust the unions up good for him? With planted agitators among other things.

That's more depressing than anything.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

No, the depressing part is that prank caller got charged with a crime, while Walker was re-elected.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

"The Justice System Works."

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

FlamingLiberal posted:

No, the depressing part is that prank caller got charged with a crime, while Walker was re-elected.

:golfclap:

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Joementum posted:

King Obama looks pretty sad that he's stuck with a stock image throne that was also used on the cover art of a Krept and Konan mixtape.

So, how big a percentage of this is racism, and how much is an obsolete idea of how Western monarchies work?

I could understand the Republicanism the Founding Fathers espoused based on the inspiration from Ancient Rome, but it's such a weird talking point for a European.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

FlamingLiberal posted:

Pretty sure he didn't get charged with a crime for the call. Koch said he thought it was a crime, but so far as I'm aware Murphy was never even arrested, much less charged, for his prank call.

• Locked thread