Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
The 2022 world cup in 2021. Noice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Flayer posted:

The 2022 world cup in 2021. Noice.

No, they're pushing it back to November-December 2022 rather than pulling it forward into 2021.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
The FIFA Task Force.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

vyelkin posted:

No, they're pushing it back to November-December 2022 rather than pulling it forward into 2021.

what? i have to wait another 6 months for the world cup?

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

what? i have to wait another 6 months for the world cup?
an extra 4 years really

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

I still cant get over the no bid TV deal on the 2026 WC for FOX/Telemundo....that is FIFA leaving something like $500 million on the table to instead do nothing.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, those networks probably agreed to ignore the whole slavery thing

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Winter world cup means England will do better as our players won't be shagged out by the end of the season like always.

who am I kidding we'll be as poo poo as ever.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

JFairfax posted:

Winter world cup means England will do better as our players won't be shagged out by the end of the season like always.

who am I kidding we'll be as poo poo as ever.

It wouldn't be a World Cup without English delusions of grandeur

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

This poo poo is making me irrationally angry and I'm melting down IRL a bit over here. A bunch of corrupt cunts ruin the greatest sporting event in the world for their bribes, cover their lies with more outrageous lies and not only get away with it, but also get rich doing it.

Where's a bunch of angry terrorists when you need them?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

JFairfax posted:

What a very unique advantage that would be!

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
So the European leagues are basically just rolling over for this even though they have the power to stop it

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Pissflaps posted:

I don't want a winter World Cup.

It's just your luck then, as it will be happening in Autumn! :v:

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Der Shovel posted:

Ironically, they're extremely local to the venues.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

frankenfreak posted:

What a very unique advantage that would be!

It won't be an advantage, it will simply mean we won't be at a disadvantage as you could argue we have been when our top top players go to the world cup having played 40 / 50 games with no winter break like most european leagues have.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
I don't see what the big deal is really. So some football will be played a few months later, who cares?

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

JFairfax posted:

It won't be an advantage, it will simply mean we won't be at a disadvantage as you could argue we have been when our top top players go to the world cup having played 40 / 50 games with no winter break like most european leagues have.

yeah no wonder europeans didn't win the last world cup

and there were no games where south americans got curbstomped by european sides either

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

dex_sda posted:

and there were no games where south americans got curbstomped by european sides either

Germany has a winter break...

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Should at least have the world athletic championship on there now Qatar have that too

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Think about it this way, you'll have to wait less time for the 2026 world cup.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Kurtofan posted:

Think about it this way, you'll have to wait less time for the 2026 world cup.

Except for the fact that Blatter & co. will declare the Qatar WC a rousing success despite the scores of deaths, terrorist activity, blatant bribery, and disruption of leagues around the world and will declare that the WC be held in the winter for the rest of his time in office (aka forever).

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

I'm extremely glad all those potential terrorists died

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

dex_sda posted:

you're a mong.

Let's look at the european winners of the World Cup since 1990

Germany - Winter break
France - Winter break
Italy - Winter break
Spain - Winter break + dope cheats
Germany - Winter break

England is the only major european league that doesn't have a winter break and it's speculated that (apart from poo poo management and poo poo players) not having a winter break means the players are loving knackered come the World Cup.

So I fully support the winter world cup when English players will be in their prime.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

fat gay nonce posted:

I'm extremely glad all those potential terrorists died

they're mainly Indian and Tibetan workers ain't they? So I am really glad all these potential rapists died.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

JFairfax posted:

you're a mong.

Let's look at the european winners of the World Cup since 1990

Germany - Winter break
France - Winter break
Italy - Winter break
Spain - Winter break + dope cheats
Germany - Winter break

England is the only major european league that doesn't have a winter break and it's speculated that (apart from poo poo management and poo poo players) not having a winter break means the players are loving knackered come the World Cup.

So I fully support the winter world cup when English players will be in their prime.

lol if you think that England doesn't win anything because of winter breaks. It's because they're poo poo

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

JFairfax posted:

they're mainly Indian and Tibetan workers ain't they? So I am really glad all these potential rapists died.

If their're brown you must put them down is the best policy I find

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Camoes posted:

lol if you think that England doesn't win anything because of winter breaks. It's because they're poo poo

No one's arguing that they're not poo poo, it's just that the lack of a winter break doesn't help.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
fyi, this graph is completely wrong

"workers"?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

8raz posted:

fyi, this graph is completely wrong

"workers"?

A scouse finding workers a trigger word? :monocle:

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

JFairfax posted:

you're a mong.

true

I read your previous post wrong, sorry for the confusion

I wonder if anyone in FIFA actually has remorse for their blood money

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

All work is slavery. Qatar are just honest. Keep your shameless cockney classism to yourself. Jerk!

dex_sda posted:

I wonder if anyone in FIFA actually has remorse for their blood money
LOL

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Der Shovel posted:

This poo poo is making me irrationally angry and I'm melting down IRL a bit over here. A bunch of corrupt cunts ruin the greatest sporting event in the world for their bribes, cover their lies with more outrageous lies and not only get away with it, but also get rich doing it.

This is a unique position where the terrorists in the area you would want to shut this down are on the same payroll as the people running the event

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

well I just mean maybe there's like a janitor who feels bad he has to work there? idk

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

JFairfax posted:

Lol

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

MoPZiG posted:

I still cant get over the no bid TV deal on the 2026 WC for FOX/Telemundo....that is FIFA leaving something like $500 million on the table to instead do nothing.

They probably gave Fox a freebie because an autumn/winter world cup is gonna gently caress up Fox's coverage of the NFL.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Isn't 2023 an African Cup of Nations year as well?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Skinty McEdger posted:

Isn't 2023 an African Cup of Nations year as well?

At this point that thing is every year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
I think that everyone should have agreed to never have another international match after Brazil 2014, they werent going to top it and it's pointless to try. Let football rest in peace after a final twitch.