Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon
Classic Funky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Tiggum posted:

Ted makes his family watch the Star Wars Holiday Special every year. :crossarms:
The Star Wars Holiday Special is G Canon. :colbert:

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Dustin

Ed is getting shown up by every shoplifter in the country.

Bleeker

Bleeker is trying to get Skip beat up.

On the Fastrack

No one is happier about death than Dethany.

Safe Havens

Wait, so he sold out his friends and family just like that? Species-traitor.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.

The Sphinxster posted:

I'm still patiently waiting to find out what Dirk being their garbageman and that falling bookcase were all about.

I guess I'm saying calling these things the Evanses poo poo out arcs is generous.
It was just to showcase how lovely everyone in Luann is. Dirk turned over a new leaf and became a pretty chill guy and even saved Luann's mom and as soon as he was out of earshot all the "good" characters poo poo on him again.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

e: Oh wow, it's already Tuesday.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Midnight Moth posted:

It was just to showcase how lovely everyone in Luann is. Dirk turned over a new leaf and became a pretty chill guy and even saved Luann's mom and as soon as he was out of earshot all the "good" characters poo poo on him again.

That makes a lot of sense. Maybe Luann is a deep troll.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yeah make the kid feel like an idiot for not getting it, that's a great way of making him learn. Look at me, getting angry at loving Foob over here.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

The discussion on which cartoonist is the worst pops up from time to time in the political cartoon thread, and it always leads nowhere.

I don't get the hate for Mother Goose and Grimmy, it's kind of bland like most aging strips, but Mike Peters is a drat good artist. His editorial cartoons always look great, and actually has jokes.

The strip that fills me with irrational anger and bile is Rose is Rose. Saccharine, schmalz, everything that's wrong with America, barfing rainbows, feeder fantasies :argh::hf::barf:

Iamyourking
Oct 27, 2007

Only courage in the face of doubt can lead one to the answer.
Toilet Rascal

Tunicate posted:

Ted knows the EU is now noncanon, and despite his personal feelings is willing to abide by the official rules.

The bulk of the EU is non-canonical, but Salacious Crumb, like the Ewok race, is named in the official novelization (Star Wars: Return of the Jedi 11, James Kahn.) and is therefore G-Canon. :colbert:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

An accurate portrayal of corporate America.

Mary Worth

I guess they're wrapping up this storyline. To me it feels like this one and the one with the little girl with the hallucinations were both kind of going somewhere and then that idea was just kind of aborted midway and they ended it.

Rex Morgan MD's current storylines are the most boring things in the world.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

I guess they're wrapping up this storyline. To me it feels like this one and the one with the little girl with the hallucinations were both kind of going somewhere and then that idea was just kind of aborted midway and they ended it.

God forbid they actually have conflict in their old people comics.

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

Well they've been dating for at least a few days longer than you and the man you just married because he has a car and lives in your housing complex.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Rex Morgan was better when strippers were disrobing in his condo. This child prodigy arc is almost getting to Brooke's Nazi Epic level in terms of boringness and lovely writing. Almost.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

Weird that some scrap wood, somebody's wire wastebasket, and an unusually small lamppost are being blown through Washington Square Park by a very strong wind at the same moment as Spidey and Mysterio come crashing down.

I mean, that's what that has to be, because the alternative is the artist doesn't have a clue about perspective, physics, what public trash cans in NYC actually look like, or what Washington Square Park actually looks like beyond the arch and the fountain.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Kismet posted:

Well they've been dating for at least a few days longer than you and the man you just married because he has a car and lives in your housing complex.

Seriously, this. Talk about your classic pot, kettle, BLACK! First she wants the daughter and her rugrat to stop pestering her, now she shows concern?

Jane's World

I was just thinking, Paige could almost have done a lesbian parody of "Gilligan's Island" here. I think that would've been kind of funny. Jane would make the perfect Gilligan. Also, isn't this story arc the source of the :wom: smiley?

Non Sequitur

Double Phoebe and Her Unicorn Dana's on track...

It might be awhile before Dana gets to any new stuff.

:v:

Kliban's Cats

9 Chickweed Lane 2/24/2004

Christ, Juliette, it's probably Bach, not Lou Rawls. How horny can you get with Piccardy Thirds?

Zits

Kevin & Kell

It's probably outbound due to one of his subscribers. He can't keep up with the email to abuse@kevinsisp.com drat forums software won't stop autotagging that email address. Hey, somebody send an email to it and see if it's legit!

Yep, seen that one before.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Hey, Fingerpori will be made into a movie! It will be coming in 2017. Expect it to make it big outside Finland!

To pass your time while waiting, stare at this picture of Pertti Jarla for the next two years:

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Kevin and Kell Improved

I seriously hate this loving strip.

Cul-de-sac but I truly love this one.

Poptropica

Heathcliff The pet wig store opens a new location.

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

You know, even if you are a lesbian writing a lesbian's dream sequence aimed at lesbians, it's probably not cool to draw pacific islanders festooned in bones and yelling 'ooga booga' as they try to coerce a white woman into marriage.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

I'm quite interested to find out whether the car gets cleaned in Rex Morgan. I'm not even kidding.

Mostly because they've been building that old lady up to be a mob widow and last time we saw her she was telling her hired muscle she was not amused with the mortuary guy. I'm waiting for this thing to get hardcore because I have no ability to retain information or learn from past experience.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I've still got hope. Think about it, how long has it been since Bimbo Karate? Rex Morgan is due.

Manuel Calavera posted:

Tina's Groove

Foob

This is a weird theme post. Speaking of which, Don't Turn your Back on Dog Comix.

Pooch Café

I pulled this into photoshop to start editing it, and then I realized that all it needed was a mosaic filter. The can is already lipstick red and everything.

If the joke is that easy, why even bother.

Ballard Street

Gary is the dog's name.

flavor.flv fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Feb 24, 2015

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Maybe it's due to still being fairly early in the day, but I actually laughed out loud at this one.

Calvin And Hobbes

Ripley's

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Don't smoke, kids... Unless you have to.
"I was pretty sure he didn't hear me, but let's let him miss out on something he'd enjoy to punish him for using some gizmo." Gee, wonder why he withdraws from you, or might feel excluded from the family?

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Nenonen posted:

Hey, Fingerpori will be made into a movie! It will be coming in 2017. Expect it to make it big outside Finland!

To pass your time while waiting, stare at this picture of Pertti Jarla for the next two years:

Man, Leonard from BBT got fat.

(Yeah, I know, bad picture. I am also one of the chosen, whose native language makes every sentence an insult towards someone's mother, or in other words means copulation, or gentleman's region. )

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

Kismet posted:

You know, even if you are a lesbian writing a lesbian's dream sequence aimed at lesbians, it's probably not cool to draw pacific islanders festooned in bones and yelling 'ooga booga' as they try to coerce a white woman into marriage.

being a homosexual doesn't automatically make you a more tolerant or enlightened person

??

?

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Seriously, this. Talk about your classic pot, kettle, BLACK! First she wants the daughter and her rugrat to stop pestering her, now she shows concern?

Well, keep in mind the mother is old and therefore has so much more life experience that she can never make a poor decision.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Oh no, Leo's doomed!

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

skipThings posted:

being a homosexual doesn't automatically make you a more tolerant or enlightened person

??

?

Yes, thanks, I know. My point is Paige has let the fluffy self-indulgent fantasy get away from her a bit, and should probably let the editor back into the office. It's like when Brooke gets all excited about sultry USO singers and suddenly there are sympathetic nazis.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Helicity posted:

Rex Morgan was better when strippers were disrobing in his condo. This child prodigy arc is almost getting to Brooke's Nazi Epic level in terms of boringness and lovely writing. Almost.

I still miss Bimbo Karate. :(

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (December 27, 1927)

As an added bonus for being behind again today, I actually tripped over some vintage Skippy hate mail in the Buffalo (NY) Evening News (spring 1927). Here they are, the original comic strip goons...

A bunch of (presumed) dead people posted:

THESE DISLIKE "SKIPPY".

I am another on the side of Mr. Watson. I don't see anything in "Skippy" and I think that someone is wasting a lot of good ink and space for the poor excuse of a comic strip.

E.A. WATSON. East Randolph, N. Y.

I entirely agree with Mr. Watson's sentiments. I know of many people who feel that of all the cartoons which appear in your paper this is certainly the weakest attempt to be funny, as the whole thing since it started has been absolutely ridiculous. I feel that my sense of humor is as keenly developed as the average, and can only say that any person who can derive any pleasure must be easily amused as the whole thing is such an inane attempt at being funny.

JAMES HENDRICKSON.

400 Elmwood Ave.

And speaking of complaints, it's Peanuts! Featuring Ulcerous Li'l Charlie Brown! (February 27, 1968)

And speaking of "Looking for a rebound that's never going to come," here's Funky Winkerbean!

Popeye

Is it just me, or are there a lot more words in this story than all the other ones the corporate rerun machine has coughed up since we've been paying attention?

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (September 10-11, 1926)

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

Reply All

Pearls Before Swine

Pros & Cons

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.

axolotl farmer posted:

I don't get the hate for Mother Goose and Grimmy, it's kind of bland like most aging strips, but Mike Peters is a drat good artist. His editorial cartoons always look great, and actually has jokes.

The strip that fills me with irrational anger and bile is Rose is Rose. Saccharine, schmalz, everything that's wrong with America, barfing rainbows, feeder fantasies :argh::hf::barf:
Mother Goose and Grimm isn't drawn by Mike Peters. It's ghost-drawn by Jeff Parker (the Dustin artist, seriously). MG&G is half-assed and phoned-in, but that just puts in on par with most of the comics page.

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

Inspector Danger is my favourite.

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.

ZeeToo posted:

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

The phone handset's not actually connected to the phone? A real pizza place would've asked what a "just pepperoni with the works" is? Would a real pizza guy have gone to the front desk instead of the room directly? The pizza box is clearly not big enough to hold a pizza?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

ZeeToo posted:

[b]Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

7nd Floor?!
:argh:

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Horace posted:

Inspector Danger is my favourite.

I truly hope that this becomes a regular thing in this thread.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

CaptainCaveman posted:

The phone handset's not actually connected to the phone? A real pizza place would've asked what a "just pepperoni with the works" is? Would a real pizza guy have gone to the front desk instead of the room directly? The pizza box is clearly not big enough to hold a pizza?

I want to say the original solution was that the pizza arrived too quickly or something, but I might be misremembering.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Third Murderer posted:

I want to say the original solution was that the pizza arrived too quickly or something, but I might be misremembering.

It's even stupider than that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

If that bothers you, don't read the first panel carefully.

• Locked thread