Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Basebf555 posted:

Are the actual fight scenes any good in Man with the Iron Fists?

Not really. There also aren't all that many of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

morestuff posted:

Netflix stuff for March. Kind of a light month, but Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt looks funny, and I've been meaning to see Life Itself and The Man With The Iron Fists. How to Train Your Dragon 2 is probably a big get, as well.

Patch Adams and Third Rock from the Sun both rule, as far as my 13 year old self recalls

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Your 13 year old self is extremely wrong about Patch Adams.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Oh man I have been really curious to see God's Not Dead but didn't ever want to pay money for even from Redbox so :allears:

Also Teen Witch rules

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

precision posted:

Oh man I have been really curious to see God's Not Dead but didn't ever want to pay money for even from Redbox so :allears:

A liberal Muslim homosexual ACLU lawyer professor and abortion doctor was teaching a class on Karl Marx, known atheist
“Before the class begins, you must get on your knees and worship Marx and accept that he was the most highly-evolved being the world has ever known, even greater than Jesus Christ!”

At this moment, a brave, patriotic, pro-life Navy SEAL champion who had served 1500 tours of duty and understood the necessity of war and fully supported all military decision made by the United States stood up and held up a rock.

“How old is this rock?”

The arrogant professor smirked quite Jewishly and smugly replied “4.6 billion years, you stupid Christian”

“Wrong. It’s been 5,000 years since God created it. If it was 4.6 billion years old and evolution, as you say, is real… then it should be an animal now”

The professor was visibly shaken, and dropped his chalk and copy of Origin of the Species. He stormed out of the room crying those liberal crocodile tears.

The students applauded and all registered Republican that day and accepted Jesus as their lord and savior. An eagle named “Small Government” flew into the room and perched atop the American Flag and shed a tear on the chalk. The pledge of allegiance was read several times, and God himself showed up and enacted a flat tax rate across the country.

The professor lost his tenure and was fired the next day. He died of the gay plague AIDS and was tossed into the lake of fire for all eternity.

Semper Fi

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

And that lake of fire's name? Albert Brooks.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

weekly font posted:

Batista's fight is probably the best but I was disappointed his weak spot wasn't his balls, because that's a kung fu movie staple for iron skins.

At the same time you can look at Brass Body's Brass Balls as a subversion of the trope. Or just the movie being way too PG, which was my problem.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I would absolutely never rent God's Not Dead, but I might have to watch it on Netflix, preferably with my horrible atheist friends.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I want to see Kevin Sorbo play a smug atheist that gets owned by a thoughtful Christian.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Did everyone get the memo that House of Cards season 3 is out on Friday? I'm curious where President Underwood is going to take us.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
The Brothers Grimm is pretty entertaining.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

LloydDobler posted:

Did everyone get the memo that House of Cards season 3 is out on Friday? I'm curious where President Underwood is going to take us.

probably to prison. this is the last season right?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

A MIRACLE posted:

probably to prison. this is the last season right?

I don't think it's been announced as the last season, and people are just guessing based on the UK series being three seasons.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

a worthy uhh posted:

“How old is this rock?”

The arrogant professor smirked quite Jewishly and smugly replied “4.6 billion years, you stupid Christian”

“Wrong. It’s been 5,000 years since God created it. If it was 4.6 billion years old and evolution, as you say, is real… then it should be an animal now”

Got a chuckle out of this, thanks.

Glad to Hear about ABC's of Death 2 as well. I heard good things about the sequel but lukewarm things about the original. I assume that as a horror anthology there's no reason I can't skip straight to part two?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I would not recommend ABC's of Death 1 under any circumstances.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
If you watch god's not dead then be sure to listen to the flophouse podcast episode about that movie. It's loving ridiculous.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Hey. The guy who directed Detention and Torque just released an R rated fan film remake thing of Power Rangers.

It stars James Van Der Beek and Katee Sackhoff. loving watch it.

this is the sfw version because apparently the R rated vimeo was taken down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw5vcUPyL90

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

I know I am going to love everything about God's Not Dead except the actual message of God's Not Dead. I can't wait.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
ABCs of Death 1 is hit and miss. Mostly miss, but there's only a couple that don't at least touch on something interesting, and they're all short enough that if one doesn't grab you it's over fast.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Of Miracles and Men is pretty good because it is less about "Where are they now?" and more "Here's a brief history of the Russian hockey program partially told from the player's points of view".

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

I know I am going to love everything about God's Not Dead except the actual message of God's Not Dead. I can't wait.

I wish God Told Me To was on Instant Watch.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

weekly font posted:

Batista's fight is probably the best but I was disappointed his weak spot wasn't his balls, because that's a kung fu movie staple for iron skins.

Or in Crippled Avengers, where the guy with iron skin's weak spot is getting a hole kicked in his chest by a guy with a prosthetic iron leg.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I would not recommend ABC's of Death 1 under any circumstances.

Pretty much this. It's a bizarrely bad film. I think everyone goes in thinking "surely not every one of these is bad. There's some good filmmakers here so there must be something here worthwhile", but no. It's pretty much all bad. There's a few that are passable but I think if those had to stand on their own rather than surrounded by just the worst crap then even they would be underwhelming at best.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Hm. Never heard of it.so the second one is worth watching though? It seems to have decent reviews.

E: oh it's not on Netflix nm

MacGowans Teeth
Aug 13, 2003

axleblaze posted:

Pretty much this. It's a bizarrely bad film. I think everyone goes in thinking "surely not every one of these is bad. There's some good filmmakers here so there must be something here worthwhile", but no. It's pretty much all bad. There's a few that are passable but I think if those had to stand on their own rather than surrounded by just the worst crap then even they would be underwhelming at best.

Most of it was bad, but the animated segment with the woman trying to get her poo poo back into the toilet, and it's making cute squeaking sounds the whole time was hilarious. Actually, I guess there were a few besides that one that were WTF enough to be entertaining, but I agree that it was mostly just not that good.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Or in Crippled Avengers, where the guy with iron skin's weak spot is getting a hole kicked in his chest by a guy with a prosthetic iron leg.

Really, his weak spot is thinking that he was invincible. Took that dude out before he could even strut his stuff.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
ABCs of Death 2 is okay. I liked it better than the first because it wasn't as fecal-centric, but it still varies wildly. I did like the surreal stop motion video for Delouse, if only for how bizarre it is.

I didn't finish either of them, if that is any indication.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
For my part I thought ABCs of Death 2 was actually much more mediocre. The first one at least had a couple memorable/good sequences, the second one is just really forgettable.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I gave Nightwatch a chance a few years ago and just didn't 'get' it. I'm not averse to some cultural wierdness in foreign films but it was just odd. Especially the video game fight scenes. Can anyone suggest why I should give it another go or am I just better off moving on?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

NESguerilla posted:

Hm. Never heard of it.so the second one is worth watching though? It seems to have decent reviews.

E: oh it's not on Netflix nm

It will be in March.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug

Doctor Butts posted:

Of Miracles and Men is pretty good because it is less about "Where are they now?" and more "Here's a brief history of the Russian hockey program partially told from the player's points of view".

I watched about the first 5 minutes before heading off to play hockey and it looked great. Can't wait to watch this on Sunday.

NyxBiker
Sep 24, 2014

Lycus posted:

I don't think it's been announced as the last season, and people are just guessing based on the UK series being three seasons.

They should announce it at the start of the last season in my opinion, it pisses me off when i'm watching a tv series and I discover only after the last episode that it has been the last episode of the last season. I hope it doesn't happen with stuff like TWD.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Man with the Iron Fists is just dull, and bad. It looked potentially awesome as a preview but the reality is horribly disappointing. So many cool ingredients too. It's not entertainingly bad, either. Just bad bad.

Short Penguin
Jun 1, 2010

That Works posted:

I gave Nightwatch a chance a few years ago and just didn't 'get' it. I'm not averse to some cultural wierdness in foreign films but it was just odd. Especially the video game fight scenes. Can anyone suggest why I should give it another go or am I just better off moving on?

I'd move on, the second is weirder. I enjoyed the video game fight scenes, but...it's not everyone's cup of tea.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

NyxBiker posted:

They should announce it at the start of the last season in my opinion, it pisses me off when i'm watching a tv series and I discover only after the last episode that it has been the last episode of the last season. I hope it doesn't happen with stuff like TWD.

I think they will announce the final season of House of Cards, and since they didn't, season 3 won't be the last.

Also, Season 3 features the girls from Russian band Pussy Riot.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
So Showgirls actually loving rules. gently caress the haters, Paul Verhoeven is the man.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

K. Waste posted:

So Showgirls actually loving rules.

That was never in doubt by anyone who realizes it wasn't, at any stage of its writing or filming, a serious drama.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

K. Waste posted:

So Showgirls actually loving rules. gently caress the haters, Paul Verhoeven is the man.

It really does. As someone pointed out here recently, it looks awesome, too.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

It really does. As someone pointed out here recently, it looks awesome, too.

Seriously, I was screen-grabbing stills the whole way through. I feel really bad that no matter what Paul Verhoeven did in his entire career making films in America, people still never loving caught the net. I'd honestly place Showgirls above RoboCop, and just below Starship Troopers in terms of his best American films. It's that good. (Context: Total Recall is unbeatable, basically. He should have just retired after that.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

K. Waste posted:

Hell yeah. It's so ridiculously trashy and beautiful at the same time.