Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Meatwave posted:

From the Marvel twitter account:

Hulk looks like he's dropping a deuce. But then again, he sort of looks like that all the time.

Will see AoU on opening weekend. That poster is mad ugly, sometimes I feel like poster designers need to go back to visual design school or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

A cresting wave of heroes waiting to crash down.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

MacheteZombie posted:

Will see AoU on opening weekend. That poster is mad ugly, sometimes I feel like poster designers need to go back to visual design school or something.

Much like the trailers, they don't have to put very much effort into selling Avengers.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Harlock posted:

A cresting wave of heroes waiting to crash down.

Again, I'm an unapologetic sucker of the MCU's big floppy donger, but I'll be very surprised if a huge part of CineD isn't throwing a "we've finally got a bomb!" party for Ant-Man come summertime.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

MacheteZombie posted:

Well it's not meant to be artificially perfect, it's meant to let people know there's another film with Iron Man, Hulk, Captain American and their friends coming out. So really, it's fine. I'd never hang it on my wall, but for hanging on a cinema wall as a giant advert, again, its fine.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
It looks like one of those posters that was originally a mural of banner ones that they've now just crammed into a one-sheet.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

It's a lot better than the Captain America 2 character posters that had slightly funky proportions making the subject look like a midget.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
Jackson looks absolutely dejected.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Jackson looks absolutely dejected.

Yeah, he sure is projecting a lot of dissatisfaction in this picture he didn't pose for.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

PriorMarcus posted:

What's the last five films you've actually watched that she was in?

I don't know about him but I'm getting pretty fatigued too, and to answer your question:

Under the Skin
Her
Don Jon
Winter Soldier
Lucy

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

PriorMarcus posted:

Yeah, he sure is projecting a lot of dissatisfaction in this picture he didn't pose for.
This seems entirely irrelevant to the fact that the poster makes it look like he's ready to throw himself off his own helicarrier.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Hasters posted:

I don't know about him but I'm getting pretty fatigued too, and to answer your question:

Under the Skin
Her
Don Jon
Winter Soldier
Lucy

All good to great.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Hasters posted:

Under the Skin
Her
Don Jon
Winter Soldier
Lucy

All good to great. I mean, maybe if you watched them in a week I'd understand.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Could you cobble together a list of good to great movies Ryan Reynolds was ever in? Say what you will about Scarlett Johannson, even when she's the worst thing in a film the film itself is usually very good.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Could you cobble together a list of good to great movies Ryan Reynolds was ever in? Say what you will about Scarlett Johannson, even when she's the worst thing in a film the film itself is usually very good.

Buried and Adventureland I guess. It's a short list, and even that first one is easily debatable.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Harold and Kumar.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I'm not her biggest fan either, but poo poo, she was in Ghost World, The Man Who Wasn't There, Lost in Translation, etc.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

I'm not her biggest fan either, but poo poo, she was in Ghost World, The Man Who Wasn't There, Lost in Translation, etc.

She's probably been in twice as many good films as someone like Amy Adams, but I don't look out for her as much.

She's also in the better comic book franchise of the two.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Even Eight Legged Freaks was good.

Home Alone 3 was pretty awful though, but she's barely even a part of that-- more set dressing than a character, although mercifully not as a sex object since she's like 12 in it.

mind the walrus fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Feb 24, 2015

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

PriorMarcus posted:

She's probably been in twice as many good films as someone like Amy Adams, but I don't look out for her as much.

She's also in the better comic book franchise of the two.

That's depressing as hell, Amy Adams really deserves a better career than she does. She's like Julianne Moore in more ways than one.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Blade Trinity

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

That's depressing as hell, Amy Adams really deserves a better career than she does. She's like Julianne Moore in more ways than one.

True but Amy Adams probably has more respect in the public eye because I can't recall many times after like that early Office episode in 2005 where she's been used in a movie as an object of lust quite the same way ScarJo has been. Then again if she had ScarJo's exceptional breasts and complexion who is to say she wouldn't have been?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

mind the walrus posted:

True but Amy Adams probably has more respect in the public eye because I can't recall many times after like that early Office episode in 2005 where she's been used in a movie as an object of lust quite the same way ScarJo has been. Then again if she had ScarJo's exceptional breasts and complexion who is to say she wouldn't have been?

Walk Hard is the other time, of course. She might've pulled a Julianne Moore and just agreed to full frontal in every movie she's in.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

mind the walrus posted:

True but Amy Adams probably has more respect in the public eye because I can't recall many times after like that early Office episode in 2005 where she's been used in a movie as an object of lust quite the same way ScarJo has been.

This at least feels intentional on Scarlett's part — the five movies listed above all touch on being that kind of target and push back against it in interesting ways. I love seeing movie stars chase roles that shade their public persona like that.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

PriorMarcus posted:

Well it's not meant to be artificially perfect, it's meant to let people know there's another film with Iron Man, Hulk, Captain American and their friends coming out. So really, it's fine. I'd never hang it on my wall, but for hanging on a cinema wall as a giant advert, again, its fine.

Yeah it's fine from a standpoint of "just inform folks who is in movie." It just happens to be super ugly at portraying that. The photoshopping and text layering (specifically the names) are terrible is the main thing for me. You can have a cramp busy poster that still looks good, even if its a flawed concept. This was a lazy concept and lazier execution, like most Marvel movies!

I'll stay pay to watch them. They have me by the balls. Why did I grow up reading comics!?!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Amy Adams has also been Hollywood old for a while now, so that's probably some part of it.

Walk Hard is the other time, of course. She might've pulled a Julianne Moore and just agreed to full frontal in every movie she's in.

Amy Adams isn't in Walk Hard.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

I don't think she's ever been nude though.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

PriorMarcus posted:

I don't think she's ever been nude though.

I hate that I knew this but I happen to know that she showed her rear end in some stupid beach movie that also featured the "nice guy" from Buffy back around the year 2000. Did she show her tits in The Master? I watched it last night but I honestly can't remember because there were a lot of tits in that movie.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I compared SJ to Ryan Reynolds because I imagine in the near future she's just going to be the default "white female lead" in a lot of inoffensive average movies in the near future.

Seeing her cast in a whitewashed film was my SJ tipping point, as much as I've seen plenty of decent movies with her in it.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Echo Chamber posted:

Seeing her cast in a whitewashed film was my SJ tipping point, as much as I've seen plenty of decent movies with her in it.

Why didn't it illicit the same anger from you when she took the role of Samantha away from Mrs. Speak and Spell?

mind the walrus posted:

Did she show her tits in The Master? I watched it last night but I honestly can't remember because there were a lot of tits in that movie.

I don't remember there being any nudity in The Master but the last time I watched it was in the cinema.

PriorMarcus fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Feb 24, 2015

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

What do we even know about the live-action GITS movie besides that Scarlet Johansson is in it? Is that even definite?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Aphrodite posted:

Amy Adams isn't in Walk Hard.

Oh yeah, I am confusing her with Jenna Fischer aren't I?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Echo Chamber posted:

I compared SJ to Ryan Reynolds because I imagine in the near future she's just going to be the default "white female lead" in a lot of inoffensive average movies in the near future.

This implies that Ryan Reynolds was ever on a higher level than inoffensive average movies, which much as I like him he never was. ScarJo as we just discussed on the last page actually has a deceptively impressive resume of movies for a woman best known for being exceptionally pretty with giant breasts.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Echo Chamber posted:

While you're imagining this, look at her resume. Name one movie Reynolds is in that's half as good as Under The Skin.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oh yeah, I am confusing her with Jenna Fischer aren't I?

Yeah, though she is in Talladega Nights in a similar role.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

PriorMarcus posted:

I don't remember there being any nudity in The Master but the last time I watched it was in the cinema.

There's an entire scene where Joaquin Phoenix pictures all the women at a party completely naked around fully-clothed men while Phillip Seymour Hoffman vamps about singing a song, and that's not even the first instance of nudity in it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

While you're imagining this, look at her resume. Name one movie Reynolds is in that's half as good as Under The Skin.

Harold and Kumar.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Harold and Kumar.

By this logic he was also great in Ted.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

Harold and Kumar.

Maybe its half as good if you watch them both baked. Yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
ScarJo is doing probably the smartest possible thing career-wise right now, where she's taking as many high profile well paying jobs as she can while she's still considered hot and she's also doing a bunch of indie things so she can have an established track record of being a good actress when she gets too old by Hollywood standard. You say in a few years she'll be just be cast in standard roles, but it's more likely in a few years she'll be struggling to get the type of work she's getting now because the public will have moved on to the next gorgeous young actress.