Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer

Fuzz posted:

I bought Smash, MH4, and Link Between Worlds all off the eShop and none of them gave me coins. I have a whopping like, 8 coins because I only play at home.

They're referring to the club Nintendo coins you used to get from buying new games. They were used to "purchase" digital/physical rewards from club.nintendo.com but the program is ending next month. Play coins are the ones you get from walking around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Fuzz posted:

I bought Smash, MH4, and Link Between Worlds all off the eShop and none of them gave me coins. I have a whopping like, 8 coins because I only play at home.

Those are different coins; "play coins." Log in at Club Nintendo to see if you have any product registration surveys that can be filled out to redeem "bought about 700 dollars worth of games to get a desk calendar made of paperboard coins."

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

eightysixed posted:

I thought some played nicer than others?

The Secure Digital standard ensures that all SD cards work the same! It's like magic!

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
But then there's Kingston.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

enojy posted:

Those are different coins; "play coins." Log in at Club Nintendo to see if you have any product registration surveys that can be filled out to redeem "bought about 700 dollars worth of games to get a desk calendar made of paperboard coins."

Then what the hell are play coins for?

EDIT: And just get a 64GB G.Skill micro SD and then DOWNLOAD ALL THE THINGS.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Fuzz posted:

Animal Crossing and Mii Plaza games, I think

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Fuzz posted:

You can use them in the Mii Plaza Streetpass games or if retail games support it, things. Like in Shin Megami Tensei IV, you can pay Charon in Play Coins to resurrect if you die.

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

I am Leto, Lion of Atreides
I bought ALBW from Amazon 3 or 4 days before the N3DSXL release, and I got the coins card in the case.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
UK people, Tesco has some decent hardware deals right now

2DS (blue/black, white/red) - 49GBP
http://www.tesco.com/direct/nintendo-2ds-black-blue/140-9616.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=140-9616
http://www.tesco.com/direct/nintendo-2ds-white-red/604-4095.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=604-4095

Blue/Black 2DS / NSMB2 + all DLC, 79GBP
http://www.tesco.com/direct/black-and-blue-2ds-console-and-new-super-mario-bros-2/633-6311.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=633-6311

Transparent Red 2DS / Pokemon Omega Ruby - 79GBP
http://www.tesco.com/direct/red-skeleton-2ds-console-and-pokemon-omega-ruby/370-2027.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=370-2027

Pink OG 3DS, 49GBP:
http://www.tesco.com/direct/nintendo-3ds-coral-pink/215-4448.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=215-4448

White OG 3DS, 59GBP:
http://www.tesco.com/direct/nintendo-3ds-ice-white/215-4443.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=215-4443

Black/silver 3DS XL, 99GBP:
http://www.tesco.com/direct/nintendo-3ds-xl-blacksilver/275-2139.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=275-2139

White 3DS XL / Super Mario 3D Land - 119GBP
http://www.tesco.com/direct/white-nintendo-3ds-xl-with-super-mario-3d-land-limited-edition/292-4655.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=292-4655

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Feb 25, 2015

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

noirstronaut posted:

But then there's Kingston.

Yea. That's what I was kind of driving at.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
I think I'm going through withdrawals after the high I got during the release of this system.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

You aren't using the system?

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

noirstronaut posted:

Welp. Thread's been solved. What else is there to post?

smdyff

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

You aren't using the system?

I got the 3DS last Tuesday, then on Saturday I got a WiiU and started playing the gently caress out of that and left my 3DS on the shelf and kind of felt "ehh I should have just bought the WiiU to start with" and was all meh about the 3DS. Then today I whipped it out on the train to work and played some Mario 3D Land and I was all whoaaaaa just like one day one :3:

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
I'm playing it. I just got really excited during the release of the system, like how some people must feel perpetually about amiibos.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
Woo I get my system back tomorrow. Took them a week to replace the lovely screen but that's a lot better than the 3 week estimate they gave me.

On a related note: the repair center is 3 minutes from here and I coincidentally drove past it twice last night going to class. vOv

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Super Mario 3D Land is so much better played in 3D, which I refused to do until I got the magical N3DS.

Glad I held off on Azran Legacy too because holy cow the 3D is really gorgeous in that game.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
So I freaking love my new3DS and all, but I'm hankerin' for a good open world sandbox game. Something in the vein of the classics, GTA, Saints Row, Just Cause, Assassin's Creed, etc. Games I spent a lot of time loading up just to crash cars and blow off steam. From googling, it looks like my options are Lego City Undercover (reportedly very mediocre) or replaying GTA: Chinatown Wars. Have I missed anything?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

It's sad that I knew exactly what this meant right as I read it.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
still lollin about that post

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/c7KSQeIGqDbHZ2QLlD5L4wUiLatzhVOM

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Give me back Spotpass Swapnote, Nintendo. :argh:

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

I am Leto, Lion of Atreides
Are any of the StreetPass games worth buying?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I hope one day Nintendo realizes that not everybody lives in Japan and integrates some kind of WiFi StreetPass thing.

Well, first I guess they'd have to figure out how the Internet works for that, too.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

precision posted:

I hope one day Nintendo realizes that not everybody lives in Japan and integrates some kind of WiFi StreetPass thing.

Well, first I guess they'd have to figure out how the Internet works for that, too.

maybe someday they'll add a way to chat with friends in any way at all

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

corn in the bible posted:

maybe someday they'll add a way to chat with friends in any way at all

With the New Nintendo 3DS, it's very easy to chat with your friends. Simply turn your face to theirs and begin speaking. They will hear your words in real-time and you will even see them react!

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

Jadaris posted:

Are any of the StreetPass games worth buying?

Mini Force is a fun space shooter with lots of challenges for earning plaza tickets, but not much replayability and becomes a bit of a grind to get the tickets.

Flower Town is awesome and the only one I still play. I wish they had made a full game out of that model. But maybe not for you if breeding flowers doesn't sound like fun.

Warrior's Way is pure poo poo. Just a glorified rock-papers-scissors game, and depends a bit on luck.

Monster Manor is great, not as deep as Flower Town but fun gameplay and takes a long time to beat.

If you're going to get two of the four, you might as well get the full set because you can get four for the price of three. Plus you need all four if you want to collect all the Mii hats.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

precision posted:

With the New Nintendo 3DS, it's very easy to chat with your friends. Simply turn your face to theirs and begin speaking. They will hear your words in real-time and you will even see them react!

Look at this scrub. Have you not seen the exciting new grip with a two-way radio mounted to the back? You can use it to chat with someone on the other side of the room while you play against them!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

pokemon shuffle makin me lol

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Pokemon Shuffle is the worst thing Nintendo has done in a long time

oh poo poo my hearts are full BRB I'm gonna catch that fucker Slowbro this time, I swear

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Does Trozei play exactly the same? Because I kinda like Shuffle.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

elf help book posted:

It doesn't have all the features Shuffle does but basically yes.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

elf help book posted:

Trozei's levels are all pretty much like the timed Expert levels in Shuffle but with more gimmicks. I don't like it nearly as much as Shuffle.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Despite the tagline, I have never ever felt the need to catch them all in any pokemon. I tried the shuffle and when I got the trinity during the tutorial, call it a day I'm done. Don't think it's fun enough to grind them to evolve.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bombadilillo posted:

Despite the tagline, I have never ever felt the need to catch them all in any pokemon. I tried the shuffle and when I got the trinity during the tutorial, call it a day I'm done. Don't think it's fun enough to grind them to evolve.

Well, that's not a problem, cause they don't evolve; you catch their evolved forms separately. :v: Leveling them up simply makes them stronger.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Manky posted:

So I freaking love my new3DS and all, but I'm hankerin' for a good open world sandbox game. Something in the vein of the classics, GTA, Saints Row, Just Cause, Assassin's Creed, etc. Games I spent a lot of time loading up just to crash cars and blow off steam. From googling, it looks like my options are Lego City Undercover (reportedly very mediocre) or replaying GTA: Chinatown Wars. Have I missed anything?

I'm hankering for the same thing.

I have to think the 3ds could handle the ps2-era gta's. Rockstar get on that!!!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I'm hankering for the same thing.

I have to think the 3ds could handle the ps2-era gta's. Rockstar get on that!!!

If it can handle Xenoblade's draw distances without making GBS threads itself, there's no reason the new3DS couldn't handle a GTA game.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Bravely Default goons,

I started playing yesterday and am in chapter one. I decided to do the side quest where you get the thief class before I went south of the desert city. I got the class and defeated the thief but am getting my rear end destroyed by the French sounding merchant in the town.

I don't want to look up poo poo in a guide because I am weak and will rely on it instead of just playing. My question is, can I go forward to do the main storyline quest and come back after doing that dungeon south of the city?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

Bravely Default goons,

I started playing yesterday and am in chapter one. I decided to do the side quest where you get the thief class before I went south of the desert city. I got the class and defeated the thief but am getting my rear end destroyed by the French sounding merchant in the town.

I don't want to look up poo poo in a guide because I am weak and will rely on it instead of just playing. My question is, can I go forward to do the main storyline quest and come back after doing that dungeon south of the city?

You basically have until the end of the game to do any sidequest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

Bravely Default goons,

That game is 50% grind when stuck, 50% you are not using a synergistic enough party. Early game you can grind to advance, so do that now. You might need to spend more time in areas in general to avoid hitting walls.

Later you NEED to find crazy skill combos or look some up. It was fun playing when it first was out and people in the thread had crazy new things they discovered, I am sure now there are some known best combos out there.

So if you do guide it you will find the best combos, grind a bit or try something yourself before you go that route, just know in the endgame you might need help.