Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
black potus
Jul 13, 2006
nic fit is an untouchables song. the deck creator claims he was listening to the sonic youth cover when he first put the deck together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Partial Octopus posted:

It's all good. Sorry we couldn't get an extension!

Procrastinator. When is a good time for you to play?

I'll let you know tomorrow. Getting the results of a biopsy in the afternoon so my ability to play might be impacted.

Ranpire
Nov 6, 2012

Hobojim posted:

Let me know when you're ready go!

Edit: Also, to add to current chat, I've always thought the nic in nic fit was for pernicious deed. PerNICious deed. I have no idea why I thought that. :shrug:

I should be around every evening this week, starting this time (~5 US Central) or a little later, hop on IRC and hit me up! Can't run Xmage, will need to use Cockatrice, as a heads up. Best of luck!

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

streaming vs lordsaturn http://www.twitch.tv/esporks

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

I got it 2-1.

That was loving gross, I am actually sorry for topdecking the way I did. Your discard spells should work better than that.

On the other hand, it feels good to be a Cranial Plating gangster. :getin:

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

LordSaturn posted:

I got it 2-1.

That was loving gross, I am actually sorry for topdecking the way I did. Your discard spells should work better than that.

On the other hand, it feels good to be a Cranial Plating gangster. :getin:
Those games were so not fair...
g1 I duress-ed your cranial plating, and you just topdeck another one.
g2 I get a turn 3 kill.
g3 Your board is some dumb do nothing memnites. I cabal naming plating and your hand is dumb do nothing lands. You topdeck cranial plating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89QR74hm7CM

eSporks fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Feb 25, 2015

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

gang sines posted:

9) Lonely Bridge vs C-Euro

Heyyyyyyyyy buddy I am usually free after 9PM CST on weekdays, and available on and off sporadically on weekends. Let me know what works for you, I can do xMage or Cockatrice.

Lonely Bridge
Apr 12, 2008

I'm Eastern time. I can try to hop on the irc sometime at night when you're available but that's around when I typically try to get off the computer. I look forward to seeing your deck in action.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

So long story short I have been informed that I have cancer. I'm not sure about my ability to play, but I think I can handle it, especially before chemo starts.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

Procrastinator posted:

So long story short I have been informed that I have cancer. I'm not sure about my ability to play, but I think I can handle it, especially before chemo starts.

gently caress, man, I was really pulling for it to be mono :(.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Can't you just put the cancer off for a little while and procrastinate it.
In seriousness, that really sucks man. I wish you the best.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please
Seems in bad taste to call the next tournament the Procrastinator Memorial :( Hope everything turns out well

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Procrastinator posted:

poo poo man. I'm sorry. I'm sure you have a lot going on right now so If you want we can just take the draw (if no one has a problem with us IDing). We would both be in the top 8 anyway. Otherwise I'm available pretty much whenever except for Friday and Saturday night.

GottaPayDaTrollToll
Dec 3, 2009

by Lowtax

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

TrollToll, I think I have most of tonight off, I'll be in IRC when I'm ready to go.

Sorry I missed you. Tonight or the weekend during the day work for you?

GottaPayDaTrollToll
Dec 3, 2009

by Lowtax
I beat PhyrexianLibrarian 2-0. Game 1 was a forty-minute slog that saw 20+ life gained between us off of Siege Rhino triggers on his side and Jitte activations on mine. Game 2 was quicker.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003
Lost to Chamale, 2-1.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I beat Perpetual Idiot 2-1. Our games were extremely long grindfests. In the first I died to his pile of value after he assembled Land Tax and Scroll Rack. In game 2 he put that together, but I managed to Stifle the first Land Tax trigger and then win with Thought Lash, Laboratory Maniac, and an Intuition that gave him a choice between Brainstorm, Brainstorm, and Gitaxian Probe. I sided out the Stifles in game 3, and after his first turn he stayed ahead on lands the whole game. He tried getting me with Goblin Charbelcher and Chains of Mephistopheles, but I was able to threaten the win by using Jace's Brainstorm with a Laboratory Maniac in play, 3 cards in hand and 2 cards in my library. In response to his Belcher activation, I exiled my last cards and drew a card with Top.

No video this time, but a couple screenshots. Here's my turn 2 in game 3, just before I decided to Intuition for 3 fetchlands:

This is what the boardstate looked like right before I won:

The fabled Chains of Mephistopheles came down too late to win the game.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

GottaPayDaTrollToll posted:

I beat PhyrexianLibrarian 2-0. Game 1 was a forty-minute slog that saw 20+ life gained between us off of Siege Rhino triggers on his side and Jitte activations on mine. Game 2 was quicker.

Confirming this, I was well routed and can only blame myself. Definitely learned a lot for next time, I'll be playing the deck in paper this weekend which should be a lot faster.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
http://twitch.tv/gangsines streaming vs march

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
http://hitbox.tv/marchhare streaming vs gangsines~

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
2-1 vs march. definitely though you had me a few times there :I

video here, complete with mumbly rear end commentary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDwHWZUMh88

black potus fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Feb 26, 2015

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

gang sines posted:

2-1 vs march. definitely though you had me a few times there :I

video here, complete with mumbly rear end commentary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDwHWZUMh88

Yeah, I was a land short a few times :~) ggs.

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
always be closing beat me 2-1.

I go off on the draw game 1.
He lands a Leyline of the Void after some hand disruption game 2, which I can't surmount.
He mulls down to a Leyline game 3. I have a glimmer of hope by going on the beatdown, but he's already set up a solid Cursed Scroll lock by the time I get a creature on the field.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
^^^this, nerve racking affair!

Flea Bargain
Dec 9, 2008

'Twas brillig

Wildfire 2-0 Snacks in two pretty lopsided games. My draws were excellent and he couldn't seem to get much going.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please
Video of my match vs. GottaPayDaTrollToll: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUnhPqInMT4

Lonely Bridge
Apr 12, 2008

C-Euro - I'll try to stick around the IRC throughout the weekend. I should be open aside from Modern on Saturday evening and sporadic errands.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Lonely Bridge posted:

C-Euro - I'll try to stick around the IRC throughout the weekend. I should be open aside from Modern on Saturday evening and sporadic errands.

Yeah sorry, this week has been pretty rough but I should have time hop on IRC tonight.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

@Jabor I should be around to play our match most of the time this weekend, I'll be in the IRC.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Ranpire beats me 2-0 in some pretty long, intense matches. Good times.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

TheLawinator posted:

@Jabor I should be around to play our match most of the time this weekend, I'll be in the IRC.

Same here, I'll be chilling in both #mtgoon and #legacythunderdome. Hit me up when you see me.

Ranpire
Nov 6, 2012
Reporting my 2-0 win over Hobojim's delvers! (or rather, his Goblin Guides, not a single delver in sight all match)

Game 1 seemed like a relatively slow start for his deck, with only a turn 2 Guide applying pressure in the earlygame - and me responding to it with Brainstorm for free draws. I established a land base and Candelabra, he tried to close the game out with Price of Progress, and then the power of the 3 Crop Rotations I kept started paying off as I was able to rotate for Chasm to prevent the damage, then rotate into more lands, land a safe Primeval Titan (could have played it faster but was afraid of Daze) into eventually playing Eye of Ugin, using it, and playing Emrakul in the same turn.

I boarded out Repeals, Pithing Needles, and some copies of slower cards and brought in all the Forces and Flusterstorms, since I absolutely could not afford to let Price of Progress or Gilded Drakes resolve.

Game 2 was a nailbiter, with me mulling into a shaky hand of lands and Forces and Brainstorms and Hobojim keeping what I assume was double Goblin Guide and some combination of Snapcasters and lands. The two guides laid quite a beatdown - though again they also turned my Brainstorm into Ancestral Recall. Then some very squirrely things occurred. Jim flashed in a Snapcaster for no value trying to beat me down, and then went for the kill with bolts... but forgot I had Forces and ran into a counterspell and brainstorm-for-more-counters battle that ended with my Flusterstorm trumping his entire pile. He came out of it with no cards in hand, two Guides and a Snapcaster, vs my 5 life, Candelabra and Top in play, and Glacial Chasm and Trinket Mage on top of the deck.

Chasm came down next turn, I got lucky and he didn't draw burn, and I faced some hard choices about what to do next. Eventually I figured I couldn't really beat any good draw and should just try to deal with the board and hope he'd draw air, so I tapped and threw away my Top for the Mage, fetched Engineered Explosives, blew up the Guides and my Candelabra and blocked Snappy, and played some Glimmerposts to get back up in life. Another Snapcaster and Grim Lavamancer landed, but then I finally had enough lands, and luckily drew Crop Rotation, resolving that, Forcing his Force, getting Eye and Emrakul, going down to 2 life in the process. He had exactly 6 permanents in play - one more and even Emrakul wouldn't have been good enough on its own.

Definitely did not expect to win this matchup against Price of Progress in the main and Sulfuric Vortex and Gilded Drake in the side. I think I got very lucky and Hobojim's draws were very bad; almost any other nonland cards in his deck would have crushed me there. Props to him, some nice plays both ways in those games.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

Took it 2-1 over Jabor's infect. He almost killed me with a noble hierarch which would have had something like 36 power in game 1. Flickerwiiiiisp.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

TheLawinator posted:

Took it 2-1 over Jabor's infect. He almost killed me with a noble hierarch which would have had something like 36 power in game 1. Flickerwiiiiisp.

Yeah, fun games, thanks. Video will be up at some point so you can all see me loving up a brainstorm that would have won me g3.

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoxqWJTOpXs

Jabor fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Feb 28, 2015

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

TheLawinator posted:

This makes me so happy. :allears:

instantrunoffvote
Jul 23, 2007

I beat born on a buy you 2-0.

Game 1 I just dropped turn one Chalice, which is basically game against storm. Game 2 I kept a hand that could kill with helmline turn 3 (or turn 2 if drew a sol land) but only had leyline, explosives, and a force with no blue card for disruption. He had probe into cabal therapy to stop my kill, but then didn't kill me for long enough for me to draw into trinisphere and chalice and eventually kill him. Not the most interactive games I've played.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Lonely Bridge I will definitely have time to play tonight, I'll be on IRC starting at 8-9 CST. Sorry I've been a bum about it until now.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

instantrunoffvote posted:

I beat born on a buy you 2-0.

Game 1 I just dropped turn one Chalice, which is basically game against storm. Game 2 I kept a hand that could kill with helmline turn 3 (or turn 2 if drew a sol land) but only had leyline, explosives, and a force with no blue card for disruption. He had probe into cabal therapy to stop my kill, but then didn't kill me for long enough for me to draw into trinisphere and chalice and eventually kill him. Not the most interactive games I've played.

Yeah, was always a turn away from going off then chalice got me.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

1-2 on the back of drawing 0 lands in like 9 turns. Hooray.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I managed to draw one of my 8 fatties before he drew one of his lands.

Thanks for putting me on the whitelist, march.

• Locked thread