Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR

Godholio posted:

Two of our people got tats Hep C at the shop across from the main gate for some loving reason, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

USMC503 posted:

The way that is worded (he is in DEP and went through MEPS) makes me think he already IS open contract.

The recruiter conned the gently caress out of that idiot. If he doesn't know his MOS field, that means he signed paperwork without one lol.

Eh. It's what I had to do to get an Infantry contract.

Victor Vermis posted:

Went through MEPS and signed my Open Contract with the Marine Corps on Thursday.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

OZYMANDICKASS posted:

Eh. It's what I had to do to get an Infantry contract.

oh. oh my. just look how precious you were back then you lil scamp :3:

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
My little brother got an infantry contact thorough DEP. Then he volunteered to go to 0313 school while he was in SOI. He bitches about it a lot.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

USMC503 posted:

The way that is worded (he is in DEP and went through MEPS) makes me think he already IS open contract.

The recruiter conned the gently caress out of that idiot. If he doesn't know his MOS field, that means he signed paperwork without one lol.

I've got a buddy who's a ranger now that went army after I told him the usmc recruiter was loving him over.

The recruiter got him to agree to go to meps and swear in on some poo poo mos, telling him that he'd change it to infantry before he shipped. I lol'd pretty hard and told him what was up.

Then I got the kids father fired for trying to gently caress me over. Good times.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

vulturesrow posted:

My little brother got an infantry contact thorough DEP. Then he volunteered to go to 0313 school while he was in SOI. He bitches about it a lot.

what a dummy

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Yeah p. much. I tried like hell to talk him out of infantry altogether. Obviously I failed.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

vulturesrow posted:

LAVs are gay. When did he go?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

I went on leave once and the CPO Yeoman asked me to send him a postcard from home. So I sent him one that said "greetings from redlands!"

It was just a black postcard because there is not a drat thing to do there.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

LAVs are gay. When did he go?

Would've went through late 2011/early 2012.

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.
LAVs are one of those things that look like they'd be hella cool and then you're in one and fucccccccck

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

USMC503 posted:

the military is one of those things that look like they'd be hella cool and then you're in and fucccccccck

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I was at 2nd tanks, across the street from 2nd lar. those boys hated life.

vains
May 26, 2004

vulturesrow posted:

Would've went through late 2011/early 2012.

You have a brother 15 years younger than you? Your dad is junior enlisted as gently caress.

LCL-Dead posted:

I was at 2nd tanks, across the street from 2nd lar. those boys hated life.

back to back to back deployments 2005-2014 will have that effect.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

USMC503 posted:

LAVs are one of those things that look like they'd be hella cool and then you're in one and fucccccccck

That pretty accurately describes my brother's experience in LAVs

LeoMarr posted:

USMC503 posted:

the military are one of those things that look like they'd be hella cool and then you're in one and fucccccccck

and the military. He just re-upped lol.

You have a brother 15 years younger than you? Your dad is junior enlisted as gently caress.

He isnt even my youngest sibling. I have another little brother that is about 4-5 years younger than him. My dad had 3 different wives, my mom being the first, and 5 children spread across those three marriages. I didn't meet him or my siblings until I was 17. Didn't know my stepdad wasn't my real dad until I was in the 3rd grade. So yeah, your assessment is spot on.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

vulturesrow posted:

and the military. He just re-upped lol.

He isnt even my youngest sibling. I have another little brother that is about 4-5 years younger than him. My dad had 3 different wives, my mom being the first, and 5 children spread across those three marriages. I didn't meet him or my siblings until I was 17. Didn't know my stepdad wasn't my real dad until I was in the 3rd grade. So yeah, your assessment is spot on.

I feel ya. I have 4 siblings. My oldest brother (5 years older), whom I was told was my step-brother until I was 20 and we figured out we're infact half brothers because my mom was cheating on my supposed natural father with my step-dad-turned-real-dad for like 4 years before either got divorced. Then my sister (3 years older) from my mom's first marriage. Then my youngest sister (12 years younger) The only kid my bio-dad and mom actually had together that they could tell the rest of the family about. Then there's my other half brother (2 years older) who lives on Guam because my bio-dad knocked up a Navy chick right before he started cheating on his wife at the time (oldest brother's mom) with my mom, who by the way, is my older brother's mother's youngest cousin who came out to Guam to visit her cousin and ended up starting up a 4 year affair with her husband, my biological father.

Then there's the even weirder part that the guy I call "dad" is actually my oldest half-brother's step dad, because he and my brother's biological mom (my mom's cousin) actually let me live with them for awhile when my bio parents were looking like they were gonna divorce over some idiot bullshit family drama when I was 11-14, and I stayed closer with him than either of my two earlier 'dads'

Honestly I'm amazed I didn't come out of that poo poo way more retarded than I am

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Your mom's a ho

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

We need a flowchart for your family

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Holy poo poo.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Yep, and my father's even worse.

Also, as an extra fun enlisted kicker to the whole thing, my oldest brother's mom met his step dad because he was his 1st Sgt at the time of my natural father's disciplinary hearing for getting caught loving around on his wife with everyone on the planet. They started dating about 8 months after the divorce

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Shooting Blanks posted:

Think spider web.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Could be worse

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Shooting Blanks posted:

Here ya go

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.

xthetenth posted:

Think spider web.

Yeah I totes couldn't follow that poo poo.

I did hear banjos playing though.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

USMC503 posted:

Yeah I totes couldn't follow that poo poo.

I did hear banjos playing though.

There's a reason I ended up enlisting

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Booblord Zagats posted:

There's a reason I ended up enlisting

the cycle of life is complete

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Booblord Zagats posted:

Yep, and my father's even worse.

Also, as an extra fun enlisted kicker to the whole thing, my oldest brother's mom met his step dad because he was his 1st Sgt at the time of my natural father's disciplinary hearing for getting caught loving around on his wife with everyone on the planet. They started dating about 8 months after the divorce

I want to party with you

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Could be worse

Snip why Carlos was more inbred than a brother sister pair's kids.

That's the yin to his yang. The in to his family's out.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
Guam is loving weird. Right up there with Alaska.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
So this guy popped up on the FReep thread:

quote:

To: PROCON
In my 26 years of military service I was given “the talk” several times for not towing the line of the diversity BS. I was once even called to the BN commander’s office over the rumor that I was attempting to start a “White Rally” on post.

I filed a formal complaint about there not being an observance for my race (white) and was told we weren’t entitled to one because we aren’t a minority. I pushed the issue that we were discriminated against through exclusion. I received orders shortly after and never got a response.

It was incredibly rare to see an Equal Opportunity NCO that was NOT a minority or a woman.

14 posted on 2/24/2015, 8:27:24 AM by rfreedom4u (Do you know who Barry Soetoro is?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

TOWs and Scouts were back to back for the same time period and we weren't miserable.

LAR just went apeshit in garrison. 0600-1800 working hours, ramp watches, stupid gently caress gently caress games 24/7, etc. For the most part, tanks left their 03's alone and unsupervised in garrison. Sometimes it worked out for us, others it didn't.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Zeroisanumber posted:

So this guy popped up on the FReep thread:

What is this "observance" he's talking about? Is there a "BLACK GUYS GET THE DAY OFF" holiday in the military?

I'm seriously asking because lol USMC Infantry

.. although I guess we definitely would've noticed if there was a Latino day off.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

OZYMANDICKASS posted:

What is this "observance" he's talking about? Is there a "BLACK GUYS GET THE DAY OFF" holiday in the military?

I'm seriously asking because lol USMC Infantry

.. although I guess we definitely would've noticed if there was a Latino day off.

Standard Freep whining about being an ~*oppressed straight white male*~. The thread (in D&D) will have your face alternating between :stonklol: and :catstare: at how utterly stupid and spiteful they are.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Shooting Blanks posted:

I'm going to have to draw it on a Möbius strip.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I had a contractor ranting to me about how he was in he didn't get promoted because they kept giving his to women and blacks.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Casimir Radon posted:

I had a contractor ranting to me about how he was in he didn't get promoted because they kept giving his to women and blacks.

If you have any authority, for the love and joy of Christ promote no one but women and blacks over him.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Zeroisanumber posted:

If you have any authority, for the love and joy of Christ promote no one but women and blacks over him.
He's long gone now, hopefully contracting learned their lessons about hiring his company ever again but I doubt it.

vains
May 26, 2004

LCL-Dead posted:

TOWs and Scouts were back to back for the same time period and we weren't miserable.

LAR just went apeshit in garrison. 0600-1800 working hours, ramp watches, stupid gently caress gently caress games 24/7, etc. For the most part, tanks left their 03's alone and unsupervised in garrison. Sometimes it worked out for us, others it didn't.

Didn't 2nd tanks scout platoon kill someone playing the trust game?

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Didn't 2nd tanks scout platoon kill someone playing the trust game?

I thought he was in TOWs when it happened but I know exactly who you're talking about because he was one of my boots.

The loving kid used, "But the senior guys did it to me while we were deployed! That's where I learned it!" as a kind of justification for why he played the game and I wanted to loving kill him for it. None of us were even issued sidearms on his first deployment, just the section leaders, so 4 people had 9mm's. I'd seen someone doing it once while loving around in the cage on the tank ramp with an unloaded pistol and I about broke his fingers taking the thing away from the kid.

Low and behold, a couple of months later that poo poo happens. That loving idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Everyday those guys drove down mobile and back again. Nothing involving people. Just a stretch of road. That's it.

Their two hooches were like the last car in Snowpiercer.

But they didn't stand post so gently caress 'em. Get out of the MWR.