Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

io_burn posted:

I mean I swapped my SD card no problem, but I always seem to have one errant piece of dust under screen protectors no matter how hard I try to create a clean room with all the tricks the internet has to offer.

It's thicker and stretchier and bendier then a screen protector, just line up the holes and go. Do stuff with holes first. If you mess up you can pull it back and start again. Also it's not clear so if there was lint or a air bubble like you'd get on a screen protector I don't think you could even tell. Shits easy.

You can't physically see any lint it's opaque.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

it is a shame that the new custodian of the 3ds thread would resort to such shameful trolling

that said, the vita thread is fully supportive of jrpg and anime lovers of all kinds

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome! posted:

it is a shame that the new custodian of the 3ds thread would resort to such shameful trolling

that said, the vita thread is fully supportive of jrpg and anime lovers of all kinds

sometimes i forget that not every thread is as enlightened as the vita thread but then somebody posts something like that

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
Stripped 3DS screws

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

Nolgthorn posted:

Stripped 3DS screws

OK but what way do I turn the screw driver? First time screw driver user here.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nolgthorn posted:

Stripped 3DS screws

So I'm one of those guys that just hosed this up....the rubber band snapped and hit me in the eye, and the screwdriver slipped and gouged the back of my 3DS. Suck my dick you loving human being.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

So I'm one of those guys that just hosed this up....the rubber band snapped and hit me in the eye, and the screwdriver slipped and gouged the back of my 3DS. Suck my dick you loving human being.

Not even quoting it right.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
If you've stripped the elastic band you're doing it wrong.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

A Big... Dog posted:

I would've paid like £20 for a non-hosed Pokemon Shuffle. Enjoyable stuff, but 100% get this 'jewel' poo poo away from me

People are using a browser exploit to game the stamina/currency system, just so you know.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I'm tellin' ya, official 3DS branded screwdrivers. Bundle 'em with an Amiibo!

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Policenaut posted:

I'm tellin' ya, official 3DS branded screwdrivers. Bundle 'em with an Amiibo!

Or, make the Amiibos screwdrivers themselves with the screwdriver tip hidden in the base. Millions will be sold.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

People are using a browser exploit to game the stamina/currency system, just so you know.

i am excited to see people whining about getting banned over f2p energy bars

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Bombadilillo posted:

Not even quoting it right.

I blame the people saying "smdyff"

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I liked it better when he told everyone to stay salty

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Hey pokemon shuffle guys/gals this is a thing:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/02/3ds_browser_exploit_hackers_bypassnpokemon_shuffle_microtransactions

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Awesome! posted:

i am excited to see people whining about getting banned over f2p energy bars

Ugh maybe you could have been less obvious about it, gosh!

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

I blame the people saying "smdyff"

No excuse! The avatar got fixed: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3700920&pagenumber=22&perpage=40#post441716316

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Awesome! posted:

I am fully supportive of all 3ds owners and I want to help you all improve yourselves.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

epsilon posted:

Suck a dick you dumb human being. I've done the same thing for goons looking for action figures. It's an act of kindness. But people on the spectrum generally don't understand empathy or altruism, do they?

epsilon posted:

You morons did notice that someone has already offered to keep an eye out right? That's really all I was asking for, was someone to check as they're tooling around in whatever store. Stay salty though dipshits.

Never forget

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Shut up about Bravely Default and talk about the vastly superior Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light instead because that was an actual "love letter" to fans of FF3-6. Bravely Default is more like a "Dear John" letter.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

no

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

it's not a very good game

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
4 Herpes of Light is a good game that deserved a better reception.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
"Herpes" is a good typo to make.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

appropriate too, given the subject

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i thought it was intentional because the friends you make in a final fantasy game are your friends for life

Unoriginal
May 12, 2001
I really liked 4 Heroes of Light...

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Do ya'll think Nintendo will release the nu3DSXL charging stand here or should I spend the 25 and 3 weeks and get one off of eBay?

Has anyone bought one yet?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Do ya'll think Nintendo will release the nu3DSXL charging stand here or should I spend the 25 and 3 weeks and get one off of eBay?

Has anyone bought one yet?

Waiting for my Japanese import I got off of eBay for 20 bucks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Nintendo-3DS-XL-LL-Charger-Black-Charging-Stand-Cradle-Docks-4902370522242-/131439527793

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I hosed up real bad by not getting Ouendan 2 and Ghost Trick before, but I'm going to fix that now. Is there anything else on the DS I'm missing?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
If you are ordering things from Japan, use amazon. They ship fast and you are going to pay retail rather than ebays wacky prices. Of course not everything is on there, but you'd be surprised. I've ordered a few CDs and they all arrived within 3 days.

E: Also, are people not actually reading the manual? It gives detailed instructions on how to remove the back plate. It even says what size screwdriver to use. I looked in my kit, found the right bit, plugged it in and it worked perfectly.

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Feb 25, 2015

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Lemming posted:

I hosed up real bad by not getting Ouendan 2 and Ghost Trick before, but I'm going to fix that now. Is there anything else on the DS I'm missing?

the world ends with you
radiant historia
bowsers inside story

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Nolgthorn posted:

Stripped 3DS screws

You're supposed to use THAT end of the screwdriver??

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Awesome! posted:

the world ends with you
radiant historia
bowsers inside story

I have + beat twewy, I don't have BIS but I need to beat PIT first, and the second game I dunno man I don't like RPG's that much. I play a few hours and get bored and stop. That's kind of why I still haven't beat PIT.

Edit: For reference I tried the Bravely Default demo and after opening the menu and looking at the stats I quit and never opened it again.

Lemming fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Feb 25, 2015

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Lemming posted:

I have + beat twewy, I don't have BIS but I need to beat PIT first, and the second game I dunno man I don't like RPG's that much. I play a few hours and get bored and stop. That's kind of why I still haven't beat PIT.

Edit: For reference I tried the Bravely Default demo and after opening the menu and looking at the stats I quit and never opened it again.

Partners in Time kinda sucks though. Don't feel like the overarching Mario story is something to care about beyond individual games.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
You'll live life knowing you put a skin on your 3DS.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Was someone earnestly arguing that giving the player the ability to alter random encounter rates in a jrpg is not an amazingly convenient feature

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Looper posted:

Was someone earnestly arguing that giving the player the ability to alter random encounter rates in a jrpg is not an amazingly convenient feature

You can make the random encounter rates in all JRPGs 0 by never playing them.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Lemming posted:

PiT is soulless and tedious and unfun and not worth your time. Just skip to BiS instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Lemming posted:

You can make the random encounter rates in all JRPGs 0 by never playing them.

Your face is about to get into a random encounter with my fist