Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Waltzing Along posted:

If you are ordering things from Japan, use amazon. They ship fast and you are going to pay retail rather than ebays wacky prices. Of course not everything is on there, but you'd be surprised. I've ordered a few CDs and they all arrived within 3 days.

E: Also, are people not actually reading the manual? It gives detailed instructions on how to remove the back plate. It even says what size screwdriver to use. I looked in my kit, found the right bit, plugged it in and it worked perfectly.

Not everything is able to shipped abroad on Amazon.jp without some sort of forwarding service and that just makes it as much or more than what eBay sells for. CD's and movies are like the exception for the most part.

Edit: Also: http://is.gd/H2WXp3

"Shipping: We're sorry; this item can not be shipped outside Japan"

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Feb 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

ChaosArgate posted:

PiT is soulless and tedious and unfun and not worth your time. Just skip to BiS instead.

I don't understand this post + your avatar.

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Not everything is able to shipped abroad on Amazon.jp without some sort of forwarding service and that just makes it as much or more than what eBay sells for. CD's and movies are like the exception for the most part.

I think they're talking about this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...UGGNUJTEHEWPZMJ

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Those are more than "ebays wacky prices" that Waltzing Along was talking about...

Plus he mentioned CD's which you can get from Amazon.jp shipped internationally.

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Those are more than "ebays wacky prices" that Waltzing Along was talking about...

Plus he mentioned CD's which you can get from Amazon.jp shipped internationally.

I guess you're right, I just don't consider $25 that crazy of a price considering a regular charging cable is $7 shipped (refurb) :shrug:

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Martytoof posted:

You're supposed to use THAT end of the screwdriver??

Not always it depends on if the screw screws clockwise or counter clockwise, please consult your owners manual.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Red Robin Hood posted:

I guess you're right, I just don't consider $25 that crazy of a price considering a regular charging cable is $7 shipped (refurb) :shrug:

Well, the $25 is just for a piece of plastic that holds the New 3DS upright. There is no AC adapter included with it.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

charging cradles are dumb please buy pushmo or something instead

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Well gently caress. I shoulda investigated more before speaking.

Oh well. But still, amazon.co.jp is pretty awesome for some things.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Lemming posted:

Regardless of the av, they're right.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lemming posted:

Luigi is feeding his son dirt.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Nintendo "fixed" the Wii mini exploit...by removing it from eligible products to net you coins.

https://club.nintendo.com/eligible-products.do

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

It's one of the only things I actually like about PiT. If you poke around the LP forum you can find a thread where I get more and more tired of playing the game.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Swung by GameStop and bought crush3d for $3 because it gives club nintendo coins. What has this world come to?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

noirstronaut posted:

Nintendo "fixed" the Wii mini exploit...by removing it from eligible products to net you coins.

https://club.nintendo.com/eligible-products.do

Considering the service is about to shut down, I'm not too dismayed at a hacky quick-fix.

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

Lemming posted:

I hosed up real bad by not getting Ouendan 2 and Ghost Trick before, but I'm going to fix that now. Is there anything else on the DS I'm missing?

All Phoenix Wright games, if you haven't already played them in some subsequent release form.

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

I am Leto, Lion of Atreides
Can you really not use Miis that are already in your plaza when you buy the StreetPass games?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Jadaris posted:

Can you really not use Miis that are already in your plaza when you buy the StreetPass games?

correct

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Awesome! posted:

charging cradles are dumb please buy pushmo or something instead

I thought the same thing and then I got the one for the 3DS XL and it's convenient to just place it down and pick it up without having to mess with it still being attached or accidentally not plugged in and dead. I know it's a simple thing but I really got a lot of use out of it and miss the ease with my nu3DS. If you don't mind the sticker shock, it's a good product.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Dave Angel posted:

All Phoenix Wright games, if you haven't already played them in some subsequent release form.

Got the trilogy+Apollo Justice cart

Drunk Badger
Aug 27, 2012

Trained Drinking Badger
A Faithful Companion

Grimey Drawer
Should I expect Nintendo DLC to go on sale? Was thinking about the Mario Golf courses

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Swung by GameStop and bought crush3d for $3 because it gives club nintendo coins. What has this world come to?

It's a good game!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Drunk Badger posted:

Should I expect Nintendo DLC to go on sale? Was thinking about the Mario Golf courses

I don't think any Nintendo DLC has ever go on sale so go for it.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

It's a good game!

I actually remember it from the psp era, although I never had it, so figured for $3 and 20 club coins, why not?

Thankfully the club code was not taken

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

When did Ocarina go out of print and get all expensive?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

NESguerilla posted:

When did Ocarina go out of print and get all expensive?

When Nintendo stopped printing it, probably.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Lemming posted:

Got the trilogy+Apollo Justice cart

I was about to say trash Apollo Justice and get Ghost Trick instead but then I saw you'd already made a good and wise decision

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Dave Angel posted:

I must second this suggestion! I got the Trilogy on the eShop and I am loving it!

Even though I just started the third game... and it makes my brain hurt, so I can't play it for very long at a time. Still, so good!

Is it hard to track down the rest of them? I haven't even looked at prices or anything.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Silver Falcon posted:

I must second this suggestion! I got the Trilogy on the eShop and I am loving it!

Even though I just started the third game... and it makes my brain hurt, so I can't play it for very long at a time. Still, so good!

Is it hard to track down the rest of them? I haven't even looked at prices or anything.

You can get #4 and #5 on ebay for under $20 pretty easily.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I bought a shitload of DS games from a mod for $110 a few years back. It has pretty much every good DS game in there except Chrono Trigger.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

noirstronaut posted:

I bought a shitload of DS games from a mod for $110 a few years back. It has pretty much every good DS game in there except Chrono Trigger.

Good thing, too. Chrono Trigger sucks.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

I would be interested in an elucidation on this point, good stranger

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

Okay WOW, first of all, don't be rude. Second of all, Chrono Trigger on DS is really good and the best version of the game.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I just read it a page or two ago. Chrono Trigger is bad and no one should buy it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

I just read it a page or two ago. Chrono Trigger is bad and no one should buy it.

Whoever said that was wrong and probably a fatty.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I've always been a little disappointed that the sequel to Hotel Dusk was never brought over to North America. I loved that game when I was preteen and played at least 5 times through.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

noirstronaut posted:

When Nintendo stopped printing it, probably.

I regret trading mine in. I'm such a monster :(

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

eightysixed posted:

I regret trading mine in. I'm such a monster :(

Never trade in Nintendo games man. Everything else gets reprints and more but unless its a best seller reprint once its gone its gone.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Lemming posted:

I hosed up real bad by not getting Ouendan 2 and Ghost Trick before, but I'm going to fix that now. Is there anything else on the DS I'm missing?

trauma center 1 and 2
Dragon Quest: Rocket Slime (you can find this for like two dollars which is a bonus)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Haruharuharuko posted:

Never trade in Nintendo games man. Everything else gets reprints and more but unless its a best seller reprint once its gone its gone.

You'd think that something like Ocarina, on many peoples GOAT list, would just keep getting made. There really was no reason to stop producing it. I'm sure it was consistently selling. I'm keeping mine for the time being, just in case. I just finished it for the first time and can see how at the time it was so great. Holds up okay. But compared to CRPGs it pales to things that came out ten years prior.