Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Teddybear posted:

Watch the no-bid award to fox end up being called a bribe attempt of a US company, and THATS what ends Fifa

The thought of Sepp and co. facing RICO Act charges makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Troy Queef posted:

The thought of Sepp and co. facing RICO Act charges makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Forget terrorists, now I want Eliot Ness and the Untouchables to go after FIFA with tommyguns.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Jose posted:

If we're lucky Blatter will have died before anything to do with the 2026 world cup happens and FIFA will meltdown instead

The sooner you extinguish all hopes of Blatter ever dying the better. I'm selfish so I would love to have another World Cup in the US.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
I'd not be against the USA having a world cup again. I'm assuming they can't gently caress it up worse than '94, of course, but I suppose anything's possible.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

stickyfngrdboy posted:

I'd not be against the USA having a world cup again. I'm assuming they can't gently caress it up worse than '94, of course, but I suppose anything's possible.

How was it a fuckup? Not enough civil unrest?

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

stickyfngrdboy posted:

I look forward to 3 pages of Americans posting attendance figures

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Pook Good Mook posted:

How was it a fuckup? Not enough civil unrest?

England didnt qualify so they had to watch on tv while crying bitch baby butthurt tears and eating bad food

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

African AIDS cum posted:

England didnt qualify so they had to watch on tv while crying bitch baby butthurt tears and eating bad food

We do these things even when we qualify though.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Byolante posted:

There was clear court and royal enquiry tested evidence that Fox were in breach of the foreign corrupt practices act and the FBI declined to investigate or bring forward charges for prosecution. I doubt something as minor as a no bid contract would make them act if literal bribery of public officials and police didn't. Also alleged complicity in at least 2 murders.

Yeah but now an american corporation might be losing money, which is when the FBI jumps into action.

edit: I don't want america to ever host the world cup again because we get enough of you smelly foreigners as it is.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January
I want to see katy perry missing a penalty on a tiny goal so I support the american world cup dream

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

The problem with USA 94 is they catered to ShitEuros with the noon kickoffs in the fuckin summer, and they had games not on the west coast in humid savage hellholes like texas

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

It would be the best World Cup in history and '94 would then become the second best World Cup in history.

The sport will be in it's final death throes by then anyway. But what a way to go--in the arms of the most exceptional country to grace God's Earth.

Edit: and the only country to grace God's moon.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

African AIDS cum posted:

The problem with USA 94 is they catered to ShitEuros with the noon kickoffs in the fuckin summer, and they had games not on the west coast in humid savage hellholes like texas

It was great watching players walking around because it was too hot to run.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Wonder if we can get a new US World Cup moved to winter...

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
What temperature is it in Quatar during the winter anyway?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Syncopated posted:

30C 80F or thereabouts.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Syncopated posted:

hostile apostle
Aug 29, 2006
:stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia:
Stadia didn't outlive SA but it did outlive Lowtax - Happy Birthday Stadia! #ad
:stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia:

Syncopated posted:

Hotter than Texas in summer

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

hostile apostle posted:

Hotter than Texas in summer

yeah right, there are no homosexuals in Qatar

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
If only there was a country that had the best bid going by the evaluations that was in the southern hemisphere and had temperatures equivalent to European spring in July. Wouldn't that be a great place to host a world cup that would get more than zero votes. If only

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Byolante posted:

If only there was a country that had the best bid going by the evaluations that was in the southern hemisphere and had temperatures equivalent to European spring in July. Wouldn't that be a great place to host a world cup that would get more than zero votes. If only

Can't be hosting the world cup in an incredibly corrupt country did you not read the FIFA report summary?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Byolante posted:

Hard to have stadia built by immigrant workers when they're held in offshore internment camps imho

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

quote:

We have done what we had to do in order to protect Fifa and the organisation of the World Cup

I like how he makes that sound like an act of selflessness

thank you for making sure those nepali workers didn't die for no reason.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

joshtothemaxx posted:

The juiciness of forcing the poorest continent to play in a hot as gently caress summer just so some oil barons get their way.
They'll prob have it in South Africa since it'll be in their winter.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Hahaha Don Garber is at Sloan Sports Analytics Conference talking very subtle poo poo about Qatar. Totally dodged the question about being on the taskforce that moved the WC to winter.

He is sooooo salty about the US losing. Its amazing

BlueBayou fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Mar 1, 2015

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Hahaha

Who is Don Garner

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
The guy from Mad Men.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

poty posted:

Hahaha

Who is Don Garner

Jennifer Garner's mafia father.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

poty posted:

Hahaha

Who is Don Garner

Don Garber in disguise.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother

Shrapnig posted:

Actually having qualified for a World Cup should be a requirement for hosting.

I always felt like this should be a requirement. And luckily it also keeps North Korea in the running for 2026.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

poty posted:

Hahaha

Who is Don Garner

He's me in disguise, typing on my phone while drunk at a conference

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
America must not be trusted with another world cup after how badly they ran their last one.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

What if America had the Women's World Cup, and they just held it every year and did a monster truck rally at half-time?

That way Americans could use all of their terrible concrete garbage stadia and the rest of the world could do all of the useful adult things that Americans don't qualify for.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

FullLeatherJacket posted:

What if America had the Women's World Cup, and they just held it every year and did a monster truck rally at half-time?

That way Americans could use all of their terrible concrete garbage stadia and the rest of the world could do all of the useful adult things that Americans don't qualify for.

Flagrant public corruption?

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
USA number one

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Pook Good Mook posted:

Flagrant public corruption?

lol just lol if you don't think America has flagrant public corruption

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

This does not cover the Katy Perry requirement. Denied.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Some fairly wacky things to think about

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

vyelkin posted:

lol just lol if you don't think America has flagrant public corruption

its the land of the free and home of the brave, what are you some kind of euro snob?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Drogadon posted:

This does not cover the Katy Perry requirement. Denied.

katy...