Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hikaki
Oct 11, 2005
Motherfucking Fujitsu Heavy Industries
I finally found a N3DS in stock. Coming from a 3DSXL, I'm a little disappointed in the build quality. The interior plastic used feels less solid and the finish feels rougher. The speaker holes are straight drilled whereas the old holes had a nice curve to them. The gray-black looks real nice though. The exterior has a nice glossiness to it.

It looks like clicky buttons made a comeback which I really appreciate. The last time I remember clicky buttons was the OG DS. The face tracking also works reasonably well with glasses, although I was disappointed that I still get ghosting sometimes.

Overall a decent but not mind-blowing upgrade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

Hikaki posted:

I finally found a N3DS in stock. Coming from a 3DSXL, I'm a little disappointed in the build quality. The interior plastic used feels less solid and the finish feels rougher. The speaker holes are straight drilled whereas the old holes had a nice curve to them. The gray-black looks real nice though. The exterior has a nice glossiness to it.

It looks like clicky buttons made a comeback which I really appreciate. The last time I remember clicky buttons was the OG DS..

None of that poo poo matters or are the upgraded parts dumbass

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Who gives a poo poo how the speaker holes look, the actual speakers are like 100 times better on the N3DS

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Reserved to pick up a black n3ds tonight in store. I'm super excited.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Stravinsky posted:

robot roll call posted:

Who gives a poo poo how the speaker holes look, the actual speakers are like 100 times better on the N3DS

Who took a poo poo on your meal?

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

Stravinsky posted:

robot roll call posted:

Suck a dick you dumb faggots.

:allears:

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Red Robin Hood posted:

Suck a dick you dumb faggots.

:allears:

Perfect.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

Pre-orders for the faceplate are up. It comes bundled with the game for £52.

http://store.nintendo.co.uk/new-nintendo-3ds/xenoblade-chronicles-3d.list

That's the quickest I've ever whippped out my wallet to pay £22 for a piece of red plastic, for a 3DS model I don't own :{

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Dave Angel posted:

Get Ace Attorney Investigations as well, it's great. Spend a whole game as Edgeworth. It's a lot better than both Justice For All and Apollo Justice.

We only got the first one in America, right? I seem to recall there were two. Anyway good idea.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Do you have Elite Beat Agents?

Ofc (Ouendan was better)

Spoderman posted:

Also, do you have Rhythm Heaven and the Picross games? They're all great, and you can get them for a song.

I thought about Rhythm Heaven but I just got Theatrhythm so I'm gonna hold off on that. As for Picross I don't really like puzzle games because I am a stupid person.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Lemming posted:

We only got the first one in America, right? I seem to recall there were two. Anyway good idea.

Ofc (Ouendan was better)

I thought about Rhythm Heaven but I just got Theatrhythm so I'm gonna hold off on that. As for Picross I don't really like puzzle games because I am a stupid person.

Rhythm heaven is like $6 on eBay.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

noirstronaut posted:

Rhythm heaven is like $6 on eBay.

If I buy a game and don't play it right away it goes to a forgotten pile of death. Also buying DS games on ebay seems like a guaranteed way to get a fake cart.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Elite Beat Agents was the poo poo and I can't believe that it didn't destroy my screen. Best part was when you messed up on the missing dad song and the family found out he was gay.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Lemming posted:

If I buy a game and don't play it right away it goes to a forgotten pile of death. Also buying DS games on ebay seems like a guaranteed way to get a fake cart.

Look, mother fucker. Just buy Rhythm Heaven.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

noirstronaut posted:

Look, mother fucker. Just buy Rhythm Heaven.

One day, when the time is right.

Hikaki
Oct 11, 2005
Motherfucking Fujitsu Heavy Industries

the truth posted:

Elite Beat Agents was the poo poo and I can't believe that it didn't destroy my screen.

Did EBA have the spinny thing? The normal gameplay is not bad but the force and speed required to spin that thing in Ouendan always made me nervous.

The real screen destroyer on the DS was Harvest Moon though. My wife actually destroyed the screen protector by petting the gently caress out of that loving cow. First and only time compulsively putting screen protectors on everything has paid off.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Yes. Curtain Call for 15$ I am one step closer to having all the 'good' games on 3ds.

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Feb 26, 2015

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Ah dammit the nearest Fry's is like 50 miles away.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Monkey Fracas posted:

Ah dammit the nearest Fry's is like 50 miles away.

Price match it

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
I'm kind of disappointed at all the graphics slowdowns in DKCR. It happens during big pans in 2D, and in 3D the effect gets kind of "shuddery" a lot, even with facetracking.

Is there any way to remap the controls to be closer to what they were on SNES? I'd really prefer pound to be on a shoulder button and barrel-carry to be back in its rightful spot.

On the Wii version it took a cheat code to enable classic controls, so I'm assuming, "no."

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ironfall should be out on eshop now. First person to get it let us know if there is a way for us to all get together and shoot each other's faces

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Ironfall should be out on eshop now. First person to get it let us know if there is a way for us to all get together and shoot each other's faces

Yes, please. Trip report from anyone. I'd do it but my 3ds is in the shop till Monday.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Just found a used copy of OoT 3D for $35 in basically mint condition. :woop:

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

What is the best solution for playing GBA games on the 3DS? DSTwo? I don't want to have to gently caress with firmware.

Should I just get an SP/Micro and an EZ Flash IV?

Fuzz posted:

Just found a used copy of OoT 3D for $35 in basically mint condition. :woop:

Props I got a sick deal on CL today too :)

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
You need a DSTWO if you want to play GBA games on a new 3DS.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Is there any way to start the master quest in OOT without going through the game once?

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

Andrast posted:

Is there any way to start the master quest in OOT without going through the game once?

Make your name "Zelda".

Well, it works in the original LoZ, gently caress if I know it actually works in OOT

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Andrast posted:

Nope, you have to beat the game normally first.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

If you buy it used, hope there's a cleared game file on there.

The one annoying thing about Master Quest I'd the overworld stuff is all the same so you end up doing that twice to get those dungeons.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Well, I probably won't be buying it then unless I can get it used and know that it already has a cleared game there. I just don't have any desire to play through the normal game first.

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

noirstronaut posted:

You need a DSTWO if you want to play GBA games on a new 3DS.

Does that also include DS games functionality? I don't need it but it would be nice. And this all works with up-to-date firmware?

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

epsilon posted:

Does that also include DS games functionality? I don't need it but it would be nice. And this all works with up-to-date firmware?

The dstwo as been discontinued for a few months and is basically impossible to find new. A dstwo+ is supposedly coming soon, but no one really knows when or what the card will actually be capable of.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Andrast posted:

Well, I probably won't be buying it then unless I can get it used and know that it already has a cleared game there. I just don't have any desire to play through the normal game first.

Bummer. The dungeon remixes are actually pretty fun and clever, or at least that's my 15+ year old memory of it.

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

eddiewalker posted:

The dstwo as been discontinued for a few months and is basically impossible to find new. A dstwo+ is supposedly coming soon, but no one really knows when or what the card will actually be capable of.

OK, that's good to know. I just got Majora's Mask, Kirby and Golf so I can just chill and wait.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Erata posted:

Bummer. The dungeon remixes are actually pretty fun and clever, or at least that's my 15+ year old memory of it.

Well that depends, do you think a find-replace on Switches -> Cows and time block puzzles are fun and clever? Because boy howdy did the Master Quest devs love them some time block puzzles.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Artix posted:

Well that depends, do you think a find-replace on Switches -> Cows and time block puzzles are fun and clever? Because boy howdy did the Master Quest devs love them some time block puzzles.

In that Majora's Mask Iwata Asks thing a while back, Aonuma said something like he was kind of annoyed when Miyamoto asked him to remix the OoT dungeons because he thought they were already perfect

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Artix posted:

That and hiding switches in invisible/near invisible places. The biggest dick move I can remember is this one room where they put an invisible switch in a trapped box that freezes/damages you when you open it. At no point earlier in the game do you have to hit a treasure box to make anything happen.

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

I am Leto, Lion of Atreides
What stores will price match Frys?

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

Jadaris posted:

What stores will price match Frys?

Large local competitors will. I was trying to find a Target or Walmart near me that carries resident evil: revelations but no such luck!

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

Last question of the day from me, M&L Dream Team, what's the consensus on this title? $15 for price matching a Nintendo first party title is almost always a great deal. I know Sticker Star is generally regarded to be trash...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

epsilon posted:

Last question of the day from me, M&L Dream Team, what's the consensus on this title? $15 for price matching a Nintendo first party title is almost always a great deal. I know Sticker Star is generally regarded to be trash...

It's good and long, replay value is lacking, haven't looked back after beating. But I bet you can resell it for near or even over 15$ when you are done. Not really a risk. I regret buying it digitally.