Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Now we know why Bono is so averse to giving Scott t-shirts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

quote:

For recognition purposes, please list me on the print materials as:

Jack Sjunior

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
Love the idea and the actual shirt but I am a dad of two kids who can't really walk around with a shirt that says MOTHERFUCKERS

Frankenfinger
May 1, 2007
Quick, someone translate it to latin and resubmit the design.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

mennoknight posted:

Love the idea and the actual shirt but I am a dad of two kids who can't really walk around with a shirt that says MOTHERFUCKERS

The fact you have two kids already implies this.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Your two kids needs to chill

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
There's another one with 'Wifi? Because fi' now for that exact reason

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Poopy Palpy posted:

As much as I want to give them $20 for a T-Shirt I'll never wear, I'm not entering a credit card number in a page without an SSL cert.

Yeah this blows. I want that shirt but I'll be damned if I am putting my CC info in the clear.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

The Earwolf page doesn't have an SSL cert (I tried going to it manually but it's unsigned and sends you back to a regular http connection) but as far as I can tell it's not sending your credit card over that connection.

Snooping around in Chrome developer tools, your information is being submitted over AJAX to https://cart.stagebloc.com/, which does have a good signed cert. Your credit card would most likely (haven't actually tested sending the card number, just other information) go over a secure channel.

They should still use a signed cert, even if just for appearances, and really I needed to snoop around to what it's doing behind the scenes to see if it was doing it right, that's never good.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

They need to just get a decent store. Digital content is especially badly done.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Slackerish posted:

Is No You Shut Up worth watching? It sounds weird, I feel like PFT and puppets would either be really great or really cringeworthy

It looks like Mark McGrath was on the latest episode of No You Shut Up and I like to take every opportunity to share this video of him getting extremely mad at a teenager for saying Sugar Gay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvjD0SkoFr0

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Very happy that today is an 'old favourites'-style episode, was hoping for one.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
I just started running through the dead authors podcast finally. It's really really funny and I don't know a thing about literary figures (and the performers often don't either)

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

ImPureAwesome posted:

I just started running through the dead authors podcast finally. It's really really funny and I don't know a thing about literary figures (and the performers often don't either)

The Ben Schwartz episode is especially amazing because he did so little research that PFT almost derails the entire recording when he asks about Roald Dahl's antisemitism.

It's a shame that every time they an episode on the road, the recording quality is terrible.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

The Action Man posted:

The Ben Schwartz episode is especially amazing because he did so little research that PFT almost derails the entire recording when he asks about Roald Dahl's antisemitism.

It's a shame that every time they an episode on the road, the recording quality is terrible.

That was tragic. Schwartz really loved Dahl and you could hear all that crashing into a wall as he was read quotations saying that maybe the Jews had it coming.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I went to the same school as Roald Dahl, he wrote about it in Boy. Kinda sucked to find out that aspect of him, the school didn't seem to mention that at all...

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I was brought up on stories of Dahl being a weird rude jerk alongside the BFGs so it'll always be weird to see people appalled at the awful things he said. Come on parents, contextualize your bedtime stories.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Mr. Squishy posted:

I was brought up on stories of Dahl being a weird rude jerk alongside the BFGs so it'll always be weird to see people appalled at the awful things he said. Come on parents, contextualize your bedtime stories.

The weird thing about that was that he seemed to A) really like Dahl, for a long time and B) did a fair amount of research since he had memorized most of the dudes biography and whatnot. Somehow missing the antisemitism in your hero, especially when you are jewish, is kind of insane.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I really hope Bill Watterson comes out as an anti-Semite next.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Mr. Squishy posted:

Come on parents, contextualize your bedtime stories.

Yeah, great, then once you've run the gamut of the fallibility of authors you might as well tell your kids all humans are trash and hand them a noose so they can get it over with quickly

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
When did Harris say he listens to the podcast and Scott was flattered? I totally missed it somehow.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

VagueRant posted:

When did Harris say he listens to the podcast and Scott was flattered? I totally missed it somehow.

An earlier Foam Corner where Scott was being harsh on it and Harris started ranting like "Fine, let's play Would you Rather.. would you rather (some dumb made up scenario)? Or how about we play Riddle Me This.."

Scott comes back with something like you're describing

Is that what you're talking about?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

a worthy uhh posted:

An earlier Foam Corner where Scott was being harsh on it and Harris started ranting like "Fine, let's play Would you Rather.. would you rather (some dumb made up scenario)? Or how about we play Riddle Me This.."

Scott comes back with something like you're describing

Is that what you're talking about?

It's in NOT Farts & Procreation 4, shortly after they start reading the email chain and Scott tries to stop it.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

JethroMcB posted:

It's in NOT Farts & Procreation 4, shortly after they start reading the email chain and Scott tries to stop it.

Doh. I've been listening to too much Harris lately.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

lol

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Ah, thanks for the info, guys. It was a sweet moment.

On a lighter note, I am looking for more high quality podcast to listen to. Other than I4H, HDTGM and WSGLL, any strong recommendations for other Earwolf shows? Any super amazing episodes of Who Charted or Professor Blastoff or any others that might hook me?

I was also thinking about going back to some of the good eps of CBB from last year that didn't make into the Best Ofs. Everyone loved the Gino ones, right? And I liked the Russ one.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

VagueRant posted:

On a lighter note, I am looking for more high quality podcast to listen to. Other than I4H, HDTGM and WSGLL, any strong recommendations for other Earwolf shows? Any super amazing episodes of Who Charted or Professor Blastoff or any others that might hook me?

I was also thinking about going back to some of the good eps of CBB from last year that didn't make into the Best Ofs. Everyone loved the Gino ones, right? And I liked the Russ one.

Russ of Ross' Dress for Less killed me, and I had no idea it was a reference to a real store.

The episode with Tears for Fears should have been #1, so I'd relisten to that.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

VagueRant posted:

If Hayes/Sean's humor clicks with you then Hollywood Handbook and The Reality Show Show are super funny and HH is pretty much my favourite podcast (If you liked the TGIGOTGOST episode of With Special Guest, you'll probably like HH and RSS. You don't need to like reality shows to enjoy RSS)

If you never heard Andy Daly's Podcast Pilot thing then you should go listen to those immediately. The relaunched Affirmation Nation is pretty solid too (Latest episode with Mary Holland was fantastic) I don't listen to every episode of Never Not Funny but it's definitely worth getting into and there's a huge backlog. You'd be fine just picking episodes with guests you like.

There are good podcasts outside Earwolf though like The Todd Glass Show, (I kinda fell off the wagon with this one though) Dead Authors, Smartest Man in the World, The Dollop, Bone Zone etc

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

If you like a laid back, diced up conversation with occasional crazy skits, The Hooray Show is pretty wonderful. I love hearing all the real life stories. Probably my favorite podcast since UTU2TM

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
I wish they'd edit it less aggressively but yeah horray show is great.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
I'm still running through dead authors podcast and it's really funny, you don't need to know anything about the people they're playing.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Help Im Alive posted:

If Hayes/Sean's humor clicks with you then Hollywood Handbook and The Reality Show Show are super funny and HH is pretty much my favourite podcast (If you liked the TGIGOTGOST episode of With Special Guest, you'll probably like HH and RSS. You don't need to like reality shows to enjoy RSS)
I really never thought that at this point, Hollywood Handbook would be the show that makes me laugh out loud the most every week. Makes me wish I were listening to Reality Show Show back in the day so I could have said I'd give them money to keep going when I absolutely wouldn't have.

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!

Help Im Alive posted:

I think RSS can be enjoyed by anybody. You just need to be able to get past the fact that they're talking about reality shows. As has been mentioned many time before, you don't need to like reality shows to like RSS. HH, on the other hand, does require liking Sean and Hayes's humor, but if you make it through RSS, chances are you'll be primed to like it.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

RSS is GOAT

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

ImPureAwesome posted:

I'm still running through dead authors podcast and it's really funny, you don't need to know anything about the people they're playing.

I've been listening cause of your last post. Scott Aukerman's Benjamin Franklin is so ridiculous.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

poor richard, i say

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
Hollywood Handbook is the best but also operates at such a high level of irony I get why someone could hate it or not get it. It's cool how much they incorporate their small core fan base into the show too.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I was just listening to the Todd Glass episode where he and James Adomian talked about coming out and had completely forgotten that Scott is actually a really good interviewer when he's not trying to comedically undercut his guest. Were there other episodes where he did a more straight interview?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
The Marc Maron episode was played pretty straight until the WYR (which Marc was pretty good at).