Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Typical Pubbie posted:

Prolly looks like he's ready to host an orgy [...] on the anal [...] desk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
^^^ So that's why Sjokz came dressed in leather

Flipswitch posted:

I don't get how prolly is a coach, isn't his claim to fame being kicked off complexity?

Reading between the lines of both why he kept getting kicked and why teams kept wanting to hire him, Prolly seems like a really smart guy with a bananas work ethic who expects a lot from his teammates. I can see why that last attribute would make you want to tell him to gently caress right off as a fellow player, but those all seem like qualities you'd want in a coach.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
GOOD CALL MARTIN

Astrognome posted:

I can never decide if I hate Prolly or if I have a giant man crush on him. drat you h2k!

Why would you hate Prolly ? Don't you have eyes in your face ?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I watched Prolly stream a few times and he always seemed really knowledgeable. On one stream he let his viewers call what champion he played and then he played it through, built items on it, explained the item choices and why they worked, the breakpoints of the game, and how to get ahead and what to do. I legitimately think he can probably play any champion in the game very well and his deep knowledge of the game is probably a major asset from coaching.

I think he was always underwhelming as a player, because he never really had mechanical dominance which is all that really matters as a Mid laner. And his teammates and the teams he played on were generally awful.

He had great game sense though. I feel like he could have made it a lot further as a pro if he played Support or Jungle. Coaching seems to suit him well though.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Libertine posted:

I watched Prolly stream a few times and he always seemed really knowledgeable. On one stream he let his viewers call what champion he played and then he played it through, built items on it, explained the item choices and why they worked, the breakpoints of the game, and how to get ahead and what to do. I legitimately think he can probably play any champion in the game very well and his deep knowledge of the game is probably a major asset from coaching.

I think he was always underwhelming as a player, because he never really had mechanical dominance which is all that really matters as a Mid laner. And his teammates and the teams he played on were generally awful.

He had great game sense though. I feel like he could have made it a lot further as a pro if he played Support or Jungle. Coaching seems to suit him well though.

Does Prolly still stream? I'd love to watch some of that.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Wol posted:

Does Prolly still stream? I'd love to watch some of that.

I doubt it. I haven't seen him do it in probably a year.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
If your a knowledge guy over a skill guy and your knowledge lead you to hybrid midland Kennan maybe you should go back to computer college or w/e.

Khaba
Oct 29, 2011
I actually liked Jarvan a lot more than Rengar there. Oh well.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

If your a knowledge guy over a skill guy and your knowledge lead you to hybrid midland Kennan maybe you should go back to computer college or w/e.

From his leaguepedia page:

Trivia:
PR0LLY's original name shown at MLG Providence was prollyracist. After being approached by Phreak to change his name, Neil would cut the latter half of his name to end up with PR0LLY.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

if you see someone playing hybrid kennen mid and dont immediately think 'cool dude' then i dont even know mate

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Pr0lly facts:

Pr0lly plays bass in a funk band.

Pr0lly basically invented Ziggs as a standard pick.

Pr0lly is 153 years old.

Pr0lly invented broccoli.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

"SK never wins the fan vote, but we have yet to poll the local neo-nazi LCS viewing party."

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
ROA on Orianna?

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Sexpansion posted:

ROA on Orianna?

The extra Hp makes sense against the heavy burst on SK.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Prolly played so much funk bass that he required wrist surgery.

Flipswitch posted:

I don't get how prolly is a coach, isn't his claim to fame being kicked off complexity?

Complexity was a giant loving mess, so its hard to say it was Prolly's fault for that or not. Regardless, his game sense and analysis has always been good, so that might be part of it.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013
Complexity owned when MegaZero and Lautemortis were on the team and was a stupid team at all other times.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Ryu-esque shockwave from Froggen there.

Khaba
Oct 29, 2011
I wonder what NRated did to Elements to deserve this focus. Either way, it's working well for SK.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Khaba posted:

I wonder what NRated did to Elements to deserve this focus. Either way, it's working well for SK.

it's what all annie players deserve

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
"You buy time for Kev1n with a Rod of ages (Kev1n builds RG)"

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

I still hate RG Maokai but it seems to be gaining popularity.

In any case, I like it more than I like double mana item no power spike Orianna.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
if froggen is building roa orianna and they want to go for a strong scaling lategame thing with mao/jinx then why the gently caress did they pick lee sin lol

e: when i saw the RG mao i actually thought 'oh hey it's libertine's favourite build'

Khaba
Oct 29, 2011
I'm really not a fan of Lee Sin. He's only going to get worse and he really hasn't done much so far on the champ.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Lovechop posted:

if froggen is building roa orianna and they want to go for a strong scaling lategame thing with mao/jinx then why the gently caress did they pick lee sin lol

e: when i saw the RG mao i actually thought 'oh hey it's libertine's favourite build'

This is the reason they've basically already lost and the rest of this will just be the sad conclusion of a bad draft. They are trying to play for late game with a bad late game composition. Putting absolutely no pressure on SK at all.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
That was like three perfect plays from fredy in a row.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I think RoA Morellos into Void/Dcap is pretty strong on Orianna, assuming he has scaling CDR blues going. Or is he building tear?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

exethan posted:

I think RoA Morellos into Void/Dcap is pretty strong on Orianna, assuming he has scaling CDR blues going. Or is he building tear?

He's got RoA/Athene's and no other complete items.

I've always considered RoA/Archangel's/Athene's/Morello's to be exclusive items and never should one be built after another except for on Ryze because of his unique mana scaling.

Building two of them in a row gives you a ton of mana/regen but gives you literally no power spike in a game, so you just get what you are seeing here, which is SK just walking all over them.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

"What is Elements' win condition here, Deficio?"
"Well, wait another 25 minutes and try not to lose any inhibitors..."
"Sounds like an Elements game to me!"

Khaba
Oct 29, 2011
Elements have always had poor drafts. I thought coaches being on stage was meant to fix that to a degree at least. Oh well, Krepo not the messiah for Elements, whoda thunkit.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Can't wait for EL Snoopeh.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
This has been a terrible game from Krepo. Missed hooks, bad positioning, etc.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Well that was a hilarious end to the game. SK sniffed out that "play" pretty easily.

Sexpansion posted:

This has been a terrible game from Krepo. Missed hooks, bad positioning, etc.

Agreed, was awful.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

i wonder if they made nyph watch that loss too

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
in a word: owned

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Flipswitch posted:

they don't watch replays

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Khaba posted:

Elements have always had poor drafts. I thought coaches being on stage was meant to fix that to a degree at least. Oh well, Krepo not the messiah for Elements, whoda thunkit.

If only they had a decent coach. A guy like Leviathan would be good for them, look how much he has improved gambit :v:

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Honestly Froggen's build was really suspect too. Elements has so many problems.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Flipswitch posted:

He's a coach now supposedly.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
we've decided our coach isn't working out for us, so we're getting a guy who was really good at Micro Machines Pro Racing for the Sega Megadrive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Forgivens greek hairline never fails to get to me, rip

• Locked thread