Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Dizz posted:

Please stop saying Hood is good, because then im gonna get real upset that I chose him of all covers to unfortunately skip.

I wont say "hood is good" but I will say you shouldnt have done that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Dizz posted:

Please stop saying Hood is good, because then im gonna get real upset that I chose him of all covers to unfortunately skip.

I could say he's not, but I'd be lying. I'd never go as far as having a second of any character, but if I did it would be him or Hulk.

Also Intimidate is wonderful with Cap because I imagine him shouting at the shields to get back faster and it makes me laugh.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
5 stack of Dormammu's Aid will get you past things soooo much higher level than your characters.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

BaconCopter posted:

5 stack of Dormammu's Aid will get you past things soooo much higher level than your characters.

Yeah, the game is way easier when your enemies don't use powers.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
So what am i looking for inn terms of early to midgame progression?I dint mind spending a little money here and there but I'm going to be f2p for the most part.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

vulturesrow posted:

So what am i looking for inn terms of early to midgame progression?I dint mind spending a little money here and there but I'm going to be f2p for the most part.

Story events tend to give more numerous/plentiful rewards from so many mission nodes, sub-chapter rewards, and a longer progression ladder, so grind those out first. PVP is slower and has the downside of the risk of losing points, but you can win multiple covers at once if you perform well.

The new deadpool daily is also really worthwhile.

2* characters to really aim for: Original Black Widow, Thor, Wolverine, Ares, Classic Storm, Modern Hawkeye, and Marvel NOW! Magneto all tend to have a place in early-mid-tier progression.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Venom or Juggernaut missions first?

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

vulturesrow posted:

Venom or Juggernaut missions first?

If you're talking about the prologue chapters, do Juggernaut first. It's level scaled left to right, approximately. Venom levels are gonna be significantly harder than Juggernaut.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe
I just noticed today that the "God of Lies" round of Season XI has for its 500-point progression reward a 3-star Human Torch (green). Usually it's a 2-star cover at 500 points and I just push to 400 for the 25HP, but that was worth a little extra effort.

Next event it's back to a crappy 2-star Bullseye.

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
gently caress yeah, managed a top 25 finish for my last blue Hood cover :slick:

Anybody else?

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

21st Cherry boy posted:

Anybody else?

Not even close. I got pushed out of the top 100 at the last minute so I didn't even get a black cover to hold me over. My Hood is stuck at 5/4/3 now. Which is still pretty great but that last blue cover sure would be nice.

Anyone else notice that every deadpool daily 3* cover so far has been that hero's first/top power? Like, every single one? It's a little disheartening to know in advance that when certain characters come up it's going to be useless for me.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe

21st Cherry boy posted:

I just need one yellow Hood cover to finish him and 10000 more points in Prodigal Sun will get me one.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

I really appreciate the DP dailies. There were periods in between story/versus events where nothing was going on and I needed a fix while stuck on a subway or on a call.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
The only thing I hate about DP dailies is that it's the same for everyone, There's only a small handful of missions, and the mission requirements don't change at all.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Yeah, I agree. I'm guessing the way things are set up they can't do it this way, but it'd be cool if it was all entirely random for everybody. The 3* reward especially. Way more interesting like that.

Also I would like the Underwater Level.

e: and there's too much Beast. gently caress off, Hank

McDragon fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Mar 1, 2015

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe

Dizz posted:

The only thing I hate about DP dailies is that it's the same for everyone, There's only a small handful of missions, and the mission requirements don't change at all.

The opponents on each level change every day, though.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
I'm sure you guys have figured this out, but I just realized yesterday that the 1* DP daily is easily beatable with just Juggernaut. I'd been leaving 2k iso out there every day because I just assumed I'd need a full 1* team to tackle it and didnt even try since I didnt wanna waste roster slots on 2 more 1* dudes.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

fishtobaskets posted:

I'm sure you guys have figured this out, but I just realized yesterday that the 1* DP daily is easily beatable with just Juggernaut. I'd been leaving 2k iso out there every day because I just assumed I'd need a full 1* team to tackle it and didnt even try since I didnt wanna waste roster slots on 2 more 1* dudes.

It's a really low level set of guys, I assume just about any fully leveled 1* can solo it. Juggernaut's probably the best for it, though.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I've probably been one of the most critical people of MPQ in this thread, but it's time to give the devil his due, the Deadpool Dailies are freaking fantastic.

They're diverse enough in required team compositions to be fun, incredibly well suited to all my favourite gimmick teams, hard enough to not be a total snoozefest but not ballbustingly so, and the rewards are great. Even when it's a duplicate cover I don't need I'm pretty happy to blast through each of the nodes. It's been a hell of a lot of fun building up absurd amounts of AP and going on killing sprees with Grey Black Widow or Classic Storm again, sometimes even both. Getting to run my oldschool Magneto Now/Classic Storm/OBW team has been a blast. I even enjoy my Juggernaut/Storm/Black Widow team on the 1* node.

This game has been plagued by a ridiculous amount of dumb design decisions, but drat did they hit it out of the park with the Deadpool Dailies. My only gripe is once they're over I find myself wishing there were more.

BGrifter fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Mar 1, 2015

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Sefer posted:

It's a really low level set of guys, I assume just about any fully leveled 1* can solo it. Juggernaut's probably the best for it, though.

The only catch is you're up against a 2* which if it's storm or bw or one of the other that is both 1&2, and that's you're only one, you can't do it. Fortunately that one isn't for a token or anything, just a couple iso points.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Ha, was worrying a bit about how I was going to tackle that last Thunderbolts Mountain node and then I remembered I have Deadpool and a whole pile of Deadpool Points. gently caress off, Avengers.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

duz posted:

The only catch is you're up against a 2* which if it's storm or bw or one of the other that is both 1&2, and that's you're only one, you can't do it. Fortunately that one isn't for a token or anything, just a couple iso points.

2k iso for a quickie mission on top of the other dailies is quite useful.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Taco tokens freaking own

Auk14HP
Dec 12, 2005

Screw this crap I've had it, I ain't no Mr. Cool
They would own if they didn't keep giving me non-stop Hawkeyes.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

McDragon posted:

Ha, was worrying a bit about how I was going to tackle that last Thunderbolts Mountain node and then I remembered I have Deadpool and a whole pile of Deadpool Points. gently caress off, Avengers.

A good combo is a mystique with 5 blue and a mnmags with 5 purple and anything with a potent black and just do a feedback loop with blue feeding purple feeding blue

Goldom
Feb 19, 2009

The governor has given a rats-alert advising people to stay in their homes.
So I finally got my 3* Thor from 5/3/5 to 3/5/5, which is great, except... now I can't really use him well with BP's 5/3/5, because they both want that yellow. Not sure who to go with as a second. HT, Cap and Punisher have great reds, but all those pairs are missing two colors when the required character doesn't have them. Any thoughts?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
So what are you guys running alongside X-Force Wolverine? I've started the long grind of dumping ISO and saving HP for my last two covers for 5/5/3 X-Force but I'm not even remotely close to having enough covers for Lady Thor or Lazy Daken.

Once I grind out the last reward cover I'll have my maxed Hood properly covered at 5/5/3. I've got Grey Widow, Punisher and Patch fully levelled with Spidey, Hulk and IM40 fully covered. Lazy Cap and Magneto Classic are close, Loki is 5/5 so I'd need five Green covers to go that route.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

BGrifter posted:

So what are you guys running alongside X-Force Wolverine? I've started the long grind of dumping ISO and saving HP for my last two covers for 5/5/3 X-Force but I'm not even remotely close to having enough covers for Lady Thor or Lazy Daken.

Once I grind out the last reward cover I'll have my maxed Hood properly covered at 5/5/3. I've got Grey Widow, Punisher and Patch fully levelled with Spidey, Hulk and IM40 fully covered. Lazy Cap and Magneto Classic are close, Loki is 5/5 so I'd need five Green covers to go that route.

Cmags is a powerful combo with X-force due to being able to clear all of one color and all of the team ups. His blue is one of the more potent attacks as well for the cost. I often used that combo to climb 700+ before covering out my Thora.

OldNorthBridge
Jul 23, 2003

Take your medicine!

My dream team right now is a 5/5/2 Xforce Wolvie, 3/5/5 Blade, and 5/3/5 CMags. All colors are covered and if Blade's Thirst and Keep Your Enemies Closer get going, the damage output is stupid insane. I also use a 5/3/5 BP and 5/5/3 Hood with him quite a bit. Drawbacks are that sometimes Wolvie and BP can argue over who gets the Black AP (Wolverine usually wins because Surgical Strike is the tits) and nobody on that team uses Purple. That usually doesn't matter much though.

BGrifter:

With the characters you have to work with, I would say that X-Force + Hood + GSBW would be a formidable team. You've got the Hood stealing and Widow feeding greens to Wolverine and all of your colors covered.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Goldom posted:

So I finally got my 3* Thor from 5/3/5 to 3/5/5, which is great, except... now I can't really use him well with BP's 5/3/5, because they both want that yellow. Not sure who to go with as a second. HT, Cap and Punisher have great reds, but all those pairs are missing two colors when the required character doesn't have them. Any thoughts?

I've had good results pairing LazyCap with BP. They share 2 colors, but they each cover up for the other one's lovely color. Cap's blue is great, and so is BP's yellow.

BGrifter posted:

I've read that CMags is a pretty good stand-in for Thora.

e: gently caress beaten

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Sounds good, thanks all! X-Force/Hood/GBW works nicely for now since Hood and GBW are all ready to go, then I can work on CMags as my next project once X-Force is all done.

Edit: I haven't paid much attention to MPQ in recent months but it even works out great that my CMags is viable in it's current state. Pre-changes 5/3/5 was pretty useless as that 2ap red was ridiculous, but now 5/3/5 gets nine tiles of countdown removal for PVE, the same board shuffle as five Red covers, and the kickass Blue is maxed. Now all I need is a bazillion ISO.

BGrifter fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Mar 3, 2015

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Snazzy Frocks posted:

A good combo is a mystique with 5 blue and a mnmags with 5 purple and anything with a potent black and just do a feedback loop with blue feeding purple feeding blue

Just quoting to say I was watching the new Walking Dead and the intro music came on right as I saw your avatar. Busted a gut laughing.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

All this talk about actual fun and taco tokens has pulled me back in, any slacker alliances have an open spot?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Also looking for a slacker alliance because tacos are tasty.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
51st in prodigal sun, please kill me now

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Made an alliance with a terrible name (like always!)

So if anybody wants to join Bone Rangers, it's open to all.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

AnonSpore posted:

51st in prodigal sun, please kill me now

Hahaha I'm 50th

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

Call Me Charlie posted:

Made an alliance with a terrible name (like always!)

So if anybody wants to join Bone Rangers, it's open to all.

Huzzah!

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Patches/Loki/OBW is a great team for that one deadpool daily.

E: Also a few covers are changing. Is that a thing they do monthly or is there some sort of problem?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe

Dizz posted:

Patches/Loki/OBW is a great team for that one deadpool daily.

E: Also a few covers are changing. Is that a thing they do monthly or is there some sort of problem?

Apparently to celebrate "Women of Marvel" they changed Star-Lord's cover? I don't know. Anyways, no, it's not something they do regularly.