Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

heenato posted:

Also same.

Frieza guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

We wish to communicate with you!

Maleketh posted:

Frieza guy?
Lady Buu. Well, actually I don't think I really went wrong with my build. I think I'm just really bad at the game.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Half of Dracula posted:

Next time, on Dragon Ball Xenoverse...

If you just replaced that with someone screaming it would be accurate.

If you're on Steam go into offline mode so you can still play. I haven't been able to login all morning except for a brief moment before I got kicked out, so I've just been grinding in offline.

Anyone have any tips or good combos. I've seen a few people mention Piccolo's Evil Blast thingy but I never get the timing right. Actually I think my biggest problem is timing when people can be hit again after you knock them into the ground. I want to immediately follow that up with a blast attack but it seems like they're invulnerable until they stand back up and I can't quite get the timing right on when to launch the attack.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

PaybackJack posted:

If you just replaced that with someone screaming it would be accurate.

If you're on Steam go into offline mode so you can still play. I haven't been able to login all morning except for a brief moment before I got kicked out, so I've just been grinding in offline.

Anyone have any tips or good combos. I've seen a few people mention Piccolo's Evil Blast thingy but I never get the timing right. Actually I think my biggest problem is timing when people can be hit again after you knock them into the ground. I want to immediately follow that up with a blast attack but it seems like they're invulnerable until they stand back up and I can't quite get the timing right on when to launch the attack.

Thanks for the tip! I'm running down Snake Way to join the battle!

cams
Mar 28, 2003

cams posted:

Trying to Z-Rank PQ09 is going to be hell. Goku only revives about 1/3 of the time if you hit the bonus objective and it is entirely likely that he kills the AI Vegeta because he has unlimited evasion bursts and will use them over and over (literally, I saw him chain them 3 in a row without moving otherwise).

All this combined with the fact that there are barely enough points to earn to get Z, gonna be loving hell.
New record: Within a 40 seconds period, Goku used his burst 12 times. Vegeta died. This is stupid.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

cams posted:

New record: Within a 40 seconds period, Goku used his burst 12 times. Vegeta died. This is stupid.

Play online or use SSJ4 Vegeta and do a charged ultimate. Takes about 1/4 of his lifebar.

rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

Sorry if this has been asked: Can you have multiple mentors or switch after selecting one? I didn't pick Krillin and now he's gone and Piccolo is here. Also am I still in the tutorial or something? AI players were just added after finishing the Vegeta saga, and I can select online matches in the quest thing but no one's showing up in my world and vice/versa.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

rizuhbull posted:

Sorry if this has been asked: Can you have multiple mentors or switch after selecting one? I didn't pick Krillin and now he's gone and Piccolo is here. Also am I still in the tutorial or something? AI players were just added after finishing the Vegeta saga, and I can select online matches in the quest thing but no one's showing up in my world and vice/versa.

You can switch at any time. Any progress you have if not fully completed when you switch masters you will keep as well. The entire saiyan saga counts as the tutorial, once its complete exit game and go back in, and you can choose SP lobby or Multi lobby.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Theoretically you can choose single player lobby or multiplayer lobby. Right now you can play neither.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
Vacation Delete is a pretty great ultimate attack. It's fast moving, has some tracking and the explosion leaves the target stunned for a few seconds so you can easily follow up with a fully charged kamehameha for a 30 hit combo if you have 4 ki bars.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Piccolo wants me to win fights without getting hit. What an rear end in a top hat.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Davoren posted:

Piccolo wants me to win fights without getting hit. What an rear end in a top hat.

You mean, he wants you to dodge.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Really, unless they're running PS4 and XBONE servers on the same as the PC, they shouldn't be melting down.

Steam stats as of right now:
CURRENTS PEAK GAME
15,626 19,625 DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Blaze Dragon posted:

I hope in Xenoverse 2 they just make a full alternate audio option of DBZ Abridged voices. Come on, they gotta know people love Nappa Voice.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
I bought this game and want to like it, but I'm having some weirdass issues.

During the intro sequence, and with my female majin CaC, I can't combo. Everyone seems to get knocked back out of reach of my follow up attacks so I can never land more than a hit or two at a time.

Also pre-rendered cutscene video tends to run at half speed compared to the audio, and my character runs around at about half speed on the hub compared to others.

What's the deal with this? I've changed all the settings but nothing seems to help. It seems to be performance based, but I'm running an Nvidia 8400 with 5 gigs of ram and a decent processor. Is that not enough, or is something else wrong that I should be looking into? It's really cutting into my enjoyment of the game. :shrug:

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Still grinding for Super Vegeta. Must've played around 20 times, he went SSJ thrice, no drop.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I have a new favorite infinite. Square square square square triangle distructo disk. Repeat.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Blaze Dragon posted:

Oh poo poo I never made that connection. DOOOODGE! This game is the best.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So how do you do the Freeza racial thing it talks about at the character creation screen? Unless it's somthing i completely missed i can't seem to do it.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Prophecy120 posted:

Vacation Delete is a pretty great ultimate attack. It's fast moving, has some tracking and the explosion leaves the target stunned for a few seconds so you can easily follow up with a fully charged kamehameha for a 30 hit combo if you have 4 ki bars.

It really is fantastic. It's like the only ultimate I've found that isn't kinda garbo so far (Weekend is too hard to hit with and Full Power Energy Volley does not do nearly enough damage for its ki cost).

cams
Mar 28, 2003

I asked about evaluation criteria in here and got no reply, so I hate you all and I hope you all choke.

In the meantime, I started a list myself that I hope will be helpful to anyone trying to Z-Rank everything like I am. Though, I have to say, the fact that your mentor's mission ranks are saved and are unrepeatable is going to bug the poo poo out of me. I got bad grades with a lot of my mentors :(

Defeated X enemies (3, 5, 10)
Defeated the last enemy
Defeated last enemy while transformed
Defeated a strong enemy
Hit with X Ki Blasts (20)
Performed X throws (3)
Remaining Health greater than X (80%)
Ally characters' Health greater than X (80%)
Fought by yourself
Cleared within X min. (3)
Did a of X hits or more (20)
Never KO'd (requires team)
Caused the most damage (requires team)
Defeated the most enemies (requires team)
Hit from behind X times (10)
Defeated enemy stronger than you
Attack accuracy X or greater (80%)
Hit with Ultimate Attacks X times (5)
Defeated last enemy with Ultimate Attack
Defeated 3 enemies with Ultimate Attacks

Obviously there are way more, I'm sure, these are just the ones I've seen and recorded.

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Holy poo poo, trying to get Spirit Sword is the most obnoxious thing. I've only ever seen the secret objective activate at all twice.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So how do you do the Freeza racial thing it talks about at the character creation screen? Unless it's somthing i completely missed i can't seem to do it.

My understanding its tied to just their basic ki blasts, so hitting dude with a single ki blast should stun them.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

LORD OF BUTT posted:

It really is fantastic. It's like the only ultimate I've found that isn't kinda garbo so far (Weekend is too hard to hit with and Full Power Energy Volley does not do nearly enough damage for its ki cost).

Final Flash is the first Ki Ultimate I've gotten on my dude that made me really appreciate the points I sunk into Blast. Holy gently caress does It hit hard. Giant Storm is also really awesome.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

cams posted:

I asked about evaluation criteria in here and got no reply, so I hate you all and I hope you all choke.

In the meantime, I started a list myself that I hope will be helpful to anyone trying to Z-Rank everything like I am. Though, I have to say, the fact that your mentor's mission ranks are saved and are unrepeatable is going to bug the poo poo out of me. I got bad grades with a lot of my mentors :(

Defeated X enemies (3, 5, 10)
Defeated the last enemy
Defeated last enemy while transformed
Defeated a strong enemy
Hit with X Ki Blasts (20)
Performed X throws (3)
Remaining Health greater than X (80%)
Ally characters' Health greater than X (80%)
Fought by yourself
Cleared within X min. (3)
Did a of X hits or more (20)
Never KO'd (requires team)
Caused the most damage (requires team)
Defeated the most enemies (requires team)
Hit from behind X times (10)
Defeated enemy stronger than you
Attack accuracy X or greater (80%)
Hit with Ultimate Attacks X times (5)
Defeated last enemy with Ultimate Attack
Defeated 3 enemies with Ultimate Attacks

Obviously there are way more, I'm sure, these are just the ones I've seen and recorded.

once you do the final quest for your mentor, if you talk with them again you can repeat them. Also, the "clear within (time) changes based on the mission. I know little Gohan's quest to defeat Frieza's is 2 minutes. which is also the same as the extra fight requirements.

Evil Canadian posted:

My understanding its tied to just their basic ki blasts, so hitting dude with a single ki blast should stun them.

It's this, instead of spamming a poo poo ton of ki blasts, you fire one pretty slowly. But if they don't have invincibility they get stunned until they're damaged or a few seconds. It's not quite enough time to land an ult, but you can do a charged super. I abused this to get through harder story missions.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
16 minutes

16 minutes to take out I don't know how many Buu, and I did it. On the first try.

I would like to thank Cell for training me in murdering things, Jeice for his Space Australian Attack, and the Special Beam Cannon for being wonderful.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Evil Canadian posted:

Yep, this. Friezas can only fire 1 ki ball at a time, but it homes and stuns on hit. It's actually ridiculously powerful.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I'm on what looks like the final part of the Piccolo mentorship. His bar seems to be completely filled, yet he has no new missions or things for me to do. Is there anything else I have to do? I just beat the Frieza section of story mode if that makes a difference.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

Pyroi posted:

16 minutes

16 minutes to take out I don't know how many Buu, and I did it. On the first try.

Did you get anything as a reward? I love this game but I'm really getting sick of spending 15 minutes fighting Trunks and Vegeta at the same time, and THEN Goku and Gohan at the same time only to be rewarded absolutely nothing.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

You found me when I could access the dumb servers! :3

nvm no cake
Feb 27, 2011

:3:

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."
I swear I'm not evil.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

So i just found out I have to run all the way through Ginyu's teachings before Frieza will show up and give me Death Balls. That's the lamest.

nvm no cake
Feb 27, 2011

Would anyone like some tournament announcer sunglasses? I have 4 of them...

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Squallege posted:

I finished my Piccolo training so now it's time for the real master, Mr. Satan!

get out of my head

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."

ZenVulgarity posted:

get out of my head

Does Piccolo really want you not to get hit at all during a fight to progress?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Athropos posted:

Does Piccolo really want you not to get hit at all during a fight to progress?

I don't think so, I just kept playing

Pretty sure I got hit once every fight I've done

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Did anyone seem to hit some kind of wall around level 36? I can't beat the story mission where I fight a million buus and I seem to be unable to beat anyone in the parallel quests from the cell saga (particularly the one where you fight the heroes at the cell games. When vegeta and trunks show up I'm hosed).

What to do? Did anyone have this kind of problem?

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Jesus Christ, Hercule just wrecked my poo poo. Word I never thought I'd say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

NomChompsky posted:

Did anyone seem to hit some kind of wall around level 36? I can't beat the story mission where I fight a million buus and I seem to be unable to beat anyone in the parallel quests from the cell saga (particularly the one where you fight the heroes at the cell games. When vegeta and trunks show up I'm hosed).

What to do? Did anyone have this kind of problem?

I literally just finished this mission at level 35. I ended up using 4 healing items... Medium, Large, Z and a Large regen one. Also in the Mixing NPC there is a Z-soul from Kami that increases your stats and heals you over time when you use a 'Reinforcement skill' which I found out is any skill that gives you a buff. I use Racoom's kick which is a pretty solid attack that gives you a damage buff.

• Locked thread