Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Happy days!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Holy poo poo really? It looks cool but it got dismissed as "never ever" on site, that's rad.

Tokyo Xanadu and Ray Gigant both look good too, that monster art in Gigant is awesome.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Also a Digimon game we'll never see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc4Res4zkJk&t=219s

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

you probably want to be level 79 then because iirc the agility penalties increase by a fair amount if you're three levels behind (and then again at 5 or 6 I think, you can tell by the color the enemy's nameplate is).

All I want out of the sequel is for them to remove this mechanic.

They just gotta do this, and I'll be happy.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Prism posted:

It's actually been announced: Dragon Quest Heroes is getting a release here.

Only the PS4 version though.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

punk rebel ecks posted:

So is the last part of Xenoblade suppose to be one long grind?

Looking up online, people say you need to be at least level 80 to defeat the final boss, and my people are only at level 78.

78 is doable, it might just be a difficult boss fight, but I think I did it at 78 or 79 (Shulk, Dunban, Seven).

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
BRING
BACK
MONSTER
RANCHER

gently caress digimon

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

hubris.height posted:

BRING
BACK
MONSTER
RANCHER

gently caress digimon

omg Monster Rancher! The best excuse to go through your CD collection and those of everyone you know

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i fell into a hole last week where i kept looking for people's lists of what cds/dvds gave which monsters and the best part of it was trying to figure out what kind of person owned barney on dvd but also had disturbed's first album on cd

Codiekitty
Nov 7, 2014

So the replacement remote for my TV arrived... and it didn't work either. I guess my TV's remote sensor doesn't work anymore.

And then I found out the TV settings were the channel between AUX and 1. :suicide:

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Well I finally beat Xenoblade. I grinded to level 80 and after that I just decimated the final part once I knew how to handle the first form of Zanza. It was kind of lovely as the emulator I was using kept crashing but it stopped after I updated to the newest version.

Anyway the game was very enjoyable however I got worn out of the difficult boss fights by the end of the game. I also hated how it turns out that the universe was created by some off the wall scientist in a spaceship ripped from 2001. It seemed so cliche. It was also weird to see how Fiora's height changed during her first person view. I am pretty certain that she is taller than Melia.

Overall the game was very enjoyable. Probably one of the best RPGs I've ever played. My only complaint is that it seemed that the bosses weren't in tune with the player's level as the developers tried to find a nice medium between people who don't like sidequests and people who do.

EDIT - I also disliked how they made Lady Menneth so weak. It seemed that she was always talked down to by people well by Zanza and Mumkhar at least), and she had her rear end completely handed to her while fighting Zanza.

punk rebel ecks fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Feb 27, 2015

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Sakurazuka posted:

Only the PS4 version though.

By the time it releases, there will be so many must-haves (oh hey there Bloodborne) on PS4 it shouldn't bug anyone.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
So I guess with Leonard Nimoy dead, all future Kingdom Hearts games will be cancelled.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Schwartzcough posted:

So I guess with Leonard Nimoy dead, all future Kingdom Hearts games will be cancelled.

Nah, they'll just use Zachary Quinto.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Schwartzcough posted:

If actual Xenohort had lines in 3, it's probably already recorded considering the Goofy VA incident.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
A new Xanadu game! After 10 years! :allears:

mpyro
Feb 9, 2003

'Cause I live and breathe this Fillydelphia freedom

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

A new Xanadu game! After 10 years! :allears:

Xanadu Next was already fan translated. http://www.romhacking.net/translations/1659/

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Schwartzcough posted:

So I guess with Leonard Nimoy dead-

What?!

Nooooo. :negative:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Neddy Seagoon posted:

What?!

Nooooo. :negative:

Just died kind of sad.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/348270/

D.O.G.O.G.B.Y.N.
Dec 31, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

That's Megaten as hell. That's ok, though, because the world could do with a few more SMT/Persona clones.

EDIT: As a kid, I had always preferred Digimon and Monster Rancher over Pokémon because the monsters could die. :downs: Too bad most MR and Digimon games suck rear end, and you don't even to compare them to the Pokémon games' stabler quality. (Though sucking hard's almost a plus for the original Digimon World, which is charmingly scrotal.)

D.O.G.O.G.B.Y.N. fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Feb 28, 2015

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

~rero rero rero rero rero
I want to start playing through the Shining Force series again. Should I play the Steam version of 1 (which is essentially the Genesis version), or the GBA remake (which is uglier and sounds worse, but has a few extra characters, dialogue and some weird card-collecting thing)

Snyderman
Feb 23, 2005

Colgate posted:

I want to start playing through the Shining Force series again. Should I play the Steam version of 1 (which is essentially the Genesis version), or the GBA remake (which is uglier and sounds worse, but has a few extra characters, dialogue and some weird card-collecting thing)

Genesis (Steam). I made a post about it earlier but Genesis all the way.

If you're hankering for more, don't forget Shining Force CD and its finale on Game Gear, Final Conflict (which is translated), and I believe all the Shining Force III games are playable in English too.

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

I just picked it up on steam along with Shining Force 2 and Phantasy Star 2 and 4. I can't get over how bad the graphics of the remake looked. Not only did they pretty much drain the color from the game, I just about lost it when the characters in the gathering hall just tells me their life story out of nowhere. It's like Shining Force: Fanfiction Edition.

I forgot about Shining Force CD and the gamegear games, and I wasn't aware the later two episodes of Shining Force 3 were translated. And I've never even heard of Final Conflict. I'll have to give those a look. I also need to play most of the Fire Emblem games, but from everything I hear, I'm not looking forward to FE5.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

mpyro posted:

Xanadu Next was already fan translated. http://www.romhacking.net/translations/1659/

...Which came out 10 years ago. Hence my comment! I do like Next quite a bit. Some of the later levels are full on rear end in a top hat mode though.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
Any consensus on the Enhanced Editions of Baldur's Gate? Can barely find any information on whether or not the price tag is justified.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hubris.height posted:

i fell into a hole last week where i kept looking for people's lists of what cds/dvds gave which monsters and the best part of it was trying to figure out what kind of person owned barney on dvd but also had disturbed's first album on cd
more than likely they just raided every single dvd/cd in the house

my sister's fallout boy cds put in some loving work

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

The Monster Rancher GBA games had some alternate methods of monster design - I think you picked a string of characters? It wouldn't really be too hard to rip some of the id tags off a random MP3 file if they wanted to stick to music or something, right?

Anyway I guess what I'm saying is BRING BACK MONSTER RANCHER

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Digital Osmosis posted:

The Monster Rancher GBA games had some alternate methods of monster design - I think you picked a string of characters? It wouldn't really be too hard to rip some of the id tags off a random MP3 file if they wanted to stick to music or something, right?

Anyway I guess what I'm saying is BRING BACK MONSTER RANCHER

It was on the DS and they let you make drawings.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
It was a fun game when it came out, but I'm not sure if I would still enjoy it now. I remember liking MR2, but I also remember getting roadblocked pretty often and you needed a lot of patience when it came to breeding monsters. Also it always bummed me out that your monsters will die :smith:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I now have Suikoden III and Y's Ark for PS2... I don't have too many more PS2 games to chase down at this point.

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

Did Capcom ever do anything with the Destiny of an Emperor series after the NES? The first was one of my favorite games to play on NES, and the second was really fun to play when it got translated. It's a shame they haven't revisited the series.

Snyderman
Feb 23, 2005

Colgate posted:

I just picked it up on steam along with Shining Force 2 and Phantasy Star 2 and 4. I can't get over how bad the graphics of the remake looked. Not only did they pretty much drain the color from the game, I just about lost it when the characters in the gathering hall just tells me their life story out of nowhere. It's like Shining Force: Fanfiction Edition.

I forgot about Shining Force CD and the gamegear games, and I wasn't aware the later two episodes of Shining Force 3 were translated. And I've never even heard of Final Conflict. I'll have to give those a look. I also need to play most of the Fire Emblem games, but from everything I hear, I'm not looking forward to FE5.

Just to be clear: Shining Force Gaiden 1-3 on Game Gear is a shorter trilogy of games, each at roughly 20-25 battles each (no JRPG towns other than a basic shop menu). Shining Force Gaiden 1-2 was remade as Shining Force CD (CD has some exclusive extra content as Book 3/4).

SFG1 is only available in English as Book 1 of SFCD.
SFG2 is also available in English as "The Sword of Hajya" on GG, as well as Book 2 of SFCD.
SFG3 a.k.a. "Final Conflict" was fan translated a few years ago, but it's GG only.

I can't vouch for shining force 3's translation or stability since I've never played it(might have visual bugs or crashes). However it's my understanding that it's worth seeking out the entire trilogy translation since SFIII:Scenario 1 had its ending modified for the original Saturn US release to cut implications of a trilogy, which the retranslation restores.

Snyderman fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Mar 1, 2015

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Semper Fudge posted:

Any consensus on the Enhanced Editions of Baldur's Gate? Can barely find any information on whether or not the price tag is justified.
They are overpriced but they work fine. Get them on a sale if possible. If you are any good at modding, then I'd skip them unless you really want the zoom-in feature that EE adds. The new content is really nothing special and is basically a small step ahead fan-created NPC mods.

Random aside, this probably applies to a small percentage of players but I believe BG2:EE is still not compatible with the Ascension mod. Kind of a deal breaker for me personally but it won't matter to many.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i randomly got 40 dollars in the mail that my old job still owed me apparently

what jrpg should i buy with it

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Cake Attack posted:

Shadow Hearts Covenant.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Have you already played all/some of the Altelier games?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Cake Attack posted:

monster hunter

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

monster hunter is not a jrpg gosh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU