Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Gonzo McFee posted:

There's nothing funny about some Chisum falling out, especially when you've already paid for your Russo Chisum website.

And right before I posted my blog on his site, Vince looks at me and says "I swear to gawd bro, my chisum fell out"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Vince Russo is the dumbest motherfucker alive

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
I sweah to gawd.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
When asked about his own Website Russo responded

"Bro, I had nothing to do with that"

or"

"Bro, let me tell you about politics."

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Big Bob Pataki posted:

I sweah to gawd.

please know, dat if ya renew youah monthly membership, ya will nawt be gettin' any content from vince russo from dis day goin' fawid. i also ask ya to nawt buy any vince russo merchandise, as i no longah have access to da awdiz.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

In about a weeks time articles that are copy and pasted from Pyro and Ballyhoo witha few names changed will start popping up on 411 mania.

Russo will go on twitter to deny any connection between him and the site.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

sounds like working with chisum got russo in a sticky situation

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

sounds like working with chisum got russo in a sticky situation

Can't wait to see Chisum shoot all over Russo.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Arbite posted:

"She broke her hip, let's celebrate! I mean..."

Good grief.

i laughed a lot at this

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

HulkaMatt posted:

please know, dat if ya renew youah monthly membership, ya will nawt be gettin' any content from vince russo from dis day goin' fawid. i also ask ya to nawt buy any vince russo merchandise, as i no longah have access to da awdiz.

gently caress you, now ev'rything I read taday is ganna be in Russo's voice. Ya heah me? Dat is not a good thing ya done heah!

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

lol chisum

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The bus story on Talking Shop about Gallows and his new voice is amazing, and later on they sum up the appeal of the show really well - people just enjoy how much fun the guys seem to having just hanging out and talking, regardless of what they're actually talking about.

Edit: Oh my God their Linda and Vince impressions :aaa:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Mar 1, 2015

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Jay Lethal has had the only title that matters, for 323 days, and it ain't changing this weekend.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Any word from Big Dave about whether or not he had fun at PWG

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

NickRoweFillea posted:

Any word from Big Dave about whether or not he had fun at PWG

he probably wont do a show until after ufc tonight

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Who's worse - Vince Russo or Peter Molyneux? Come to think of it, I've never seen them in the same place at the same time, but they seem to have all the same excuses and pathologies... :tinfoil:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Memento posted:

Who's worse - Vince Russo or Peter Molyneux? Come to think of it, I've never seen them in the same place at the same time, but they seem to have all the same excuses and pathologies... :tinfoil:

peter molyneux overpromises on ideas but he's produced quality products in the past and actually seems to enjoy what he does for a living. Even his latter works are based in interesting ideas even if the final product is heavily flawed

vince russo sucks and has never actually had a good idea

oatgan fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Mar 1, 2015

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Memento posted:

Molyneux hasn't said anything racist or xenophobic. yet.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Bro Vince Russo gave us the whole attitude era and everything since then has just been swervin tha marks into thinking that he doesn't have a good idea when he'll be like I sweah to gawd this idea will make a million buys and then it does and he's a genius

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
I almost passed out laughing at Stone Cold being unable to turn off his cell phone this week. He was in the middle of saying he turned it off and it rang, then he said he turned it off, he got like 5 straight dings for a text message, then his mom called, all in 90 seconds. It was awesome.

Then after 90 seconds it happened again

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Ribsauce posted:

I almost passed out laughing at Stone Cold being unable to turn off his cell phone this week. He was in the middle of saying he turned it off and it rang, then he said he turned it off, he got like 5 straight dings for a text message, then his mom called, all in 90 seconds. It was awesome

Guess Steve "The Funkasaurus" Austin shoulda remembered to call his momma.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I love the idea that Steve Austin's mom was calling up to see if Daniel Bryan went over or not :allears:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It's weird to me Steve Austin has a mom. I know he's a working man just like you or me and should have a mom but I still don't totally buy it.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Hey, he's got them gimmicks in the mail, called bills, why can't he have a shoot mom?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Apparently Dave enjoyed: https://twitter.com/JaimsVanDerBeek/status/571827099813584896

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Was this Dave's first PWG show?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

loving chisum...omg

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Dave also said he enjooyed the show in the quick results posted to the site and promised that he'd talk more about it on the next radio show.

Big Dave posted:

Overall super show. Every match was good, the last four matches were all different but all excellent in their own way, and the opener was as well.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

oatgan posted:

peter molyneux overpromises on ideas but he's produced quality products in the past and actually seems to enjoy what he does for a living. Even his latter works are based in interesting ideas even if the final product is heavily flawed

fable 2 is a million times better than anything vince russo has ever been involved in

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

oatgan posted:

His idea to go to WCW and concentrate all of the bad booking in one company was very good.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

MassRafTer posted:

It's weird to me Steve Austin has a mom. I know he's a working man just like you or me and should have a mom but I still don't totally buy it.

"I'm tryin' to record a motherfuckin' podcas--err, sorry mom!"

Also, take a shot every time he mentions the poor acoustics at Fastlane. Dear god, don't do this.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Austin tried hard to spin the dead crowd, he definitely got asked to shill this week.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Thauros posted:

Dave also said he enjooyed the show in the quick results posted to the site and promised that he'd talk more about it on the next radio show.

I agree with him, the opener and the second half were definitely the highlights. The crowd got SO hot for the opener that I think they were a little burned out by the ACH/AR Fox match before intermission. I'd love to hear him talk in detail about the show though.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
"There comes a point where you really shouldn't get punched in the face." Sage advice from Dave Meltzer.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I'm not sure that Dave's right that if Brock leaves for UFC that means that the WM smark crowd would be more likely to cheer Roman. Lot of poo poo has changed since the Goldberg match and I know I'm not the only one that thinks it's awesome and hilarious how adept he is at playing the game.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
And there's definitely something to cheering the guy that is all like "gently caress this bullshit" and stands up to the Company when they're trying to push this guy down everyone's throat.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Agreed, it's not 2004 any more, the entire dynamic between the crowd, the company, and the wrestlers has changed a lot since then

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

Yeah I didn't agree with Dave on that either. I have a feeling Brock will be cheered. Another thing he said on the previous WOR that I thought was wrong was an email question that asked what it would take for Vince McMahon to lose faith in Roman Reigns and he said "solid fan rejection". I think that's wrong because there was a significant number of crowds over the years that solidly rejected Cena and it only reinforced his push. The real answer is solid fan indifference.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

A meaningful crowd rejection is bad ticket and merch sales.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

A meaningful crowd rejection is bad ticket and merch sales.

Yep exactly. People can boo all they want but if a guy sells merch and tickets it doesn't matter. It's not a perfect metric because of the hosed up way they stock merch and run tours, but it's still better than crowd noise alone

• Locked thread