Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LordCo
Jun 25, 2005

Can I get one of my alts into the channel? @lioneltrane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

DonDoodles posted:

This thread is going well. On this page, a pubbie tells us all to drop dead because we put some balloons in his sob circle jerk.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=22567501&posted=1#post22567501

I may not play STO much anymore but you are a beautiful bastard. Never stop doing what you do. I check this thread daily and it never lets me down.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Is there a way to hide the Bridge Officer buttons on the Space GUI?

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011

AndyElusive posted:

Zombie Spock lives on.

So I'm a little unsure of exactly what that memorial sculpture is of? A graboid seems a little unrelated to Leonard Nimoy or Spock.

Not a Dentist, came here to check out some of the blow back, and ahahaha oh man I only just realized where I recognized that fountain from. I walked past it every day for 4 years. Yay for my LA alma mater, I get to see poo poo I recognize at the weirdest times.

e: Fun fact, it's a genuine, bonafide birthday tradition to throw people in the fountain. If that matters to anyone.

the JJ fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Feb 28, 2015

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Can I skip the tutorial and just beam myself to Vulcan?

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

the JJ posted:

e: Fun fact, it's a genuine, bonafide birthday tradition to throw people in the fountain. If that matters to anyone.

I'm pretty sure this is the tradition at every university with a fountain.

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011

Soylent Pudding posted:

I'm pretty sure this is the tradition at every university with a fountain.

True.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

CappyBottoms posted:

I may not play STO much anymore but you are a beautiful bastard. Never stop doing what you do. I check this thread daily and it never lets me down.

All credit must go where credit is due: to the pubbies of STO. I doubt shooting party balloons, standing on fake fountains, and simply existing could elicit this amount of rage from any other MMO.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

DonDoodles posted:

All credit must go where credit is due: to the pubbies of STO. I doubt shooting party balloons, standing on fake fountains, and simply existing could elicit this amount of rage from any other MMO.

Let me tell you about a (badly managed) MMO called Archeage:

My crime? Blocking a doorway into the courthouse. That's all.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

the JJ posted:

Not a Dentist, came here to check out some of the blow back, and ahahaha oh man I only just realized where I recognized that fountain from. I walked past it every day for 4 years. Yay for my LA alma mater, I get to see poo poo I recognize at the weirdest times.

What school, praytell? If the design was genuinely plagiarized then that's just loving hilarious.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Friendly reminder that our best efforts will never surpass Shatner for sheer dickishness.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Apparently he's the big attraction at the Red Cross Ball.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2015/02/28/william-shatner-to-miss-leonard-nimoys-funeral/24188513/

I am currently in FL as I agreed to appear at the Red Cross Ball tonight. Leonard's funeral is tomorrow. I can't make it back in time.
— William Shatner (@WilliamShatner) February 28, 2015

I feel really awful. Here I am doing charity work and one of my dearest friends is being buried.

He then proposed that fans join on Twitter that day to celebrate Nimoy's life:

So maybe tomorrow we come together here and celebrate his life.

William Shatner @WilliamShatner · 10h 10 hours ago

So let's spend some time tomorrow celebrating Leonard's life and remembering the man.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009
That seems ... 100% entirely reasonable?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Guess I could dig out my VHS copy of Star Trek IV (still my favorite Star Trek movie, although it's tied with Galaxy Quest now).

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

LordCo posted:

Can I get one of my alts into the channel? @lioneltrane

Done.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

SirPhoebos posted:

Is there a way to hide the Bridge Officer buttons on the Space GUI?

F12 will turn everything transulent with on/off toggle buttons. Alt-F12 will lose the hud totally and your FPS doubles, you can do missions like that and its buttery smooth but pretty much any button not on a macro stops responding without the hud.

Edit: I used the ship sale to buy the Stargazer with some left over zen I had, figured it could be slapped on my fleet heavy cruiser and sure enough. Now I have a ship with awful Boff chairs that still pulls almost 17k somehow and looks sweet as hell. I was reluctant to spend an upgrade on it because it's such a terrible ship but it looks so drat sweet.

Cyberball 2072 fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Mar 1, 2015

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Okay, everything aside the sector space update is pretty cool.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

DancingShade posted:

Let me tell you about a (badly managed) MMO called Archeage:

My crime? Blocking a doorway into the courthouse. That's all.

Even some of the goons were that bad or worse. It was hilarious.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Fishing pact. FISHING. PACT.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Pleas be cognizant and respectful of the fishing pact.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Hold on now. I haven't played in a few months and I figured I'd log in today and see how STO is taking the death of Spock. All my bridge officer abilities are completely different from what they used to be, and my awesome ship is piloted by useless officers with skills I don't need. Is it a glitch or did Cryptic double down on making the game unplayable while I was out?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Frankenstyle posted:

Hold on now. I haven't played in a few months and I figured I'd log in today and see how STO is taking the death of Spock. All my bridge officer abilities are completely different from what they used to be, and my awesome ship is piloted by useless officers with skills I don't need. Is it a glitch or did Cryptic double down on making the game unplayable while I was out?

The skill system was revamped. Your bridge officers can now know multiple different skills for each slot at the same time, and you can switch between them when you're out in sector space. So all your boffs still know their old skills, but you're gonna have to change them back because they probably all got set to different defaults.

Also everything has new icons just to confuse you.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

Before I head to work today, I had to do this.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

When did they add this foundry thing to star systems? It would be a lot more useful if foundry missions weren't mostly garbage but it's still a pretty nice feature.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Kobali Spock has found a true friend at last:

edit:

pubtastic posted:

trolls are everywhere it seems... a friend told me its some kind of weapon that causes a dance party for two minutes

Aleth fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Mar 1, 2015

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
If someone was considering coming back to this game after like 3 years away, are there any decent 'guides for dummies' resources out there for all the changes and poo poo that's gone on?

I might make a new character, my old one was an alien fed engineer I think...

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013

WarLocke posted:

If someone was considering coming back to this game after like 3 years away, are there any decent 'guides for dummies' resources out there for all the changes and poo poo that's gone on?

I might make a new character, my old one was an alien fed engineer I think...

Roll a fed tac and see if you can beg a plas leech or use the old char's EC to buy one. Everyone else will shout about playing a KDF romulan, yet way more people play fed these days.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Hey would you look at that, chat is down.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Goat Pillager posted:

Roll a fed tac and see if you can beg a plas leech or use the old char's EC to buy one. Everyone else will shout about playing a KDF romulan, yet way more people play fed these days.
Whatever the case, for god's sake just roll tac.

You don't have to completely abandon your old character WarLocke, but engineers are in a weak point at the moment and if it's been a few years there's basically been a gear reset, massive changes to skills, etc, so you're better off starting fresh and relearning how it works anyway.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Aleth posted:

Kobali Spock has found a true friend at last:

edit:

quote:

I witnessed delta's b.s. behaviour as well. There were about 20 of us and then this delta dweeb started telling with disco balls party horns and running in and it off the crowd that was assembled there. Delta is simply put a fleet of grievers and the devs need to disband their fleet. Since when does a group of morons get away with it. Massive fail from cryptic refusal to do anything about it. The game is becoming a grievers paradise. Time to step up cryptic. It's in your rules about harassing players and you need to follow thru. Disband their fleet and ban their accounts and then we'll see if they think they're so funny. Fails

God drat Deltas.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009
I don't think anyone would disagree that Delta is the death knell of the game.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
How does the Romulan stuff work? You use Romulan ships but you do either Fed or Klingon content? :iiam:

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

WarLocke posted:

How does the Romulan stuff work? You use Romulan ships but you do either Fed or Klingon content? :iiam:
Basically, yes. Around level 10 you get a quest where you choose a side, and then you're a special green-blooded hobgoblin snowflake amongst the Klanks or the Federales. I think you can also use the respective side's ships if you get tired of your OP warbirds

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

WarLocke posted:

Pretty much, after level 10 you ally with one faction or the other.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...
Except when it's a double-Expertise weekend, and then you hope you have the free Dhael they gave out because you'll be stuck in a T'Varo until around 20 otherwise, as the story mission is what gives you your Tier 2 ship requisition token.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

WarLocke posted:

Sort of. They actually get their own story arc, but it peters out around 40 and it's all the usual cross faction stuff after that. The faction stuff is more for which fleets you can join, what doff jobs you get, and so on. You can use pre-endgame faction ships, but at endgame it's all warbirds or cross-faction boats.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

Asimo posted:

Sort of. They actually get their own story arc, but it peters out around 40 and it's all the usual cross faction stuff after that. The faction stuff is more for which fleets you can join, what doff jobs you get, and so on. You can use pre-endgame faction ships, but at endgame it's all warbirds or cross-faction boats.
Or, if you have it, are Fed-side, and desperately want to fly a T5-ish ship, the Ambassador retrofit given out via one of the recent promotions.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.

DonDoodles posted:

God drat Deltas.

Starfleet Delta is the greatest fleet yet, and the players love it.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
http://iqfleet.org/private/leaks

IQ Fleet are tweeting a significant leak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

Technical Analysis posted:

Starfleet Delta is the greatest fleet yet, and the players love it.

Starfleet Delta is a splinter group from Starfleet Denalt- a fleet led by the infamous Butts.

• Locked thread