Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Computer viking posted:

I think he'll follow the classic Soviet tradition of becoming even more paranoid and holding on tightly to power until he dies (possibly under slightly murky circumstances that nobody really wants to look into).

He probably has a "secret son" in line, so just wait for Putin II.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

somewhere in the kremlin, putin looks out and is counting parked cars while bobbing his head to a beat only he hears.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

putin is gonna get his Sherlock Holmes hat and his magnifying glass and solve this case in a single day. also prove that Obama personally ordered trayvon martins murder while he's at it. that's how awesome Putin is.

door Door door
Feb 26, 2006

Fugee Face

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/01/world/europe/russian-authorities-say-fellow-opposition-members-may-have-killed-boris-nemtsov.html

are you loving kidding me posted:

Russian authorities said on Saturday that they were investigating several theories about the crime, some immediately scorned as improbable, including the possibility that fellow members of the opposition had killed Mr. Nemtsov to create a martyr.

That line of investigation would examine whether Mr. Nemtsov, a 55-year-old former first deputy prime minister and longtime leader of the opposition, had become a sacrificial victim to rally support for opponents of the government, the Investigative Committee of the Prosecutor Generals Office said in a statement.

Ahahahahahahaha

e: this is like all those detainees at gitmo who treacherously killed themselves as part of an asymmetric attack on the US

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

the classic "accuse your political rival of your own actions" maneuver, moscow style

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

have they ruled out suicide yet? what about suicide by time travelling self from the past?

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
Don't worry guys Moscow's elite CSI unit are on the j-

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Russia would be better off as a failed state.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

School Nickname posted:

evidence, who needs that?

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

door Door door posted:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/01/world/europe/russian-authorities-say-fellow-opposition-members-may-have-killed-boris-nemtsov.html

Ahahahahahahaha

e: this is like all those detainees at gitmo who treacherously killed themselves as part of an asymmetric attack on the US

"Quit hittin' yerself!" -Putin

Lazer Monkey
Jan 15, 2005

School Nickname posted:

Amazing

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

door Door door posted:

Ahahahahahahaha

this is pretty clever, because now whoever takes over the mantle of opposition leader can be implicated in his murder and arrested

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Why would they need to secure the scene? They already know that the guy shot himself with a gun made of ice. Or the CIA. Or the Mossad. Or the Opposition.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

has this been posted yet? http://au.ibtimes.com/married-russian-tv-actor-loses-testicles-sauna-pretty-blonde-woman-1425424

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

I wasn't aware black market testicles had value.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

Nuclearmonkee posted:

I wasn't aware black market testicles had value.

It's probably just a joke item. "Lol, you know that guy from TV? I took his balls!" *points to jar* *laughter*

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
wrong thread

lollontee fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Mar 1, 2015

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Friendly Tumour posted:

You'll never catch me saying anything positive about Putins Russia, but here I find myself in a situation where I'm having to actually believe him when he says he had no knowledge of it. It makes absolutely no bloody sense to kill Nemstov. He was a nobody, nobody gave a poo poo about him or his opinions. Putin and his circle understand how these things go, they're not stupid. Nobody with half a brain and non-radioactive bollocks would know how killing him on the loving Moskvoretsky bridge would work out for everyone involved. I just refuse to believe that he could be so stupid and insane as to let this go forward had he had any power whatsoever to stop it.

Paranoia and desperation?

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Paranoia and desperation?

:what:

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

you think he is a fully rational actor. lmao.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
wait why am in novorossiya

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
poo poo

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

death to putin

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

death to putin

yeah

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Friendly Tumour posted:

wait why am in novorossiya
___________________________________//

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice
Why is putin such a pussy bitch? It was all going so well for Russia until he decided to invade Ukraine because they didn't want to join his very lovely version of the EU

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Somebody said a year and change ago "Russia without Ukraine is a country, Russia with Ukraine is an empire. Letting them go would be the end of Russia as a world power, from their perspective.

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

gender illusionist posted:

Why is putin such a pussy bitch? It was all going so well for Russia until he decided to invade Ukraine because they didn't want to join his very lovely version of the EU

seriouspost: i'm guessing it's because life in Russia is really lovely right now, and has been for a while. Remember those anti-Putin protests a couple of years ago? I think Putin is paranoid about how much power he really holds, and losing Ukraine like he did meant losing face not just internationally, but domestically as well. So he needed to find a way to salvage his own reputation, hence the invasion. Whether this was the appropriate thing to do--or even whether Putin really is losing legitimacy within Russia--isn't something I'm going to try to figure out, but I think that if Putin manages to annex Novorossiya, he'll at least have some sort of victory to play up amid a collapsing economy in a country already suffering from very serious social issues.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

it's pretty obvious putin isn't autistic, if he was he'd never invade ukraine, as that seriously fucks up russia's border aesthetics

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

I don't know, the Dnieper River makes a nice, natural, Pretty Border.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
I watched this documentary today :suspense:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAftwTfXbMs

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Putin did not order the hit on that dude who was never a threat to him. And they found all the shell casings, and the car.
Take this poo poo to D&D

Folk Russian Metal band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9wylzyFcKM

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Preoptopus posted:

Putin did not order the hit on that dude who was never a threat to him. And they found all the shell casings, and the car.
Take this poo poo to D&D

Either Putin is going insane or he is losing control. hth

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

It's been pointed out that Russian men either look like puny bobble-headed geeks or hulking muscle monsters.

Russian women seem to either look like sexy swimwear models or cube-shaped babushkas who can lift a tractor with one arm.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Say Nothing posted:

It's been pointed out that Russian men either look like puny bobble-headed geeks or hulking muscle monsters.

Russian women seem to either look like sexy swimwear models or cube-shaped babushkas who can lift a tractor with one arm.

It's the duality of Slav.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

jfc, thanks for link :suspense:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Disco Infiva posted:

It's the duality of Slav.

It why russian women are best. You get two types of wife for one.

20-30 it's the wild thing in bed but after 30 you suddenly get a wife who can easily move furniture around the house.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Say Nothing posted:

it's the poor diet. all the potatos and salo react with your body juices and corrode your life essences over time. you can also see it happen with corn sirup and midwesterners/southerners in the US. stay away from that stuff.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Friendly Tumour posted:

You'll never catch me saying anything positive about Putins Russia, but here I find myself in a situation where I'm having to actually believe him when he says he had no knowledge of it. It makes absolutely no bloody sense to kill Nemstov. He was a nobody, nobody gave a poo poo about him or his opinions. Putin and his circle understand how these things go, they're not stupid. Anyone with half a brain and non-radioactive bollocks would know how killing him on the loving Moskvoretsky bridge would work out for everyone involved. I just refuse to believe that he could be so stupid and insane as to let this go forward had he had any power whatsoever to stop it.

lovely totalitarian states don't have a reputation for overreacting against people who threaten their status quo.

Not to mention having the gall to claim the fragmented russian opposition "maybe" murdered Nemstov just to stir up sympathy for their cause.

http://www.businessinsider.com/here-are-6-other-russian-dissidents-who-also-died-mysteriously-in-recent-years-2015-2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
jesus christ you people i meant to post that in dnd stop talking about ffs

• Locked thread