Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

The defense rests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug

I think I'm not alone in hypothetically preferring to share a meal with a random gay stoner than a random person who eats at Chick-Fil-A for political reasons.

Even if the bigoted patron isn't physically-repulsive or idiotic or belligerent, celebrating your fast-food's politically regressive institutions is one of the pettiest and dumbest social identifiers I can imagine.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

The defense rests.

WoodrowSkillson fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Mar 1, 2015

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

I think you'll find that the top picture is actually the server for the Paradox forums.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Col. is the abbreviation for "admitted war criminal" right? Because that's all I see in this criticism.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

VideoTapir posted:

They probably don't even know what's on a college transcript.

Oh look, Obama just released his transcript.

:chanpop:

I've only seen Islamic Shock's birth certificate. Is there a whole alternate universe built up around him!? :aaaaa:

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I have a friend who in the past has said some pretty awful stuff, including this a while back:

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I don't even know where to start.

He's Frank Senbeans.
I wonder if he's starting to catch on to the bigotry.

:unsmith:

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

That's also the symbol of the whole Nazi party, not just Hitler...

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

VideoTapir posted:

They probably don't even know what's on a college transcript.

Oh look, Obama just released his transcript.

This is brilliant. I especially love the redundant "Islamic Algebra."

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Jurgan posted:

In the US they call it Common Core.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Coffee And Pie posted:

YOU'RE TELLING ME OBAMA IS THE ONLY PERSON IN HISTORY TO HAVE HIS OWN SYMBOL...!

Other than Prince (pbuh)

Haxin Jackson
Apr 3, 2011

Literally "the government is amazingly incompetent" and "the government is all-powerful" in the same image. Beautiful. Authoritarianism at its finest.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Fulchrum posted:

Why does the president get to decide how laws are carried out? What does he think his job is?

You're right, Trey, we should ask the president to affirm his devotion to the law. Perhaps he should take some sort of oath before assuming office?

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Jurgan posted:

You missed the back-to-back semesters of Maxist Communism and Communist Marxism.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

Coffee And Pie posted:

It's kind of funny because Hitler actually did have a personal standard, but they went ahead and just used the swastika anyway because gently caress putting any amount of thought or effort into our image macros.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Colin Derr is just asking questions, guys. Really.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

gradenko_2000 posted:

Colin Derr is just asking questions, guys. Really.

That Social Fixer name is too good to be true :allears:

He's one of those idiots that thinks that think the US is a country that should vote on everything, right?

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Fulchrum posted:

Allowing people to believe unscientific things that won't affect others, but not things that will affect others? HYPOCRISY!

Why would liberals gasp about someone /not/ denouncing the theory of evolution? I thought that was the Conservatives' job?

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

taiyoko posted:

Why would liberals gasp about someone /not/ denouncing the theory of evolution? I thought that was the Conservatives' job?

That's why they'd gasp. I'm not sure I get how this is supposed to relate to the other part.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

The defense rests.

I showed that macro to my friend and he came back 5 minutes later with this.

Edit: Wait no, this one's better.

djw175 fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Mar 1, 2015

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

taiyoko posted:

Liberals are dumb and stupid...

...Obama!

That's about as much thought as has gone into it.

Mister Bates posted:

It's kind of funny because Hitler actually did have a personal standard, but they went ahead and just used the swastika anyway because gently caress putting any amount of thought or effort into our image macros.
If personal standards and seals count, there's a whole lot of European nobles that would qualify too.

That would fit right into their "Obama is a King-Emperor, look at him using executive powers and ruling for two consecutive four year terms after election :argh:" thing they have going on.

But nope, Hitler. At least until they find a lower hanging fruit.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?
About the Scott Walker thing: He literally refused to answer a question regarding his beliefs on evolution, and said "That’s a question a politician shouldn’t be involved in one way or the other" Never mind that my party loves supporting Creation Science and revisionist history.

As for the naturopathy thing, oh boo hoo. If the DSHEA hadn't passed, there's a great chance that a lot of woo wouldn't even be legal to sell, leading to a reduction in clients and practitioners of woo therapy, and perhaps an overall public turn against it. But because the DSHEA involved deregulation, a GOP passion if ever there was one, Orrin loving Hatch was the one to introduce it to the Senate.

Gygaxian
May 29, 2013

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

About the Scott Walker thing: He literally refused to answer a question regarding his beliefs on evolution, and said "That’s a question a politician shouldn’t be involved in one way or the other" Never mind that my party loves supporting Creation Science and revisionist history.

As for the naturopathy thing, oh boo hoo. If the DSHEA hadn't passed, there's a great chance that a lot of woo wouldn't even be legal to sell, leading to a reduction in clients and practitioners of woo therapy, and perhaps an overall public turn against it. But because the DSHEA involved deregulation, a GOP passion if ever there was one, Orrin loving Hatch was the one to introduce it to the Senate.

Orrin Hatch loves him some big pharma. And small-ish (not really) pharma. Basically, if it's a pill, he'll shill for it. He's a pill shiller. A shill piller. A shrill pill shiller.

And Utah wonders why we have a legal medicine substance abuse problem...

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
It's because you're all worshipping Marduk. Eat some more pills pillhead.

Kat R. Waulin
Jul 30, 2012
Grimey Drawer

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
It's bad that I just can't take this thread anymore, and specifically LL101, but I look forward to the Freep thread. I'm truly broken by the ignorance and bigotry those images represent.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Mo_Steel posted:

I'm starting to think maybe they don't believe in cause & effect and that's the reason they get things so hosed up. The German people just collectively woke up and decided for themselves that they wanted to be evil and massacre the Jews just for shits and giggles. 9/11 was because terrorists just up and decided that they hated America and definitely not related to military adventurism or regional instability for decades prior to the event. Liberals just love killing unborn fetuses because they hate life, it's not at all related to the biological rights of women. Global warming is false because it snowed outside in the winter time, and the year after year record high temps have nothing to do with human activities, the planet just wanted to be warmer.

You're exaggerating but this is a pretty common train of thought when conservatives and libertarians specifically try and describe human behavior. The idea that your environment is a major factor in your decision-making and well-being doesn't really jive with their dogmatic obsession with personal responsibility (whatever that actually means in most cases) before all else. Literally anyone can be the next captain of industry in their mind, regardless of the circumstances in which he or she is raised, if they just have the gumption to do it. Conversely, anyone who makes what they see as poor decisions must do so because of moral failings.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Cognac McCarthy posted:

You're exaggerating but this is a pretty common train of thought when conservatives and libertarians specifically try and describe human behavior. The idea that your environment is a major factor in your decision-making and well-being doesn't really jive with their dogmatic obsession with personal responsibility (whatever that actually means in most cases) before all else. Literally anyone can be the next captain of industry in their mind, regardless of the circumstances in which he or she is raised, if they just have the gumption to do it. Conversely, anyone who makes what they see as poor decisions must do so because of moral failings.

Well they're partially right. The main issue though is that it requires significantly (perhaps exponentially) more gumption for a poor guy to get ahead than a rich guy. Or a white guy and a black guy. Even then raw gumption can only do so much; the son of a white billionaire can do pretty much whatever the hell he pleases in life but the daughter of a poor, black drunk is going to need a whole lot of gumption. Even the she isn't likely to ever be CEO but Billionaire McRichboy might have a CEO-level job set up for him before he's born.

They don't really give a poo poo about that, though. It's a convenient excuse to gently caress over everybody that isn't a wealthy white rich guy and nothing more.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

The defense rests.
Take a look at this egomaniac:
http://www.georgewashingtoninauguralbuttons.com/

"father of the fatherland"

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

We interrupt this symbol lecture with a crosspost from the Schadenfreude thread:

Jippa posted:

http://www.inquisitr.com/1881557/richard-mack-obamacare/

Richard Mack, Sheriff Who Refused Obamacare, Now Begs Strangers For Cash To Pay Medical Bills.

I know this isn't facebook chain emails, but this is just hilarious. :allears:

Sardine Wit
Sep 3, 2004

Has Obama used the 2008 campaign logo on anything since, well, 2008? I only see it in right wing politoons these days.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

VideoTapir posted:

It's because you're all worshipping Marduk. Eat some more pills pillhead.

Marduk, Son of Ea, Slayer of Tiamat

Blatzmobile
Nov 1, 2012

This mission is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it.

That's not a symbol, that's a logo.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Sardine Wit posted:

Has Obama used the 2008 campaign logo on anything since, well, 2008? I only see it in right wing politoons these days.
It was used by a Democratically-aligned group for the Willie Nelson/Neil Young fundraiser for Bold Nebraska.

That's the only place I've seen it outside right wingers using it all time, though.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer
Please enjoy this fine selection from the facebook group "Extremely Pissed Off Right Wingers 2"

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Defenestration posted:

Please enjoy this fine selection from the facebook group "Extremely Pissed Off Right Wingers 2"

These are always the best arguments because they always end with "I turned out okay!" But of course they didn't, they turned out to be someone who thinks it's really, really cool to hit children.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer

Cognac McCarthy posted:

These are always the best arguments because they always end with "I turned out okay!" But of course they didn't, they turned out to be someone who thinks it's really, really cool to hit children.

and of course the ones that died in bike accidents without helmets can't post memes :(

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Not gonna lie, this one made me smile. (Why did he get the dress in the divorce settlement though? Or is the insinuation that he shot her? :ohdear: Or am I now overthinking this? Maybe he's just a petty dick and took the dress, in which case, still made me smile.)

Like and share if you turned out OK. gently caress the ones that didn't!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

Not gonna lie, this one made me smile. (Why did he get the dress in the divorce settlement though? Or is the insinuation that he shot her? :ohdear: Or am I now overthinking this? Maybe he's just a petty dick and took the dress, in which case, still made me smile.)

Like and share if you turned out OK. gently caress the ones that didn't!

"Like and share if you turned out OK! Throw your children down the stairs and like it anyway because there's no way to prove that you're OK!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Because life should be a crapshoot and gently caress those that don't survive. Hell, we should make fun of them too!