Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

2015 year of the good android

(lol)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

quote:

none of the wraparound apps created with the Note Edge SDK will work here; you can swipe through notifications and sift through news items, but there isn't much more to things than that. Samsung's main motivation in curving that screen was to make a phone that feels intensely comfortable in your hand

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
u better belive it, edge phones will be samsungs margin savior.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
lol at the two bozo android manufacturers that had such garbage to show off that they both scheduled it on the same day just to get it out of the way

"...well, thats the new [m9/s6]...enjoy the rest of your 5 days in spaind or whatever. maybe a small plastic drone from the echibition floor will overshadow our shitphones"

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

just a reminder its called the htc one m9

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

wireless charging would be useful if it wasn't actually wire-is-one-inch-from-phone-now-i-guess charging, because that's awful and stupid, just like android

found this outside a window this morning

literal garbage

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

its beautiful

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
is htc the new android it girl?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

when I've been out walking or jogging or at the park I've seen multiple discarded broken androids on the ground. I never really thought about it before because they didn't seem out of place amongst the other garbage

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

new anroid of choice for dypers will be a chinaphone

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Well, Samsung just eliminated the reasons I stick with their phones (my last 5 were Samsung).

I regularly buy and sell phones because none have been 100% what I'm looking for. But I've stuck with my Note 3 for a year, which for me is a long time. The microSD card slot and removable battery mean that storage and a degrading battery are never an issue. Without those, I might as well go with an LG or HTC (microSD at least). I've been looking for a reason to ditch Samsung anyways, so it feels nice to be liberated.

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

eric posted:

Well, Samsung just eliminated the reasons I stick with their phones (my last 5 were Samsung).

I regularly buy and sell phones because none have been 100% what I'm looking for. But I've stuck with my Note 3 for a year, which for me is a long time. The microSD card slot and removable battery mean that storage and a degrading battery are never an issue. Without those, I might as well go with an LG or HTC (microSD at least). I've been looking for a reason to ditch Samsung anyways, so it feels nice to be liberated.

LG phones are pretty good imho. Samsung is trash.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Wootman posted:

LG phones are pretty good imho. Samsung is trash.

Lucky Goldstar

faxlore
Sep 24, 2014

a blue star tattoo for you!

eric posted:

have u considered buying not poo poo in the first place

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

googles adhd strikes again

quote:

At this time, Google Apps for Work customers can't sign up for Android for Work with their Google Apps for Work domain. This functionality will be available soon.

google apps for all your email and calendar and file sharing needs? anroid phones because you hate your employees?

lol if you think you're using them together, get the gently caress out, this is google.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

eric posted:

go buy an iPhone you fucktard

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.

stickyfngrdboy posted:

The boomsound speakers are amazing. Whenever i get on a bus or train i can share my trance and acid remixes with everyone, and they can all hear it with great clarity and bass, even if they're twelve rows away. this isnt a downside.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

mobby_6kl posted:

gently caress you Samsung, I'm very likely to have my work Bleckberry replaced by whatever piece of poo poo you're shipping in a month or so, and what you do is remove everything that made your phones stand out and make an iphone clone?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Jose Oquendo posted:

is it possible that you are this incomprehensibly stupid?

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

Jose Oquendo posted:

i dont think he wants trash im sorry

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
hmm wonder what my main man Sunder Prime has cooking up in the 'ol "anroid" lab lmfao can't wait to peep dat ... NExus 7? Bwah? Hmm...

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

nexus 6s

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

nexii 6

eric posted:

is htc the new android it girl?

xiaomi

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
I have figured out how to cheat games on my andorid without rooting or anything bretty cool if you ask me do that on your iphone i dare ya

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Maximum Leader posted:

idk what 2 say, curved screen just suits my needs. its pretty epic combined with my cyanogen mod nightly roms i update my phone with every morning and my custom animes skin.

Smythe posted:

i want you to defend this post, as if you were an iyg defender defending a saumsung galaxy s4 with cyanogen mod + sd card slot. it better be convincing or im going to put you on Posting Probation

hey there boss u ignored me. you need to do this or im going to probe you. deadline 9pm pacific

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Smythe posted:

hmm wonder what my main man Sunder Prime has cooking up in the 'ol "anroid" lab lmfao can't wait to peep dat ... NExus 7? Bwah? Hmm...

i liked The Rock, he truly was the people's wrestler

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

pram posted:

you buy the whole phone, but youll only need the edge

this didn't get enough love

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

will never sell in developed nations that have intellectual property laws

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

i really like how xiaomi even "one more thing"'s.

idiotbitch
Jul 16, 2013
Smythe will like this http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/a14336/ikea-furniture-now-has-wireless-charging/

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://vine.co/v/O0KF6KXnaTD
lol

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

mega rad

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Also, on a long shot, is there a way to get a PS3 sixaxis controller working with my phone via bluetooth without root access? I could just skip this step if there's a way.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

i dont see the problem?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

add this guy to the do not buy from list

mobby_6kl posted:

Yes, and I prefer it to pinch-zoom too because you can easily do it with one hand. You know, when you want to zoom in on an area of interest in a picture for example.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

Smythe posted:

hey there boss u ignored me. you need to do this or im going to probe you. deadline 9pm pacific

you're so bitchmade lol

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

saucepanman posted:

i dont see the problem?

If you're connecting a giant rear end console controller to your telephone to play video games you're a loving laffo bitch and you're only using your phone because dad won't let you play Xbox on the family TV a day.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

If you want to get a 360 controller it'll work wired in through usb on the go without root.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Citizen Tayne posted:

If you're connecting a giant rear end console controller to your telephone to play video games you're a loving laffo bitch and you're only using your phone because dad won't let you play Xbox on the family TV a day.

i agree it's dumb, but there's a whole audience of idiots who like to play emulators on their phones/tablets. iOS is not immune from this.

the controller is also usable by games other than emulators. if you had a large tablet, say a 10" android or an ipad air 2, it might be really useful for such purposes.

Dodoman fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Mar 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014

Smythe posted:

im defending curved screens like hell? wtf are u on

• Locked thread